Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Argantyr

No Caption Provided
:::Rules:::
:::Rules:::
1) Each have their standard equipment, anything small enough that they can carry on their person, and often do in any situation. i.e. Wrath has his utility belt which has a holster for a powerful scoped pistol, as well as a concealed knife, smoke bombs, Night Vision goggles and a single brick of plastic explosives. Hush has a pair of magnums and whatever else he carries with him [Scalpels maybe?] and I'll give him Night Vision goggles too just to be fair. Anyone may point out other forms of equipment he typically carries and I'll be happy to edit this.

2) This confrontation takes place in a mall parking garage at night.  The fight i illuminated mostly by overhead lamps. They start 60 feet away from one another.

Who wins?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By entropy_aegis

Maybe Wrath.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

The Wrath should win here.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime

Hush ftw imo..Hes wot Wrath is & then some...

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scarbearer

I think Hush is a much more interesting character than the Wrath, but I think Wrath is probably shown as being more dangerous in a straight up physical fight.

Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Argantyr
@scarbearer: I disagree, Hush to me seems like an overrated Night Nurse, but unlike her [A marvel character] he was tied to Batman and pushed. The Wrath (Elliot Caldwell) was very interesting and dangerous, but he was also young and a tad cocky which lead to his downfall [though I personally believe it was because he broke down emotionally upon realizing that Nightwing and Batman had something that he and his predecessor did not].

That and did I mention Hush has rolled off as a spoiled brat with an uninspired costume? Bandages? I rather liked the 'W' Purple motif of Wrath, though It's certainly got room for improvement. Victory goes to Wrath, he's better armed, and more deadly in combat. Hell he nonchalantly countered Bruce's every move, so far as identifying each style he used.

Edit: and yes, I just realized that I forgot I posted this thread and happened across it by chance. o_o
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis

Bump

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Chaos Prime said:
Hush ftw imo..Hes wot Wrath is & then some...
Wrath CURBSTOMP.@Scarbearer said:
I think Hush is a much more interesting character than the Wrath, but I think Wrath is probably shown as being more dangerous in a straight up physical fight.
Nah,Caldwell was much more interesting than an evil sue like Hush.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren

The Wrath, probably. But Hush is infinitely more interesting than Batman's evil twin.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wayne stated the original Wrath was his equal in skill, then stated the second was even better. 

The same doesn't hold true for Hush.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis
@CitizenBane said:
The Wrath, probably. But Hush is infinitely more interesting than Batman's evil twin.
How?He's just another stupid Jeph Loeb character,hell he was'nt even a character.Just a fancy costume which was worn by Dent,Todd and Clayface before Loeb decided to give us a TWEEEST (similar to TLH) and made it Tommy Elliot. 
Hush returns was crap while House of Hush was average,only Heart of Hush was decent.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Saren

Jeph Loeb wasn't always this bad. He was the guy behind The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Superman For All Seasons and Daredevil:Yellow. It was only later that he started dishing out horseshit like Rulk and Ultimatum.  

The Wrath's origin was too similar to Prometheus for me, because I read Prometheus first. Kid's parents get gunned down, kid swears Eternal Vengeance. His whole cop killing gimmick was just that, a gimmick. Hush, on the other hand, had a gigantic plan set in place, the means and intelligence to orchestrate and his motives and backstory were far more involving than Wrath's. And don't get me started on Caldwell and his stupid brainwashed-into-being-the-evil-Nightwing thing.  

I agree about Returns, House and Heart Of Hush though.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Dex_Starr

Wrath did much better against Bruce in direct combat then Hush did.  I give it to him. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis
@CitizenBane said:
Jeph Loeb wasn't always this bad. He was the guy behind The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Superman For All Seasons and Daredevil:Yellow. It was only later that he started dishing out horseshit like Rulk and Ultimatum.   The Wrath's origin was too similar to Prometheus for me, because I read Prometheus first. Kid's parents get gunned down, kid swears Eternal Vengeance. His whole cop killing gimmick was just that, a gimmick. Hush, on the other hand, had a gigantic plan set in place, the means and intelligence to orchestrate and his motives and backstory were far more involving than Wrath's. And don't get me started on Caldwell and his stupid brainwashed-into-being-the-evil-Nightwing thing.   I agree about Returns, House and Heart Of Hush though.
Prometheus was a little different,his parents were wealthy notorious criminals whereas Wraths parents were just some common struggling folk.Wrath swore vengeance upon Gordon and corruption whereas Prometheus swore vengeance upon the concept of good itself.Wrath was an assasin for hire whereas Prometheus was a hero hunter. 
Hush's plan was actually Riddlers plan which actually used years ago by Bane, backstory and motives? forgive me what backstory are you referring too?Loeb has a habit of using multiple villians in his stories who end up working for the real mastermind,it's cheap and OOC for many characters.Atleast Knightfall had the decency of showing us how Bane manipulated the villians,Loeb's on the other are just non sense. 
Wrath's modus operandi was uniquer than Loeb's 3 different Knightfall ripoffs.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:
Jeph Loeb wasn't always this bad. He was the guy behind The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Superman For All Seasons and Daredevil:Yellow. It was only later that he started dishing out horseshit like Rulk and Ultimatum.   The Wrath's origin was too similar to Prometheus for me, because I read Prometheus first. Kid's parents get gunned down, kid swears Eternal Vengeance. His whole cop killing gimmick was just that, a gimmick. Hush, on the other hand, had a gigantic plan set in place, the means and intelligence to orchestrate and his motives and backstory were far more involving than Wrath's. And don't get me started on Caldwell and his stupid brainwashed-into-being-the-evil-Nightwing thing.   I agree about Returns, House and Heart Of Hush though.
The Wrath was created 14 years before Prometheus, so, even though Prometheus resonates better with you due to reading the character frst, that cannot necessarily be held against him. 

Also, based on the OP, this is the second Wrath, not the first, in which case his origin is entirely different than that of Prometheus, or Wrath I.

That being said, I have only read one story with Hush, so I cannot accurately estimate the outcome.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

The Wrath was created 14 years before Prometheus, so, even though Prometheus resonates better with you due to reading the character frst, that cannot necessarily be held against him. 

Also, based on the OP, this is the second Wrath, not the first, in which case his origin is entirely different than that of Prometheus, or Wrath I.

That being said, I have only read one story with Hush, so I cannot accurately estimate the outcome.
He does'nt even have any h2h feats outside of his first encounter with Bat's written by Loeb,after that he's been owned by Damian and some random poachers.He was scared shit of Ra's. 

Edit:Catwoman tossed him out of her apartment.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis: Don't forget him beating up Talia. :P
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
Non canon HA,Hush returns has been mostly ignored.I just noticed,are you no longer a mod?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:
@Morpheus_ said:
Non canon HA,Hush returns has been mostly ignored.I just noticed,are you no longer a mod?
Is everything I read rendered non canon? LOL.

Yes, I haven't been a mod in a while.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Morpheus_ said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Morpheus_ said:
Is everything I read rendered non canon? LOL.

Yes, I haven't been a mod in a while.
Well i myself do not understand fully,Hush returns was just plain bad.Talia was never seen with Kobra agents later,Joker entire backstory was revealed,Poison Ivy's death was ignored.Prometheus as we both know was retconned in to Chad Graham,infact the only part that was acknowledged was Joker kicking Hush's ass at the end. 
So why did you stop being one?
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wrath stomps.