#1 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

In honor this being my 117th Post, I thought I'd do a Halo-related battle. This is the UNSC from the Halo series and the GATOR (Grand Army of the Old Republic) against the Covenant.

Round 1: The UNSC and Covenant are the way they were as of 2525 AD and the GATOR has the Prequel-Era Jedi Order backing it up.

Round 2: Same as Round 1 only its the UNSC and Covenant as they were as of 2552 AD

Round 3: Same as Round 1 only the GATOR no longer has the Jedi backing them up.

Which rounds if any, do the UNSC and GATOR win?

Versus

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

But you have 654 posts?

#3 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Yep, but its only my 117th posted thread on the Battle Forum, discounting a few real stinkers I wish I could delete.

So anyway, who do you think wins?

#4 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: The UNSC alone held their own against the Covenant. Sure, they were outnumbered, and lost many planets, but they also had many vital victories, mostly on land more than space (even SPARTANS disliked space). Their weakness this time will be strengthened by the GATOR, so I'm sure the two could pull off a win.

#5 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: True, but weren't the UNSC only just barely holding out against the Covvies during the Great War? I was always under the impression that every big land battle they won was at "a horrible cost" and they always got curbstomped in space.

But regardless I do think with the GATOR backing them up the Covvies will be taken down.

"And they will speak of demons who could move objects just by pointing at them, wielded swords of pure energy, and were led by "The Green Devil who talked funny"

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: True, but weren't the UNSC only just barely holding out against the Covvies during the Great War? I was always under the impression that every big land battle they won was at "a horrible cost" and they always got curbstomped in space.

But regardless I do think with the GATOR backing them up the Covvies will be taken down.

"And they will speak of demons who could move objects just by pointing at them, wielded swords of pure energy, and were led by "The Green Devil who talked funny"

Yes, they did win at huge costs, but they won nonetheless (even more so with Space Battles. It took like 10 UNSC Frigates to defeat 2-3 Covenant Starfighters, and all of the ships that survived almost didn't.

That being said, the UNSC had their fair share of victories on land battles mainly due to SPARTANS (I, II, III, and IV's). With the help of the GATOR, they could pull off those wins easier, and their Space Battles would fare tons better. Also, if Master Chief alone impacted the war like he did, then the Jedi would tip the favor even more (if Jedi are allowed).

And I'm sure Yoda >>> Master Chief.

Another factor is their technology. In Halo 3 you clearly see them struggling, but in Halo 4 they have plenty of SPARTAN IV's to help them, and they seem to be faring quite well against the Covenant. They even held their own against the Forerunners for short periods of time(s). The GATOR have better technology from what I've heard, and could help improve the UNSC's Frigates to better their Space Battle performances. Heck, they could even make SPARTAN V's!!!

#7 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Team

Round 2: Team

Round 3: arguable. I say Team

#8 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump