#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba Fett - EE-3 carbine blaster , sniper blaster, WESTAR-34 blaster pistols, ZX miniature flamethrower, mini-concussion rocket launcher, dart launcher (one under knee pad, one in right gauntlet, concussion grenade launcher, DUR-24 wrist blaster, Mandoalorian armor (Mandalorian iron), wrist cord, thermal detonators, sonic detonator, retractable vibro-blades, vibro-club, jetpack w/ missile, helmet (w/ a gas filter and lots of vision modes).

Darth Vader - Darth Vader's suit and lightsaber

Darth Maul (cyborg) - Cyborg legs, lightsaber, and thermal detonators

General Grievous - Lightsabers, electrostaff, wrist cord, and blaster

Durge - Gen'Dai armor, jetpack, energized bolas, machine gun gauntlet, flamethrower, spiked flail, dart launchers, energy shields, T-6 Thunderer heavy blaster pistol, WESTAR M5 blaster rifle.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Classic Cable - Ear Piece, Beam Rifle w/ Thermal Scope, Twin Desert Eagles, Twin SMGs, Psi-Mitar, Frag, Flash, and EMP Grenades, Combat Knife

Wolverine - Ear Piece, Muramasa Blade, Twin Desert Eagles, Adamantium Skeleton and Claws

Monet - Ear Piece

Psylocke - Ear Piece, Australian Armor, Psychic Katana, Psychic Knife

Emma Frost - Ear Piece, Twin Desert Eagles, Frag, Flash, EMP Grenades, Kevlar Armor

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Battle Ground:

Scenario:

Welcome to this Episode of THEME BATTLE. Where Master Hand collects the best of every Omniverse and throws them in the mix. Todays match is Star Wars vs X-Men matchup for the Ages! On this Snow Map of Freezing weather we have to bases on each side. The Match is a Cpature the Flag!!! Each Star is the Flag Are out in the open. You cannot remove this flag except by physicaly grabing it. No TK, Zip Lines, or other shenagins. He who can debate taking the enemy Flag while holding there own wins! Or you can KO your opponets team, that works too.

Perks:

Base Defense! You have 4 Auto Lasers gaurding your flag along with a Electric Dome Fence!

Respawn Point! You have the Ability to Teleport your whole Team back to your Flag. Cannot do this if someone is carrying the Flag

Rules: Morals On, No BFR, Power Neutral Universe, Everyone Knows the Basic (Unless from same Universe then Detailed) of Everyone.

When done Debating we will Vote.

#2 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio

Esquire? Dammit I feel screwed. 
 
I guess I'll take Respawn Point. Also would you care to tell me which side I'm on?

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: MY Bad Edited.

#4 Posted by Vaeternus (9345 posts) - - Show Bio

Does esquire know? lol about the topic I mean. Neat

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: I know hes been busy alot.

#6 Posted by Esquire (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been really busy lately, so Fetts can make the opening post. I'll try to keep up with it, but I'm in mid-gigantic debate with NickZ in NickD's tourney and I've got Cadence and my debate to do, as well as Floopay's tourney, so sorry if it takes me a while to respond.

Anyway, I'll take Base Defense just to be different. And which side do I start on?

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: @Esquire: Yup! Fetts starts where the Star is colored like Darth Vaders Lightsaber. Esquire starts where the Star is colored Classic Cables outfit. :)

#8 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Esquire@CadenceV2: No worries. I'm kinda busy as well. My grandparents are staying over for the week :)
#9 Posted by Esquire (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

Opening Strategy:

Monet will head up and arc over the battlefield, working to provide air superiority. Emma will cast an illusion over your team, making them think they're being lectured by Darth Sidious. Maul and Vader may be able to resist thanks to their force powers, but the other three have no such advantage. Cable, Psylocke, and Wolverine will run across the battlefield towards your team. Cable will use his technopathy to disable Vader and Grevious's life support and Maul's legs, causing Vader and Grevious to die and Maul to be immobile. Then Cable and Psylocke will restrain Maul's arms telekinetically while Wolverine runs in for the kill. Monet will then grab the flag while Boba and Durge are still under an illusion.

