thing vs hulkbuster armor

• 95 results
sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ben grimm shows tony why girls with blue eyes are better than redheads.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#53 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: What's even funnier are Ziggler's world title run(s).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By laflux

@laflux: What's even funnier are Ziggler's world title run(s).

CM Punk left.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#55 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: Which helped cause Daniel Bryan to get the belt and younger and more up and coming people opportunities in more prominent roles....but not Ziggler.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: then squirrel girl solos the whole of marvel off panel

angrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkgenex:

I do understand what you mean, but durability plays a great role in this battle too, exactly how durable do you think hulkbuster armor is and I really don't think its as durable as bens hide actually Its not............................... and its not like ben is weak or slow as most people think

we all know that beneath the ocean where the pressures are immense ben was able to fight and move pretty easily, and he had to fight namor which made it much harder, do you really think that doesn't translate to punching power I mean, if he can move his fists in an ocean of about 8tons psi pretty smoothly, don't you think his punches would be devastating to the hulkbuster armour.

Darkgenex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angrir: It was durable enough to take hits from the hulk, several actually, and not even dented or harmed at all, by the looks of the scan it didn't even get a scratch.

A suit that can match the hulk will overpower Thing, because of the logic that Hulk overpowers Thing.

angrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By angrir

thing has matched hulk on several occasions sooo, there goes your point...

samuel90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angrir: the hulk buster was stated to be able to withstand 175 tons of pressure I think it said in the scan, she hulk was able to hold things max weight with just one hand (strength enhanced by working out as Jennifer Walter before transformation) and hulk is stronger her, as shown in the scans the original hulkbuster stalemated the hulk and was able to take multipal hits with minimal damage.

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tony.

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stark.

nickyhansard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm here a little late but I'll add my thoughts anyway.

The scan of him in the ocean is totally irrelevant. There is no pressure preventing him from moving. If a human was somehow able to withstand the pressure at that depth, they would be able to move perfectly fine. It's not downward force (gravity), it's simply pressure. Also he is a rock which doesn't really compress, it's not a feat for a rock at the bottom of ocean to not be compressed (there are plenty of them). Technically a human without any gasses or spare spaces inside them wouldn't be crushed either and would be able to move the same as if they were in your average pool (I'm not 100% certain about that but relatively sure).

I'm no comic expert but I always thought that the Hulk was in an entirely other league compared to Grimm. If Hulkbuster can go toe to toe with the Hulk and the Hulk can stomp Grimm, than Hulkbuster should logically stomp Grimm. Before you flame me for the last part, let me explain myself. I know just because A can beat B and B can beat C It doesn't usually mean A can beat C... BUT the power set of Grimm and the Hulk are virtually identical but differ in how powerful their abilities are, with the Hulk being far more powerful in virtually everyway. So I think in this instance the ABC logic applies.

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The remains of The Thing become the foundation of a house

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tony

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

deadlake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By deadlake

@angrir: well in the WWH fight iron man's suit outlasted ben in the battle against hulk and took way more hits from him by a lot so it's way more durable.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7:

^^ exactly.. Putting Hulkbuster against Thing is almost like saying Thing and Hulk are on the same level.. and they're not. Which is kind of disrespectful to Hulk..

It's also like putting Extremis Armor Iron Man against Cyborg.. Lol Hulkbuster again.. Isn't neccessary.

Vic Stone or Hank Henshaw?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord44: if I can use Rocket laughing gif right now I would. Lol!

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't really a fair fight and Ben will go down in a couple of hits. Even in his regular suit ironman would still win fairly easily, probably even easier than the fight in the hulkbuster

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First: inconsistency is Thing's middle name. Like many long timers he is all over the place and you can find him having a tough time with weaker foes and clobbering big baddies. What has been consistent is that he is always at least a bit weaker than Hulk. Not so weak that he can't at times tie hulk up in a brawl mind you, but just not quite equal. That being said, any Hulkbuster suit is going to at least be a draw or better. That is because the Hulkbuster is a plot device that will always occupy that niche whereas the Thing exists outside that niche.

Also someone said rocks don't compress. This is incredibly false. All metalwork is compressed components of rocks, all metamorphic rocks have either been superheated, compressed, or both. Diamonds form when carbon in rocks is compressed under enough pressure that they align a certain way.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: iron man base could handle the thing...

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Iron Man

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vuviper said:

@Morpheus_ said:

" @Obtrusive said:
" But it always gets destroyed from what I have seen when he fights the hulk with it. I ment the first one, not the armor wrapped in a tank. "
The first one, as pictured, from Iron Man vol. 1 # 304-5, was never destroyed - in fact, the fight was never completed for us to know who would have won, nor did anyone of the two have the upper hand over the other.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
"

That was one of my favorite toys as a kid

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Hulkbuster...

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By TheDandyMan

Hulkbuster's strength and durability seems comparable to Thing but it's greater versatility is what gets Tony the majority.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has a hulkbuster armor actually ever beat hulk ....what makes anybody think that thing cant win this?

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By wbr17

Hulkbuster should bust Hulk, not Thing

So

Thing wins.

Try again with thingbuster next time.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@sasquatch888: Nope. The closest it came was stalemating hulks second weakest incarnation.

In recent years hulk can take them out in 1-2 hits without even trying.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By westy206

The Thing gets way underplayed by fans. I feel like its because F4 aren't as popular as they once were and the popularity of others have increased but Ben is a beast. He has put up great fights with some of the toughest, meanest and strongest people/aliens/mutants/monsters out there.

Durability is on Bens side.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has a hulkbuster armor actually ever beat hulk ....what makes anybody think that thing cant win this?

It never has, but the reason why most people think HB would beat Ben is because some HB could withstand more then one blow from Hulk.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Even regular Ironman can beat. A armor specifically designed to beat a stronger foe will take down Thing handily

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Rag_man

Ben is one of the few characters that can claim to have defeated the Hulk a few times and fought to stalemates many times (of coarse, getting the worst of most of their outtings)... I don't think a Hulkbuster armor is necessarily a lock for a majority. I would like to see this battle on panel though :)

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: Yea but that was a very long time ago, when Ben was actually one of the top bricks and could physically overpower someone like Surfer with ease, the disparity between Hulk and Thing has grown so much since those days. So much so that in their most recent fight when Thing and Wolverine together fought a weakened Hulk they got beat so badly they promised to one another not to speak of this incident to anyone else. And one of the Hulkbusters in the picture is one from WWH who managed to hold off Hulk for a while, while Ben got one shoted.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

@rag_man: Yea but that was a very long time ago, when Ben was actually one of the top bricks and could physically overpower someone like Surfer with ease, the disparity between Hulk and Thing has grown so much since those days. So much so that in their most recent fight when Thing and Wolverine together fought a weakened Hulk they got beat so badly they promised to one another not to speak of this incident to anyone else. And one of the Hulkbusters in the picture is one from WWH who managed to hold off Hulk for a while, while Ben got one shoted.

The disparity between Hulk and Thing had seemingly grown but most of those Hulks are not 616. I know of that story with Thing and Wolverine against a bald Hulk and I agree their ineffectiveness and lack of teamwork was disappointing to say the least, but I'm not sure if that is even 616? It's gone the other way too, I remember seeing a bearded Thing, in some alternate reality, absolutely stomp some kind of Hulk.

WWH did ALOT to damage Ben's image, yeah it looked bad, but people need to keep that scene in context; Ben has had a long history with Hulk, and they are actually friends, if anyone knew how Hulk was screwed over it was Ben, so he's not going to go all out on him. In that scene Thing was merely trying to stall him, it seems pretty obvious; Ben throws a quick combination and stops, if anything it looks as if Ben is one of the few that actually hurt Hulk. Sure WWH had the ability to put him down easily but how much of that was Ben taking a dive I wonder? He was never even knocked out, he was talking next panel, and for a character that is known to never quit this makes little sense unless Ben's heart was not in this.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: What do you mean most of those are not 616 Hulk? Everyone i am referring to are 616 Hulks. Of course that instance is 616, it was Hulks on book a couple of years ago. Alternate realities are not 616.

First off Ben was by no means holding back against the Hulk, he never EVER has. It was Hulk who actually held back during the entire war and he still took out Thing with 1 hit... you can't hold back your durability. But even before the WWH even, Ben fought an rampaging Hulk together with the human torch and they lost even after Torch went Nova he did no damage to him and Ben could only tell him to run while Ben lies on the ground with broken ribs and admitting he can't even move, but luckily Hulk came back to his senses and didn't kill them. Why would Ben take a dive? As far as Ben knew Hulk came there to take Reed away and kill him exact his revenge on him, so what kind of a dive are you even talking about? Ben was laying on the ground bloody, he could barely even lift himself the only reason Hulk stopped from delivering his last blow is because he thought Sentry had came to talk to him.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends if tony is wearing it or not if he isnt then thing wins

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An armor that's meant to take on The Hulk vs. Thing? Yeah, mismatch. Thing is outclassed here

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulkbuster would blow away thing like he blowed away world war hulk: hulkbuster stomp...

Railburner69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the incarnation, but I'm going with Thing against most versions. The Hulkbusters have never did well against Hulk, while Ben has given Hulk longer and better fights.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

No idea why this was bumped. Hulkbuster units are jobbers and designed to deal with a dumb and stupid Savage Hulk with obvious and blunt technological tactics, while Ben wouldn't fall for them and has the strength and durability to brawl with it and break through the armor eventually.

Model 36 might be the most capable out of them, but even that eventually falls to Ben's willpower and overwhelming capability to take punishment.

Railburner69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea why this was bumped. Hulkbuster units are jobbers and designed to deal with a dumb and stupid Savage Hulk with obvious and blunt technological tactics, while Ben wouldn't fall for them and has the strength and durability to brawl with it and break through the armor eventually.

Model 36 might be the most capable out of them, but even that eventually falls to Ben's willpower and overwhelming capability to take punishment.

I bumped this because there's a chance that the Hulkbuster being used here is the WWH Hulkbuster, which may have a chance against Ben. I agree that Thing beats probably every other version.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I tend to agree that the HulkBuster's are almost jobber units and despite their size and formidable appearance they have never given any version Hulk a real, serious extended fight, like Ben has. I actually think that Tony in his regular armor has a better chance against Ben due to greater speed and manueverability. The HulkBusters are designed to slug it out close quarters and against bricks of this magnitude that is never a good idea. Ben is close enough in sheer strength and even better in tactics & strategy than the Hulk that he will basically be able to take them out.