Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Floopay

New Tournament

• This will be a 2 person team-up tournament. That is, you will be choosing a partner.
  • Your team will be collective, not individual. This means you will both construct one team, you will not be constructing two individual teams.
  • There will be several roles that need to be filled, and it is up to both you and your partner to decide what character you both believe would fill the role best.
  • Each round will be different, and you will not necessarily allow your entire team. What does this mean? You will not always be debating with your full team, some rounds will only allow a fraction or subset of the characters chosen.

Team-Up Guidelines:

You and your opponent will each have to build your collective team.

You have to choose how your team will function together. You can compose your team of characters you both know in detail, and both debate with all your characters at once. You can each take the lead in certain parts, and each debate separately with characters you each know very well and in good detail. Or a combination thereof, I don't really care.

If you don't get along well with someone, don't pick them as a partner.

Tournament Rules

• You pick a partner first, a team second. Don't build a team, and then call someone in as a partner as just a fill-in or as someone you can force to choose your team. Ask someone to be your partner, when they accept, you build a team.
  • Once a version of a character is chosen, that version of that character can no longer be used. That means there can be 6 Wolverines in this tournament if people wanted, but no more than one of any single version (so once Ultimate, 616, X-Men Evolution, Movie, Age of Apocalypse, Zombieverse Wolverine, or any others are chosen they are out). Obviously this applies to all characters, not just Wolverine I was just using him as an example.
  • You WILL debate respectfully. Guess what? You're not the only one trying to prove the you are right. Obviously your opponent is going to try to prove why you are wrong, and why their team can counter or defeat yours. Calling someone an idiot for not agreeing with you, constantly insulting them, or anything of the sort will not be tolerated. You will not receive more than a single warning, and if you cross the line too far with your first offense you can instantly be removed from this tournament. You've been warned.
  • Have fun. We all do this by choice and in our free time. This isn't supposed to be work, this is supposed to be fun. Most of us who troll (yes, I use that word with full knowledge of it's web-meaning) the battle forums do it because we love to debate and to flaunt our debating skills and flex our nerd muscles (I apologize if you don't like being called a nerd). So have fun with it, do something ridiculous, or don't; just remember that it's all about getting some gratification. If you lose, you lose, but try to go down swinging! :P
  • Build within the limits. If you are caught with someone outside the limits of this tournament, they will be removed and you will be left to debate as if you never had them. You will not ever get a replacement for that slot. You've been warned.
  • This is comicvine: You must have at least 1 comic book character on your team (any universe). This is comicvine after all, and as much as I love manga, video games, movies, anime, cartoons, tv series, and etc. I really believe tournaments have really been lacking in western comic book characters.
  • Limitations are Absolute: This means a character cannot exceed these limitations by any means. If you pick a character who is at the limits at their base, and has something that enhances it further, then they cannot have that something. Whether its a buff to make them stronger, armor to make them more durable, or whatever, it's not allowed.
  • Not covered in limitations. You know the power level I'm looking for, and if you don't, ask. No picking a character with electrogeohemopyrokinesis and claiming I never specifically stated you couldn't use a character who could manipulate the earth's magnetic field in a capacity to cause intense friction in the iron in a person's body causing them to light on fire and explode. Oddball powers are to be okayed by me before they can be used.

Team Building, Limitations, Character Choices

Okay, I know most of you probably skimmed over everything else just to see this part so I'll get right to it:

Teams will consist of: You get one of each unless stated otherwise.

• Champions: You get 2 of these.
  • The Leader
  • The Mastermind
  • The Meatshield
  • The Scout
  • The Wildcard
  • The Minions: You get to choose 2 of these.

Overall Powerlevel:Street Level+ (Spider Man, Inuyasha, Grey Fox, Space Marines, Pharaun Mizzrym, Zack Fair, Alexander Anderson, etc.)

The Champions:

Each team will get two of these. This character is my way of ensuring that you will both have a character to debate with in every match. Each team gets two champions, one for each team member. So both you and your partner will choose a character you love to debate with or want to debate with.

Limitations:

• Strength: 8 Ton
  • Reflexes: Spider Man (Classic)
  • Speed: Mach 1 (700 mph) (Cannot teleport more than 100 yards)
  • Durability: Can tank assault rifle fire with no damage. No intangibility.
  • Regeneration: Ultimate Wolverine (with adamantium, in case it makes a difference)
  • Destructive Capability: Tank busting attacks.
  • Telepathy: Non-Phoenix Jean Grey: 100 ft (30.5 meters), has to be able to see the person they are affecting, can only affect 1 person at a time (this means if they mind control someone and switch to another opponent, the initial target returns to normal). Has no defensive limitations (including team communication), and basic mind reading has no limitations either.
  • Telekinesis: 2 Ton
  • Conjuration, Self-Duplication, Summoning: Cannot have more than 2 summons, 2 conjurations, 1 summon as well as a conjuration OR 1 self-duplication. "Or" is the key word. Cannot create duplicates of others at all. No conjuring/summoning anything more powerful than the Leader limitations.

The Leader

He/she leads your party, is responsible for creating tactics during the fight, and before the fight. He/she is the one in charge of your team. Whether he/she does it from the frontline or backline, is up to you and your partner to decide.

Limitations:

• Strength: 5 Ton
  • Reflexes: Wolverine (616 and Ultimate)
  • Speed: 60 miles per hour (cannot teleport more than 100 yards)
  • Durability: Can tank assault rifle fire with no damage. No intangibility.
  • Regeneration: Greed (Full Metal Alchemist)
  • Destructive Capability: RPG Level.
  • Telepathy: Can only read minds, no limit on number of people. No defensive limit either (including team communication).
  • Telekinesis: 2 Ton
  • Conjuration, Self-Duplication, Summoning: Cannot have more than 1 of any, and cannot create duplicates of others. No conjuring/summoning anything more powerful than the Mastermind limitations.

The Mastermind

He/she will never actually see combat. This guy is behind the scenes, and in charge of special devices and creations before each match. Keep in mind, he/she's gotta build everything from scratch.

Limitations:

• Strength: 1 Ton
  • Reflexes: Wolverine (616 and Ultimate)
  • Speed: 30 mph (no teleportation)
  • Durability: Human
  • Regeneration: None
  • Device Limitations:
    • Explosives: Cannot produce anything that could do more than blow up a house.
    • BFR: Cannot BFR more than 1 person with something, and cannot BFR them for more than 1 minute.
    • Telepathy: Nothing that could KO more than 1 person, or mind control more than 1 person. Both have a 30 second limit.
    • Power Granting: Cannot produce more than 1 item that grants someone a special power or ability. That item cannot allow that person to exceed tournament limitations.
    • Stat Increases: Cannot produce something that increases their stats above the

The Meathshield

Oh yeah, this is your charge in brute. Take damage, dish it out, nothing more!

• Strength - 15 Tons
  • Reflexes - Wolverine (616 and Ultimate)
  • Speed: 45 mph (no teleportation)
  • Durability: Can shrug off a .50 caliber sniper rifle shot like nothing happened. Anything above that will harm him. Intangbility not allowed.
  • Regeneration: Ultimate Wolverine
  • Destructive Capability: Tank busting.
  • Telepathy: Defensive only.
  • Telekinesis: None
  • Conjuring, Self-Duplication, Summoning: None

The Scout

This is a special character. He/she has several jobs and therefore must be picked with very careful consideration. He/she will have limited prep time to himself before each match. He/she will be in charge of information gathering of enemy teams, he/she will also be in charge of scouting out the battlefield long before the battle starts. Finally, he/she will be in charge of scouting the battlefield immediately before the battle begins. How he/she goes about this, and how useful he/she is in combat, is up to you.

• Strength: Less than 1 ton
  • Reflexes: Spider Man and/or Venom Level (Flash or Brock, your choice)
  • Speed: Mach 2 (cannot teleport more than 200 yards)
  • Durability: Bone-claw Wolverine
  • Destructive Capability: A frag grenade
  • Telepathy: Non-Phoenix Jean Grey: 100 ft (30.5 meters), has to be able to see the person they are affecting, can only affect 1 person at a time (this means if they mind control someone and switch to another opponent, the initial target returns to normal). Has no defensive limitations (including team communication), and basic mind reading has no limitations either.
  • Telekinesis: Less than 1 ton.
  • Conjuration, Self-Duplication, Summoning: Can create up to 5 summons and/or summons, OR 1 duplicate of themselves. Cannot conjure/summon anything more powerful than the Leader limitations.

The Wildcard

This character replaces any member in any match. He/she assumes their role. You do not ever have to use your wildcard.

• Strength: 3 Tons
  • Reflexes: Wolverine (616 or Ultimate)
  • Speed: 45 mph
  • Durability: Can shrug off handgun fire.
  • Destructive Capability: RPG Level
  • Telepathy: Matt Parkman (Heroes): 100 foot limit, can only affect 1 person at a time (this means if they mind control someone and switch to another opponent, the initial target returns to normal). Has no defensive limitations, and basic mind reading has no limitations eithers.
  • Telekinesis: 1 Ton
  • Conjuration, Self-Duplication, Summoning: Can have up to 1 overall. Cannot conjure/summon anything more powerful than the Wildcard limitations.

Minions

This is your footsoldier. You will have several of these each match, and they will serve as your agents, army, and etc.

Every round, these will expand, and you will have more at your disposal and you will get to choose from a wider variety of characters.

• Strength: 1 Ton
  • Reflexes: Bullet-Timer
  • Speed: 60 mph
  • Durability: Kevlar
  • Regeneration: Can regenerate minor wounds in minutes.
  • Destructive Capability: At base: nothing more powerful than a sniper rifle. Extended: They can have up to 3 uses of something RPG level or lower (grenades, rpgs, etc.)
  • Telepathy: Mind Reading, no defensive limitations.
  • Telekinesis: 5 pounds
  • Conjuration, Self-Duplication, Summoning: Can create up to 1 thing, and it cannot be more powerful than themselves.

Note: Minions CANNOT be named characters. You can pick SHIELD Agents, HAND Ninjas, HYDRA Agents, US Marines, Spartans from 300, etc. etc. But you cannot pick Taskmaster, or Bullseye or something along those lines.

RESTRICTIONS

• No Insta-kills
  • No telefragging
  • No Teledropping
  • No Reality Warping
  • No Molecular Manipulation
  • No Time Manipulation
  • Intangibility must meet ONE of the following restrictions:
    • Must still be able to be harmed in some way
    • Cannot harm someone while intangible
  • No Power Mimicry of any sort
  • Nothing above the limitations of the tournament

Team Bonuses:

Teams do not have to worry about certain things, as all teams have the following in play:

• All teams will get along as if previous rivalries didn't exist. However, this does not exist each character's personality and does not ensure perfect teamwork. It just ensures each team will get along.
  • Language barriers will all be resolved.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Save me a spot

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Save me a spot as well

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Floopay

Teams: Currently 11 Teams

ils and tdlp

• Champion 1) Murtagh w/Zar'roc, Albitr, Niernen, Eldunarya, armor, and Thorn (fast. strong. magic. telepathy.)
  • Champion 2) Harbringer (Telepathy, telekinesis)
  • Leader - Josh Newman w/his swords and some esoteric gear (Trained by the girl who invented all martial arts, the knowledge of the God of War, Pyrokinesis, Aerokinesis, Hydrokinesis, epic blades of awesome, some random gear)
  • Mastermind - Tony Stark (...he's Tony Stark. Unless Maddison Jeffries isn't banned.)
  • Scout - Starlord (Dunno much about him) (Leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy, peak human, some future tech)
  • Meatshield - Luther Strode (Durability, regen, strength, hf, fast...fairly typical)
  • Wildcard - Shadow-on-the-Line w/H-Dial Harness (he can switch between any and all DC heroes; when he is that hero they lose their powers, but I won't switch to OP ones or switch to my opponent's chars)
  • Minions - COG (no clue) (Peak human soldiers with somewhat future tech, nothing crazy) and Death Eaters (wands, robes, Dark Marks)

sync1 and fetts

dextersinister and sovereign91001

• Champions: Psylocke/Guyver pre-gigantic
  • Leader: Kakashi
  • Mastermind: Leon Nunez
  • Meatshield: Kenji Uedo full potential
  • Scout: Black Zetsu
  • Wildcard: Xykon
  • Minions: white zetsu army, not sure on second

dccomicsrule2011 and lssh

• Champions: Luke Skywalker(ESB+) and Anderson (Hellsing)
  • Leader: Wrath (FMA)
  • Wild card: Galbatorix
  • Scout: Atem (with Puzzle, Ba and full deck)
  • Matser Mind: Batman.
  • Meatsheild: Wolverine.
  • Minions: Saint Georges Forever Knights and Storm Troopers.

Psychotic League of Psychopathic Psychos: jokergeist and diredrill:

• Champions: Norman Osborn and Psycho Mantis
  • Leader: Deadpool
  • Mastermind: Pre-52 Joker
  • Meatshield: Sweet Tooth w/ Sweet Bot
  • Scout: Shaco the Demon Jester
  • Wildcard: Buggy the Clown
  • Minions: Skrulls and Arkham Jokerz

Team Winners: cadencev2 and nickzambuto

• Champions: Zoro/Solid Snake (IDW)
    • The Leader: Big Boss
    • The Mastermind: Otacon
    • The Meatshield: Pre-Blood Seras
    • The Scout: Psycho Mantis (Twin Snakes)
    • The Wildcard: Vamp
    • The Minions: Genome Soldiers/Ghoul army

omgomgwtfwtf and pr0metheus

betatesthighlander1 and

darkraiden and supermanwithatan01

Natural Born Killers

• Champions: New-52 Deathstroke and Taskmaster
  • Leader: Pre-52 Deathstroke
  • Mastermind: Lex Luthor
  • Meathead: Sabertooth
  • Scout: Batman
  • Wildcard: Cassandra Cain
  • Minion: Jedi Knights

funsiized and nighthunter

veshark and kidman560

• 1 Champion: Daredevil;
  • 2. Champion: Emma Frost
  • 3. Leader: Cyclops
  • 4. Scout: X-23
  • 5. Meatshield: Agent Venom
  • 6.Mastermind: Mister Terrific.
  • 7. Minions: Limbo demons; Hand Ninjas
  • 8. Wildcard: Daken.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Save me a spot...hmm, who to team up with...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I have a couple champions/meatshields in mind, depending on if someone would like to make a villain team or not.

I also have an idea of a combo for the Leader and Scout which will give our team versatility and knowledge on all Marvel characters. If any of that interests you PM and we'll make a team.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. right now these are roles I have a few solid ideas for:

• Meatshield/Champion
  • Leader/Scout
  • Minions
  • Wildcard

If anyone wants to fill the gaps let me know.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sync1

PM me if you want to team up.

I specialize in the "good guys", so for example i'd do good with Nightwing type characters. I have a Mastermind, a Champion, and Minions in mind right now.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

Looks like fun. I think I can spare the time.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dextersinister

@floopay: I would also put in a stipulation that if someone ends up being over the limit there busted down to peak human, I feel like capping it at tournament limit is almost a reward.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Hmmm.... uh huh...... yeah........... I cannot think of any reliable partners on Comicvine.

None on here anymore anyways.

@strider92 Wanna do a team up? I like 40k, you like 40k, we both something of Spidermen.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: The rule is if someone is over the limit, that character is removed and they permanently lose that spot. They aren't busted down to anything, that character is kicked from their team and that slot is lost permanently...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. Anyone wanna team?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@floopay: I'd like in...let me start thinking of teams

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may have a partner for this, let me see how he responds to my PM.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Save me a spot.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Floopay
Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jokergeist

@floopay: Me and @diredrill are teaming, and here's our Psycho Team! (subject to change)

• The Champions - Kefka Palazzo, ???
  • The Leader - Deadpool
  • The Mastermind - The F*cking Joker!
  • The Meatshield - Sweet Tooth (with his truck)
  • The Scout - Shaco the Demon Jester
  • The Wildcard - Zombozo
  • The Minions - ???

*can I use The Mad Pierrot for The Meatshield?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokergeist: Laugh, no using Kefka, are you high?

Mad Pierrot would be allowed for Meatshield.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone wanna team up?

Also.... @floopay you should cover time manipulation probably

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jokergeist

@floopay: No, but I'm insane. There's a difference ya know

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: We are the Psychotic League of Psychopathic Psychos!

• The Champions - ???, Norman Osborn
  • The Leader - Deadpool
  • The Mastermind - The F*cking Joker!
  • The Meatshield - Sweet Tooth (with his truck, is this okay?)
  • The Scout - Shaco the Demon Jester
  • The Wildcard - Zombozo
  • The Minions - Skrulls, ???
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: You get basic skrull footsoldiers, but I can't allow any advanced skrulls, if that's okay with you.

@darkraiden Though I shouldn't have to, you are correct, someone will exploit it, and then get made when I tell them I'm eliminating that character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@diredrill: You get basic skrull footsoldiers, but I can't allow any advanced skrulls, if that's okay with you.

@darkraiden Though I shouldn't have to, you are correct, someone will exploit it, and then get made when I tell them I'm eliminating that character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yeah...is Raven over the limits? I...don't know how her Tk is at all, just her TP. Also....I feel like I should point it out. Inuyasha is mountain buster level. Far from street level.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: If I wanted Super Skrulls I would have indicated as such.

Would Sweet Tooth's Killer Kones Ice Cream Truck be allowable?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Inuyasha is not a mountain buster, that's a common misconception.

Depends on which version of Raven, though I think most, if not all, of them are over the limits.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@floopay: What is the rules for life force siphoning/soul manipulation? =O This is important because a character I'm choosing with has one/all of those capabilities.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@darkraiden: Inuyasha is not a mountain buster, that's a common misconception.

Depends on which version of Raven, though I think most, if not all, of them are over the limits.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well...he has a portal to hell and stuff. And he's lightning timed before, and he's outran a train with ease. I'd say he's above street level, that's all.

So hmm....what about Harry Potter characters or Star wars characters? How do you feel about them? Are they over the limits?

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: HELL NO. Neville Longbottom would solo this thing!!..and Chewbacca as well! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Not all of them. If you can prove they are within the limits they are allowed.

Also, when I stated Inuyasha, I meant Inuyasha at base.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: No insta kills, and manipulating a person via their soul is considered telepathy.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fast is catching a bullet with your teeth?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok @alohomoracloak or @morgrim how would you feel about teaming up with an all Harry potter and/or Percy Jackson team?

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Question #1) May Sweet Tooth have his Sweet Bot truck?

No Caption Provided

Question #2) Is Psycho Mantis allowed?

No Caption Provided

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Save me a spot for now. See if I can find a partner I can mesh with.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@floopay: Oh okay thanks =D Another quick question would a jedi or sith on the level of let's say.......Revan be allowed?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Are they within the limitations of the category you wanna put them in?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: @jokergeist: I feel like you can answer your own question by reading the limitations of each category...

As for Prometheus, depends on the distance from the character and the gun.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And ya I might give this a try. Anybody wanna team-up?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 juiceboks  Moderator

How fast is catching a bullet with your teeth?

Faster than Mach 1.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DarkRaiden

@floopay: Oh okay thanks =D Another quick question would a jedi or sith on the level of let's say.......Darth Revan be allowed?

I'm gonna help you dc, I'd stick with Anakin/Obi-wan types more since Revan will likely be DQ'd later on and you'll be left w/o a character.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone want to team up with me?

I'm crazy, prone to violent outbursts, not very intelligent, and won't help you out one bit :)