#10 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: @Esquire: Alright Bumping This. I'm giving this till Wednesday and then it need to be wrapped up. Votes begin on Wednesday!

#11 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio

OOPS. I completely forgot about this one. I'll try to get on it sometime soon.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: @Fetts: Wednsday Night Guys im opening for Votes.

#13 Posted by Esquire (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to reiterate just how useful Cable's technopathy will be in this battle.

Boba Fett - Aside from his numerous explosives which could be detonated with TK or technopathy, his helmet can be messed with, and his jetpack can be used to smash him into walls and his teammates.

Darth Vader - He relies on his suit for life support. With it shut down, he won't survive long. Added to this, his limbs are all cybernetic, so they can be shut down independently.

Darth Maul (cyborg) - Cyborg legs can be shut down or used to move him places he doesn't want to go.

General Grievous - Grevious, like Vader, can be killed via life support shutdown. His entire body is cybernetic, so he can possibly be forced to attack his teammates.

Durge - He's the lest vulnerable, but his jetpack can still be used to turn him against his teammates.

#14 Posted by Vaeternus (9345 posts) - - Show Bio

So we have to vote for which user has posted better argument?

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: yes

#16 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. As of now starting my starting my strategy. So don't start voting until I'm done.

#17 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Esquire said:

@Fetts Opening Strategy:

Monet will head up and arc over the battlefield, working to provide air superiority. Emma will cast an illusion over your team, making them think they're being lectured by Darth Sidious. Maul and Vader may be able to resist thanks to their force powers, but the other three have no such advantage. Cable, Psylocke, and Wolverine will run across the battlefield towards your team. Cable will use his technopathy to disable Vader and Grevious's life support and Maul's legs, causing Vader and Grevious to die and Maul to be immobile. Then Cable and Psylocke will restrain Maul's arms telekinetically while Wolverine runs in for the kill. Monet will then grab the flag while Boba and Durge are still under an illusion.

Alrighy then. 
 
The very first thing Vader will do is elevate the ground beneath Cable's and Psylocke's feet. 
Because of this, Cable won't be able to concentrate on using his technopathy and neither Cable or Psylocke would be able to concentrate on using telepathy and telekinesis. Cable isn't using his technopathy first thing in your strategy, so my team is all set there. I was hoping that you wouldn't use his technopathy as the very first part of your strategy. Otherwise we'd be having a pretty large debate over who has the faster draw. So I'm glad we have that settled. 
 
Then there's Emma's illusion. Vader will use the snow on the ground to punch her in the face, ending her concentration on her telepathy, and thus ending the illusion. Note that Vader will do this immediately after Cable and Psylocke are punched by the ground. 
This will be then followed by a constant pouring of an avalanche. I lost the scan, but I know Silver has it. I'm just going to steal from him, though I take no credit for the following scans. 
This will force Cable and Psylocke to constantly using telekinesis against the snow in order to prevent their team from being buried. This should also prevent any telepathic, technopathic, or telekinetic attack on my team. While Emma might be distracted for only a couple seconds, it'll buy us enough time.
 
I'd also like to point out that Vader can switch between Force powers at an impressive speed. 
Here, considering all the blaster bolts, Vader would probably have had less than a second to drop the telekinetic force field and use Force push.
 
At the same time Vader is forcing an avalanche on them, Boba will whip out his mini-concussion rocket launcher and fire at that general direction.  
    

Then he will toss his sniper to Durge, and fly at full speed towards Monet. Now Monet does indeed have Boba outclassed in almost every aspect. However, Boba does have one trump card. His sonic detonator. He will charge towards Monet in flight with his sonic detonator activated. 
This should be enough to incapacitate her. Since she's virtually invulnerable, Boba will take a stunt dart agent and stab it in her ear or down her throat. 
  
Meanwhile the mini-concussion rocket will be on it's way towards your team. I'd estimate it'd take 2-5 seconds to reach your team. Monet is incapacitated, Emma is distracted from using telepathy at the moment. Cable and Psylocke are occupied. You only have one guy who's free to do something about that: Wolverine. Either he tanks it, or your entire team is down, with just Wolverine left to deal with my team. So, assuming he take one for the team, Wolverine is also down. Another distraction that will prevent Emma from using telepathy. Not only is an explosion is loud, big, and spectacular, but she'd also feel at least some concern for Wolverine. 
 
While this phenomenal explosion is going off, Durge will use Boba's sniper to take Emma out. He's a very good shot. The guy sees everything in slow motion. 
 I think the following video should give you a pretty good idea on how slow he sees things. 
  
Skip to 1:42. Here, Durge, who's on a speeding speeder, turns around, whips out a blaster pistol (which doesn't have the best of sights), and snipes a clone trooper multiple times practically instantly. 
 
So with the aid of Boba's sniper, 
Can zoom in on Starkiller on a falling Star Destroyer. Take note that a person is quite miniscule compared to a Star Destroyer.
Durge should be able to snipe Emma Frost and take her out pretty quickly. From there, Boba will fly to the flag, grab it, fly up, and drop his sonic detonator down. This will incapacitate Cable and Psylocke, causing the avalanche to bury them. 
 
We win. 
#18 Posted by Esquire (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

Alrighy then. The very first thing Vader will do is elevate the ground beneath Cable's and Psylocke's feet. Because of this, Cable won't be able to concentrate on using his technopathy and neither Cable or Psylocke would be able to concentrate on using telepathy and telekinesis. Cable isn't using his technopathy first thing in your strategy, so my team is all set there. I was hoping that you wouldn't use his technopathy as the very first part of your strategy. Otherwise we'd be having a pretty large debate over who has the faster draw. So I'm glad we have that settled. Then there's Emma's illusion. Vader will use the snow on the ground to punch her in the face, ending her concentration on her telepathy, and thus ending the illusion. Note that Vader will do this immediately after Cable and Psylocke are punched by the ground. This will be then followed by a constant pouring of an avalanche. I lost the scan, but I know Silver has it. I'm just going to steal from him, though I take no credit for the following scans. This will force Cable and Psylocke to constantly using telekinesis against the snow in order to prevent their team from being buried. This should also prevent any telepathic, technopathic, or telekinetic attack on my team. While Emma might be distracted for only a couple seconds, it'll buy us enough time. I'd also like to point out that Vader can switch between Force powers at an impressive speed.

Okay, so here's the problem with your strategy. As soon as Vader starts messing around with the ground, Psylocke does this:

So my team is now airborne, free of both Vader's attempts at distraction and attacks via throwing pieces of the ground. This allows Emma to cast her illusion unhindered and Cable to employ his Technopathy. Wolverine can also be fastball special-ed effectively from this position, once they get within range of your characters. Once technopathy is employed, your team has little chance of survival. Vader will be the first to go down, followed by Grevious, and then Maul's legs will be disabled and Wolverine will be launched at him. Wolvie has the speed, skill, and Murmamasa blade necessary to take down an immobile Maul, and Psylocke can help him with her TK by restraining Maul's arms.

At the same time Vader is forcing an avalanche on them, Boba will whip out his mini-concussion rocket launcher and fire at that general direction. Then he will toss his sniper to Durge, and fly at full speed towards Monet. Now Monet does indeed have Boba outclassed in almost every aspect. However, Boba does have one trump card. His sonic detonator. He will charge towards Monet in flight with his sonic detonator activated. This should be enough to incapacitate her. Since she's virtually invulnerable, Boba will take a stunt dart agent and stab it in her ear or down her throat.

