• 179 results
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I would like to know exactly how far spread and grand Mysterio's illusions can be without prior set-up.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Nobody: Doc Ock is out quickly here IMO. It really shouldn't be that hard for the numbers to overwhelm him and shoot him. A few pumpkin bombs and Shocker could be in trouble as well. "
Shockers blasts are wide range and keep growing in size the longer he fires. A pumpkin bomb couldn't even reach him, if he held his blast going. Dock Ock's arms react quickly and could knock people out from around corners before he even goes around them, so he would be safe. "

However people can still open fire on him with machine guns, and I believe in his current armor, he'd only be able to take a few burst shots.  When he was shot in the back by Scourge with a sniper rifle, he questioned the strength remaining in his suit and feared he wouldn't be able to take another shot, so he fled for cover.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By The_Martian
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Nobody: Doc Ock is out quickly here IMO. It really shouldn't be that hard for the numbers to overwhelm him and shoot him. A few pumpkin bombs and Shocker could be in trouble as well. "
Shockers blasts are wide range and keep growing in size the longer he fires. A pumpkin bomb couldn't even reach him, if he held his blast going. Dock Ock's arms react quickly and could knock people out from around corners before he even goes around them, so he would be safe. "
However people can still open fire on him with machine guns, and I believe in his current armor, he'd only be able to take a few burst shots.  When he was shot in the back by Scourge with a sniper rifle, he questioned the strength remaining in his suit and feared he wouldn't be able to take another shot, so he fled for cover. "
Yeah, but that is from a Sniper Rifle and from someone who isn't cannon fodder.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
However people can still open fire on him with machine guns, and I believe in his current armor, he'd only be able to take a few burst shots.  When he was shot in the back by Scourge with a sniper rifle, he questioned the strength remaining in his suit and feared he wouldn't be able to take another shot, so he fled for cover. "
Yeah, but that is from a Sniper Rifle and from someone who isn't cannon fodder. "

And these are standard issued HAMMER machine guns...I'm just saying, Shocker isn't exactly known for his agility or speed, so if others aren't drawing the fire for him, he could be in trouble if he faces overwhelming odds.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By The_Martian
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
Yeah, but that is from a Sniper Rifle and from someone who isn't cannon fodder. "

And these are standard issued HAMMER machine guns...I'm just saying, Shocker isn't exactly known for his agility or speed, so if others aren't drawing the fire for him, he could be in trouble if he faces overwhelming odds. "
I don't see him being overwhelmed. By the time Rhino is taken out, the team would be well withing reach of the room. Which means that they are in the corridors of the Helicarrier, and Shocker would just have to blast down each new corridor they enter, taking out everyone in it. HAMMER agents wouldn't have some "angle" to get him from.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Nobody: So when they are going against your team they are cannon fodder, but when they're going against mine theyre highly skilled operatives.......I see how it is....
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:
" @Nobody: So when they are going against your team they are cannon fodder, but when they're going against mine theyre highly skilled operatives.......I see how it is.... "
Your team doesn't have the durability to withstand them though, or the ability to simply sneak past them.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

They're cannon fodder. I stand by the fact my guys could sneak past them.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:
" They're cannon fodder. I stand by the fact my guys could sneak past them. "
Even Cannon Fodder has eyes:P
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
Even Cannon Fodder has eyes:P "
So do a lot of the characters my team sneaks past. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:

And these are standard issued HAMMER machine guns...I'm just saying, Shocker isn't exactly known for his agility or speed, so if others aren't drawing the fire for him, he could be in trouble if he faces overwhelming odds. "
I don't see him being overwhelmed. By the time Rhino is taken out, the team would be well withing reach of the room. Which means that they are in the corridors of the Helicarrier, and Shocker would just have to blast down each new corridor they enter, taking out everyone in it. HAMMER agents wouldn't have some "angle" to get him from. "

Rhino will be unable to eliminate the glider troops, and if you send him on a direct path to the room, it is likely many troops will remain above and the 4 turrets will be in use. 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
Even Cannon Fodder has eyes:P "
So do a lot of the characters my team sneaks past.  "
I've already said, they might be able to do it. I have a hard time believing they make it past the Superhumans. But even if they do complete the task, they could not do it as fast as the Sinister Six.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Perhaps....it is a lot easier when you have someone who can just charge through everything and everyone and basically nothing in the thread can take him down :P
But he's no good if Shocker and Mysterio die.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:
" Perhaps....it is a lot easier when you have someone who can just charge through everything and everyone and basically nothing in the thread can take him down :P But he's no good if Shocker and Mysterio die. "
In theory, Mysterio could walk in by himself. Get the data, and nobody would have even known he was there:P
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" Perhaps....it is a lot easier when you have someone who can just charge through everything and everyone and basically nothing in the thread can take him down :P But he's no good if Shocker and Mysterio die. "
In theory, Mysterio could walk in by himself. Get the data, and nobody would have even known he was there:P "
Highly doubt it lol
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
In theory, Mysterio could walk in by himself. Get the data, and nobody would have even known he was there:P "

Perhaps we should make a rule...The character downloading the data cannot use their abilities and must remain focused on the computer =P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Lunacyde said:
Perhaps we should make a rule...The character downloading the data cannot use their abilities and must remain focused on the computer =P "
Mysterio's illusions are often passive, though, so that will just screw over the other people xD
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Doesn't Mysterio need to set-up his more elaborate illusions?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Lunacyde said:
" Doesn't Mysterio need to set-up his more elaborate illusions? "
True, but once he has set them up he can usually just let them run their course.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Ferro Vida:  My point is he just can't walk in and bam illusions left and right.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Lunacyde said:
" @Ferro Vida:  My point is he just can't walk in and bam illusions left and right. "
I agree. In Guardian Devil it took him Months of planning to set everything up.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:

" Doesn't Mysterio need to set-up his more elaborate illusions? "

He's got three hours.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Exactly, he wil be in great danger while setting up any illusions he hopes to use, since this isn't his home turf. He is trying to set them up on hostile territory.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Nobody:  But those three hours don't allow him to get near the hellicarrier.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By The_Martian

I see the Sinister Six plan running like this.

Rhino charges full force. Along side him are illusions created by Mysterio of the other team members appearing to help Rhino fight his way through. While Rhino has gathered the attention of security. The other members of the team waltz in cloaked again by  Mysterio's illusions and heads straight to the  room with the computer. When they get into the room, a fight breaks out. In the confusions, Mysterio causes the the superhumans to look like the members of his team, so they start fighting each other. While they are distracted fighting themselves, Mysterio or Shocker activates the computer and gets the info and they head out.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:
" @Nobody:  But those three hours don't allow him to get near the hellicarrier. "
He wouldn't need to.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Hmmm.....I'll take your word for it.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By The_Martian
@Lunacyde said:
" Hmmm.....I'll take your word for it. "
If he had access to the area ahead of time, he could create more elaborate illusions. But with the three hours prep he could easily cloak his teammates from the HAMMER agents.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I figured he could do some kind of crude cloak, but I didn't think he could do anyhting fancy without access to the area beforehand.