Thor and Percy Jackson vs. Wonder Woman and Jason Grace

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JackJack390

Thor and Wonder Woman has heard of Percy Jackson and Jason Grace, Wonder Woman found Jason and took him under her wing, Thor did the same with Percy, but one day Thor and Percy play a prank on the two, but they take it to seriously and decide to duel.

Rules: Thor is worthy here, New 52 WW, no God Mode, Percy has no curse, if Jason starts flying Percy gets Black Jack, believe it or not it's in character, standard gear, no BFR, win by KO or death, and the fight starts on the beach where Percy fought Ares

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I guess team 2 would take it. While i don't know who could win between Percy & Jason...i think Diana could take a mojority over Thor and then beat up Percy

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Team 1 stomps.

Why do people think WW is half as strong as Thor?

IMO, Pre-52 or not, she can't beat Thor.

Beata

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I don't like it, Team 2. Thor is much slower than Wonder Woman in combat speed, and she has her sword. Plus, she's pissed. And although Percy has a huge water source, I don't think it will be enough to stop Wonder Woman at all. He beats Jason though, handily.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, this is pretty cool. PJO battling with a Norse and Greek Deities. I'd say Team 2 wins.

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBlondeGod
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Team 1 stomps hard here. Wonder Woman only has the speed and reflex edge over Thor, which is nowhere near fast enough as her Pre New 52 levels. So I doubt she can avoid Thor's methods to stop her speed blitzes e.g AOE lightning or throwing Mjolnir after Diana. And since this is in character, Diana won't instantly go to kill Thor with her 'atom cutting' sword. Likewise, Thor may not go full out straight away but one clean hit from Mjolnir is all it'll take. Or a solid bolt of lightning. Regrettably Diana was KOed by Ocean Master's PIS lightning which is PIS for it to have KOed Superman but not necessarily her. Thor is more likely to be able to finish off Wonder Woman than Diana can put Thor down.

As for Percy vs Jason, Percy has displayed superior versatility and raw power to Jason but he has two series of books to thank for that. They stalemated each other during their fight in The Mark of Athena but that would be more than enough time for Thor to KO Diana. Then Jason hasn't a hope in hell of beating someone whose command of the storms exceeds his own by a major divide.

Even swapping the opponents round, Percy can last long enough against Diana for Thor to KO Jason quickly.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Team 1 should take it.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Diana wins:

No Caption Provided

Shortly after, she proceeds to stomp the 2 singlehandedly!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By amazing_webhead

Did anyone else think Percy and Jason's fight in Mark of Athena wasn't nearly as epic as the cover made it look?

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Percy outclasses Jason in every aspect especially if he is by an Ocean. He stalemated Jason and overcame him at points when he wasnt even at his best. By the ocean Percy 10/10.

Thor is stronger and more versatile than WW, although she has much faster combat speed. But in character she is still known to slug it out, which is a fight that she would lose. Thor beats her 7/10.

Team one for the majority.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm staying FFFFAAAAAAARRRR away from this one.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: No God Mode in this battle. Not that it would help this vastly less powerful version of Wonder Woman anyway.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage said:

Percy outclasses Jason in every aspect especially if he is by an Ocean. He stalemated Jason and overcame him at points when he wasnt even at his best. By the ocean Percy 10/10.

Thor is stronger and more versatile than WW, although she has much faster combat speed. But in character she is still known to slug it out, which is a fight that she would lose. Thor beats her 7/10.

Team one for the majority.

slug it out? Where? Like the instance she manhandles Hal and kicks Superman? Or the one where she fights Kara to submission? (the only fight she slugged it out.) She isn't Thor to slug it out. Her feats include more stomps and manhandles in her resume, even going back to her warrior princess days as an Amazonian.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lowlaville

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville: No God Mode in this battle. Not that it would help this vastly less powerful version of Wonder Woman anyway.

She's closed tears in space/time with her bracelets on. I beg to differ.

No Caption Provided

It might be true that she is less powerful than her prior incarnations, but Thor is a warrior. As the goddess of war, she can control Thor, if this counts as a way for winning.

No Caption Provided

So here's how it goes. Diana compels Thor to beat Percy. Either way, I see WW as being capable of bringing Thor down.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@lowlaville: On the one hand, I'll give you some credit for that point as Thor is weak against mental attacks and his TP resistance is shoddy, despite the times he's resisted powerful telepaths. On the other hand, this power does not have any credible mental feats that can apply to controlling Thor. Outside of that, this version of Wonder Woman is far weaker than Thor.

That space/time feat you cite is absurdly high end and hasn't been replicated on a consistent basis. Thus, you can't apply that as a proper rating of Wonder Woman's power levels when not even Superman, someone clearly more powerful than her with feats, has performed. She's been one hit KOed by the First Born who hits way weaker than Thor with Mjolnir in hand. Not to mention Ocean Master's lightning KOing her. I can assure you that one clean hit is all it will take to end Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the physical might or durability to withstand Thor and she's hopelessly outmatched otherwise.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Percy out classes Jason.