Boba should be incapacitated by Emma's illusion, but even if he's not it won't matter. First of all, Monet flies at Mach 1 in this tourney, which is over 1000 feet per second. So by the time Boba launches his rocket and tosses Durge the rifle, M will be right on top of him. She's fast enough to get some good shots in and strong enough to do some damage, especially to his equipment like his jetpack. But even if he does get airborne, it won't matter. Like you said, she can tank most of his weapons. However, she also has TP. So when he goes for his sonic detonator, she'll know it's coming. And again, she can fly at Mach 1, or the speed of sound. So the sonic wave can't catch up to her. In the scan it doesn't look to have a blast radius of more than about 10 feet, so once he's used it she can be on him again in an instant. Add to this Cable's technopathy and Psylocke's TK, and it's bad news for Boba.

Meanwhile the mini-concussion rocket will be on it's way towards your team. I'd estimate it'd take 2-5 seconds to reach your team. Monet is incapacitated, Emma is distracted from using telepathy at the moment. Cable and Psylocke are occupied. You only have one guy who's free to do something about that: Wolverine. Either he tanks it, or your entire team is down, with just Wolverine left to deal with my team. So, assuming he take one for the team, Wolverine is also down. Another distraction that will prevent Emma from using telepathy. Not only is an explosion is loud, big, and spectacular, but she'd also feel at least some concern for Wolverine.

None of this really matters since my team won't be there anymore, but thanks to my perk I have automatic lasers that would shoot the rocket down, anyway.

While this phenomenal explosion is going off, Durge will use Boba's sniper to take Emma out. He's a very good shot. The guy sees everything in slow motion. Durge should be able to snipe Emma Frost and take her out pretty quickly. From there, Boba will fly to the flag, grab it, fly up, and drop his sonic detonator down. This will incapacitate Cable and Psylocke, causing the avalanche to bury them. We win.

Emma's illusion will still be intact, so Durge won't be shooting at all, and even if he was Psylocke could move Emma or Wolverine or Monet could tank the shot for her. Plus, in the event that Emma is unable to keep her illusion up, she'll go Diamond Form for protection, since she's more useful with superhuman strength and durability if she can't use her TP.

So in conclusion, Psylocke is able to counteract your distractions, which allows Cable's technopathy to dominate most of your team members. Add to this Monet's blitz and Emma's illusion, plus Wolverine for good measure, and my team has this in spades.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: Wow its been awhile I nearly forgot. Are you 2 done yet?

#20 Posted by Esquire (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Fetts: Wow its been awhile I nearly forgot. Are you 2 done yet?

I suppose I'm ready for voting, if Fetts is.

#21 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Esquire said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Fetts: @Esquire Wow its been awhile I nearly forgot. Are you 2 done yet?

I suppose I'm ready for voting, if Fetts is.

Eh. I'll try to make a counter by Monday. If I haven't by then, you can start the voting.
#22 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Esquire said:

@Fetts said:

Alrighy then. The very first thing Vader will do is elevate the ground beneath Cable's and Psylocke's feet. Because of this, Cable won't be able to concentrate on using his technopathy and neither Cable or Psylocke would be able to concentrate on using telepathy and telekinesis. Cable isn't using his technopathy first thing in your strategy, so my team is all set there. I was hoping that you wouldn't use his technopathy as the very first part of your strategy. Otherwise we'd be having a pretty large debate over who has the faster draw. So I'm glad we have that settled. Then there's Emma's illusion. Vader will use the snow on the ground to punch her in the face, ending her concentration on her telepathy, and thus ending the illusion. Note that Vader will do this immediately after Cable and Psylocke are punched by the ground. This will be then followed by a constant pouring of an avalanche. I lost the scan, but I know Silver has it. I'm just going to steal from him, though I take no credit for the following scans. This will force Cable and Psylocke to constantly using telekinesis against the snow in order to prevent their team from being buried. This should also prevent any telepathic, technopathic, or telekinetic attack on my team. While Emma might be distracted for only a couple seconds, it'll buy us enough time. I'd also like to point out that Vader can switch between Force powers at an impressive speed.

Okay, so here's the problem with your strategy. As soon as Vader starts messing around with the ground, Psylocke does this:

So my team is now airborne, free of both Vader's attempts at distraction and attacks via throwing pieces of the ground. This allows Emma to cast her illusion unhindered and Cable to employ his Technopathy. Wolverine can also be fastball special-ed effectively from this position, once they get within range of your characters. Once technopathy is employed, your team has little chance of survival. Vader will be the first to go down, followed by Grevious, and then Maul's legs will be disabled and Wolverine will be launched at him. Wolvie has the speed, skill, and Murmamasa blade necessary to take down an immobile Maul, and Psylocke can help him with her TK by restraining Maul's arms.

 Firstly, I sincerely doubt that she'll be prepared for that. It's going to be pretty sudden and unexpected. Secondly, even if she was prepared and she did manage to do that, Vader could just elevate the ground even further to knock her down. Thirdly, Vader could just just grab her and Cable and slam them into the ground, with the rest of the team falling down as well. Or he could elevate the ground even higher. Or he could use Force Choke on Psylocke and Cable. Both possibilities would cause the rest of the team to fall down flat on their faces as well, which would even give Boba even more time to get a shot off with the mini-concussion rocket. And then after all that, Vader will proceed to use the snow against them.

At the same time Vader is forcing an avalanche on them, Boba will whip out his mini-concussion rocket launcher and fire at that general direction. Then he will toss his sniper to Durge, and fly at full speed towards Monet. Now Monet does indeed have Boba outclassed in almost every aspect. However, Boba does have one trump card. His sonic detonator. He will charge towards Monet in flight with his sonic detonator activated. This should be enough to incapacitate her. Since she's virtually invulnerable, Boba will take a stunt dart agent and stab it in her ear or down her throat.

Boba should be incapacitated by Emma's illusion, but even if he's not it won't matter. First of all, Monet flies at Mach 1 in this tourney, which is over 1000 feet per second. So by the time Boba launches his rocket and tosses Durge the rifle, M will be right on top of him. She's fast enough to get some good shots in and strong enough to do some damage, especially to his equipment like his jetpack. But even if he does get airborne, it won't matter. Like you said, she can tank most of his weapons. However, she also has TP. So when he goes for his sonic detonator, she'll know it's coming. And again, she can fly at Mach 1, or the speed of sound. So the sonic wave can't catch up to her. In the scan it doesn't look to have a blast radius of more than about 10 feet, so once he's used it she can be on him again in an instant. Add to this Cable's technopathy and Psylocke's TK, and it's bad news for Boba.

Ah. I completely forgot about how fast we're allowed to travel in this tourney. I guess that changes things. Fortunately for me, I still have Maul. As I explained to Sherlock, with the limits Cadence has put on telepathy, illusions shouldn't work effectively on Force Sensitives. So while Vader is busy with Psylocke, Cable, and Emma Frost, Darth Maul can stop her telekinetically and snap her neck (possibly). He has done it before in Dath Maul: Death Sentence #1. My scanner is being rather stupid as of now but I'll  to post the scan later if I ever remember to do so. And I think we can both agree that Maul would have time to do it. Fortunately for me, we start off a great distance away. So Maul should have enough time to react before he gets speedblitz'd. And you even say that Boba would have enough time to fire the mini-concussion rocket and toss a sniper rifle to Durge. If he can do that before getting speedblitz'd, Maul should be able to use telekinesis in time. 
 

Meanwhile the mini-concussion rocket will be on it's way towards your team. I'd estimate it'd take 2-5 seconds to reach your team. Monet is incapacitated, Emma is distracted from using telepathy at the moment. Cable and Psylocke are occupied. You only have one guy who's free to do something about that: Wolverine. Either he tanks it, or your entire team is down, with just Wolverine left to deal with my team. So, assuming he take one for the team, Wolverine is also down. Another distraction that will prevent Emma from using telepathy. Not only is an explosion is loud, big, and spectacular, but she'd also feel at least some concern for Wolverine.

None of this really matters since my team won't be there anymore, but thanks to my perk I have automatic lasers that would shoot the rocket down, anyway.


No they aren't. Vader has multiple ways of keeping your team where they are. As for the turrets, fair enough. Though while the missile may not get a direct hit, that explosion should still effect your team pretty nicely. 

While this phenomenal explosion is going off, Durge will use Boba's sniper to take Emma out. He's a very good shot. The guy sees everything in slow motion. Durge should be able to snipe Emma Frost and take her out pretty quickly. From there, Boba will fly to the flag, grab it, fly up, and drop his sonic detonator down. This will incapacitate Cable and Psylocke, causing the avalanche to bury them. We win.

Emma's illusion will still be intact, so Durge won't be shooting at all, and even if he was Psylocke could move Emma or Wolverine or Monet could tank the shot for her. Plus, in the event that Emma is unable to keep her illusion up, she'll go Diamond Form for protection, since she's more useful with superhuman strength and durability if she can't use her TP.

So in conclusion, Psylocke is able to counteract your distractions, which allows Cable's technopathy to dominate most of your team members. Add to this Monet's blitz and Emma's illusion, plus Wolverine for good measure, and my team has this in spades.

No it's not still intact. The explosion has either a)distracted her and ended her concentration and furthermore ending the illusion or b)killed her, KO'd her, or otherwise knocked her off her feet, all of which would also cause the illusion to cease. Psylocke is too busy getting choked, smacked by the ground, or using her TK an attempt to counter the snow that's attacking them. Monet is staying right where Maul has telekinetically grabbed her or either that, dead. Wolverine is either KO'd by tanking the explosion or flat on his ass groaning. Mind you Durge is pretty much sniping while the explosion is going off. So there's absolutely no way anybody is going to save her before she gets sniped. The only possibility she has is if she already has her diamond form up before the explosion has occurred. But you know what, that doesn't matter.  
 
By now, Boba is already flying straight toward the flag with his sonic detonator activated. While Emma is distracted, knocked on her ass, KO'd, or dead, Boba can send a couple more explosives to delay the illusion even further. Plus there's Durge whose sniping her in the face (even though it may or may not kill her depending on what form she is in). Even if she somehow gets the illusion back up, Psylocke and Cable are too occupied to do anything to save her, Wolverine is down, and we have Monet either captured or killed. If Boba needs to adjust his course, Vader can guide him telepathically. If the turrets and the fence aren't already down, Boba can simply tank the lasers and still fly toward the flag just fine. 
 
In the first scan, Boba practically tanks a missile. Mind you he did indeed got knocked down flat on his ass. But the explosion didn't send him far if not, at all. Nor did he receive any broken bones. In the last scans, Boba is tanking blaster bolts like nothing. 

Nothing is stopping Boba from getting there. 
 
From there, Boba will fly to the flag, grab it, fly up, and drop his sonic detonator down.
 
We Win :) 
#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

OPEN for VOTES!!!!!

Votes if ya can :)

#24 Posted by nickzambuto (12656 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

OPEN for VOTES!!!!!

Votes if ya can :)

#25 Posted by YoungJustice (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all always get my username wrong. Anywho, I vote Esquire.

#26 Posted by Sherlock (7187 posts) - - Show Bio

This TBH should not be over yet.If i were still here Fetts and i would have had 6 or 7 books written by now.

Going by what we have i give it to Fetts

BTW i said it before and i say it again you has better win this one.

As a side note i find it very amusing that we always seem to be paired up in these fights.Next team up tourney we are teaming up!No more of this Fetts Vs Sherlock BS

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

1 to 1 !!!

#28 Posted by Esquire (3824 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, totally forgot about this one. I think my team could win in a fight, but if I could vote I'd give it to Fetts here. I could rebut or counter many of his points, but I, well, didn't. So in the event of a tie, I think he should move on.

#29 Posted by Fetts (4329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock: Agreed. I think it probably would have been longer had we not been occupied by other tourneys as well. 
 
Agreed on that as well. The two of us need to kick arse together. :) 
#30 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Winner Fetts