The Zerg swarm vs. The flood

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BoringPerson

@diredrill: Correction, a single Carrier can glass a planet. It would just take a day or two. Tassadar's expeditionary fleet glass planet's in hours with six carriers and the Gantrithor. All of whom are supposed to be heavily inferior in every way to an average mothership.

I will cede that taking down the Xel'Naga would probably be easier than taking down the Forerunners or Ancient Humans. They were extremely peaceful. The Protoss spread across galaxies just observing and silently protecting fledgling intelligence the same way the Xel'Naga used to.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Hold on, why would they wipe out a galaxy and then remake it exactly the way it was? You are going to need to provide some context for that feat because it sounds like the height of dumb.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: I'm being generous here, best to lowball yourself so that they can't do it.

I'd give a focused Zerg odds on taking out the Forerunners though the Xel'Naga are probably an easier target if only because they were pacifists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Hold on, why would they wipe out a galaxy and then remake it exactly the way it was? <-- because the flood was winning the war, which is why i said the zerg armor didnt matter, they could infect anything and everything, land, mass, dead hosts, anything. the flood was wiping galaxies and when they came to this galaxy, they found a opponent who was very advanced in tech and weapons. The forerunners fought for 300 years and they were losing cause they were too busy playing morals with each other were trying to figure out ways to stop the infection for good rather than o you know blow it up and such.

feats for flood

infecting ships and the insides of covenant vassals

flood infecting land based stuff.

There is also infected forms, and true forms of the flood, i'd show them, but honestly that's quite a bit of space.

Quotes about the flood.

A hundred thousand years ago, a great civilization existed in this Universe. Like all great civilizations, they faced a sudden and dire turn of events. A threat to their primacy from outside. Something they never expected, never prepared for, a deeply alien threat they called simply The Flood.

^Cortana: Halo Legends - Origins

It devoured everything it touched. At first, their technology, their courage seemed like it might prevail. But they waited too long to see the threat, to join the fight. The Flood had spread too far and too wide."

^Cortana on the Forerunner-Flood war: Halo Legends - Origins

"Following the 300 years of devastating warfare between the Flood and the Forerunners, the highest levels and tiers of the Forerunner Fleet Command began to realize that Forerunner species extinction was plausible at the Flood's discretion as so many Forerunners had fallen victim to the Flood. As the spread of the Flood continued, planetary self-bombardment after Flood infestation turned into complete system-wide destruction by detonating planetary system stars after a large Flood presence was detected in a Forerunner system. Forerunner military forces were ordered to don heavy armor and other personnel were ordered into protective stasis. Flood were taken into M-type Forerunner installations and studied in an effort to find yet another countermeasure."

^ source is ----> Bestiarum ( Bestiarum )

One single Flood spore can destroy a species.

^ Rtas 'Vadum source Halo 3

It fed on intelligent life and in doing so, became ever more intelligent itself. The Flood was unique, it used their very strength against them.

^ Cortana on the Forerunner-Flood War.

The only way to stop the Flood is to starve them to death.

^ Cortana to John 117 and 343 Guilty Spark. ( halo 1 )

In general the flood can infect anyone and anything. The only way to stop them ( if there isnt too many ) is to either starve urselves or wipe yourself out and rid them of the flood supply, both of which i dont see the zerg doing. Considering if both factions are at their prime/peak. "You are going to need to provide some context for that feat because it sounds like the height of dumb." <--- which is why i hate arguing with people with halo vs starcraft. You dont even know what the flood are, and yet here you are making judgements like this and even more so ----> "Masterchief's Level 2 Powersuit doesn't even compare to a lowly Marine's Powersuit which on that scale would have to be like a 5 or 6." which is so incorrect its not even funny, anyway also the zerg can be killed with just normal weapons anyway such as this right here

"The settlers had distributed their stockpile of homegrown weapons, small projectile launchers, pulse pistols, and rarely used hunting guns. Some of them gripped farm implements—large scythes and sharpended weeding tools. A farmer with tough muscles could use them as effectively as any warrior used a spear."

^ tells us weapons the civilians had access to.

The colonists' first shots rang out, many of them going wild because the weapons were poorly aimed. But because of the sheer number of alien scouts, most of the shots struck something.The other scout aliens stampeded over their fallen companions, either ripping them to shreds with razor-limbs or ignoring them in their death throes. It looked like an unending wave of hideous death.

^ describeding in the past/pervious use of ranged weaponry killing Zerglings.

"Octavia felt despair overwhelm her terror. What chance did they possibly have? She had brought a pellet blaster from home, which she fired again and again. At first she took a grim pride in watching the creatures she slaughtered, but then there was no time even to pay attention."

^ another example of killing zerglings with what is likely civilian weapon.

"Kiernan and Kirsten Warner—he a young stonemason, she a teacher and amateur engineer—fought side by side with the granite-chopping implements Kiernan used in his work. He swung the long tool from one side to the other, hacking sharp limbs off the creatures, splitting their thick leathery hides, and leaving a pile of twitching, mindless alien bodies around him. Kirsten fought just as hard, as if trying to keep up with the number of victims Kiernan scattered on the ground."

^ here we have two civilians with likely no combat experience with improvised weapons that weren designed for combat kill multiple Zerglings.

Anyway this is from one of the SC novels known as "Shadow of the Xel'Naga" ShadowXel'naga Nov Cover1

another video of a zerg getting stabbed by a human blade... http://youtu.be/nWg86x0mmGo?t=2h39m37s and assumed killed..

o and ofc being one shotted basically by some advance tech... mhhh http://youtu.be/T5wAGvWPLSw?t=28m33s now granted this is from the game, however we all know the ending of sc2 and how that "artifact" owned the zerg.

and here you are thinking you are "lowballing" your side, please dont even, if anything your lowballing the flood, whom at least had taken another galaxy before hand, and then moved into "ours" ( aka haloverse ) and yet your zerg are doing this "http://youtu.be/7m3XN56erCE?t=8m57s" taking worlds and sectors at max. While the flood is busy waging a galactic war, that was waged way longer than the zerg could ever hope for.

Anyway feats of the Xel'Naga besides starcraft 2 wings of liberty??

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Eisenfauste

@diredrill: Thanks for the text vomit ;), alright I'll try to break some of this down, man you really gave me a job didn't you :P

@eisenfauste: Once a Zergling goes "offline" the entire Swarm would know. Then a Baneling comes rolling in and boom, infected Zergling is dead. Infecting a hive-linked race in secret is next to impossible. If any of their units are infected, they'll know and they will kill that foe with extreme prejudice. Zerglings also never "return to the ship" they are purpose bred to fulfill an objective. Once that objective is fulfilled, they go on to another objective they never return home unless in retreat and since the Flood have no means of countering Mutalisks and Guardians or Banelings, the Zerg will likely never be in retreat. How fast do Flood Spores take to mature? If it is longer than it takes a Zergling to turn into a Baneling then you'll never infect one.

I didn't say a spore was an end all I saw it as a possible scenario, maturation is fast, as in really fast in Halo 3 you see a spore get in a soldier and it automatically turns into a combat flood, also in the novels once several marines were jumped (Halo 1) they were also quickly turned into a flood form. Remember that the flood morph the body into whatever shape they desire in a very short amount of time. If a human gets turned into a killing machine that can almost bust MC's shields in one hit, which tanks plasma, AOE missile attacks, bullets etc. etc. that shows how powerful a human flood form is. Now imagine how uglier it gets when you have a zergling with all of its fangs, speed, and deadliness gets turned into a flood form? Also I highly doubt a baneling is going to blast corrosive acid all over the interior of a ship to end a flood form. Its also debatable if a higher mind is going to categorize a zergling going "offfline" considering many die all the time and go "offline" when they die, I am positive it happens on their ships. A queen possibly could detect a foreign concsiousness in the multitude of others but that is a debate for another day.

The Flood's typical strategies will be useless here. The Zerg have no remorse in sacrificing themselves or killing one another. Forerunners, Humans, Covenant all have "human nature" making them weak. The Zerg cannot fall prey to that. They know instantly which creatures are Zerg and which are Flood there will be no ambiguity. The Flood succeed because they live in the grey area of morality. The Zerg have no morality. The second a Zerg is infected, they will Quarantine that member and destroy them.

The flood also don't have a problem sacrificing themselves as we also see in Halo 3 when they flew a covenant cruiser into the ground just to get some flood spores to infect the populace. A ridiculous amount of flood forms died in that initial crash I assure you, yet some survived to begin infecting the planet. Also Forerunners, human, and covenant don't have human nature affecting the flood. There was only one instance where there was a dual personality that allowed the human a semblance of control over the flood. Even then he was still a threat to those around him. Flood have NO morality at all, that is why they wiped out millions of planets and species, which is coincidentally why the forerunners busted rings and wiped out all life in the galaxy. Also if zerg are on a planet and get infected there will be no such thing as quarantine and it is inevitable that more zerg will be mutated into something much more dangerous than themselves, and the zerg have no way to stop it or bust the planet to kill them all.

Zerglings were evolved from essentially wild animals. They are no more sentient than a dog. Unless you can show the Flood infecting a dog then I don't see how any of the Zerg would be in danger. They'd need to supplant the organ that the Zerg installed that grants them control.

The flood did indeed infect a dog, and to boot actually raised its intelligence, this was btw also before the flood became actually were fully manifested, they first started out as a mutant gene that slowly changed the dogs, made them more intelligent, and also changed humans. Also the flood does the thinking, it is its own unit your brain could be blasted to pieces yet the flood can still control you quite easily. The head of a human or covenant is never used as an object for the flood to perceive its environment it grows sensory stalks, so it is quite conceivable that the flood could easily dominate a zergling

As you can see here, the soldiers head is to one side entirely, not being used, and the flood as formed its own sensory unit.

No Caption Provided

At no point have the Zerg been "beaten back" they've successfully held every planet they ever conquered. It took a Deus Ex Machina to get them off Shakuras. The Zerg have never been beaten, they have only been complacent. Everything that happened during the Starcraft 1 was pre-ordained by the Overmind up until Tassadar sacrificed himself so that Zeratul could use his dark energy to kill him. But even that served the Overmind because it allowed Kerrigan to come to power and she is the only one who could take on the Hybrids. Any "loss" they suffered was designed to complete a higher objective.

Colony World Bhekar Rho comes to mind where the Zerg have lost, they aren't unbeatable in the slightest, they're numbers make them dangerous as well as versatility but no where near infallible.

So far the Forerunners are no impressing me much. There is a mission in Starcraft II that takes place on a Xel'Naga Worldship. It features not only a full Protoss Base but also has enough space for a full Terran base. Most maps, that don't take place indoors, are meant to be spread out over the size of a major metropolitan area. Your 30km ship would fit inside a Worldship. Hard Light and Plasma are such low tech weapons that the Protoss use them. Protoss Motherships can glass entire planets.

Really? A worldship the size of a major metropolitan area? Lol yeah the Forerunners also have ships that are Dreadnought Class which I apparently failed to tell you. Also in Halo 3 you know the covenant high command called High Charity? Yeah its a floating moon that doubles as a ship of war and is powered by a powerful ship A.I.

As you can see its size here, it may be too small to read but it is 348 km in diameter it really is a small moon, Worldships are still smaller than this, and it is but one ship they possess of thousands of them.

No Caption Provided

Worldships can glass planets? Nice yeah it only took several forerunner cruisers to bust a 10,000km ring in several shots. And Foretress ships (30km) have more powerful batteries on them than cruisers do which by themselves could glass a planet, I don't see what you are getting at here. A 30km ship could glass a planet which is more impressive than a Worldship being the only ship the X'el Naga have that could glass a planet, hmmmmm yeah I'll go with forerunner on this one thanks. Hard-light and plasma are not low weapons in the slightest, what are you trying to lowball and for what reason. Forerunner weapons have consistently shown to destroy material on the sub atomic level and also have organism selected blasts that can kill a certain type of organism that it chooses, so yeah still more impressive than X'el Naga here.

We never see any of the Xel'Naga's weapons but if we take a look at the Xel'Naga Temple on Shakuras we find that even their power plants can wipe specific races off of an entire planet. See, the Temple was nothing more than an energy collector like a Solar Power Plant. It is likely that it was a fuel depot for their Worldships. The Protoss retrofitted a powerplant into a powerful weapon. Now considering that, how powerful do you think their weapons would actually be?

Yawn the Forerunners were to busy wiping out all life in the galaxy with several rings to deal with weaksauce planetary level weapons. I don't see how this impressive in the slightest. You are also using ABC logic with planetary lvl weapon means uber powerful X'el Naga weapons, you kind of are reaching here with that one. Forerunners are Solar System busters, as well as wiping out all life in the galaxy and have feats to support them, so far X'el naga have shown a weapon that can wipe out life on a planet, don't see how its impressive at all here.

Level 10 Power Suits! ZOMG! Masterchief's Level 2 Powersuit doesn't even compare to a lowly Marine's Powersuit which on that scale would have to be like a 5 or 6. If Marines are half as strong as Forerunners are and Protoss' suits are stronger than Marines then Protoss' suits are nearly as powerful as Forerunners. Forerunners don't sound like they could take the Zerg either. A Terran Ghost with one of the bigger nukes can take down half a continent so I don't see how War Sphinxes are impressive.

Uh Master Chiefs powersuit is indeed above a marines powersuit, considering Hydralisk spikes were able to easily penetrate it, these same spikes had difficulty penetrating thin steel on a ratty tractor driven by a 15 year old girl. While Master Chief tanks plasma, explosives casually I don't see how Marine power suits compare at all, unless you somehow have some very impressive feats to pull out of your sleeve. Also show me Marine powersuits tanks 50mm cannon fire without the controller being killed, Chiefs sure did and his shields only drained to half. A marine power suit is nowhere near a class 5 combat skin at all, it, as far as I have seen, is way less durable than Chiefs which is childs play for the forerunners. I also would have you know that they're combat skins go up to 12 nothing the X'el Naga have could easily get through that until you start using starcraft against them. Protoss suits couldn't even tank 30mm bullets, while Master Chiefs lvl 2 took 50mm cannon fire, and his suit is a lvl 2, so no a protoss suit is not even close to a Forerunner lvl 10 combat skin at all. So far X'el Naga are not impressive at all.

A bigger Nuke? Lol show me some scaling on this nuke, which is fired from a base or fighter aircraft or naval ship and is not a ground unit, we are only talking about ground units here. A war sphinx could level a continent, and the protoss, zerg, or terran do not have a ground unit even close to that power at all. A nuke launched from the sidelines doesn't count, because by that token a Forerunner ship, from the sidelines, could just bust the planet that they are on handily.

Protoss can construct entire massive starships in moments and teleport objects anywhere they have a psionic field.

I need proof that they can construct ships in moments, I am also aware that they can teleport.

Protoss < Xel'naga. You have yet to show me anything that Protoss couldn't beat. You mean the Forerunners are so stupid that rather than building 1 massive shield generator they built a trillion of smaller ones? That isn't a feat of intelligence, that is a feat of stupidity.

Actually I have shown quite a bit that puts the Forerunners far above the X'el Naga, 1 feat being that they destroyed all life in a galaxy and then re-seeded it. You're right they could have just built a brick of a generator to power the entire planet. Oh wait they opted for the more intelligent idea which was to create a planet made out of trillions of intelligent drones, that can interlink to to perform complex tasks. Unlike the X'el naga that form a cold brick of a generator and then build defenses to protect it the forerunners made the generator the defense for the inhabitants. Why would they build a generator when they can build trillions of drones who have the offensive and defensive abilites to bust fleets? So far the only ones showing a lack of intelligence here are the X'el Naga whom thought it was a good idea to build a single generator instead of offensively capable killing machines that as a whole are the generator, does that make sense at all?

They must not understand how shields work then. See the bigger your shield generator, the more power it can accept the stronger the shield becomes. By building multiple small shield generators, they actually weakened the shield potential of their world by alot. This is why smaller ships have less shields than larger ships. Bigger Power Plant = More Power = More Shields. This tells me 1 of 2 things; either the Forerunners are dumb or they couldn't figure out how to build a shield generator of the right size for their planet which means they are still dumb.

No I am quite sure they understand how shields work considering they made "shield" worlds which were meant to protect everyone from the galaxy destroying blast of the rings. They did not weaken the planet at all, they created a versatile yet incredibly powerful defensive shield that has the ability to stave off planet busting attacks as if someone were sneezing. Mind you several covenant blasts were needed to break apart 40 interlocked drones. These same blasts have the ability to turn cities into slag. Now with that in mind imagine how much damage trillions of drones would be able to tank. You like to go off on that brick power plant tangent of yours for some reason. They can build large or small shields at their whim, like combat skins for example, starship generators(medium sized power plant), or world protecting interlinked shields which have shown to be much more powerful than anything the X'el Naga have at all and you haven't shown me otherwise.

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that the forerunners did not need a cold dead generator when they could build offensive machines to defend their planet, instead of a generator that needs additional safeguards and machines/organisms to protect it, so yeah seems they are a two birds with one stone type of smart to me, apparently it went past you though :P.

That Dyson Sphere is their one actually impressive feat but when you consider that the Xel'naga seeded the entire Milky Way Galaxy with life it gets a little bit less impressive.

At least you admit something of the Forerunners have been shown to be far superior than X'el Naga. The Forerunners played God and destroyed all life in the galaxy and then re-seeded it so yes it still is much more impressive than the X'el Naga.

The Xel'naga seeded an entire galaxy with life, they created multiple potential threats that we never ever see but were trying to duplicate the means by which they came into existence. We don't know what type of life was created on the thousands of planets that they seeded. We only get to see how their machinations effected a single sector. They just chose the Protoss because they somewhat resembled them already. When that failed they moved on to the Zerg. Only they failed there. I say failed but again, that went according to Amon's plan which influenced the Overmind's plan.

Like I said so did the Forerunners, and to boot they created multiple advanced species, which is more to say than the X'el Naga which we have only see the protoss that are impressive in terms of tech. I don't know where you were going on that last point.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Thanks for the text vomit ;), alright I'll try to break some of this down, man you really gave me a job didn't you :P

@eisenfauste: Once a Zergling goes "offline" the entire Swarm would know. Then a Baneling comes rolling in and boom, infected Zergling is dead. Infecting a hive-linked race in secret is next to impossible. If any of their units are infected, they'll know and they will kill that foe with extreme prejudice. Zerglings also never "return to the ship" they are purpose bred to fulfill an objective. Once that objective is fulfilled, they go on to another objective they never return home unless in retreat and since the Flood have no means of countering Mutalisks and Guardians or Banelings, the Zerg will likely never be in retreat. How fast do Flood Spores take to mature? If it is longer than it takes a Zergling to turn into a Baneling then you'll never infect one.

I didn't say a spore was an end all I saw it as a possible scenario, maturation is fast, as in really fast in Halo 3 you see a spore get in a soldier and it automatically turns into a combat flood, also in the novels once several marines were jumped (Halo 1) they were also quickly turned into a flood form. Remember that the flood morph the body into whatever shape they desire in a very short amount of time. If a human gets turned into a killing machine that can almost bust MC's shields in one hit, which tanks plasma, AOE missile attacks, bullets etc. etc. that shows how powerful a human flood form is. Now imagine how uglier it gets when you have a zergling with all of its fangs, speed, and deadliness gets turned into a flood form? Also I highly doubt a baneling is going to blast corrosive acid all over the interior of a ship to end a flood form. Its also debatable if a higher mind is going to categorize a zergling going "offfline" considering many die all the time and go "offline" when they die, I am positive it happens on their ships. A queen possibly could detect a foreign concsiousness in the multitude of others but that is a debate for another day.

The Flood's typical strategies will be useless here. The Zerg have no remorse in sacrificing themselves or killing one another. Forerunners, Humans, Covenant all have "human nature" making them weak. The Zerg cannot fall prey to that. They know instantly which creatures are Zerg and which are Flood there will be no ambiguity. The Flood succeed because they live in the grey area of morality. The Zerg have no morality. The second a Zerg is infected, they will Quarantine that member and destroy them.

The flood also don't have a problem sacrificing themselves as we also see in Halo 3 when they flew a covenant cruiser into the ground just to get some flood spores to infect the populace. A ridiculous amount of flood forms died in that initial crash I assure you, yet some survived to begin infecting the planet. Also Forerunners, human, and covenant don't have human nature affecting the flood. There was only one instance where there was a dual personality that allowed the human a semblance of control over the flood. Even then he was still a threat to those around him. Flood have NO morality at all, that is why they wiped out millions of planets and species, which is coincidentally why the forerunners busted rings and wiped out all life in the galaxy. Also if zerg are on a planet and get infected there will be no such thing as quarantine and it is inevitable that more zerg will be mutated into something much more dangerous than themselves, and the zerg have no way to stop it or bust the planet to kill them all.

Zerglings were evolved from essentially wild animals. They are no more sentient than a dog. Unless you can show the Flood infecting a dog then I don't see how any of the Zerg would be in danger. They'd need to supplant the organ that the Zerg installed that grants them control.

The flood did indeed infect a dog, and to boot actually raised its intelligence, this was btw also before the flood became actually were fully manifested, they first started out as a mutant gene that slowly changed the dogs, made them more intelligent, and also changed humans. Also the flood does the thinking, it is its own unit your brain could be blasted to pieces yet the flood can still control you quite easily. The head of a human or covenant is never used as an object for the flood to perceive its environment it grows sensory stalks, so it is quite conceivable that the flood could easily dominate a zergling

As you can see here, the soldiers head is to one side entirely, not being used, and the flood as formed its own sensory unit.

No Caption Provided

At no point have the Zerg been "beaten back" they've successfully held every planet they ever conquered. It took a Deus Ex Machina to get them off Shakuras. The Zerg have never been beaten, they have only been complacent. Everything that happened during the Starcraft 1 was pre-ordained by the Overmind up until Tassadar sacrificed himself so that Zeratul could use his dark energy to kill him. But even that served the Overmind because it allowed Kerrigan to come to power and she is the only one who could take on the Hybrids. Any "loss" they suffered was designed to complete a higher objective.

Colony World Bhekar Rho comes to mind where the Zerg have lost, they aren't unbeatable in the slightest, they're numbers make them dangerous as well as versatility but no where near infallible.

So far the Forerunners are no impressing me much. There is a mission in Starcraft II that takes place on a Xel'Naga Worldship. It features not only a full Protoss Base but also has enough space for a full Terran base. Most maps, that don't take place indoors, are meant to be spread out over the size of a major metropolitan area. Your 30km ship would fit inside a Worldship. Hard Light and Plasma are such low tech weapons that the Protoss use them. Protoss Motherships can glass entire planets.

Really? A worldship the size of a major metropolitan area? Lol yeah the Forerunners also have ships that are Dreadnought Class which I apparently failed to tell you. Also in Halo 3 you know the covenant high command called High Charity? Yeah its a floating moon that doubles as a ship of war and is powered by a powerful ship A.I.

As you can see its size here, it may be too small to read but it is 348 km in diameter it really is a small moon, Worldships are still smaller than this, and it is but one ship they possess of thousands of them.

No Caption Provided

Worldships can glass planets? Nice yeah it only took several forerunner cruisers to bust a 10,000km ring in several shots. And Foretress ships (30km) have more powerful batteries on them than cruisers do which by themselves could glass a planet, I don't see what you are getting at here. A 30km ship could glass a planet which is more impressive than a Worldship being the only ship the X'el Naga have that could glass a planet, hmmmmm yeah I'll go with forerunner on this one thanks. Hard-light and plasma are not low weapons in the slightest, what are you trying to lowball and for what reason. Forerunner weapons have consistently shown to destroy material on the sub atomic level and also have organism selected blasts that can kill a certain type of organism that it chooses, so yeah still more impressive than X'el Naga here.

We never see any of the Xel'Naga's weapons but if we take a look at the Xel'Naga Temple on Shakuras we find that even their power plants can wipe specific races off of an entire planet. See, the Temple was nothing more than an energy collector like a Solar Power Plant. It is likely that it was a fuel depot for their Worldships. The Protoss retrofitted a powerplant into a powerful weapon. Now considering that, how powerful do you think their weapons would actually be?

Yawn the Forerunners were to busy wiping out all life in the galaxy with several rings to deal with weaksauce planetary level weapons. I don't see how this impressive in the slightest. You are also using ABC logic with planetary lvl weapon means uber powerful X'el Naga weapons, you kind of are reaching here with that one. Forerunners are Solar System busters, as well as wiping out all life in the galaxy and have feats to support them, so far X'el naga have shown a weapon that can wipe out life on a planet, don't see how its impressive at all here.

Level 10 Power Suits! ZOMG! Masterchief's Level 2 Powersuit doesn't even compare to a lowly Marine's Powersuit which on that scale would have to be like a 5 or 6. If Marines are half as strong as Forerunners are and Protoss' suits are stronger than Marines then Protoss' suits are nearly as powerful as Forerunners. Forerunners don't sound like they could take the Zerg either. A Terran Ghost with one of the bigger nukes can take down half a continent so I don't see how War Sphinxes are impressive.

Uh Master Chiefs powersuit is indeed above a marines powersuit, considering Hydralisk spikes were able to easily penetrate it, these same spikes had difficulty penetrating thin steel on a ratty tractor driven by a 15 year old girl. While Master Chief tanks plasma, explosives casually I don't see how Marine power suits compare at all, unless you somehow have some very impressive feats to pull out of your sleeve. Also show me Marine powersuits tanks 50mm cannon fire without the controller being killed, Chiefs sure did and his shields only drained to half. A marine power suit is nowhere near a class 5 combat skin at all, it, as far as I have seen, is way less durable than Chiefs which is childs play for the forerunners. I also would have you know that they're combat skins go up to 12 nothing the X'el Naga have could easily get through that until you start using starcraft against them. Protoss suits couldn't even tank 30mm bullets, while Master Chiefs lvl 2 took 50mm cannon fire, and his suit is a lvl 2, so no a protoss suit is not even close to a Forerunner lvl 10 combat skin at all. So far X'el Naga are not impressive at all.

A bigger Nuke? Lol show me some scaling on this nuke, which is fired from a base or fighter aircraft or naval ship and is not a ground unit, we are only talking about ground units here. A war sphinx could level a continent, and the protoss, zerg, or terran do not have a ground unit even close to that power at all. A nuke launched from the sidelines doesn't count, because by that token a Forerunner ship, from the sidelines, could just bust the planet that they are on handily.

Protoss can construct entire massive starships in moments and teleport objects anywhere they have a psionic field.

I need proof that they can construct ships in moments, I am also aware that they can teleport.

Protoss < Xel'naga. You have yet to show me anything that Protoss couldn't beat. You mean the Forerunners are so stupid that rather than building 1 massive shield generator they built a trillion of smaller ones? That isn't a feat of intelligence, that is a feat of stupidity.

Actually I have shown quite a bit that puts the Forerunners far above the X'el Naga, 1 feat being that they destroyed all life in a galaxy and then re-seeded it. You're right they could have just built a brick of a generator to power the entire planet. Oh wait they opted for the more intelligent idea which was to create a planet made out of trillions of intelligent drones, that can interlink to to perform complex tasks. Unlike the X'el naga that form a cold brick of a generator and then build defenses to protect it the forerunners made the generator the defense for the inhabitants. Why would they build a generator when they can build trillions of drones who have the offensive and defensive abilites to bust fleets? So far the only ones showing a lack of intelligence here are the X'el Naga whom thought it was a good idea to build a single generator instead of offensively capable killing machines that as a whole are the generator, does that make sense at all?

They must not understand how shields work then. See the bigger your shield generator, the more power it can accept the stronger the shield becomes. By building multiple small shield generators, they actually weakened the shield potential of their world by alot. This is why smaller ships have less shields than larger ships. Bigger Power Plant = More Power = More Shields. This tells me 1 of 2 things; either the Forerunners are dumb or they couldn't figure out how to build a shield generator of the right size for their planet which means they are still dumb.

No I am quite sure they understand how shields work considering they made "shield" worlds which were meant to protect everyone from the galaxy destroying blast of the rings. They did not weaken the planet at all, they created a versatile yet incredibly powerful defensive shield that has the ability to stave off planet busting attacks as if someone were sneezing. Mind you several covenant blasts were needed to break apart 40 interlocked drones. These same blasts have the ability to turn cities into slag. Now with that in mind imagine how much damage trillions of drones would be able to tank. You like to go off on that brick power plant tangent of yours for some reason. They can build large or small shields at their whim, like combat skins for example, starship generators(medium sized power plant), or world protecting interlinked shields which have shown to be much more powerful than anything the X'el Naga have at all and you haven't shown me otherwise.

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that the forerunners did not need a cold dead generator when they could build offensive machines to defend their planet, instead of a generator that needs additional safeguards and machines/organisms to protect it, so yeah seems they are a two birds with one stone type of smart to me, apparently it went past you though :P.

That Dyson Sphere is their one actually impressive feat but when you consider that the Xel'naga seeded the entire Milky Way Galaxy with life it gets a little bit less impressive.

At least you admit something of the Forerunners have been shown to be far superior than X'el Naga. The Forerunners played God and destroyed all life in the galaxy and then re-seeded it so yes it still is much more impressive than the X'el Naga.

The Xel'naga seeded an entire galaxy with life, they created multiple potential threats that we never ever see but were trying to duplicate the means by which they came into existence. We don't know what type of life was created on the thousands of planets that they seeded. We only get to see how their machinations effected a single sector. They just chose the Protoss because they somewhat resembled them already. When that failed they moved on to the Zerg. Only they failed there. I say failed but again, that went according to Amon's plan which influenced the Overmind's plan.

Like I said so did the Forerunners, and to boot they created multiple advanced species, which is more to say than the X'el Naga which we have only see the protoss that are impressive in terms of tech. I don't know where you were going on that last point.

I2edShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By I2edShift

Lets get something straight right now, The Flood forced one of the most powerful civilizations in fictional history -The Forerunners- to mass-suicide themselves and wipe there own galaxy clean of all life capable of sustaining The Flood. Go to Spacebattles.com and dig up the feats that The Forerunners have in technology, weaponry, and engineering. Some seriously ridiculous shit.

The Zerg Swarm is a big deal, but against a parasite that literally attaches itself to it's hosts nervous system and then uses that slain body as both a weapon and means of reproduction, combining it's intelligence into some super-intelligent Gravemind that functions similar to the Overmind or the Queen of Blades herself? Pffft. The more Zerg there are the more food for The Flood there is.

This is a stomp, just not an immediate one. The Zerg have no defense against The Flood at all besides heavy ranged bombardment. That is literally it, they are utterly screwed & defenseless besides. Even if you gave the Zerg a decade of preparation with unlimited resources they would still lose, it's the wrong type of enemy for them. You can't take a purely biological army and put them up against a foe that feeds on biological sentient creatures.

All this back & forth between The Forerunners & Xel'Naga is meaningless. This isn't some Halo wankfest. The technology the Forerunner civilization had built for themselves was nuts. Sustaining stars through either gravity manipulation or direct energy transfer, using the material from other dimensions as fuel for there spacecraft, traveling billions of times the speed of light, having there light warships armed with basically the Death Star's super-laser, infantry that makes the SPARTANs look like a cave-man, literally building entire planets by melting asteroid belts, constructing dyson spheres, and more.
Screw the Xel'Naga, there is very little in fictional history that stands a legitimate chance against The Forerunners without resorting to deity's and the like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i2edshift: he seems to think differently, the "The Forerunners & Xel'Naga is meaningless." <-- the reason for this is because the flood's greatest feat that we know is obviously basically beating the forerunners and thus we ( Eisenfauste and I ) are telling him that the forerunners as of now out beat the xel'naga, but DireDrill seems to think differently. hint "I'm being generous here, best to lowball yourself so that they can't do it."

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Detrolord

@eisenfauste said:

@diredrill: The X'el Naga are not superior to the Forerunners at all, their tech is way above X'el naga. Anyway I could find you a direct book source where regular blades are indeed slicing zerglings to pieces. The zerg have trouble conquering the terrans (low tech level) and protoss (higher but inferior to the forerunners). That is what makes the flood impressive is that they were to wipe out millions of planets that had millions or more of people on them, as well as the powerful forerunners defending the planets. The gravemind is easily equal to kerrigan in terms of intelligence, and is actually far more experienced and I would argue is much more strategic than she is. What the flood do is find creases and weaknesses in armor and insert themselves into them and then begin the process of transformation. The forerunners couldn't stop the tide, I don't see how the zerg could stop them either, all they need is to release small flood forms int othe horde and begin the process of changing them.

Well Xel Naga are superior to the Forerunners let me tell you why The Xel Nagas are Universal like the Precursors they are largely unknown they sped up evolution making new lifeforms to populate the universe. the only thing Xe'l Nagas are peace race they don't really make weapons of war i agree Forerunners have better tech when it comes to war. but in the other fields the Xel Nagas will prevail probably since the Xel Nagas are large unknown currently but having to travel Multiple Universes is already a large achievement. Also if i remember correctly Xel Nagas should be in Tier 0 of the Forerunners specially the Xel Nagas are adept in making new races to populate not in galactic level but universal level.

@killerwasp said:

@detrolord: There is a big difference between the human empire whom was on par and even winning against the forerunners and then your zerg. Heck even the forerunners found a cure basically, but they weren't willing to do it themselves, and ofc again if the flood were in their prime, the flood's numbers would destroy the zerg, they've already wiped out at least a galaxy before stretching into our galaxy.

Ok what cure if i remember correctly in the novel halo: cyptum they didn't found a cure they know theirs a cure even the forerunners tried to contain, quarantine and find a cure but failed, only using the halo. Ancient humans destroyed every evidence about the cure to the revenge after the 50 years siege on earth. their cure was the Promethean and the halo?

@i2edshift said:

Lets get something straight right now, The Flood forced one of the most powerful civilizations in fictional history -The Forerunners- to mass-suicide themselves and wipe there own galaxy clean of all life capable of sustaining The Flood. Go to Spacebattles.com and dig up the feats that The Forerunners have in technology, weaponry, and engineering. Some seriously ridiculous shit.

The Zerg Swarm is a big deal, but against a parasite that literally attaches itself to it's hosts nervous system and then uses that slain body as both a weapon and means of reproduction, combining it's intelligence into some super-intelligent Gravemind that functions similar to the Overmind or the Queen of Blades herself? Pffft. The more Zerg there are the more food for The Flood there is.

This is a stomp, just not an immediate one. The Zerg have no defense against The Flood at all besides heavy ranged bombardment. That is literally it, they are utterly screwed & defenseless besides. Even if you gave the Zerg a decade of preparation with unlimited resources they would still lose, it's the wrong type of enemy for them. You can't take a purely biological army and put them up against a foe that feeds on biological sentient creatures.

All this back & forth between The Forerunners & Xel'Naga is meaningless. This isn't some Halo wankfest. The technology the Forerunner civilization had built for themselves was nuts. Sustaining stars through either gravity manipulation or direct energy transfer, using the material from other dimensions as fuel for there spacecraft, traveling billions of times the speed of light, having there light warships armed with basically the Death Star's super-laser, infantry that makes the SPARTANs look like a cave-man, literally building entire planets by melting asteroid belts, constructing dyson spheres, and more.

Screw the Xel'Naga, there is very little in fictional history that stands a legitimate chance against The Forerunners without resorting to deity's and the like.

If i remember i said it in my old comment that Zergs can evolve depending on the genes they devour. They can develop a immunity from the flood in a given time remember they are a Biotech Civilization unlike Flood. Zerg will definitely find a immunity against the flood.

We already have a prof that a biological species can defeat the flood example the ancient humans in halo. Zergs with genetic manipulation will find a faster cure than the ancient humans

Xel'Naga are unknown man little are known about them the only thing we know that the populate worlds, a peace loving race(they don't build weapons man), making new races which accidentally made the zergs

Also if hear another comparing about the Xel'Naga and the Forerunners imma flip out. Xel'Naga are Pacifist not War-bred like the other races

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: the cure was the Prometheans ( the machine times anyway not ofc the caste/race ) in order to turn everyone mech basically, and thus they couldnt infect them that way. As i've stated up top the flood can get to its host no matter what stands in the way, they can infect anything and everything, but they need biomass to feed upon thus if they have no bio to feed on they will starve.

"We already have a prof that a biological species can defeat the flood example the ancient humans in halo. Zergs with genetic manipulation will find a faster cure than the ancient humans" <-- do not compare a race that was on par with the forerunners to the zerg... Sure the zerg are smart can be clever, and ofc rurthless, but the flood uses their strength against them, and as i said if this is the the flood in their prime then the flood would win with numbers. Its almost like tyranids vs zerg.

"Xel'Naga are unknown man little are known about them the only thing we know that the populate worlds, a peace loving race(they don't build weapons man), making new races which accidentally made the zergs" which is why we cant really use them as "being" superior to the forerunners due to the lack of feats and history they have and as i've stated up top as of now the forerunners from what they have achieved out beats that of the xel naga right now. Of course blizzard could write history of them creating galaxies and such, but that is unknown and uncertain until stated otherwise.

"Also if hear another comparing about the Xel'Naga and the Forerunners imma flip out. Xel'Naga are Pacifist not War-bred like the other races" <- and what u think the forerunners were? all warriors and no diplomacy? quite the opposite they didn't want war with the ancient human empire, but humanity had pushed them into war due to humanity thinking they were fit to run the galaxy rather than the forerunners.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why the halo's were formed in the first place...damn flood.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@eisenfauste said:

The Zerg have trouble with both of them, yes the zerg have stomped before, but the terrans have held back the tide as well as the protoss have held them back to, the zerg are not infallible.

I don't see how the Zerg has trouble when they stomped them. The Zerg has conquered the Terran homeworld twice and destroyed Aiur, and were on the verge of destroying Shakarus if not for the Xel'Naga temple that Artanis and Xeratul activated. The only reason the Zerg doesn't destroy both of them is because of the prime directive placed into them by Amon, which was to resurrect him. Once Kerrigan took over the swarm, she just didn't care to destroy either because she was busy evolving the swarm further for the upcoming war with Amon and the Hybrids.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is pretty awesome that there have been so many Star Craft threads lately that actually have intelligent debates.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BoringPerson

Honestly, the biggest difference between Flood and Zerg are how they started out. The Flood came into contact with high tech intelligent species with space travel and then were basically ignored until they became a worthy threat to galaxy spanning Forerunner/Ancient Human civilization.

Zerg were not so lucky, they basically had to force themselves to evolve space flight and get lucky in finding Leviathan just to get interstellar travel not made by Overmind based psionic wormhole transit.

Which they only resorted to because the benevolent Overmind realized that without assimilating powerful psionics they wouldn't be able to combat the coming Hybrids and the end of life.

The Flood had time and tech, the Zerg had a clock and the Protoss as their first opponents.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste said:

The Zerg have trouble with both of them, yes the zerg have stomped before, but the terrans have held back the tide as well as the protoss have held them back to, the zerg are not infallible.

I don't see how the Zerg has trouble when they stomped them. The Zerg has conquered the Terran homeworld twice and destroyed Aiur, and were on the verge of destroying Shakarus if not for the Xel'Naga temple that Artanis and Xeratul activated. The only reason the Zerg doesn't destroy both of them is because of the prime directive placed into them by Amon, which was to resurrect him. Once Kerrigan took over the swarm, she just didn't care to destroy either because she was busy evolving the swarm further for the upcoming war with Amon and the Hybrids.

This. The only way the Zerg have ever been held back (never really been defeated), is through plot induced wins where the Terrans/Protoss pull a magical super weapon out of their butts in a last stand battle.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BoringPerson

@tparks: Eh, they've also been glassed by the Protoss mid invasion two or three times.

Though honestly, I don't think the Flood would have much of a chance at surviving that either.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Eh, they've also been glassed by the Protoss mid invasion two or three times.

Though honestly, I don't think the Flood would have much of a chance at surviving that either.

Not really. The Protoss had to destroy all of the life on planets to try and contain small pockets of Zerg. Entire planets were just small groups of the Zerg Swarm. Wiping out the planets was not even enough to hold them at bay, and this was even before Kerrigan was the Queen of Blades and led the Zerg better then the Overmind ever did.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: @killerwasp: Did you really just reference the battle of Bhekar Ro?

You realize that those were not Zerglings, right? The Queen that was sent to invade that planet was using new creatures made from a common dog. They are even nicknamed Roverlisks by the Terrans. "The Zerg are causing more damage, men. Concentrate your fire and take out those...those roverlisks," a direct quote from Edmund Duke himself. These were not anywhere close to Zerglings. If they were, the Terrans would have said so because Zergling is a well known term among the Terran people. Zerglings have hard exoskeletons not leathery hides. Even with such weak stock to base her creatures, the Queen still managed to hold her own until the Xel'Naga temple released energy creatures that killed the Protoss and the Zerg forces. The Zerg did not lose to the Protoss or the Terrans here, they lost to the unexpected intervention by the Xel'Naga. It is ridiculous that you think that Bhekar Ro is anything other than PIS. Roverlisks, Xel'Naga energy creatures, and you think this is a good representation of the Zerg? Talk about lowballing.

You think I don't know the Flood? Everything you just described is EXACTLY how the Zerg function. Everything that the Flood have ever done is something the Zerg do. The difference is that the Zerg have fought a civil war, they know how to fight themselves. They will expect EVERYTHING the Flood throw at them. None of the Flood's strategies will work against the Zerg and since the Flood have never shown any tactical creativity, they will be limited in how they adapt to the Zerg. The Zerg won't bring in wounded allies or try to honor their dead or be unsure of who is with them. They have INSTANT Friend or Foe detection. None of the Flood's "I'm a dead body" or "I'm a fallen friend" crap will work on the Zerg. Show me the Flood using tactics that don't revolve around attrition and manipulating morals.

The Zerg have 2 means of countering their infection. The first is just a unit switch. An all Baneling ground force would be impervious to the Flood while being able to take Flood units with no problem. With air support from Mutalisks and Guardians, they stomp any Flood forces that would dare invade their planet. This is assuming that the Flood even get past the Corruptors and Devourers and Scourge that will be swarming their airspace. The second is adaptation, the Defiler already has a host of Microorganism living on its carapace that fight for supremacy. It uses these to attack. If the Zerg add these to all units, the low intelligence on the microorganisms will render them immune to the Flood while they prey on them. Good luck getting into a Zergling when it is crawling with highly evolved parasites looking to eat them. It will be like the Thunderdome.

See the Flood have 2 major weaknesses that the Zerg do not. The Zerg do not need to constantly consume to survive, they can survive and thrive in every environment. They are 100% self-sustaining, can the Flood say that? Nope, they have to continually consume in order to survive. “The only way to stop the Flood is to starve them to death.” The second problem is that they have to constantly consume INTELLIGENT life. As I said, only the Zerg higher ups have any more intellect than a dog so unless you have an actual feat of the Flood infecting lower life forms. They will be limited to only the higher Zerg which won't be on the battlefield.

I'll address the Xel'Naga/Forerunner issue later.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief and Zeratul come in and stomp them, because they're the biggest bad@$$es of their universes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief and Zeratul come in and stomp them, because they're the biggest bad@$$es of their universes.

^ LOL now tat i can settle for xD

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do hope you get on to the X'el Naga Forerunner issue, because honestly there isn't much to counter there the forerunner actually have better feats while the X'el Naga have, from what you have shown, planetary level extinction events LOL. And re-seeding the galaxy which is impressive but nothing the forerunners haven't done. I'll get a quick response up here tomorrow and address your points about the zerg. I'm about to go offline, fun debate so far mate.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: the cure was the Prometheans ( the machine times anyway not ofc the caste/race ) in order to turn everyone mech basically, and thus they couldnt infect them that way. As i've stated up top the flood can get to its host no matter what stands in the way, they can infect anything and everything, but they need biomass to feed upon thus if they have no bio to feed on they will starve.

"Xel'Naga are unknown man little are known about them the only thing we know that the populate worlds, a peace loving race(they don't build weapons man), making new races which accidentally made the zergs" which is why we cant really use them as "being" superior to the forerunners due to the lack of feats and history they have and as i've stated up top as of now the forerunners from what they have achieved out beats that of the xel naga right now. Of course blizzard could write history of them creating galaxies and such, but that is unknown and uncertain until stated otherwise.

"Also if hear another comparing about the Xel'Naga and the Forerunners imma flip out. Xel'Naga are Pacifist not War-bred like the other races" <- and what u think the forerunners were? all warriors and no diplomacy? quite the opposite they didn't want war with the ancient human empire, but humanity had pushed them into war due to humanity thinking they were fit to run the galaxy rather than the forerunners.

Yea i know Prometheans are living machines that suppose to combat the flood but failed since it was useless and the librarian doesnt like it. I'm still pretty sure the Zergs will find a cure to the flood or even resistance. If the OP said the flood and the zergs can't infect each other we don't really have to debate this.

I agree the Xel'Naga lacks of feat right now but it doesn't really make the forerunners technologically superior so ill skip with that.

Well let me correct myself Forerunners are a diplomatic race but they still do build weapons of mass destruction like the world powers today. Also humanity knows that the flood was the forerunners fault killing all the precursors because the forerunners doesnt want to give the mantle to the humans which the precursors want. Forerunners are an evil race that killed the precursors and help gave birth to the flood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill said:

@eisenfauste: @killerwasp: Did you really just reference the battle of Bhekar Ro? <--- yes im glad u saw that.

You realize that those were not Zerglings, right? The Queen that was sent to invade that planet was using new creatures made from a common dog. <--- the a swarm doesnt just use just new creatures, and the dominion had sent help the people who were defending that area in the first place. Regardless the flood unlike the zerg do not need improved upon or tested to get the job done. When they infect they simply are tougher stronger, and with a powerful gravemind controlling them they are essentially getting smarter. ( how fast they can transform hosts into them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekTLkVWfeAM) ( halo 1,2, and 3 also can prove how hard the flood can hit, jump, run, and ofc how much damage they can tank, and we have the forerunner-flood war also from halo legends,Halo: Cryptum, Halo: Primordium, and Halo: Silentium ( the forerunners trilogy for halo ).

Their biology In Halo Encyclopedia, it basically says when a creature is assimilated or mutated into becoming part of the Flood, ( meaning if they were infected from the spore and as soon as they are infected with the spore ) thee knowledge will be transferred directly to the Gravemind ( the leader ), and the remainder of its mind is destroyed. In addition,however its been said that each Gravemind also remembers and keeps the memories/ knowledge of previous Gravemind/s. ( if they have already died. ) The Gravemind in the Halo 3 instruction Manual. ( this applies because im arguing about the flood at their height of their power. )

It is ridiculous that you think that Bhekar Ro is anything other than PIS. <--- no its ridiculous that you treat the zerg as if they were superior in intelligence in every way compared to the flood, when the flood have not only fought two advanced races ( humans AND forerunners ) but also just about out smarted both, and had already taken over another galaxy at best, before had.WHILE the zerg can barely hold a war longer than a YEAR ( i think the great war IIRC )

, and you think this is a good representation of the Zerg? <--- Did i say it was a good representation of the zerg? No i didnt, i didnt say all zerg would suddenly be killed by a bunch of farmers, but regardless the zerg's even more basic creatures still get stopped where as ( i showed up top ) just how simple a flood spore can infect a host who is armored.

"Talk about lowballing." <--- lowballing? LOL please dont even start with that at all both me and eisen havent even begun on how much you've lowballed the whole haloverse..

You think I don't know the Flood? <--- yes or we wouldnt be having this debate....

The Zerg did not lose to the Protoss or the Terrans here, they lost to the unexpected intervention by the Xel'Naga. <--- funny sc proves that wrong... and for a fact we both know the terran and the protoss were not only in factions fighting each other, but we also know how much damage they both did unite ( parts of the races ) and destroyed their overlord.

"Everything you just described is EXACTLY how the Zerg function." <--- If you think so, either way the flood do it more effective.

"Everything that the Flood have ever done is something the Zerg do." <-- incorrect.

"The difference is that the Zerg have fought a civil war, they know how to fight themselves. " <-- Good cause the flood don't.

"They will expect EVERYTHING the Flood throw at them." <-- doubtful but okay.

"None of the Flood's strategies will work against the Zerg and since the Flood have never shown any tactical creativity, they will be limited in how they adapt to the Zerg. The Zerg won't bring in wounded allies or try to honor their dead or be unsure of who is with them." <-- sigh again lowballing the flood at its best, and what u mean bring back wounded allies? they infect during, and after a battle have you seriously not seen how the flood are? Well if you havent i have again linked a video above this.

"They have INSTANT Friend or Foe detection. None of the Flood's "I'm a dead body" or "I'm a fallen friend" crap will work on the Zerg. Show me the Flood using tactics that don't revolve around attrition and manipulating morals." <-- The flood isnt just about all sneak and no fight, they fight openly with an enemy or all quite like if they need to, the flood again i shall quote from Cortana “It fed on intelligent life and in doing so, became ever more intelligent itself. The Flood was unique, it used their very strength against them.

"Show me the Flood using tactics that don't revolve around attrition and manipulating morals." <--- Well again forerunner-flood war and human-flood war prove so, with advance tech ( better than your zerg and protoss ) had fought them across a galaxy for 300 years, as said before, but since you asked here some more "flood" species such as Key Mind where are found in Halo: Silentium (string 18 out of 39 i believe )

"Flood Evolution: KEY MINDS

IDENTIFICATION OF NEW categories of flood components and forms will be distributed upon confirmation.

Tentative conclusion: the Flood is mutating to form Graveminds of unprecedented size and complexity, incorporating many speices. Entire planetary ecosystems have apparently undergone conversion to what are being referred to as Key Minds.Evidence of the extraordinary strategic planning abilities of these Key Minds is rapidly increasing. They appear to be more than a match for any metarch-level ancilla, capable of assuming complete control of besieged sectors, and sending coverted battle fleets through unprecedented number of slipsace portals utilizing unfamiliar technology.This technology also appears to be capable of blocking delivery of our forces to battle fronts. Vessels showing signs of extreme reconciliation failure have been witnessed at the arrival points of major Forerunner portals.Perhaps most alarming, reports arrive each of reawakened Precursor artifacts, including orbital ribbons, star roads, planetary fortresses, and citadels. Combined defense forces are inadequate to investigate and confirm all instances of these reactivations.They appear to be galaxy-wide."

"The Zerg have 2 means of countering their infection. The first is just a unit switch. An all Baneling ground force would be impervious to the Flood while being able to take Flood units with no problem." Sure they will, considering they can stand up to these

and others can jump out of the way and attach to walls...

"With air support from Mutalisks and Guardians, they stomp any Flood forces that would dare invade their planet. " <-- depends on what the flood have infected, covenant and above = no they aint stomping anyting...

" This is assuming that the Flood even get past the Corruptors and Devourers and Scourge that will be swarming their airspace." flood's numbers are higher than zerg if they are in their prime ( which is what im arguing over so yes they are way higher than the zergs... )

"he second is adaptation, the Defiler already has a host of Microorganism living on its carapace that fight for supremacy." <-- countered... Flood Super Cell ( sources from The Art of Halo: Creating a Virtual World, page 48 Halo: Combat Evolved ( halo 1 ) Bestiarum Art of Halo 3, page 26 )

"It uses these to attack. If the Zerg add these to all units, the low intelligence on the microorganisms will render them immune to the Flood while they prey on them. " <-- stated above up top so no need to comment here i guess.

" Good luck getting into a Zergling when it is crawling with highly evolved parasites looking to eat them. It will be like the Thunderdome." flood dont need luck they have skills, sorry that you underestimate them so much and lack knowledge about them.

"The Zerg do not need to constantly consume to survive, they can survive and thrive in every environment." <-- so can the flood. in any environment that includes space. If that is the case, then why do they need creep? Anyway not necessary a weakness when 1 both are fighting in a galaxy, and 2 the zerg can't grow without creep so i dont see the extreme weakness there.

"Nope, they have to continually consume in order to survive. " do not assume they have to keep consuming day to day or even year to year basis to live... they dont die within a day if they fail to eat their cheerios.

" The second problem is that they have to constantly consume INTELLIGENT life." <--- what?!?! okay i wont even respond to that, that is a wow statement.

"As I said, only the Zerg higher ups have any more intellect than a dog so unless you have an actual feat of the Flood infecting lower life forms. They will be limited to only the higher Zerg which won't be on the battlefield." Well considering again the flood at their prime was out doing forerunners and the ancient human empire i'd say their brains are way more skilled than your zerg on.... Anyway heres imagines from halos that the basic flood unit can use weapons if need be and vehicles. ( WHICH the zerg do not...)

The flood as i said above and quoted have travelled in space and time, halo 2 shows the flood driving these

and

When have the zerg travelled outside their sector/s waged war?

When has the zerg ever shown ftl feats with space battles?

When has the zerg ever defeated another speices that spreads just like it does? ( if it say itself, then it means it loses itself so thus what does that mean? the flood can beat it...)

when has zerg ever fought a war lasting more than 10 years against a foe that was matching it in numbers, skills, tactics, and weapons ( weapons being better than theirs by a large margin ) and ofc with not a highly intelligent leader like kerrigan or the gravemind?

When has the zerg ever driven terran/protoss aircraft and used it to not only fire its weapons, but to also use ftl travel in space? When has the zerg ever withstood a galaxy bluster blast and lived to fight centuries later on?

Anyway instead of being high and mighty on the zerg and thinking both me and Eisenfauste are dead wrong, and are lowballing ( me as the comment references mostly towards ) let us give us some justification before making such "claims." I like the zerg, i enjoy the protoss, and love playing the terran, but i do not lowball a race, i simply point out its lowest units having trouble at baseline problems... Anyway zerg were always my favorite faction and i enjoy them the most, wish i had more of their novels and books and ofc wish they made more, but in the end. The flood is better due to feats. Now answer my questions before you respond to any of my stuff. write it out copy and paste it to the top, otherwise ill prolly not read it, due to me stating my sources and being told to, while you haven't listed one...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: "Yea i know Prometheans are living machines that suppose to combat the flood but failed since it was useless and the librarian doesnt like it. I'm still pretty sure the Zergs will find a cure to the flood or even resistance." not when it comes down to cells, then its just like the ork spores vs tyranid cells. It doesn't end, my point being the flood have the greater numbers, zerg USUALLY ( not always ) rely on numbers even if their plans are stealth like and sneaky.

"If the OP said the flood and the zergs can't infect each other we don't really have to debate this." <-- if that was the case i wouldnt even bother with this thread it'd be a joke and be in zerg's favor by a margin ( DEPENDING on which flood they use. )

"I agree the Xel'Naga lacks of feat right now but it doesn't really make the forerunners technologically superior so ill skip with that." <-- as of now it does actually, it matters until xel'naga have feats to state otherwise. Even if they explore multi-galaxies doesnt always = a win/better. Example necrons would prolly beat the xel'naga and they are limited right now in just 1 galaxy ( granted they could be in more ) but none has been stated about it.

"Well let me correct myself Forerunners are a diplomatic race but they still do build weapons of mass destruction like the world powers today. " <-- only like the protoss, in times of defending themsleves, with humans advancing ( i forgot to mention also do the flood advancing on them as well. ) they were forced into war rather than going around causing it. ( AS far as we the fans know. )

"Also humanity knows that the flood was the forerunners fault killing all the precursors because the forerunners doesnt want to give the mantle to the humans which the precursors want. Forerunners are an evil race that killed the precursors and help gave birth to the flood." they didnt give birth to it, the flood were in a different galaxy/s moving onto theirs, the precursors wanted the forerunners out, but that doesnt mean the forerunners were wanting to wipe them out ( which they didnt ) they waged a war because just like most races in fantasy, everyone feels humans were/are way to young and way to dumb to be holding "such" power. Considering the forerunners were also scientists willing to save,observe, study, etc. Anyway due to the forerunners nature it'd be assumed they were making weapons during both wars ( halos were made during the forerunner-flood war as a means ofc to end it ) everything, considering humanity ( only a guess ) didn't care for it.

All in all though good points, as i've said before though until the xel'naga have feats with their mighty weapons, we just dont have any idea. IF their as peaceful as u say, they shouldnt need them thus giving forerunners the edge if it came to war. ^^

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Detrolord

@killerwasp said:

@detrolord: "Yea i know Prometheans are living machines that suppose to combat the flood but failed since it was useless and the librarian doesnt like it. I'm still pretty sure the Zergs will find a cure to the flood or even resistance." not when it comes down to cells, then its just like the ork spores vs tyranid cells. It doesn't end, my point being the flood have the greater numbers, zerg USUALLY ( not always ) rely on numbers even if their plans are stealth like and sneaky.

"If the OP said the flood and the zergs can't infect each other we don't really have to debate this." <-- if that was the case i wouldnt even bother with this thread it'd be a joke and be in zerg's favor by a margin ( DEPENDING on which flood they use. )

"I agree the Xel'Naga lacks of feat right now but it doesn't really make the forerunners technologically superior so ill skip with that." <-- as of now it does actually, it matters until xel'naga have feats to state otherwise. Even if they explore multi-galaxies doesnt always = a win/better. Example necrons would prolly beat the xel'naga and they are limited right now in just 1 galaxy ( granted they could be in more ) but none has been stated about it.

"Well let me correct myself Forerunners are a diplomatic race but they still do build weapons of mass destruction like the world powers today. " <-- only like the protoss, in times of defending themsleves, with humans advancing ( i forgot to mention also do the flood advancing on them as well. ) they were forced into war rather than going around causing it. ( AS far as we the fans know. )

"Also humanity knows that the flood was the forerunners fault killing all the precursors because the forerunners doesnt want to give the mantle to the humans which the precursors want. Forerunners are an evil race that killed the precursors and help gave birth to the flood." they didnt give birth to it, the flood were in a different galaxy/s moving onto theirs, the precursors wanted the forerunners out, but that doesnt mean the forerunners were wanting to wipe them out ( which they didnt ) they waged a war because just like most races in fantasy, everyone feels humans were/are way to young and way to dumb to be holding "such" power. Considering the forerunners were also scientists willing to save,observe, study, etc. Anyway due to the forerunners nature it'd be assumed they were making weapons during both wars ( halos were made during the forerunner-flood war as a means ofc to end it ) everything, considering humanity ( only a guess ) didn't care for it.

All in all though good points, as i've said before though until the xel'naga have feats with their mighty weapons, we just dont have any idea. IF their as peaceful as u say, they shouldnt need them thus giving forerunners the edge if it came to war. ^^

XD man TY well i'll be observing for now

well im only complaining to the people who likes to vs Xel'naga and Forerunners its like unknown vs Empire of Mankind

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

The Xel'Naga are non-violent. The most they do is imprison things. They have imprisoned an Elderitch abomination, who has destroyed countless civilizations and races.

The energy powering his prison was enough to destroy the planet it was on.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Xel'Naga are non-violent. The most they do is imprison things. They have imprisoned an Elderitch abomination, who has destroyed countless civilizations and races.

The energy powering his prison was enough to destroy the planet it was on.

Hey what comics is this i haven't read it yet give me the tittle man TY

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord said:

@killerwasp said:

XD man TY well i'll be observing for now

well im only complaining to the people who likes to vs Xel'naga and Forerunners its like unknown vs Empire of Mankind

and you have every right to, but remember i myself never bring that topic up unless people like drill try to say otherwise. Then i bring it into play.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek This was the thread i was talking about if u choose to read and such.

Avatar image for lovethypsiblade
lovethypsiblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me begin by putting my bias out there I'm a big fan of both games, but have spent more time and love playing SC1 and 2. I've however played every Halo game, and used to lan Halo 1 back in the day.

I want to add, only things I believe were left out, for one the zerg don't just infect and mutate, they do actual gene manipulation they very knowingly create their strains of monsters. which leads me to believe if there is a method to inoculate or cure, (Which in the halo mythos there is, Sergeant Johnson is proof of that.) the zerg would have a massive advantage. Secondly, infection, the flood do not have the only course of infection far from it, the zerg often infect others. the next misconception is that the flood are superior because they can control technology, I submit to you Duran, an infested ghost, both capable of using psionic abilities, manipulate his weaponry armor and abilities articulate words and intelligent thought, an even go so far as hatch a plan that alienates two close friends, and high standing individuals. Lets look deeper into these infections, the flood from what I know of have one vector of transmission, spores enter the host mature and manipulate. The zerg have a host of methods, such as the queen whom has the ability to infect entire buildings! And the people inside, not just a single host. The zerg can go beyond this infestors not only can infect, but have mind control, that works on robots! I think when it comes down to who's biological warfare and more importantly ground war itself, the zerg come out on top. With light air support and abilities that maximize zerg potential, the ability to launch germs that then immediately burst into multiple hostile organisms, the ability to spew enzymes with a host of different properties, such as the red acidic verity or the slowing green kind.

Xel Vrs Forerunner

Both the flood and the zerg have overcome a big enemy in the past, through really unknown means, but in both cases it is described that they did so against an enemy unwilling to fight back, until it was far to late, so lets look at their more current enemies for context. I won't be adding the master chief to this list, as he is mostly armored much like an elite, and to my recollection a spartan 2's MIA status is never accounted for by a flood.

Covenant vrs. Protoss

Elite's in almost every way possible they are near exacts of protoss, shield tech, an assortment of close and ranged weaponry, both have cloaking tech although the protoss edge them out even their culture is similar. differences entail. Protoss have advanced Psionic capabilities, able to summon storms, cause hallucinations and drain both psionic and tech energy. While the covenant has lesser life forms, (Something I'd assume is a disadvantage in this fight.) The protoss have limited reincarnation, the ability to return a spirit to a dragoon, or stalker, close ranged teleportation, stasis fields, time manipulation, (Used, I won't be counting unused items.) in the form of time warps. and vortexes. The only real advantage the covenant have I can think of would be diversity, but the rigid cast system they employ limits what that would give them.

Humans vrs Humans

I believe here the largest difference is shown, the average halo marine uses simple gas powered rifles, light explosive munitions and limited body armor.. supported by tanks aircraft and a host of ground side vehicles. The Terran of starcraft marine is encased in a full mech suit, carries a much larger caliber weapon firing depleted uranium rounds. Multiple optics, combat drugs and a bulkshield depending on the generation. I'd say they line up well with the master chief's spartans. Both have a similar mental profile, however the marines from halo edge the ones from starcraft out, on grounds of not being conscripted criminals. Medic's can literally heal via beam, in SC. So that is the man to man. Lets look at the Support, tanks are tanks, both with similar workings, the primary advantages, the Scorpion has a forward mounted machine gun. While the Siege tank has valued indirect fire they mostly equal out. Wraith vrs Longsword, again both are incredibly similar missiles, and a machine gun for the longsword missiles and a beam for the wraith. the wraith, has it's ability to cloak, while the longsword is one of the few times, where it's payload is larger on the halo side. Capital ships, Well the battle cruisers have a host of different blaster weapons and the powerful forward yamato cannon. The halo cruisers tend to have a lighter array of weaponry, more acting transports then destroyers.the ability to carry personal fighters is an edge in one on one conflict.

Lets get back to the primary point however, the flood can control discovered or recovered technology, they however don't seem to have the ability to reproduce such works. This is a problem the zerg don't have to contend with able to spawn their ships, men and weapons without any progenitor. The gravemind is the head of the flood, while the zerg are secular there is a matriarch, but the overminds the broodmothers all work individually. Leaving a more hydra like existence instead of the floods snake like selves.

Advantage Zerg

The zerg just have so many more options, biological, physical, mental. Their mastery over selves, and others, the ability to not only infest others, but to rebuild themselves. their unlimited population growth potential just leaves them with many more tools to murder with then their flood counter parts whom are more defined by the enemies they meet.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Wut

Why was this even bumped? Whatever.

@lovethypsiblade: Flood can infest buildings. Flood can infest ships. Flood can infest planets. Yes, I said planets. The flood you see in Halo 1/2/3 are mere shadows of the Floods true power. If you want to see what the flood is truly capable of you have to read the Silentium. The Flood can corrupt AIs incredibly fast. They can drive organic species insane, by essentially, force feeding them knowledge. They are telepaths (How do you think the Gravemind controls the flood)? On that note, Graveminds are tiny. Key Minds which the Flood create later are planet sized Graveminds.

How do the Zerg stop the flood? They don't even have naval forces capable of planetary bombardment so 'containment' is nearly impossible.

This argument has been done so many times it is annoying. The only way the Zerg can win is if someone can explain how in the world the Zerg adapt to stop themselves from being infected. Short Answer: They can't. Zerg are organic species who can evolve but are confined to the restriction that is being an organic species which is something the Flood can take over and mutate at a genetic level.

Your point on the Xel are unfounded and unneeded. The Zerg could not defeat the Protoss when they first met the Protoss. They got lucky that the Protoss were too busy fighting each other to care about the Zerg. This is the entire plot to the Protoss campaign in SC1.

Forerunners are so far beyond Zerg that to compare the two would be a colossal mismatch that would burn my eyes for eternity.

Protoss should smash the Covenant. While I would say the Covenant are larger and have more ships, the Protoss have superior ships and troops. The only thing holding the Protoss back is a lack of numbers, but I would put my money on them.

Terrains should smash the UNSC. Don't see where you are going with this? Covenant smashed the UNSC as well. The UNSC had to outnumber Covenant ships 3 to 1 to even stand a chance. Most of the 'war' was UNSC trying to hold what little they have and keep intel on Earth and other vital worlds a secret so the Covenant couldn't come in and stomp them. The 'massive fleet' that attacked Reach was one of numerous fleets (think like 16-20ish). The tiny fleet that 'attacked' Earth didn't attack Earth. They didn't even know the UNSC was there. That fleet was an escort fleet for the Prophet.

Anyways, to recap, I understand you love Starcraft, but the Zerg cannot beat the Flood unless we gimp the flood and say they cannot leave the planet while the Zerg can get the crap out of dodge. Silentium Flood don't notice the Zerg when they step on them.

Also, it goes Forerunners > Starcraft (All of it) > Halo-Verse

lovethypsiblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lovethypsiblade

The answer to why the flood cannot infect the zerg is found in halo's own story, the second book I believe, in which Johnson is found to have cancer , which makes him immune to the floods infecting. If cancer is the only thing you need to survive the flood I believe such a thing is easily within the zergs ability to manipulate. The zerg indeed have methods if containing a planet as they've developed ranged weaponry, in the form of explosive spore canons. among a massive slew of other methods.

I did not compare zerg to the forerunners I briefly compared them to the Xel'naga then excluded them because in their very own story it is stated they resisted fighting the flood threat until it was to late.

And lastly I compared the threats to each other because showing their adversaries seems a topical point many where attempting to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: wrong grunts solo the Protoss with their big blue balls and their sex sounds XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Wut

@lovethypsiblade: That was retconned out. Cancer no longer stops the Flood.

Not really. The Imperial Guard go up against Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar, etc, but I would not say they could beat an opponent based on that. You use their feats, not their opponents feats which always come with attachments that are not always obvious to the casual onlooker.

@killerwasp:

Bad Killer, Bad!
Bad Killer, Bad!

lovethypsiblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut

How was it retconned out? Also if you use their feats not their opponents why is anyone talking about the forerunner?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Wut

@lovethypsiblade: I do not talk about the Forerunners when I speak of the Flood. I speak of the Flood. Sometimes, it is appropriate to use Forerunners as all of the Silentium Floods space units are Forerunner ships. Since this is peak Flood, this is Silentium Flood which use Forerunner ships, and yes, they do stomp the Zerg mercilessly.

They changed it from Johnson being immune thanks to a special defect from his time in Spartan 1 program to him just being badass and fighting his way out. I am not kidding.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Wut

@lovethypsiblade: From my memory, I believe it went:

Immune thanks to cancer from plasma grenades.

Retconned to immune thanks to a special nerve defect from Spartan Origin Program

Retconned to him never being infected and just fighting his way out

I think there might be something about the primordial now or some other nonsense about, 'no cure, but judgement' or something like that.

lovethypsiblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lovethypsiblade

@wut

Is there a source, I look for it and found people saying it was retconned but nothing explaining what retconned it

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_Infection_Form

Agrees with me, further more states the being needs calcium, to be a combat form, something zerg don't have, using the minerals for their structural and bone needs.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Wut

Wikia's are not an accepted source. I would like to see a direct source stating they need Calcium as part of what Infection Forms do is re-write the DNA of the target to suit its purpose.

For some reason, you think the flood are limited to combat forms or infection forms. They are not. This is Peak Flood. They already have bodies thanks to the Forerunners. But, I shall end this debate now.

Tentative conclusions: the Flood is mutating to form Graveminds of unprecedented size and complexity, incorporating many species. Entire planetary ecosystems have apparently undergone conversion to what are being referred to as Key Minds. Evidence of the extraordinary strategic planning abilities of these Key Minds is rapidly increasing . They appear to be more than a match for any metarch-level ancilla, capable of assuming complete control of besieged sectors, and sending converted battle fleets through unprecedented number of slipspace portals utilizing unfamiliar technology. This technology also appears to be capable of blocking delivery of our forces to battle fronts. Vessels showing signs of extreme reconciliation failure have been witnessed at the arrival points of major Forerunner portals. Perhaps most alarming, reports arrive each hour of reawakened Precursor artifacts, including orbital ribbons, star roads, planetary fortresses, and citadels. Combined defense forces are inadequate to investigate and confirm all instances of these reactivations. They appear to be galaxy-wide.

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (pp. 186-187). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

More on Star Roads which the Flood controlled:

As we watched , the star road slowly flexed, automatically adjusting to changing forces, all the way downstar to the last tiny, sun-skimming chunk of rock. And it was not alone. Many more star roads had been strung around the inner system, forming a great web— but with substantial gaps, deletions where automatic adjustments had not sufficed, where not even Precursor technology could correct the chaotic imbalances, and the web had crumbled. All the planets had once been connected, strung together. At opposition, some of the webs would have had to loop up and over the star, like swinging ropes in a child’s game. But these children played enormous games. The web was doubtless Precursor, far more impressive and possibly more ancient than anything seen in our galaxy. But just as dormant. Just as dead and abandoned.

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (p. 114). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

A basic description:

The debris of battle lay all around, ruins of human structures but also, visible through the haze and smoke as long slender streaks in the sky, the untouchable and perpetual star roads of the Precursors, placed there more than ten million years before. These gray , eternal whorls stretched to middle orbit, where their rotating bands drew constantly and silently from the neurophysical energy of raw space in ways we still do not understand. Life— achingly beautiful, impossibly difficult.

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (p. 40). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

What one can do with a Star Road:

We were overtaken by the vast weave of reawakened star roads, spinning and churning like serpents in a huge nest— the graceful and haunting structures of our deep past now made fell and horrifying. The tangle looped around Uthera, deftly avoiding intersecting the planet. Then, incredibly, the planet itself began to crack and shrink, as if squeezed by a huge fist. The resulting shift in our orbit thrust us farther into the mass. An entire planet was being destroyed— just to draw us closer. “This is the way Precursors moved stars,” Maker whispered.

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (p. 106). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

Yes. They crushed a planet with them. The Zerg have no way of destroying said Star Roads. You want something even more Hax then that? You got it.

I have watched nine star systems sliced to dust and glowing rubble by star roads— and they used to trace such pretty curves between our worlds.

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (p. 202). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

Destroyed nine star systems with them.

I could do more. I could do the Logic Plague. I could show you some Forerunner Ship Feats, but can we call this good here? Silentium Flood effortlessly stomp the Zerg. Peak Flood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> StarCraft.

Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the Flood reach a certain critical mass they craft webs of neural physics (technobabble!) that span multiple light years, are invulnerable to anything that does not directly affect the concept of sapience (i.e the Halo rings) and crush planets and stars at 0.33c. They also cause massive distortions in spacetime as per Silentium, to the point that slipspace access and forerunner technology simply ceased to function in their presence )presence being "in the same solar system") unlesss specially guarded against.

I don't see how the Zerg win this.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@lovethypsiblade: That was retconned out. Cancer no longer stops the Flood.

Not really. The Imperial Guard go up against Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar, etc, but I would not say they could beat an opponent based on that. You use their feats, not their opponents feats which always come with attachments that are not always obvious to the casual onlooker.

@killerwasp:

Bad Killer, Bad!
Bad Killer, Bad!

Johnson's immunity was not retconned out, but it's not as simple as cancer. It's some technobabble neurological defect.

However it doesn't prevent the Floods from pulling a Tyranid and just eating him and using his biomass for something else.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: They don't have to reach that point. OP stats peak flood which is when they already have that crazy stuff that makes no sense but totally works.

It was Retconned in the comic where it shows Johnson fighting through them. The closest one that got to him he caught in his hand.

In First Strike, they didn't retcon that but Halsey says it was a 'one in a billion' shot. So.... plot shield.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@tenebrous_guile: They don't have to reach that point. OP stats peak flood which is when they already have that crazy stuff that makes no sense but totally works.

It was Retconned in the comic where it shows Johnson fighting through them. The closest one that got to him he caught in his hand.

In First Strike, they didn't retcon that but Halsey says it was a 'one in a billion' shot. So.... plot shield.

If I remember my Neuroscience right (and I'm an entomologist, not a neurosurgeon) Johnson's disorder effectively means his nerves aren't connected to his body which should mean that technically he ought to be a vegetable.

I guess he just cigar chomps and token black guys his way through the laws of biology.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: I believe that is what it was in First Strike. His 'disorder' was an after effect of his time in the Spartan: Origin Project and even then Halsey says it was a one in a billion odds that it would have stopped the flood, so Johnson survived through plot shields!

Funny enough, I talked about that in one of these threads, that to make the zerg/nids immune to Flood you would have to design something without a nervous system but then the problem would be.. how in the world do you get it to move?

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@tenebrous_guile: I believe that is what it was in First Strike. His 'disorder' was an after effect of his time in the Spartan: Origin Project and even then Halsey says it was a one in a billion odds that it would have stopped the flood, so Johnson survived through plot shields!

Funny enough, I talked about that in one of these threads, that to make the zerg/nids immune to Flood you would have to design something without a nervous system but then the problem would be.. how in the world do you get it to move?

The Hunters are immune to the flood due to not having a central nervous system due to being a Kyuss wannabe worm that walks mish mash of worms (why they can't just infect the individual worms is beyond me). And it's also believed that Drones are similarly immune due to not having any calcium in their bones for an infection form to use. It does note that this doesn't stop the flood from brute force converting their biomass via the eat and reprocess method, just that infection forms won't be of use against them.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: I assume they can infect the individual worms, but I don't think it is worth it. Given time they probably could forcibly convert them, but it would be one of those 'lots of effort without a payout' things.

Believed? So no one knows why Drones can't be controlled for sure? Because, in all honestly, the calcium bit sounds incredibly dumb. How in the world does that stop something from re-writing something on a genetic level? At best, it would make it easy to pull off the Infection form as it has nothing to latch onto once it burrows in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Xd im just glad i don't have to argue with this guy about the flood, so sick and tired of arguing with people about them. Its simple Peak flood use/wield forerunner tech, they out did the forerunners in strategy, numbers, and tactics, they pushed the forerunners to the brink of mass suicide basically ( IIRC few shield worlds mite of allowed them to live ) and still the flood have came back. I'd give the zerg the win if this was the time period of the second flood invasion. ( the first one the humans and the covenant had a truce and fought the flood off ). Anyway ty for representing the flood i got quotes for the flood if need be, but whatever i think u nailed it good enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers