#1 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals, not blood lusted

Start 100 yards from one another

Battle in clear field

No prep

Fight to k.o or death, no BFR

pre 52 thing and pre death of alpha flight sasquatch.

#2 Posted by tmannion0901 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

sasquatch

#3 Edited by DedrabbiT (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol thing is not DC so he can't be new 52

#4 Edited by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

thing has more h2h knowledge so he should win also thing is not from DC so there is no pre 52 thing...

#5 Posted by Owie (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have to post this. But I will state right away that I don't believe it for an instant. Infinity Crusade was full of WIS and PIS, and this issue in particular.

I mean, not only is Sasquatch stronger than Thing in my opinion, but then Gamora KOs Thing with a NERVE STRIKE? Through his ROCK SKIN?!

(I do have to say that according to the '86 OHOTMU, Sasquatch was a 70 tonner and Thing and 85 tonner, so there's some legitimacy to this idea of their comparative strength. BUT, Sasquatch has done much better against folks like Hulk and Juggernaut than Thing.)

I think Thing is a better fighter, and probably has better durability. In the long run, I may go with Thing for the win, but only 5.5/10. And I could be persuaded to switch and give that slight majority to Sasquatch. Basically I think Sasquatch's best feats are perhaps better than Thing's, but Things are more consistent.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Owie. This really could go either way but I give a slight edge to Grimm due to his skill.

#7 Posted by boschePG (1973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: no morals yet not bloodlusted???

strange combo. under circumstances, Ill take Thing. Im assuming you didnt want the possession of the Great Beast to take over Walter. If that was the case, Sasquatch wins in bloodlust

#8 Edited by Owie (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

@sandiego008: no morals yet not bloodlusted???

strange combo. under circumstances, Ill take Thing. Im assuming you didnt want the possession of the Great Beast to take over Walter. If that was the case, Sasquatch wins in bloodlust

The difference is to have a character willing to kill, and do whatever is necessary for a win, but not be in a berzerker rage, which really could make some characters less effective--in my mind, a bloodlusted character isn't thinking straight, they're filled with adrenaline and super-aggressive. Whereas a no-morals character could be very cold and thoughtful and yet still ruthless.

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (11201 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasquatch.

#10 Edited by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing

#11 Edited by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

They bothe have comparable strength, however, The Thing could due to his fighting skills

#12 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: what's up with Gamora acting like a damsel in distress? Can't get past his fists? She got past Thanos' just fine.

#13 Posted by Owie (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: what's up with Gamora acting like a damsel in distress? Can't get past his fists? She got past Thanos' just fine.

Oh, she was just mind-controlled (as was Thing) and so they were sort of in a "we all love each other and say nice things to each other" zone.

#14 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing due to willpower and skill.

#15 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: oh thanks I forgot everyone was acting funny due to the goddess.

#16 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: I will go against you on saying Thing having better durability than sasquatch only b/c sasquatch was the only Alpha Flight member that survived the attack that killed extremely durable AP members and it only k.o. sasquatch.

#17 Posted by Owie (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: I will go against you on saying Thing having better durability than sasquatch only b/c sasquatch was the only Alpha Flight member that survived the attack that killed extremely durable AP members and it only k.o. sasquatch.

What's AP? You've read more of him than I have, I wouldn't really argue with you if you think it's the case. Are you reading the new series he's in?

#18 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: Meant AF, Alpha flight .. blast that killed guardian, vindicator and puck all whom are extremely durable. And nah not at the moment im reading older, and lesser known series when I get a chance right now (finishing poison elves right now)

#19 Edited by Owie (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: Meant AF, Alpha flight .. blast that killed guardian, vindicator and puck all whom are extremely durable. And nah not at the moment im reading older, and lesser known series when I get a chance right now (finishing poison elves right now)

oh OK. Yeah, I just picked through my store's cheap-random-old-stuff bin for the first time in a while. Always good to find the old gems.

#20 Posted by comic_book_fan (4492 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: thing at that time was right below thor in strength he was among the top 3

1.hulk

2.thor

3.the thing

after about 3 years later he fell to like number 10 or lower

but ben still wins this with no problem.

#21 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins.

#22 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasquatch is stronger(at least from what I've heard). He lifted a battleship to a base so it could be prepared.

#23 Edited by Owie (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: thing at that time was right below thor in strength he was among the top 3

1.hulk

2.thor

3.the thing

after about 3 years later he fell to like number 10 or lower

but ben still wins this with no problem.

Why would he have gotten that strong, and why would he then have gotten weaker?

#24 Posted by jwalser3 (4434 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben takes this.

#25 Posted by comic_book_fan (4492 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing gets stronger overtime through working out and obsorbing cosmic rays as stated in ff 388.

#26 Edited by Name55555 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing!

He's much more durable with his rock body and have more h2h experience, plus Sasquatch himself admitted that Grimm is stronger!