The Void would destroy Doomsday.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Killemall

Would depend on which version of Doomsday we are talking about. Hunter/ Prey or versions after that could likely win given the fact that he was somehow able to kill Radiant, a being of pure energy

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By dondave

@Killemall: what is hunter/prey doomsday

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killemall

@dondave said:

Doomsday in DC comics has gone through various incarnation (as in upgrade). Doomsday originally appeared during Death Of Superman, where he was a very strong being but not much more. This Doomsday died at the hands of Superman, and his deadbody was BFRed into space.

The Doomsday however comes back to life, more powerful than before during the next story arc called Superman/ Doomsday: Hunter Prey, where he shows ability to evolve while in a fight, in this series he kills a being called Radiant a being made out of pure energy (who has never appeared before or since), goes to beat Darkseid and finally BFRed by a motherbox amped Superman and Waverider to Entrophy where he finally dies.

This Doomsday was saved after Zero Hour , where thanks to the action of Zero Hour Parallax who tired to remake the multiverse, everything had to happen a second time, and beore his death Doomsday was save and his body taken by Braniac. This marks the next story arc Doomsday Wars, at the end of the series Doomsday isnt defeated but rather let into 4 teleportation tube where he keeps getting teleported for all eternity.

This Doomsday was later freed by Checkmate during Our World At War (oftentime called Imperix saga) and programmed to see Superman instead of Imperix Probe. The Doomsday is permanently killed at the hands of Imperix Prime, while the Doomsday is remade for future, his power level doesnt seem to be as high.

Apart from his very long history, in short, Hunter/ Prey Doomsday is the Doomsday that appeared inSuperman/ Doomsday: Hunter Prey who is capable of evolving while in the fight without dying, and beat the snort out of Darkseid. This Doomsday was never really defeated in the fight, and the only thing that killed him was Entrophy, the same energy that Zero Hour Parallax used to destroy multiple universe (so an energy output far greater than what Void could hope to produce).

Hope this helps.

Mannyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mannyd

I am New Here and just throwing my 2 cents out there, the void is an entity, he is on another level of being. one of his aliases is the angel of death. the whole avengers/xmen and inhumans couldnt stop him, they were humiliated in front of him. i think void could just go intangible and take out doomsday's brain.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

@Killemall: thanks

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Killemall said:

Would depend on which version of Doomsday we are talking about. Hunter/ Prey or versions after that could likely win given the fact that he was somehow able to kill Radiant, a being of pure energy

Yep. 

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RingSlinger

I think Void can score the first death but Doomsday will evolve against him.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

Depends on which version of Doomsday but I'd say if its Hunter/Prey DD more than not

@Killemall: Just reading that makes me realize what a mess of a character Doomsday is

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Doomsday

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngryHulks

@Killemall said:

I don't know about that, but many other pure energy characters I seen can't be killed permanently and can only be dissipated (which they eventually reconstitute themselves late on), Radiant is different though, it will die if it loose humanoid form.

I don't know what Void actually is, he might be semi-abstract, but I don't know.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killemall

@AngryHulks said:

I don't know about that, but many other pure energy characters I seen can't be killed permanently and can only be dissipated (which they eventually reconstitute themselves late on), Radiant is different though, it will die if it loose humanoid form.

Ok i am surprised, where did you get this from? I am quite sure Radiant hasnt appeared before or after the same series and this was never mentioned in the arc.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@dondave said:

Doomsday in DC comics has gone through various incarnation (as in upgrade). Doomsday originally appeared during Death Of Superman, where he was a very strong being but not much more. This Doomsday died at the hands of Superman, and his deadbody was BFRed into space.

The Doomsday however comes back to life, more powerful than before during the next story arc called Superman/ Doomsday: Hunter Prey, where he shows ability to evolve while in a fight, in this series he kills a being called Radiant a being made out of pure energy (who has never appeared before or since), goes to beat Darkseid and finally BFRed by a motherbox amped Superman and Waverider to Entrophy where he finally dies.

This Doomsday was saved after Zero Hour , where thanks to the action of Zero Hour Parallax who tired to remake the multiverse, everything had to happen a second time, and beore his death Doomsday was save and his body taken by Braniac. This marks the next story arc Doomsday Wars, at the end of the series Doomsday isnt defeated but rather let into 4 teleportation tube where he keeps getting teleported for all eternity.

This Doomsday was later freed by Checkmate during Our World At War (oftentime called Imperix saga) and programmed to see Superman instead of Imperix Probe. The Doomsday is permanently killed at the hands of Imperix Prime, while the Doomsday is remade for future, his power level doesnt seem to be as high.

Apart from his very long history, in short, Hunter/ Prey Doomsday is the Doomsday that appeared inSuperman/ Doomsday: Hunter Prey who is capable of evolving while in the fight without dying, and beat the snort out of Darkseid. This Doomsday was never really defeated in the fight, and the only thing that killed him was Entrophy, the same energy that Zero Hour Parallax used to destroy multiple universe (so an energy output far greater than what Void could hope to produce).

Hope this helps.

Great post. 
But Void is acctually matter manipulator, so he should be able to change Doomsday into something that wouldn't have any powers. Doomsday is still being made out of molecules and his powers comes from great combination of DNA. Until Doomsday shown ability to resist high level of matter manipulation, he can be permanently defeated in this way. For example, we don't know what are the real base of Darwin power, since he was able to magicaly-evolve against Hela. This for me means, that Darwin is using some level of reality warping and it enables him to resist any kind of attack up to Hela's level (his RW/evolving is as powerfull as his best feat). 
Using this, as an example, Doomsday is still a cybernetic product based on kryptonian DNA (IIRC), that is able to evolve during the battle. This means that he can't evolve to magic, but only to magic effects (to blast of energy, but not to its source). It means that Doomsday is acctually hilghy limited when he is putted agaisnt molecular manipulators, since his powers doesn't come from his soul or mind, but from his body that can be manipulated (as well as it can be beaten by brute force, since he has limits). 
Void on the other side, doesn't have these limits and can reform himself until magic or higher molecular manipulation will be used on him. Possibly also telepathy, but DD's body can only answer on powers used on him, which means that it won't know how to create a telepathy and what is more important - he won't know how to fight in Astral Plane.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

Great post. But Void is acctually matter manipulator, so he should be able to change Doomsday into something that wouldn't have any powers. Doomsday is still being made out of molecules and his powers comes from great combination of DNA. Until Doomsday shown ability to resist high level of matter manipulation, he can be permanently defeated in this way. For example, we don't know what are the real base of Darwin power, since he was able to magicaly-evolve against Hela. This for me means, that Darwin is using some level of reality warping and it enables him to resist any kind of attack up to Hela's level (his RW/evolving is as powerfull as his best feat). Using this, as an example, Doomsday is still a cybernetic product based on kryptonian DNA (IIRC), that is able to evolve during the battle. This means that he can't evolve to magic, but only to magic effects (to blast of energy, but not to its source). It means that Doomsday is acctually hilghy limited when he is putted agaisnt molecular manipulators, since his powers doesn't come from his soul or mind, but from his body that can be manipulated (as well as it can be beaten by brute force, since he has limits). Void on the other side, doesn't have these limits and can reform himself until magic or higher molecular manipulation will be used on him. Possibly also telepathy, but DD's body can only answer on powers used on him, which means that it won't know how to create a telepathy and what is more important - he won't know how to fight in Astral Plane.

This can be used the other way around, Void has never defeated anyone as durable as Doomsday, he has used matter manipulation against 2 opponents thus far:

1. Molecule Man (who certainly wasnt on the same power level that fought cosmic cube beyonder , and affecting multiverse with his fight)

2. Loki

Neither of them are anywhere close to as durable as Doomsday, so saying Void could use matter manipulation on Doomsday sounds odd.

Furthermore, apart from on instance where he creates life out of nothing Void has never transmutated or changed anyone, his matter manipulation includes and is limited to (no idea how to explain, lets just post scan :p )

So yeah changing Doomsday into something is out of what Void has done.

Also Doomsday has fought few matter manipulators before, firestorm and Darkseid , so saying he has vulnerability to matter manipulation, although we dont know if he doesnt, seems odd. That certainly isnt a sure sort win.

Also during Doomsday War , Braniac for one was temporarily take over doomsday body using TP + technology, but Doomsday showed he was capable of eventually fighting back and Braniac is a pretty powerful TP user (when prep is involved).

I dont think TP is going to bring down Doomsday.

the real problem i see is, how is he preventing Void from coming back though.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngryHulks

@Killemall said:

@AngryHulks said:

Ok i am surprised, where did you get this from? I am quite sure Radiant hasnt appeared before or after the same series and this was never mentioned in the arc.

I think I didn't put what I want to say properly, but I'll try again...

Some energy beings like Onslaught and Imperiex did get dissipated, but he didn't really die (his powers still works to some degree). I read Hunter/Prey and I have see that Radiant get killed by getting chopped in half by Doomsday's force field or something. I don't think all energy characters can be killed by this kind of attack, because some of them can reconstitute themselves.

What I ultimately mean is that not all energy characters is the same (and I don't know what Void is made out of).

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@AngryHulks said:

Some energy beings like Onslaught and Imperiex did get dissipated, but he didn't really die (his powers still works to some degree). I read Hunter/Prey and I have see that Radiant get killed by getting chopped in half by Doomsday's force field or something. I don't think all energy characters can be killed by this kind of attack, because some of them can reconstitute themselves.

What I ultimately mean is that not all energy characters is the same (and I don't know what Void is made out of).

Ok fair enough.

That was indeed odd Radiant died that way, but the whole point of the fight seem to be Doomsday could adapt to deal with anything.

Also what he actually did was he became an alternate energy that canceled Radiant's energy out (i.e. PLOT)

No Caption Provided

so yeah H/P Doomsday had the power of plot, hard to beat that :p

Maybe he could turn sentry and kiss the void? (LOL, i am not judging)

No Caption Provided

And then throw him into the sun, thats pretty much how Void was defeated in their first encounter.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AngryHulks

@Killemall said:

@AngryHulks said:

Ok fair enough.

That was indeed odd Radiant died that way, but the whole point of the fight seem to be Doomsday could adapt to deal with anything.

Also what he actually did was he became an alternate energy that canceled Radiant's energy out (i.e. PLOT)

No Caption Provided

so yeah H/P Doomsday had the power of plot, hard to beat that :p

Maybe he could turn sentry and kiss the void? (LOL, i am not judging)

No Caption Provided

And then throw him into the sun, thats pretty much how Void was defeated in their first encounter.

The Void did come back isn't he?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

This can be used the other way around, Void has never defeated anyone as durable as Doomsday, he has used matter manipulation against 2 opponents thus far:

1. Molecule Man (who certainly wasnt on the same power level that fought cosmic cube beyonder , and affecting multiverse with his fight)

2. Loki

Neither of them are anywhere close to as durable as Doomsday, so saying Void could use matter manipulation on Doomsday sounds odd.

Furthermore, apart from on instance where he creates life out of nothing Void has never transmutated or changed anyone, his matter manipulation includes and is limited to (no idea how to explain, lets just post scan :p )

So yeah changing Doomsday into something is out of what Void has done.

Also Doomsday has fought few matter manipulators before, firestorm and Darkseid , so saying he has vulnerability to matter manipulation, although we dont know if he doesnt, seems odd. That certainly isnt a sure sort win.

Also during Doomsday War , Braniac for one was temporarily take over doomsday body using TP + technology, but Doomsday showed he was capable of eventually fighting back and Braniac is a pretty powerful TP user (when prep is involved).

I dont think TP is going to bring down Doomsday.

the real problem i see is, how is he preventing Void from coming back though.

1.But matter manipulation isn't energy projection. Its limits aren't in durability, but in opponents powers, like matter manipulation (Beyonder, MM, Void, Surfer), abstract/magic immortality  (Odin, Thanos) or uncanny source of power (astral plane - Strange, Surfer, magical/abstract objects - Mjolnir, Gem of Cyttorak, Quantum Bands). 
For example - Classic Drax, who was inteligent and even had TP, was durable enough to survive in heart of star and destroy it, but what stops Kitty Pride from using her (highly limited, but still) matter manipulation on him? WWHulk and Thor were phased to ground by her with no problems and it is hard to compare her ability ro affect other beings to Void's power level. 
Durability isn't a problem in this case, resistance to this certain power - is. For example, I don't see why Thor (without using Mjolnir to defend himself) should be able to survive mm, similar with mentioned Drax, Photon (Genis), Superman, Hyperion or Annihilus. 
Doomsday isn't Mangog nor Destroyer, who were created by high level magic, so someone who would like to manipulate their molecules would have to first break their enchanments. 
Darkseid's OB aren't normal kind of mm, but if Firestorm's powers failed to transmute Doomsday I would like to see it, since it would be a great mm-resistance feat.

And I am not saying he is vulnerable to mm, I am saying he doesn't have any special resistance to mm.

2.I've didn't say that TP will take DD out. I've said that Doomsday won't evolve to use his own TP against Void.
ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ChaosMarvel

it depends on the version of DD but i'll go with Void.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Lvenger

It depends on the version of Doomsday but I'd be inclined to take him over the Void given his adaptive physiology and insane healing factor. There's a high chance DD could find a way to beat the Void like he beat the Radiant in Hunter Prey as it has been mentioned earlier.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Void

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kgb725

doomsday did have to dir in order to beat radiant

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Killemall

@kgb725 said:

doomsday did have to dir in order to beat radiant

Might i ask where you are getting that from?

Doomsday vs Radiant is from Doomsday Year One, it was said that Doomsday was defeated nothing about him being killed was mentioned. Furthermore, bio published as a prelude to infinite crisis, has this:

It

Its clearly states Doomsday coming back to life 3 times:

1. DOS Doomsday - died on the hands of Superman.

2. Our World At War , died on the hands of imperix (you can see imperix in the back ground)

3. Hunter/ Prey Died in the hands of Superman at the end.

Radiant death had it been so would have to be a 4th death.

If you see, while the bio does mention Doomsday about being defeated by Radiant, it has no mention of him dying by the hands of Radiant.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 80sBaby

@Killemall: Correction, my friend. Doomsday killed the Radiant in Hunter/Prey, which was their second encounter (Radiant even mentions killing DD before.) It was recounted in Doomsday: Year One, but the actual fight happened in H/P. Doomsday was killed by the first Radiant and sent to Earth, where he fought Superman. Then again in Hunter/Prey.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By asIsuspected

Void 7/10. But I still dont see the way for Void to kill DD. If anyone knows I'd be glad to hear...

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void's telepathy is powerless against Doomsday since his evolution against telepathy to be immune to any. His matter manipulation powers might be his best attacks, but remember Doomsday fought against several powerful matter manipulators & won.

Doomsday's evolved forms would prove to be too much against Void & kill him again!

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void stomps.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

void

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday MURDERS Sentry & Void together and individually!

His adoptive abilities are just far too advanced for anything Sentry or Void have seen or hurt!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void takes a void on DD

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void in a tough fight, however superior IMO.

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eeef

Void devours Doomsday.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void and comfortably. He was thrashing around an amped up Loki and Strange like nothing. That same God of Stories Loki who would easily beat Doomsday.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death of Superman Doomsday gets wrecked. Many other versions lose as well, except for Hunter prey. They have an awesome fight with void losing at the end if it's h/p doomsday