#1 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing believes steel killed reed,sue,Johnny and steel believes thing had something to do with superman death

The two meet to settle the score

Who wins and why

#3 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

Good battle. Two of the most underrated heroes in the business going at it. Question: Does Dr. Irons know that Ben is coming? And if so, how much time does he have to prepare?

Also, what's the battleground and/or starting distance?

#4 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (10237 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel has range, flight, gear and speed advantage over Thing. Since New 52 Steel isn't exactly healthy in the feats department, I can only assume Pre-52 Steel is being used. Dr. Irons's armor stood up to the Eradicator on one occasion and a Doomsday clone's continuous attacks and it took several pages for him to go down, honestly he could take all of Ben's punches and go blow for blow with him without breaking a sweat. John's armor regenerates and in earlier incarnations he's been able to teleport his armor and himself, his kinetic hammer absorbs kinetic energy so if he blocks Ben's punches he can hit him back with twice that amount of force. I can argue that John stomps Ben.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

If pre-52, I'd say Steel.

#6 Edited by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel

#7 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel has this.

#8 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel. Thing would need some really good energy-durability feats in this thread...

#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Great analysis, mon ami! Why do I keep forgetting that both John and his Armor have healing factors? *smh* I must be hungry or something...

@czarny_samael666: Steel. Thing would need some really good energy-durability feats in this thread...

Yeah, I can agree with this. He'd also have to overcome Steel's speed as well...

#10 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel has this.

#11 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel

#12 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: u made a very good case for john can u tell me what issue that was of steel vs eradicator and steel vs doomsday

#13 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by comic_book_fan (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

I know little about steel but from what I know ben wins.

#15 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: I know little about steel but from what I know ben wins.

Fair enough. Steel's MK I Armor was durable enough to both withstand the attack barrage of a motivated Eradicator and a fall from orbital heights during the same battle just weeks (comic book time) after its creation. It's been upgraded several times since the "Reign of the Supermen". In addition, he created the "Toastmasters", devastating handheld plasma cannons with crazy intensity modulation. Not to mention that just as a favor to his niece, he built her a suit of armor that can grow from her normal size to larger than a Gundam that's easily Class 100 with its own Kinetic Hammer that can do the same.

Speaking of the Kinetic Hammer, it is composed of a yet unknown alloy of superhard metals that is under Steel's complete control (via its flight path, etc..). It can generate EMP's and other energy phenomena. But it's most well known (and perhaps most deadly) ability is it's Kinetic Amplification. With this, the further it's thrown, the more damage it does on impact. See this for more details: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kinetic_Hammer. Steel could very well throw his Hammer to Cleveland before Ben arrives, and since it stores all that power until the point of impact, he could have it hover in mid air (yes, it can do that) until he shows up and then BOOM!!! It could be fatal, but I hope not because I like both of these guys.

#16 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: thanks for the feed back your a cool viner and a even better moderator:)

#17 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben. Ben is the Rocky of superheroes. In more ways than one ;)

#18 Posted by spiderbuck (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ben, and he may have a punchers chance in a brawl, but I like Steel in this fight.