Thor defeats new 52 WW after a good battle. He's stronger plus has more endurance.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 in a hard fight.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Percy easily puts down Jason, and Thor manages to hold off WW long enough for them to double team her.

She can't handle them both.

Jmarshmallow

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lowlaville

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville: On the one hand, I'll give you some credit for that point as Thor is weak against mental attacks and his TP resistance is shoddy, despite the times he's resisted powerful telepaths. On the other hand, this power does not have any credible mental feats that can apply to controlling Thor. Outside of that, this version of Wonder Woman is far weaker than Thor.

That space/time feat you cite is absurdly high end and hasn't been replicated on a consistent basis. Thus, you can't apply that as a proper rating of Wonder Woman's power levels when not even Superman, someone clearly more powerful than her with feats, has performed. She's been one hit KOed by the First Born who hits way weaker than Thor with Mjolnir in hand. Not to mention Ocean Master's lightning KOing her. I can assure you that one clean hit is all it will take to end Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the physical might or durability to withstand Thor and she's hopelessly outmatched otherwise.

Firstly though, its not a telepathic ability. The communicating mentally might be. As the godess of war, she practically has control over the aspect or domain. Anyone that is a soldier/warrior is practically under her control. She can only do this with a certain catagory of individuals, under which Thor falls.

Secondly, that was a feat of superiority, I gave it to you. And, Superman is not stronger than Diana...she's manhandled Superdoom (doomsday amped Superman) with little to no trouble. She's also manhandled a pre apollo amped Zod and Faora, to the point of forcing them to retreat, while Superman was getting his butt whooped by them.

Scabs are in reverse order I think, so start reading from right to left. She handles Superdoom with her bracelets off though. She's practically stalemated and even compelled Doomsday to retreat on one occasion, which does not surprise me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@lowlaville: But that's not enough proof to indicate she could mind control Thor at all.

And you're seriously using this argument? You do know who both these characters are right? New 52 Superman is WAY stronger than New 52 Wonder Woman. You have absolutely no basis and no substantial evidence to support that conclusion at all. That's simply an absurd statement, I'm sorry but it's categorically and empirically false. And you've cited poorly contextualised scans to support your point which is hardly credible to say the least. Soule's depiction of power levels were inconsistent with how Superman was portrayed in the rest of the New 52. Where Soule had Superman job to Zod and Faora, Morrison wrote Superman using boxing to defeat Xa-Du who had the same powers as Superman. And this was a younger, more impulsive Superman under Morrison's pen. Writers like Pak and Snyder have written a much more tactical and resourceful Superman when he uses his powers.

As for SuperDoom, all Diana did was go God Mode and surprise attack SuperDoom. The element of surprise enabled her to win and SuperDoom does not have impressive combat speed. When he was ready for her, SuperDoom effortlessly brushed Diana in God Mode off him like so.

No Caption Provided

Don't cite scans without learning the wider context please, that's a debating tip I'll pass on for future reference. Oh and on Doomsday 'retreating' from Wonder Woman, I think you've been reading different comics than I am. In Superman/Wonder Woman #2, she was stomped by Doomsday and had her arm broken. Only Superman lifting the ship caused Doomsday to leave.

And in Superman Doomed #1, Wonder Woman got owned by Doomsday again. And yet again, Superman saved Wonder Woman from the frying pan against Doomsday.

In contrast, we all know how Superman vs Doomsday ended up.

No Caption Provided

Hence, if Diana can't beat a foe like Doomsday which Superman stomped in battle, how can you reliably argue that she can beat more powerful foes like SuperDoom, Superman or Thor?

Sorry if this is blunt response to your points but this is a topic which has an obvious answer and a clear discrepancy in feats. I'm absolutely positive that you can't prove this argument incorrect as well as being adamant that New 52 Wonder Woman is significantly weaker than New 52 Superman. And Thor in this scenario. One clean hit from Mjolnir is all it'll take for Diana to be KOed.

As for the New 52 Superman vs New 52 Wonder Woman question, I'm more than willing to debate it elsewhere, maybe in a CAV?

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackjack390:

Thor is genraly agreed to be > wounder woman

Percy is IMO> or = Jason

so team 1 will win thoughe only the wounder woman versus Thor part matters

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackjack390:

Thor is genraly agreed to be > wounder woman

Percy is IMO> or = Jason

so team 1 will win thoughe only the wounder woman versus Thor part matters

Pre New 52 Wonder Woman would beat Thor IMO. Even if Thor>WW, he can't hit her or get past her bracers' defense in time to win. New 52 Wonder Woman isn't that fast, powerful nor is her gear as protective as it was Pre New 52.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

this is new 52 so she can be beat by Thor ( since this is pre depowering )

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

this is new 52 so she can be beat by Thor ( since this is pre depowering )

See above for my argument on Thor beating New 52 Wonder Woman.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

And you're seriously using this argument? You do know who both these characters are right? New 52 Superman is WAY stronger than New 52 Wonder Woman. You have absolutely no basis and no substantial evidence to support that conclusion at all. That's simply an absurd statement, I'm sorry but it's categorically and empirically false. And you've cited poorly contextualised scans to support your point which is hardly credible to say the least.

