who so you think will get there @$$ kicked

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Andferne

I'll have to go with Thing and his exsperiance over She-hulk.

I do feel sorry for Thing though. He seems to get the short end of the stick in fights around here poor guy. It's like he has become a measureing stick for other heros to base thier power level on, much like Gladiator.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

The Thing wins. He's a little stronger and his will to never give up would win over her superior stamina. I think he's a little harder to hurt.

WavyFLATLINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By WavyFLATLINE

The THING!! Hands down, he wins 9 out of ten times in my opinion. He's stronger, more durable and a better fighter.

-WavyFLATLINE

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

You guys aren't giving She-Hulk enough credit. She's been trained by Captain America, and she can take just as much punches.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hadrelius

Ms. Invisible says:

"You guys aren't giving She-Hulk enough credit. She's been trained by Captain America, and she can take just as much punches."

She's tough but I don't put anyone as tough as the Thing (anyone without a healing factor anyway). And she is weaker. 85 tons to Thing's 90 last I checked.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ms. Invisible

They've got a difference of 5 tons. I don't think it's going to do much of a difference unless Thing thinks up some plan to beat her in other areas than strength (which I haven't seen him do in the comics according to my knowledge). Plus Shulkie's got the healing factor. And she's cool because of that.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 04:46:22

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius

Ms. Invisible says:

"They've got a difference of 5 tons. I don't think it's going to do much of a difference unless Thing thinks up some plan to beat her in other areas than strength (which I haven't seen him do in the comics according to my knowledge). Plus Shulkie's got the healing factor. And she's cool because of that.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 04:46:22"

That's my point. His strength may not be that much greater but it is greater. And he is tougher than her. Has taken a lot more punishment than I've seen her take, from Thor's hammer to her cousin's fists. Don't get me wrong, it would be a battle, but I think the Thing would win.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Yes, it's greater but it isn't going to do anything if it's that much greater. He's taken damage from Thor's hammer? That's... unfortunate...

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

Ms. Invisible says:

"Yes, it's greater but it isn't going to do anything if it's *that* much greater. He's taken damage from Thor's hammer? That's... unfortunate..."

Just shows how much he can take. He is known for his ability to take punishment. I also forgot to throw in that he is a trained wrestler with more experience than her.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Okay, well I'm going to leave it like that because I haven't read about Thing getting hit in the face with Thor's hammer.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"She-Hulk is stronger,faster,smarter,and a better fighter.She wins!!!!"

She-Hulk stronger? Please show me where to find this. Last I read, she was at 85 tons, where the Thing was at 90. And a better fighter. C'mon! Its the Thing.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"Go back and read the Civil War files.She-Hulk is class 100 strength and the Thing is class 90."

Wow! Thanks for the info. Need to update my files. Still think the Thing can take her though.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Alpha says:

"She-Hulk stronger? Please show me where to find this. Last I read, she was at 85 tons, where the Thing was at 90. And a better fighter. C'mon! Its the Thing. "

I believe he knows wrestling and boxing? I just think that if he knows more styles then She-Hulk, it doesn't mean he has the advantage. If he were to combine all his known styles, then he would have created his own fighting style and easily beat her. And I have to say again that Captain America trained She-Hulk.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Go back and read the Civil War files.She-Hulk is class 100 strength and the Thing is class 90."
Wow! Thanks for the info. Need to update my files. Still think the Thing can take her though. "
The Thing is strong and he was a soldier so he knows how to fight,however She-Hulk was trained in combat by Captain America and did alot of self-traning for the battle with the Champion of the Universe.The Thing never graduated High School and She-Hulk is an experienced hero and lawyer so she's much smarter than him."

But years of experience fighting opponents who were stronger (Hulk, Silver Sufer) has to count for something.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Thing fought Silver Surfer too? Silver Surfer isn't a fighter, he's just someone who could blow Thing out of the water!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
Wow! Thanks for the info. Need to update my files. Still think the Thing can take her though. "
The Thing is strong and he was a soldier so he knows how to fight,however She-Hulk was trained in combat by Captain America and did alot of self-traning for the battle with the Champion of the Universe.The Thing never graduated High School and She-Hulk is an experienced hero and lawyer so she's much smarter than him."
But years of experience fighting opponents who were stronger (Hulk, Silver Sufer) has to count for something. "
Not when you have trouble beating Wolverine."

C'mon. She-Hulk would hv trouble beating him. Everyone does.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius

Ms. Invisible says:

"Thing fought Silver Surfer too? Silver Surfer isn't a fighter, he's just someone who could blow Thing out of the water!"

But he is stronger which adds to his experience in fighting stronger opponents. Didn't say he was a fighter. Hulk wasn't a fighter until he became a gladiator.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Okay, again, you're discounting Shulky's fighting abilities. Colt Python just pointed out She-Hulk is stronger than Thing. So She-Hulk's training from Captain America + her stronger-than-Thing's-strength means she wins.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius

Ms. Invisible says:

"Okay, again, you're discounting Shulky's fighting abilities. Colt Python just pointed out She-Hulk is stronger than Thing. So She-Hulk's training from Captain America + her stronger-than-Thing's-strength means she wins."

I assure u I'm not, but it seems that the Things experience and fighting ability (wrestler) isn't being taken in regard. I'm looking into her being stronger. Just can't take his word. But if she is, he has beaten stronger opponents than himself. That seems to be his thing.

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing is at 100tons, but She-Hulk has been bumped up to incalculable.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warlock360

She-hulk.

WavyFLATLINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WavyFLATLINE

Colt Python says:

I usually agree with you Colt. You put good reason and facts in your posts. However, I still disagree this time.

Ben wins this fight 90%. Why? Let me tell you what I think.

Strength is a push. Usually the Thing is a bit stronger but recent stories have reversed that. Still, a 5-10 tons advantage at those levels of strength is not that significant. It's like having one UFC fighter or wrestler that can press 300 lbs. vs one that can press 275 lbs. Sure, one is a bit stronger but that doesn't mean that they would hit harder or win the fight on strength alone. That comes down to skill, which I'll get to in a moment.

Speed is close also. Jen has not displayed superhuman speed or olympic level agility and Ben has "above average" human dexterity even in his "rock" form. Again not significant either way.

Smarts...they both outsmart each other. How? Jen is a lawyer and incredibly smart. Book smart goes to Shulkie. Ben is not stupid just because he makes fun of Reed always using $50 words. Ben is actually quite smart. Ben has way more life experiences, street smarts and military training (often referred to as an excellent pilot). Let's not forget he went to college, too. Wisdom and streetwise go to Ben, and in a fight, that's what you need.

Durability has to go to the Thing. He has proven time and time again to take incredible amounts of punishment and still be able to keep fighting against the toughest of foes. Many that are much stronger than him. His hide is definitely tougher than Jen's. Yes, she'll recover faster but he knocks her out first.

Fighting skills is no contest in my opinion. This is where Ben wins significantly. You should know that I'm a big proponent of the "trained with Cap" fighters. It's different for She-Hulk than say Hawkeye or Falcon. When they (Hawkeye & Falcon)trained extensively with Cap, they relied on their skills over their strength in hand to hand combat. When Jennifer trained with Cap, she was already super strong and counted on that strength to win a fight. This is why guys like Iron Fist are better fighters than Superman. They (Jen and Supes) never trained without their strength and therefore rely heavily on that to win. Ben grew up in a rough neighborhood with lots of street fighting, trained in the military in hand to hand fighting and tactical combat, was an accomplished wrestler and an all-around athletic tough guy before getting his powers. Since getting his powers he has developed his own fighting style. He combines all his martial skills into his fighting...street fighting, wrestling, judo, boxing and more.

He does this because he knows he needs to in order to beat stronger opponents. Which he has done countless times before.

The Thing wins this. That's what I think.

-WavyFLATLINE

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Apparition

WavyFLATLINE says:

"I usually agree with you Colt. You put good reason and facts in your posts."

o_0

but she-hulk wins

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She-hulk.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27  Edited By The_Martian

She-Hulk is stronger and more durable than Thing. She also has the potential to become stronger and more durable though this hardly ever happens. She is very experience having been on the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. She wins this hands down.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fin Fang Foom is a wicked character!

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No... I just used Dormammu because I just finished reading his profile when I made this account, and I figured no one else would have this name. Fin Fang Foom is lame. And I said Dormammu for no apparent reason.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By vegeta

ummmm are we forgeting she-hulk beat champion of the universe and the champ curbstomped

thing

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By vegeta

Colt Python says:

"vegeta says:
"ummmm are we forgeting she-hulk beat champion of the universe and the champ curbstomped thing"
The Champion didn't curbstomp the Thing...the Thing broke his ribs."

the champ beat him hands down and could have killed him but decided not to because thing would not give up and champ liked his heart

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Phorqe

She Hulk would She-kick him in his testi-Things.

WavyFLATLINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WavyFLATLINE

WavyFLATLINE says:

"Colt Python says:
I usually agree with you Colt. You put good reason and facts in your posts. However, I still disagree this time. Ben wins this fight 90%. Why? Let me tell you what I think. Strength is a push. Usually the Thing is a bit stronger but recent stories have reversed that. Still, a 5-10 tons advantage at those levels of strength is not that significant. It's like having one UFC fighter or wrestler that can press 300 lbs. vs one that can press 275 lbs. Sure, one is a bit stronger but that doesn't mean that they would hit harder or win the fight on strength alone. That comes down to skill, which I'll get to in a moment. Speed is close also. Jen has not displayed superhuman speed or olympic level agility and Ben has "above average" human dexterity even in his "rock" form. Again not significant either way. Smarts...they both outsmart each other. How? Jen is a lawyer and incredibly smart. Book smart goes to Shulkie. Ben is not stupid just because he makes fun of Reed always using $50 words. Ben is actually quite smart. Ben has way more life experiences, street smarts and military training (often referred to as an excellent pilot). Let's not forget he went to college, too. Wisdom and streetwise go to Ben, and in a fight, that's what you need. Durability has to go to the Thing. He has proven time and time again to take incredible amounts of punishment and still be able to keep fighting against the toughest of foes. Many that are much stronger than him. His hide is definitely tougher than Jen's. Yes, she'll recover faster but he knocks her out first. Fighting skills is no contest in my opinion. This is where Ben wins significantly. You should know that I'm a big proponent of the "trained with Cap" fighters. It's different for She-Hulk than say Hawkeye or Falcon. When they (Hawkeye & Falcon)trained extensively with Cap, they relied on their skills over their strength in hand to hand combat. When Jennifer trained with Cap, she was already super strong and counted on that strength to win a fight. This is why guys like Iron Fist are better fighters than Superman. They (Jen and Supes) never trained without their strength and therefore rely heavily on that to win. Ben grew up in a rough neighborhood with lots of street fighting, trained in the military in hand to hand fighting and tactical combat, was an accomplished wrestler and an all-around athletic tough guy before getting his powers. Since getting his powers he has developed his own fighting style. He combines all his martial skills into his fighting...street fighting, wrestling, judo, boxing and more. He does this because he knows he needs to in order to beat stronger opponents. Which he has done countless times before. The Thing wins this. That's what I think. -WavyFLATLINE "

Colt Python says:

"You missed the part about the Thing having trouble beating Wolverine."

Ben might have trouble with Wolverine but She-Hulk would probably lose to the little runt. Logan's fighting skills are above the Thing's which is well above Jen's. Wolverine's willingness to use his claws on anyone would cause a lot of problems and damage to She-Hulk. I can see her losing her forearms or other body parts to those blades whereas Logan could not cut all the way through Ben's hide. Ben has been hurt by Wolverines blades and recovered. The same damage to Jennifer would have been horrific, causing the loss of part of her face. She would heal due to her healing factor but would not replace body parts she would be missing. Wolverine is not a good example for She-Hulk to fight against.

There was an issue of the Thing (#5 or #6 I think from 1983 or so...yeah, I'm that old) where he fought and beat Wonderman (who is stronger and faster) She-Hulk (who is faster and almost as strong and durable) and Spider-man. They were all being controlled by the Puppet Master so they did not fight at their best but they did use all of their strength and no restraint. Plus, Ben had to pull his punches so he wouldn't hurt his buddies too much. Yes, this story is 25+ years old and She-Hulk is stronger now but it shows how Ben uses his skills in a fight not just his strength.

She-Hulk beating Champion one-on-one is ludicrous and bad writing. It just shouldn't happen. It's on par with Spider-man beating Firelord, which he did in his own book. Or how about Lobo losing to Wolverine (thanks to fan votes and popularity). It's just stupid.

When Peter David wrote "The Last Avenger's Story", he had Thor and Hercules leave for war in Asgard. They took what represented the two strongest mortals with them that they would want to fight alongside with...Hulk and the Thing.

During the first Secret Wars, Ben proved his abilities against stronger opponents

(like "Galactus' Cat") but Jen kept getting her butt beat by stronger foes like Titania (who was at the 85 ton level). She also was badly beaten by the Wrecking Crew. I know she's stronger now but her skills are still not close to Ben's.

If you are convinced that She-Hulk wins, then I can't change your mind if it's already made up. If you're on the fence, then you can see I've made really good points and Benjamin J. Grim should win 9 out of 10 times.

The Thing Wins. That's what I think.

-WavyFLATLINE

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Methos

WavyFLATLINE says:

"She-Hulk beating Champion one-on-one is ludicrous and bad writing. It just shouldn't happen. It's on par with Spider-man beating Firelord, which he did in his own book. Or how about Lobo losing to Wolverine (thanks to fan votes and popularity). It's just stupid."

my favorite part of that entire argument...

M

WavyFLATLINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WavyFLATLINE

I just read WWHulk. Jennifer gets dispatched with one hit from the Hulk and says,"God help us." Later, Ben fights the Hulk one on one for a couple of pages. Knowing the Hulk is way stronger than him, The Thing jumps readily into the fray landing some good blows and taking some better ones and eventually gets beat up too. Even though he loses to the Hulk, he stands up to him better than many heroes stronger than himself. Why? Because he might not be stronger than She-Hulk now but he IS the better fighter and he's more durable than her.

The Thing Beats She-Hulk.

-WavyFLATLINE

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Stronger

The Thing owns!!

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By venomyak

@Alpha: @Alpha said:

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
But years of experience fighting opponents who were stronger (Hulk, Silver Sufer) has to count for something. "
Not when you have trouble beating Wolverine."

C'mon. She-Hulk would hv trouble beating him. Everyone does.

not twelve year old molly hayes

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

She-Hulk.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@Ms. Invisible: He may not be much stronger than her but he is allot more durable so i think that puts him in the advantage.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sherlock
@Marco_Kidd: He isnt stronger than her at all.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sandiego008

I'm going with she hulk on this one.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sherlock

Found it!

No Caption Provided
Thing is not stronger than Shulkie
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She Hulk.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By Erik

She-Hulk.  

Great debate people! 

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jashro44

She hulk probably. I think the thing is more durable but she hulk is stronger and a better fighter.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scarbearer

Well as much as I hate to conceed this, but I think Marvel has made it clear that She Hulk is stronger than Thing at this point. but I think Thing is probably more durable still, and even though She Hulk is good and has gotten alot better over the years, I still think Ben has the edge in Hand to Hand skill as well as still having alot more experience than she has. It's a good fight, and She Hulk is strong enough and capable of enough to beat Ben, but I think Ben, if he's properly motivated, still has the tools to handle her.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47  Edited By owie  Moderator

I think She-Hulk has surpassed Thing's strength, and is also probably more durable. He probably has better skills, but she's come a long way baby since her salad days, and is no slouch herself anymore. She-Hulk wins.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By dernman

In theory Thing wrecks her. I actually presentation is there is more of a question. Still though I believe Thing wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dondave

She-Hulk

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Saren

Well.......recently in Fantastic Four #2 the two of them were measuring their strength and Ben appeared stronger, given that he was apparently willing and able to take on more weight after Shulkie tapped out at 85 tons. That scan of Jen lifting the Thing's maximum weight setting with one hand is out of context, it took place right after she'd received a strength upgrade during her preparation for the fight with Champion. For that matter the same upgrade made Shulkie stronger than Hercules, too, and that upgrade disappeared once her fourth volume began.

No Caption Provided

Ben is stronger and perhaps more durable (actually he's almost certainly more durable, given that he took on several Kree Sentries who had KO'd Jen with their blasts, as well has having fought evenly with Namor twice in the last year while Jen was knocked out by Namor hitting her with Luke Cage), but Jen's not far behind in either of those categories, in addition to being a much better fighter and more mobile since she's not as bulky as he is. Could go either way, but I lean towards Shulkie for a slim majority. I don't think it's a sure thing for either side.