Avatar image for ancient_spirits_0f_evil
Ancient_Spirits_0f_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hee hee.. 
Superman, has no info about the Weeping Angellss.. Heh.. He has no idea or warning that they .. are .. after HIM! 

Clark Kent
Clark Kent
Haha... However... he does receive some hints.. written on a wall!! That has hisss name... 
Is Superman, smart enough to get the hint at the last moment before the Weeping Angels strike? 

Don't turn away for a moment....

.............Don't even blink........

No Caption Provided
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tron_bonne

What are Weeping Angels and where do they originate from?

Nexy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nexy21

When i saw the second angel i think i sharted...
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fragneto

They look like stone. Can't Superman just break these things with a touch? I think Superman will win this with relative ease.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By D3athstroke
@Fragneto said:
They look like stone. Can't Superman just break these things with a touch? I think Superman will win this with relative ease.
No
Nothing can harm them 
Only way to survive is bfr 
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fragneto
@D3athstroke said:
@Fragneto said:
NoNothing can harm them Only way to survive is bfr 
You mean win through bfr? Sure, He can pick up the statue and throw it into the sun.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By D3athstroke
@Fragneto said:

@D3athstroke said:

@Fragneto said:
You mean win through bfr?   
He can't win but he can survive some amount of time 

@Fragneto

said:

@D3athstroke said:

@Fragneto said:
Sure, He can pick up the statue and throw it into the sun.
That will not work
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fragneto
@D3athstroke said:
@Fragneto said:

@D3athstroke said:

@Fragneto said:
You mean win through bfr?   
He can't win but he can survive some amount of time 

@Fragneto

said:

@D3athstroke said:

@Fragneto said:
Sure, He can pick up the statue and throw it into the sun.
That will not work
Huh? I'm so confused.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By D3athstroke

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By difficlus

Sorry superman fans: weeping angels take this  
@Fragneto: they are quantum locked. if you look at them they turn into statues, you can't hurt the actual angel in this form. just destroy a simple statue. when one looks away they turn back into their true form. 

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tron_bonne
@better_than_you: Thanks. I think I should check out this Dr. Who thing out. So physical attacks have no effect on these Angels? How about if Superman flies?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By difficlus
@tron_bonne said:

Dr Who is awesome. start with the tennant days though those were the best.  
I can't remember if the Weeping angels can pseudo teleport or not. i don't think so though because once, the doctor reversed gravity in a room for him and others and they could only make it to the roof after they the gravity kinda switched back. 
Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Kastiel
@difficlus said:
@tron_bonne said:

Dr Who is awesome. start with the tennant days though those were the best.  I can't remember if the Weeping angels can pseudo teleport or not. i don't think so though because once, the doctor reversed gravity in a room for him and others and they could only make it to the roof after they the gravity kinda switched back. 
I recall the Eleventh Doctor saying they are extremely fast. I don't think the Doctor ever mentioned possible teleportation.
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fragneto
@D3athstroke said:

Freeze breath to double make sure that it doesn't move again!
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crackerjack82

Superman would shut his eyes, and listen for them, and while they are in there true form, he could kill them, but it would not be easy

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daak1212

So could he just spin into a giant tornado and BFR them?

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OFF-TOPIC  

so after a few years of hearing all this great stuff about Dr. Who i've decided to jumP on the bandwagon and give it a shot, any suggestionS on where to start?
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MutenRoshi

Routh dies, Brandon Rotten Superman was too stupid to win

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tron_bonne
@MutenRoshi said:
Routh dies, Brandon Rotten Superman was too stupid to win
I guess all Supermen die then. =/
Avatar image for ancient_spirits_0f_evil
Ancient_Spirits_0f_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehehehe yesssss

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By e3zombie

It takes brains to beat them not abs. Batman could stop them.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

Superman can't kill them.

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By darth_brendroid

The Angels are effectively unbeatable (like someone said, it requires brains - in the episodes the Angels haven't been shown to be destroyed, only perpetually locked in statue-form and erased from time). If Superman has no prep and no warning (save for messages on a wall), the Angels should easily take this. In Blink (2007) under similar circumstances (messages on the wall) Sally Sparrow seemed to assume creepy prank and left (it took looking through DVD easter eggs with message towards her to fully grasp the threat of the Angels).

To those wanting to start Doctor Who, start either with Eccleston (2005) or with Smith (2010). Both provide jumping on points. Tennant follows on quite a lot from the Eccleston Year and it's only one extra season to start with Eccelston anyway.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DangerousLoki

We don't know what happens to a weeping angel who has been physically destroyed. They are quantum locked as they've said. But they are in fact statues. The statue is their physical body. There is no seperation between the two. We don't know what would happen if someone destroys the statue completly. It's never been done in the series. There's nothing to indicate that they would survive such an action upon being unquantumed locked and given the nature of the Whoniverse, I doubt they would. They're body becomes stone, it's not like they're replaced by a statue. The statue is them. If it get's destroyed, we don't know what it would do.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Freefa11

@darth_brendroid: I second jumping on with Eccleston, and I think on average, they were some of the better episodes. Tenant had some good ones, but there were also a bunch when he really chewed the hell out of the scenery. That and his pseudo-pacifist stance could be really irritating. It's a lot easier to take the "moral high ground" when you're nigh-immortal, don't have any immediate family or loved ones to worry about, and have a deus ex screwdriver in your pocket.

Though personally, I think I favor the Smith episodes overall. More serious in tone, and also actually deals with the wonkiness of time travel. In a show featuring a guy with a time machine. Imagine that. Also, Amy and Rory are by faaaar my favorite companions in Nu Who.

@DangerousLoki: Yes, I was getting confused when people were saying they could not be damaged. As far as I can tell, the only thing the angels have been attacked with is ordinary gunfire. So they are apparently tougher than normal stone, but still no reason to think they can take Superman punches. Also, for all their speed, Superman is most likely faster than they are. However, in their original appearance, they apparently BFR'd people to the past via touch, so it could be that even if Supes does take one out (most likely by punching them), he could end up getting time-displaced anyway. Of course, since some alternate futures seem to imply Superman is basically immortal, this might just be irritating to him, and would also give him decades or centuries of prep.

DonaldDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DonaldDuck

@Freefa11 said:

@darth_brendroid: I second jumping on with Eccleston, and I think on average, they were some of the better episodes. Tenant had some good ones, but there were also a bunch when he really chewed the hell out of the scenery. That and his pseudo-pacifist stance could be really irritating. It's a lot easier to take the "moral high ground" when you're nigh-immortal, don't have any immediate family or loved ones to worry about, and have a deus ex screwdriver in your pocket.

Though personally, I think I favor the Smith episodes overall. More serious in tone, and also actually deals with the wonkiness of time travel. In a show featuring a guy with a time machine. Imagine that. Also, Amy and Rory are by faaaar my favorite companions in Nu Who.

@DangerousLoki: Yes, I was getting confused when people were saying they could not be damaged. As far as I can tell, the only thing the angels have been attacked with is ordinary gunfire. So they are apparently tougher than normal stone, but still no reason to think they can take Superman punches. Also, for all their speed, Superman is most likely faster than they are. However, in their original appearance, they apparently BFR'd people to the past via touch, so it could be that even if Supes does take one out (most likely by punching them), he could end up getting time-displaced anyway. Of course, since some alternate futures seem to imply Superman is basically immortal, this might just be irritating to him, and would also give him decades or centuries of prep.

Speed. If Superman is looking at them and flys away faster than light while still looking at them, he can fly to another planet in another solar system, but if he turns away like a 360 turn, they will be there when he turns back. so they can match his speed when he's not looking.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dextersinister

Is there not a lot of assumptions on what the angels are capable of.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Baldy

@difficlus said:

@tron_bonne said:
Dr Who is awesome.

Did you mean to say that Dr. Who is badly written?

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did:

I don't know if you still want to jump into Doctor Who, or you already have but the Pertwee years are a good place to start, then onto the Tom Baker years and then jump to the Eccleston series to follow on through.

Been watching it all my life and it's one of my favourite shows.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By Strider1992

Supes dies.

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

I have only seen the weeping angles from series 5. That being said I know guns don't effect them, but Superman is far more powerful than a gun. I also noticed on many occasions people could blink several times before the angels got to them, that means they are travelling far below the speed of light. We also only heard people being killed off screen. How do we know they have the ability to physically harm Superman's body when a black hole can't? Superman also has a whole host of powers at his disposal that I haven't seen tried on the angels.

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is easily fast enough to stay away from them and he would notice that they're only moving when he blinks so as soon as he figures that out, he'll just keep his eyes open and BFR them.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DrRenekton

Can't Superman just look at two angels at the same time and just move them to where they look at each other. Isn't that how they beat them in the show?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Weeping Angels

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DangerousLoki

@DonaldDuck said:

@Freefa11 said:

Speed. If Superman is looking at them and flys away faster than light while still looking at them, he can fly to another planet in another solar system, but if he turns away like a 360 turn, they will be there when he turns back. so they can match his speed when he's not looking.

They're not that fast sir. As @DrEgonSpengler: says, they weren't fast enough to close the distance between them and their target in the blink of an eye. Even when they weer only five-ten feet away. We've never seen them move so we have no idea how fast they are. But even in their second and third appearances in the Matt Smith year, their speed was only above human, but nowhere near as fast as lightspeed. I'd even argue that they weren't even moving at the speed of sound. So there's nothing to imply that they could ever match his speed as fast as he can move.

Also, Superman isn't stupid. He possesses super-inteligence. No. Seriously. That was one of his super powers. I'm serious.

There's also the question of how many angels he's facing. If he's facing a small group. He could win. If he's facing the planets of the angels? The angels win by BFRing him into the past.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hudyman

@DangerousLoki: Sorry, but i seems you are wrong in this case.

The reason people could blink and still not get attacked by the angels was for fear, The Flesh and Stone already proved this on many occasions like when the military man blinked and he was placed in a headlock by an angel ( Who was Miles away when the man was having a discussion with the Doctor). Another blink and the guy was dead.

So to answer your question, Yes the angels are faster than superman.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deaditegonzo

Theres nothing to show the Angels are even close to Supermans speed, invulnerable to an assault by him, or even capable of harming him. Not to mention, Superman doesnt have to blink, eat, sleep, or drink. He could literally stare at them until the end of time. Also, Superman is beyond genius level intellect.

If they actually made a crossover comic for this, I see it going down like so: Supes would not know why he was being chased by these things, he'd begin to put two n two together as he was getting continuously attacked, and finally realize that they move when they are no being looked at. He'd then grab one, fly it with him to the Fortress of Solitude, build a machine made solely to stare at the Angel, study it, eventually know all about its true form, and keep it in his zoo.

Thats the fun version, for a comic, in reality until proven otherwise, im 100% positive they couldnt hurt him, he is WAY faster than them, he could BFR them quite easily, and he even has the Phantom Zone, supposing they were a handful.

And im going to speak nerd sacrilege here, I watched Dr. Who, and it was actually the weeping Angels episode that made me drop the show entirely, it was cornier than Star Trek The Original Series. Sorry.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hudyman

@deaditegonzo: Who said they would have to hurt him???? Trying to hurt superman or anyone for that matter is just a complete waste of time. However if they touch superman just once, they can trap him in any time of their choosing and feed of the energy used. Doesnt matter how fast or strong superman is, It wont help him in this case.

Also I dont think superman is a "Genius" as you put it, If he was then he would be rivalling batman,Tony stark, reed richards Doom etc

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

@hudyman: doesn't the person have to blink to be caught by them

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hudyman

@dondave: No, The Person has to take their eyes off the angel.

If an angel is fully fed then they will probably do all that Red light, Green light stuff before actually killing you.

whereas a Hungry Angel Will just instantaneously kill you or send you back in time the very moment you blink or turn your back on them. (The Angels Take Manhattan, Flesh and Stone)

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@hudyman: doesn't the person have to blink to be caught by them

Not Necessarily.

If they turn their gaze away from them even in the slightest, they'll get caught.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DangerousLoki

@hudyman: You are incorrect sir. It's shown that there are angels through out the forest and it's never established how far away from them the Angel is. Their speed is never in fact given. They're not instantaneous because if they were then they wouldn't ever have to worry about seen. They could get anyone they wanted in a half second. A single blink of the eye. They didn't. Frequently were shown to have only moved a few feet in the span of an eye blink. There is nothing in any medium to indicate that they can approach anywhere near light speed.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeanroygrant

Weeping Angels.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deaditegonzo

@hudyman said:

@deaditegonzo: Who said they would have to hurt him???? Trying to hurt superman or anyone for that matter is just a complete waste of time. However if they touch superman just once, they can trap him in any time of their choosing and feed of the energy used. Doesnt matter how fast or strong superman is, It wont help him in this case.

Also I dont think superman is a "Genius" as you put it, If he was then he would be rivalling batman,Tony stark, reed richards Doom etc

Have they ever trapped anyone of his level in time? The episode I watched they were just trying to strangle people. And im positive he is too fast for them, could destroy them, and if he didnt want them to touch him, faze through contact. And once again, he'd never have to take off eye contact.

And maybe youve been reading the wrong Superman comics? He's many times more intelligent then Batman, who is more of a tactician than a scientific genius. Maybe read Up, Up and Away, by Busiek, as I believe that is the one where while on a plane, he is reading a book, and while reading the book is reading terabytes of information printed microscopically in every period. He has eidetic memory (photographic memory) where he can instantly recall anything he's ever learned. In Action Comics, he learned more about heart surgery in five minutes then the surgeon knew after 10 years of schooling. In the most recent Superman, Lex (who Mr. Terrific, 3rd Smartest Man in the World said was smarter than himself) said Superman is the only being on Earth who is almost his equal. Both Lex and Superman knew immediately that H'El was going to use the infinite power source of Kandor to recreate the big bang and destroy the solar system. Superman knows all the collective knowledge of the Kryptonian race which is way more advanced than Earth. Superman outsmarted the Multitude, Fifth Dimensional Beings, just like Jor El did. He built the Miracle Machine. I can go on if you like? Superman's intelligence is underrated because he rarely needs to outsmart somebody.

Like I said, either Superman wins or stalemate at best, if they were truly indestructible/ immune to BFR(something thats yet to be proven imo). And actually, as a feat Supes has already BFR'd one character, Doomsday Hunter/Prey, at the end of time, where the universe dies from Entropy, so theres always that.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Floopay

He's probably not smart enough to figure it out, and they'll probably beat him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hudyman

@DangerousLoki: Why do you keep saying that superman can move at light speed, That is as irrelevant as saying spiderman's spidey sense will help him against galactus. Superman Will not randomly fly at light speed in the direction of a Statue that seems to be moving. Also watch Flesh and stone Again, The light went off and the soldier was in a headlock... pretty fast if you ask me?

@deaditegonzo: The Image of an Angel Becomes and Angel.

This means that if superman is stupid enough to try and stare at the angels for more than 10 minutes, He would become an angel himself.

Also just to clarify, A weeping angel cannot be destroyed or killed, so you can scratch out any ideas of superman smashing them to death or laser eyeing them. If he was to survive this battle, He will have to use his brain.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Pyrogram

@hudyman said:

@DangerousLoki: Why do you keep saying that superman can move at light speed, That is as irrelevant as saying spiderman's spidey sense will help him against galactus. Superman Will not randomly fly at light speed in the direction of a Statue that seems to be moving. Also watch Flesh and stone Again, The light went off and the soldier was in a headlock... pretty fast if you ask me?

@deaditegonzo: The Image of an Angel Becomes and Angel.

This means that if superman is stupid enough to try and stare at the angels for more than 10 minutes, He would become an angel himself.

Also just to clarify, A weeping angel cannot be destroyed or killed, so you can scratch out any ideas of superman smashing them to death or laser eyeing them. If he was to survive this battle, He will have to use his brain.

It was PIS that the angles went slow in other things, I thought that watching it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Pyrogram

@deaditegonzo said:

Theres nothing to show the Angels are even close to Supermans speed, invulnerable to an assault by him, or even capable of harming him. Not to mention, Superman doesnt have to blink, eat, sleep, or drink. He could literally stare at them until the end of time. Also, Superman is beyond genius level intellect.

If they actually made a crossover comic for this, I see it going down like so: Supes would not know why he was being chased by these things, he'd begin to put two n two together as he was getting continuously attacked, and finally realize that they move when they are no being looked at. He'd then grab one, fly it with him to the Fortress of Solitude, build a machine made solely to stare at the Angel, study it, eventually know all about its true form, and keep it in his zoo.

Thats the fun version, for a comic, in reality until proven otherwise, im 100% positive they couldnt hurt him, he is WAY faster than them, he could BFR them quite easily, and he even has the Phantom Zone, supposing they were a handful.

And im going to speak nerd sacrilege here, I watched Dr. Who, and it was actually the weeping Angels episode that made me drop the show entirely, it was cornier than Star Trek The Original Series. Sorry.

If you study an angel it becomes physical. - If you see it on TV and look away it can go through the TV basically.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dondave

@hudyman: question. lets say Ssuperman did look away and the angels were advancing upon him, could he reactbefore the caught him or is once you look away your f*cked

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DangerousLoki

@hudyman: Superman can react at light speeds. He can track the movements of the Flash who moves at lightspeed. The Weeping Angel is fast but again, every instance of the Weeping Angels, they've only moved several feet in seconds. At mach 5 Quicksilver traveled 347 miles in 3 seconds. That's faster then anything the angels have ever done and that's nowhere close to the speeds Superman has acheived. If the angels had that kind of speed then they would have conquered the world already as they would be able to touch anyone the second their eyes closed. There's nevere been anything to indicate that the Angels are that fast. The instance you bring up is a man being caught by an Angel. I don't have the video on me but from what I remember the angels were surrounding them at the edge of the forested land and they were only about 20-30 feet away from the doctor and his team. One of them closed that presumed distance in a few seconds. It's fast but not that fast.

It's stated that while Quantum locked, they cannot be killed. We don't know what that means but from the words used "Quantum Locked" we can surmise that it mean's that they're frozen in that moment of space time. We don't know the durability of that stone. We don't know what would happen if someone destroyed their statue forms and they became unfrozen. We don't know what would happen if someone lifted them up and dropped them into the nearest ocean if they would survive underwater or if someone threw them into space what would happen when they became unquantum locked. We do know that Superman can fly. That Superman can punch through steel and that Superman can trap them all in the phantom zone while they're frozen as statues. We also don't know how the Angel's powers work. We know they can transfer you back in time with a touch, but we don't know if touching any part of them is required or if they have to touch you with their hands or what. The truth there are too many unknown variables about the Angels. They keep changing, more being added to them with every appearance they make but there's still nothing to imply that Superman couldn't simply smash them to pieces aside from a bit of dialogue wher the Doctor states they can't be killed but thus far we haven't tested the veracity of that claim. It doesn't matter how many times someone says something, without the proof to back it up.