I'll be honest, this made me laugh, because you are accusing me in such a manner. XD

SuperDoom effortlessly brushed Diana in God Mode off him like so.

Incorrect. You've missed the scope entirely. Diana was trying to stop Superman from rampaging. She was holding back. "Clark, I know you are there. You have to stop!". This does not sound like someone who was ready yet to make the necessary push. This is certainly setiment nor morals Diana has ever shown in any New 52 appearance towards anyone. It certainly did not sound like Diana was ready with her convictions.

Don't cite scans without learning the wider context please, that's a debating tip I'll pass on for future reference. Oh and on Doomsday 'retreating' from Wonder Woman, I think you've been reading different comics than I am. In Superman/Wonder Woman #2, she was stomped by Doomsday and had her arm broken. Only Superman lifting the ship caused Doomsday to leave.

I was talking about a different fight, not the first one.

Thanks for the advice....though here is one for you. Don't jump to misguided conclusions. I think you've already read these scans. Diana's roar splits the sky, and doomsday actually stops... sure does look like Doomsday retreated.

In contrast, we all know how Superman vs Doomsday ended up.

He did just that, yes; but you are underwhelming the instances involving Diana here. Refer back to what I said. Diana stalemated Doomsday. Isn't that what she does in the scans I showed you? And this is as I said, with her bracelets on. She handily stops DD amped Superman with bracelets off. I don't know which context you are talking about here.

As for the New 52 Superman vs New 52 Wonder Woman question, I'm more than willing to debate it elsewhere, maybe in a CAV?

That actually sounds very interesting. Whenever you are ready, feel free to make the thread and tag me in it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lvenger

@lowlaville: I'm honestly baffled you're sticking to your guns when there's such strong evidence to the contrary. But alright, I made the offer of a CAV and I'll stick to it. I still have a week before I go back to university and you make shorter posts than the people I usually debate against. So maybe we can have this one done by the end of next week. I'll make the thread now and you can pipe up to change the conditions if you want.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm curious. Are you referring to a preference by specific writers as being non-canon simply due depictions? It sure seems like your reason for dejecting or blowing certain feats/underwelming them at the same time. lol

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm curious. Are you referring to a preference by specific writers as being non-canon simply due depictions? It sure seems like your reason for dejecting or blowing certain feats/underwelming them at the same time. lol

No I'm saying that Soule wrote Superman poorly in that instance whereas Pak, Morrison and Snyder write Superman as being able to use his powers much more tactically and resourcefully. You'll see what I mean in the debate.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville said:

No I'm saying that Soule wrote Superman poorly in that instance whereas Pak, Morrison and Snyder write Superman as being able to use his powers much more tactically and resourcefully. You'll see what I mean in the debate.

Still if the writing passed editorial and published, that's canon I'd presume. Any reason you want to say its not?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lvenger
@thedailybagel said:

@lvenger: @lowlaville: CaV! Cav! Cav!

Your wish is my command: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-n52-wonder-woman-lowlaville-vs-n52-superman-lv-1602237/

@lowlaville said:

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville said:

Still if the writing passed editorial and published, that's canon I'd presume. Any reason you want to say its not?

It's canon but it's inconsistent with Superman's other showings in the New 52. And how he uses his powers and skills in battle.

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Percy for the win. Wonder Woman is faster than Thor, but not by enough margin to make that much of a difference. Percy would have little to no trouble dealing with Jason (he knocked him out in Mark of Athena) and is significantly more experienced in fighting powerful threats. Then while WW and Thor are brawling (with WW dodging Thor's strikes, but not being able to hurt the Thunder God,) Percy drenches her with water just long enough for Thor to get the drop on her, and summons his God blast, knocking her unconscious.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Percy easily puts down Jason, and Thor manages to hold off WW long enough for them to double team her.

She can't handle them both.

Jmarshmallow

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@lvenger said:

So Superman has 2 planetary strength feats in new 52 but people use them as valid,but we can't use WW's high end feats?.

3 planetary feats actually. And they're consistently replicated. Hence they can be used to prove Superman has planetary strength. Wonder Woman mending a spacial rift in the Phantom Zone has not been replicated more than once. It can be considered but when someone only performs a feat once, it's perfectly reasonable to cast scepticism over whether they can do so again.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor beats N52 Wonder Woman after a decent fight, not sure why Percy and Jason are here, whoever wins between Thor and WW will just mop the floor with them regardless.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I want to bump this thread simply cause I found it interesting.

Percy has more feats then Jason (well he had his own series :p), and near water Percy has the upper hand. I mean, he did harm Ares on said beach (of course Ares could've killed him but still). I think Percy can handle Jason on his own. I see him winning more times then not.

If it was Pre 52 Wonder Woman, I'd say if she makes good use of her speed, she'd most likely win as she's not that far behind in the physicals. But given how it's current Wonder Woman, whom hasn't really impressed me at all.. Thor beats her. Or Percy holds on long enough for Thor to dispose Wonder Woman then asks him to double team Jason.

AdamAmeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomp

TurboNinja2380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers