The X-Men Run the Gauntlet

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Angel, Bishop, Iceman, Jubilee, Psylocke, Cannonball, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Marrow, Shadowcat, Storm, Gambit, Jean Grey (No PF), and Wolverine
Angel, Bishop, Iceman, Jubilee, Psylocke, Cannonball, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Marrow, Shadowcat, Storm, Gambit, Jean Grey (No PF), and Wolverine

Conditions of All Fights

• They take place on Mount Diablo.
  • Members can die and the rest can continue, but the fallen will not be brought back after the round.
  • It is 12:00 PM and 56 degrees fahrenheit.
  • The rounds are continuous.
  • There is no prep time.
  • Everyone is Pre-AvX, including opponents.
  • Pre-New 52 DC Characters
  • Win By Death/K.O/BFR

The Rounds

1. The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Magneto, Mystique, Juggernaut, Emma Frost, and Sabertooth
  2. The Future Foundation - The Thing, Mister Fantastic, The Human Torch, The Invisible Woman, and She Hulk
  3. Injustice League - Count Vertigo, Deathstroke, Captain Cold, Poison Ivy, and Sinestro.
  4. The Avengers - Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Hank Pym
  5. The Not OP Justice League - Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Firestorm, Black Canary, Cyborg, and Donna Troy
proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They lose round 1 because no one is stopping juggernaut. If he wasn't there, they'd probably clearly do to jeans telepathy and their experience as a team.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They lose round 1 because no one is stopping juggernaut. If he wasn't there, they'd probably clearly do to jeans telepathy and their experience as a team.

Shouldn't their experience help them in being able to stop Juggs?

Stops at 3

Really? Any specific reason?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto is the big problem for round 1 but i still say they clear.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Stops at 3

Cold can stop all but Iceman, sinestro can counter TP, and vertigo can hancle iceman. Ivy and deathstroke can isolate them and handle a few weaker ones.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan said:

magneto is the big problem for round 1 but i still say they clear.

You think they will all clear as a team or will they lose some along the way?

@youngjustice said:

@highaccuser said:

Stops at 3

Cold can stop all but Iceman, sinestro can counter TP, and vertigo can hancle iceman. Ivy and deathstroke can isolate them and handle a few weaker ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Gambit be able to charge the ice so it will explode? The same question poses for Cyclop's optic blast, Bishop's energy blasts, Jubilee's fireworks, Storm's abilities, and Cannonball's propulsion.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Gambit be able to charge the ice so it will explode? The same question poses for Cyclop's optic blast, Bishop's energy blasts, Jubilee's fireworks, Storm's abilities, and Cannonball's propulsion.

Cold's ice is organic, and highly unimportant. It's just a side effect of him stealing the motion from atoms. Unless any of those things can make it through his absolute zero force field, all of those guy get frozen fast.

And no one can avoid cold's blasts. He's tagged flash and kid zoom.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at Injustice League

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They beat all other than the last 2.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could possibly clear. No one here is going to be able to put Iceman down.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: i assumed they would get to replenish there ranks along the way if not there is no way they make it.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They beat the 2 that's about it

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: you can't harm jugs. How can they stop him? BFR is the only way, and I'm not sure if any of them can do that or even if BFR is allowed.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@youngjustice said:

Cold's ice is organic, and highly unimportant. It's just a side effect of him stealing the motion from atoms. Unless any of those things can make it through his absolute zero force field, all of those guy get frozen fast.

I see, good points.

@dondave said:

Stop at Injustice League

Reasons? I assume CC?

They beat all other than the last 2.

Reasons?

They could possibly clear. No one here is going to be able to put Iceman down.

Do you think in the end Iceman would be the only one left?

@youngjustice: i assumed they would get to replenish there ranks along the way if not there is no way they make it.

No, did you read the battle conditions fully?

They beat the 2 that's about it

I'm assuming you are referring to the Future Foundation? Any reasons why?

@youngjustice: you can't harm jugs. How can they stop him? BFR is the only way, and I'm not sure if any of them can do that or even if BFR is allowed.

You should read the battle conditions fully.

Not to mention that Kitty, Psylocke, and Jean are more than capable.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice Captain Cold does help but the main reason is Sinestro. He could just remove the supply of oxygen to the Mutants causing them to pass out or just BFR them to the Anti-Matter universe.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Round 3. Sinestro and Cold ftw.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 is the biggest challenge. If they clear that, they clear.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman will go HAM. Don't under estimate Cyclops' blast. If he goes full on, he could be super dangerous. Then Storm? Whew

@youngjustice said:

Um Cyclops' energy blast will easily stop cold. He is a non-factor.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: lol my bad. Yeah they clear. No ones putting down iceman and Phoenix can easily BFR most opponents.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juiceboks  Moderator

@youngjustice: lol my bad. Yeah they clear. No ones putting down iceman and Phoenix can easily BFR most opponents.

Jean doesn't have access to the PF here. Just imagine her like she was in The Twelve I guess..

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shamo

Juggernaut AND mystique?. Stops at round 1 with a big showdown

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman will go HAM. Don't under estimate Cyclops' blast. If he goes full on, he could be super dangerous. Then Storm? Whew

@highaccuser said:

@youngjustice said:

Since when can cyclops hit through absolute zero? Or avoid blasts that flash can barely dodge? Hell even his lasers will slow down.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@highaccuser said:

@youngjustice said:

Since when can cyclops hit through absolute zero? Or avoid blasts that flash can barely dodge? Hell even his lasers will slow down.

Go ahead and show scans of energy not getting past his cold shield. Matter ≠ energy. Not only that but Cyclops is probably quicker on the draw than this guy. He may be a Flash villain, and I'm not trying to downgrade this, but he is still human. Nothing suggests he quicker on the draw than Cyc.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@highaccuser said:

@youngjustice said:

Go ahead and show scans of energy not getting past his cold shield. Matter ≠ energy. Not only that but Cyclops is probably quicker on the draw than this guy. He may be a Flash villain, and I'm not trying to downgrade this, but he is still human. Nothing suggests he quicker on the draw than Cyc.

Show me scans of his blasts moving through absolute zero.

Also, there's this. Cold has a comparable draw to cyclops.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just don't make storm mad, if she just say for get this, and goes all out...nobody has a chance but thor, probably hulk.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@highaccuser said:

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@highaccuser said:

@youngjustice said:

Show me scans of his blasts moving through absolute zero.

Also, there's this. Cold has a comparable draw to cyclops.

No he doesn't. So now I'm on you.

Captain Cold doesn't shoot Flash. He doesn't aim and then fire, like Cyclops. He has a cold-field that is emitting from him that then slows Flash down. He has various ways in which he slows Flash down in order to tag him. This isn't really a big deal and it has nothing to do with how quick he is on the draw.

Cyclops however, has hit speedsters before. Not that Cold is a speedster anyway.

And as for your little absolute zero stunt: Absolute zero doesn't stop light, or energies similar to light from moving. It's simply not how absolute zero works. Cyclops' can get through the shield and he will hit Cold.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: Colds field doesn't slow down flash unless he runs into it, the gun just slows down stuff around him. It still shows he has insane draw speed, plus wally is leagues faster than northstar and quicksilver, who cyclops has tagged(though northstar blitzed him easily once). @thetruebarryallen can you back me up here?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@highaccuser: I feel as if Iceman is going to counter Captain Cold in all honesty :3

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe stops at Sinestro, definitely at Thor and Hulk, ironically, can beat the last group. Luckily Juggs can be BFR'd or they'd stop at 1.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I feel as if Iceman is going to counter Captain Cold in all honesty :3

Agreed, but sinestro can counter cold before it gets to that.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I don't see them getting past 1

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers