ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ripcurl

Dr Manhattan doesn't necessarily solo.

There aren't any telepaths in the Watchmen reality, at least not that I'm aware of.

AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By AzzaOJ

phoenix cannot do squat to the doctor

i hate the phrase "solo's" but he really does in this one...

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@AzzaOJ said:

First prove he is immune to telepathy, and you might have an argument. Otherwise, team X takes him down via telepathy.

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@ripcurl said:

Dr Manhattan doesn't necessarily solo.

There aren't any telepaths in the Watchmen reality, at least not that I'm aware of.

Not unless the new stuff adds them. Manhattan was really the only one with actual super powers.

AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AzzaOJ

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@AzzaOJ said:

First prove he is immune to telepathy, and you might have an argument. Otherwise, team X takes him down via telepathy.

he was able to restructure his body after ozy reduced it to atoms/smaller

i think at the very least it would be a stalemate, as jean is possibly the only mutant he couldnt instantly bolognese

possibly

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@AzzaOJ said:

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@AzzaOJ said:

i think at the very least it would be a stalemate, as jean is possibly the only mutant he couldnt instantly bolognese

possibly

Restructuring his body is a far cry from immunity to telepathy my friend. He can reform himself after the removal of his intrinsic field, that doesn't equate to being immune or even resistant to mental attacks.

AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By AzzaOJ

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@AzzaOJ said:

@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@AzzaOJ said:

possibly

Restructuring his body is a far cry from immunity to telepathy my friend. He can reform himself after the removal of his intrinsic field, that doesn't equate to being immune or even resistant to mental attacks.

well we have no evidence of his level of resistance to telepathic attacks, whether or not they would even matter against a being seemingly incapable of death. i am merely stipulating that imo jean would be the only real challenge, but again imo she wouldnt be

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@AzzaOJ said:

well we have no evidence of his level of resistance to telepathic attacks, whether or not they would even matter against a being seemingly incapable of death. i am merely stipulating that imo jean would be the only real challenge, but again imo she wouldnt be

Therein lies the key to his defeat in this thread -- the lack of evidence. As well, this battle isn't listed as "to the death", so death is not the only means of winning here.

I'll not fault your opinion, but without actual proof to back up the idea of some sort of resistance to telepathic attacks...well...Manhattan goes down to the telepaths.

Ah well, we can agree to disagree and move on.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Scarlet_Spyder said:

@AzzaOJ said:

Therein lies the key to his defeat in this thread -- the lack of evidence. As well, this battle isn't listed as "to the death", so death is not the only means of winning here.

I'll not fault your opinion, but without actual proof to back up the idea of some sort of resistance to telepathic attacks...well...Manhattan goes down to the telepaths.

Ah well, we can agree to disagree and move on.

This is why people should stop using Watchmen and Hancock in Battles...they have very little feats to substantiate a prolonged debate against many other characters.
Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@Shawnbaby said:

This is why people should stop using Watchmen and Hancock in Battles...they have very little feats to substantiate a prolonged debate against many other characters.

Yeah, there is the problem of lack of intel with the series.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By AngryHulks

Most of Watchmen will be killed in less than 3 seconds, Wolverine alone could do it in less than 1 minute.

Dr. Manhattan will be left, but since there is nothing about telepathy have ever been mentioned in Watchmen yet, so it's possible that he might not be immune to telepathy.

I'll say X-Men for now, probably with some casualties.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BMEZY

People act like Manhatten reconstituting himself and things make him superior in these battles. If you really think about it, it's really not that serious..Manhatten are similar to people like Iceman and X Man..They are able to reconstitute themselves because their minds/consciousness can act dependent of a body and therefore live on after the corporeal body is destroyed. A telepath/reality warper can easily destroy Manhatten's psyche or consciousness, effectively rendering brain-dead (which is why iceman is rarely put into fights with telepaths..shut down/mindrape/destroy his mind/consciousness and he can't reform). all organisms have some sort of consciousness may it be subconscious or anything else. for a specimen to illustrate any form of skill or ability or power... it all starts with the mind or the conscious the conscious is like the headquarters of the being, it transports the code to form decisions, follow orders, set goals etc.. this all takes some type of psionic energy, may it be physical, or physcological...TELEPATHS manipulate this very energy..Manhatten exhibits thought, does he not?? Even if he has resistance (which hasn't been shown, so it isn't fair to assume so) he sure doesn't have enough to not be overwhelmed by 3 omega psis: Emma, Phoenix (Jean), and Psylocke (heck jean as phoenix is the NEXUS of all psionic energy..shutting him down mentally should be child's play). Manhatten gets mindraped into oblivion here in less than a conscious thought!

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By _Black

A Doctor Manhattan battle that cannot truly be settled. Imagine that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#114  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Manhattan has a conscious mind and no enhanced thought/reaction speed. He doesn't need a physical brain for telepaths to defeat him. Emma solos, Betsy solos, Jean solos.

daxamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By daxamite

There's no need for any Pheonix on the X team cause they have enough power to defeat the watchmen. with Psylocke and Cloak alone can beat everyone of them Psylocke can manipulate their minds and cloak can teleport them else where, the rest of the team the beast alone can beat or cyclops optic blasts alone can wipe them out.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By ImmortalOne

While the telepaths can subdue them, Dr. Manhattan could vaporize them with a thought. Depends on who strikes first.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Emma Frost can. Isn't she one of the best telepathic mutants?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#118 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Emma Frost can. Isn't she one of the best telepathic mutants?

First, she's not the strongest telepath. Jean, X-Man (pre-depower), and arguably Professor X are above her.

Second, I later said that:

@jedixman said:

We have no reason to believe Manhattan is immune to telepathic assault. Manhattan isn't exactly fast, and so Emma could kill him before he kills her.

ReviloIsFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all goes down to an epic finale between Jean Grey and Dr Manhatten, whilst Wolverine is lying on the floor watching the confrontation, but the Doctor has that nitch for waving his hand and *poof*, so I think Watchmen will win this.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watchmen.. They got Manhattan who can turn a tank into a small cube with his mind

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Storm Calling

X-men win via Phoenix and Emma mindrape.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Stomp

Abnegazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheX-men should win here.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan blows up all the X-Men. The rest of the Watchmen are irrelevant. Although Dr. Manhattan "may" not have immunity to telepathy, he should easily be able to vaporize everyone with a wave of his hand. The X-Men die.

neon-scorpian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By neon-scorpian

Manhattan can't be mind controled and he will just explode everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@jedixman said:

Oh, and any one of those X-Men solo the Watchmen roster, excluding Manhattan.

What about the dude in the bottom left?

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Manhatten is prone to telepathic attacks, X-Men can pull a win. Otherwise, they are all vaporised.

brocktonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Manhatten is prone to telepathic attacks, X-Men can pull a win. Otherwise, they are all vaporised.

Lmao who is using Tp on Manhattan?

Thejdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan kills both teams solo without any problems