The ultimate Halo vs. Star Wars battle

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hammerhand231

The setting is Coagulation (meaning any wide open rolling-hills type area with a roughly elongated-oval shape, some cover on the edges and little in the middle, maybe ¾ mile end-to-end)

Wearing Red:

Master Chief John-117

The Arbiter

N'tho 'Sraom

Usze 'Taham

Sargeant Major Avery Johnson

5 ODS troopers

Wearing Blue:

Anakin Skywalker

Mace Windu

Qui-Gon Jinn

The match is Team Slayer no respawn

Red Team has a full complement of starting gear and ammo including one of every weapon and enough ammo to reload each weapon 3 times, plus one of every ground vehicle in the Halo universe except the Scarab (gear/vehicles do not respawn either)

Blue Team has only their lightsabers

Note: this thread assumes that the speed of light is still a barrier to un-assisted nature in the Star Wars universe

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SwaggaB0y

Halo wins

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ecsnclr

You have pretty much messed up the Star Wars teams chances of winning this LOL

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hammerhand231

lol what I was really trying to do was give the Reds a fighting chance, these are three of the most powerful Jedi around. One of these guys is a serious threat to anybody, while all three....

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ecsnclr
hammerhand231 said:
"lol what I was really trying to do was give the Reds a fighting chance, these are three of the most powerful Jedi around. One of these guys is a serious threat to anybody, while all three...."

LOL No there are many Jedi and Sith better than these

I mean Darth Sidios and Plagues can Solo Halo
No Caption Provided

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hammerhand231

Allegedly according to George Lucas himself (although you can tell if you watch their duel in Episode 3), Mace Windu beats Darth Sidious hands down.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ecsnclr
hammerhand231 said:
"

Allegedly according to George Lucas himself (although you can tell if you watch their duel in Episode 3), Mace Windu beats Darth Sidious hands down.

"

I know but other directors of Star Wars and all round good friends of George have said when Sidious was young he could not be beaten and the other one is Plagues he was indestructible but got killed in his sleep
But there was never enough Mace combat to prove he was that powerful but i think i could believe he can beat Sidious but not Plagues and then there is Ulic Kal Droma Who slayed The master of the guy who trained Yoda he killed himself after realising he was on the wrong side and killed defenceless people
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hammerhand231

hmmm, that's pretty good stuff, but beside the point. all I ever said were "some" of the most powerful Jedi around. and Sidious is not here and neither is Plagues or Yoda.

Could those three peacekeepers take those ten warriors? that is the question

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ecsnclr
hammerhand231 said:
"hmmm, that's pretty good stuff, but beside the point. all I ever said were "some" of the most powerful Jedi around. and Sidious is not here and neither is Plagues or Yoda.

Could those three peacekeepers take those ten warriors? that is the question"

No dude they honestly can't the Cyber sword can probably deflect a lightsaber
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hammerhand231

a lightsaber will cut through and destroy a tank (or pretty much any other substance) if you try slashing a tank with your energy sword your going to get a mouthful of tungsten lol

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ecsnclr
hammerhand231 said:
"a lightsaber will cut through and destroy a tank (or pretty much any other substance) if you try slashing a tank with your energy sword your going to get a mouthful of tungsten lol"

It cuts through Spartan Armor which is as strong as any Tank hull
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hammerhand231

have you ever tried slashing a tank or someone in a tank with your energy sword? its not a wise course of action unless you want to die

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ecsnclr
hammerhand231 said:
"have you ever tried slashing a tank or someone in a tank with your energy sword? its not a wise course of action unless you want to die"

It isn't wise to fight a Spartan or The Arbiter
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hammerhand231

truth, for you or I; but neither one of us is a Jedi Knight, so far as I know...

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ecsnclr
hammerhand231 said:
"truth, for you or I; but neither one of us is a Jedi Knight, so far as I know..."

if i was a Jedi knight they would ban me on the first day or send me to fight a Sith with no training LOL
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Tevnoba
hammerhand231 said:
Note: this thread assumes that the speed of light is still a barrier to un-assisted nature in the Star Wars universe"
What is this supposed to mean?  Please clarify in a more complete sentence.
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hammerhand231

that is a complete sentence. What it means is I am assuming that Jedi Knights are not able to block actual laser blasts, like the ones coming from the beam rifle or the spartan laser. blaster bolts are one thing, when their reaction time has to be in the thousands of seconds, skilled force users can see them coming in that amount of time and block them. But they can't do billionths of a second, which is what they would need in order to block laser blasts moving at 186,000 miles/second. I have absolutely no claim on George Lucas' mind and have no idea if this is something he intended or not, it just seemed to make sense. I wrote "unassisted" because assisted nature (i.e. someone in hyperspace) in Star Wars is capable of many thousand times the speed of light.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldmagic
ecsnclr said:
"hammerhand231 said:
"lol what I was really trying to do was give the Reds a fighting chance, these are three of the most powerful Jedi around. One of these guys is a serious threat to anybody, while all three...."

LOL No there are many Jedi and Sith better than these

I mean Darth Sidios and Plagues can Solo Halo
No Caption Provided

"
LOLOLOL err...no. :)
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kaino12

if u read the books many of the siths had the ability to distroy planets. not to mention force push brian forcefields dont stop tk thats generated in side of it.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By AtPhantom
hammerhand231 said:
"that is a complete sentence. What it means is I am assuming that Jedi Knights are not able to block actual laser blasts, like the ones coming from the beam rifle or the spartan laser. blaster bolts are one thing, when their reaction time has to be in the thousands of seconds, skilled force users can see them coming in that amount of time and block them. But they can't do billionths of a second, which is what they would need in order to block laser blasts moving at 186,000 miles/second. I have absolutely no claim on George Lucas' mind and have no idea if this is something he intended or not, it just seemed to make sense. I wrote "unassisted" because assisted nature (i.e. someone in hyperspace) in Star Wars is capable of many thousand times the speed of light.

"
You do know that they don't react to laser when they're fired, they actually predict them.
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hammerhand231

I know, that's why I said they see them coming, their prediction of the future is why they are so dangerous in combat. But even so they aren't perfect and even the best can't always block every single blaster bolt. I don't think even the best of the best would have enough skill to predict and stop something moving at those speeds; but like I said this is just a thought that I've had that makes sense to me and if someone can prove me wrong I would gladly listen

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By SUNMAN

Look I love Halo, but this is a little unfair. The Jedi most likely own. MAce Windu is a beast. He is arguably one of the strongest Jedi ever. If not number 1, he is atleast in the top 3.

CH1C4N0444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CH1C4N0444

halo you made em far 2 powerful... and starting gear? be more specific... i mean starting gear can mean spartan laser and sniper rifle or assault rifle and pistol or battle rifle and smg...

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanroygrant

Halo

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By steelhound56

I actually think the Jedi may be able to take this...

Jedi foresight would allow them to block any type of bullet fired at them, and the Mjolnir armor wont stand up to a lightsaber strike, energy shields or not

They might be outnumbered, but the Force isnt something to mess with. They could likely just pull the pins out of their grenades before they fired a shot, causing some major damage before even igniting their lightsabers. Force assisted speed would allow them to blitz the 5 ODS soldiers and Sarge before they could put up much of a fight.

The same speed would allow them enough agility, when combined with foresight, to avoid damage from AOE weapons like the Fuel Rod Gun and Rocket Launchers. TK can and would effectively eliminate some heavy hitters like John and Thel before they caused too much damage. Mace was able to crush Grievous' chest, which was protected by startship grade armor, with his TK.

Anakin's raw power far surpasses Mace's. So it would be safe to assume he could perform similar feats with his command of the Force. Heck, who's to say they cant snap the human combatant's necks with the Force?

Vehicles might be a problem if they arent careful though, The Banshee and Scorpion could do some serious damage if not taken out early. But two of the three Jedi (Anakin and Mace) have fought through a war with tank droids and other high tech war machines, so its nothing they havent faced before.

John and the Sanghelli might provide more of a challenge, but lightsabers can and will cut their armor. The only question is how fast are John and the Elite's reflexes compared to Jedi like Anakin, Mace, and Qui Gon?

Assuming the Energy Sword can stand up to a lightsaber, Arbiter may be able to hold off one of the three in close combat, given that Sanghelli are physically superior when compared to humans. But looking at lightsaber combat and its nature, I highly doubt superior physical stats are going to amount to much when your opponent is always one step ahead of you.

I would love to see the Red Team beat this walking war machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A07WNupEXk

CH1C4N0444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CH1C4N0444

"Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites Alteration of bioeletrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. 300% increase in subject reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity." http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures thts how their reflexes are... and were those things ever canon? and how do you know grievous had starship grade armor? havent been able to find tht

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By steelhound56

The Epidsode III novelization states it somewhere in the book. Hold on ill find the actual quote

Canon or not, the poster didnt specify EU or movie incarnations, and from the general feel of this forum EU is usually allowed in Star Wars vs debates...

So a threefold reflex increase? I used to read quite a bit on the Haloverse, but its been awhile since I've read the wikis and novels. Enhanced reflexes will help John up close, but it wont help him enough to win against Jedi of Mace's and Anakins caliber. Jedi actually predict the immediate future (around the time their opponent decides his next move) in lightsaber combat.

Lightsaber combat between two Force users can be looked at as a chess game, with every move being a check. Simply put, John may react 3 times faster than a peak human (the subjects of the SPARTAN II program were essentially peak humans) But against a Jedi (Anakin and Mace being essentially peak human due to a lifetime of rigorous Jedi training) who is always going to be one step ahead of him due to precog, with Force assisted speed and reflexes, he goes down...

The humans in this are essentially non factors, and go down fast and hard. The Elites will last a bit longer, but eventually go down due to the Jedi's superior weaponry and speed. John and Thel will be the last, but they will eventually go down due to the nature of Jedi combat combined with various Force powers that Anakin, Mace and Qui Gon possess...

It wont be a stomp, but the Jedi possess enough power, speed and skill to take this

EDIT: Grievous' cyborg body is comprised of duranium, the same alloy used in starship hulls in the SWverse. Duranium is strong enough to withstand a glancing blow from a lightsaber, and impervious to blasters and slugthrowers

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467

Obi-Wan was already making that exact move as Anakin spoke. But they were inverted to each other: breaking right shot him one way while Anakin whipped the other. The tri-fighters' cannons ripped space between them, tracking faster than their starfighters could slip. His onboard threat display chimed a warning: two of the droids had remote sensor locks on him. The others must have lit up his partner. "Anakin! Slip-jaws!"
"My thought exactly."
They blew past the tri-fighters, looping in evasive spirals. The droid ships wrenched themselves into pursuit maneuvers that would have killed any living pilot. The slip-jaws maneuver was named for the scissorlike mandibles of the Kashyyyk slash-spider. Droids closing rapidly on their tails, cannonfire stitching space on all sides, the two Jedi pulled their ships through perfectly mirrored rolls that sent them streaking head-on for each other from opposite ends of a vast Republic cruiser. For merely human pilots, this would be suicide. By the time you can see your partner's starfighter streaking toward you at a respectable fraction of lightspeed, it's already too late for your merely human reflexes to react.
But these particular pilots were far from merely human.
The Force nudged hands on control yokes and the Jedi starfighters twisted and flashed past each other belly-to-belly, close enough to scorch each other's paint.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith   

Anakin's speeder shrieked through the rain, dodging forked bolts of lightning that shot up from towers into the clouds, slicing across traffic lanes, screaming past spacescrapers so fast that his shock-wake cracked windows as he passed.

Not sure which quote from RotS was the desired one, but here are two of Anakin's reaction feats from it, first being him showing the perception/reaction speed to evade Obi-Wan's ship flying toward him while his vessel and Obi-Wan's are moving at sizable fractions of light speed, and the second being him reacting to lightning bolts. Anakin is the fastest Jedi on the team.

Here are a few speed showings for Qui-Gon and Mace, just for the good measure. Mace and Qui-Gon are even in Force Speed.

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Tiin, and Ki-Adi-Mundi surged from the pyramid entrance, engaging the terrorists that had driven them back. A quarter of the way across the immense plaza, the Jedi spread out in a wedge formation, their constantly moving blades fending off blaster bolts loosed from ahead and to either side. Behind the energy barrier fashioned by the lightsabers, Yaddle, Depa, Vergere, and two of the judicials raced out to divert fire from the rear.

--Taken from Cloak of Deception 

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Ki-Adi-Mundi stood with their backs pressed to one another, deflecting a hail of blaster bolts the terrorists poured into the plaza. The blades of their lightsabers—green, blue, and purple—moved faster than the eye could follow, blazing bright as novas as they sent the bolts caroming from the ancient stone walls and ricocheting off the sloping faces of the pyramids.

In a blur of motion, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan hurried to Tiin's aid, spinning and leaping in the face of the onslaught.

The Force moved Mace's hands faster than thought. Depa's lightsaber went to his left hand, to mirror his own in his right, and together they wove a wall across the mouth of the bunker, catching and scattering a flood of blasterfire.

--Taken from Shatterpoint

I know very little about the Halo team; so I can offer no real comment on this.  
CH1C4N0444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CH1C4N0444

@steelhound56 well i think it kinda matters because much of tht was exaggerated... i mean a single shot from a DC-15 not only blew off an AATs tank hatch but took it out completely using 6(approximately) shots from the same rifle from the inside(shots which each also blew giant holes in the ship) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDomsMnj5HY&feature=related 0:43-0:52... as for the time prediction thing im pretty sure said ability wouldve helped em in order 66 wouldnt it? and peak humans? peak human is being able to lift 800lbs an unarmored spartan can lift 3xs their weight mc weighing in at 390 can lift 1170 much greater than "peak humans" as for their speed they run up to 34.2mph(again unarmored)... im not quite sure how strong an armored spartan is(the mark i granted the wearer the ability to lift 2 tons and since their have been 5 improvements since then thts increased) while in armor mc was able to run 65.2mph in armor(granted he tore hes achilles tendon) and since it also heightens the reflexes of the wearer the alrdy ridiculous spartan reflexes is now even more increased... and since mc has spartan neural interface w/cortana he's even more enhanced(the ai improves data transfer from the spartan to mjolnir processing unit making him even better)

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By steelhound56

65.2mph is nothing for a Jedi. This is one example of a Jedi Master using Force enhanced speed.

From the Wookiepedia article describing Force Speed

"In 5,000 BBY, Jedi MasterRelin Druur used the power when he attackedthe Harbinger, which was miningLignan crystals in the Phaegon system, and, by his own estimate, he was able to cross 100 meters in a second, running in a blur."

So if we take that feat at face value, that puts an average Jedi Master at being able to move at 223.69 miles an hour in short bursts. Lets say they can sustain a third of that effort over long distances. That still puts a Jedi Master at being able to run at a speed of 74.56 miles per hour. All the Jedi in this thread are powerful Jedi, and should be able to replicate this feat. Qui Gon actually did replicate this feat in Episode 1, in which both he and Obi Wan moved in a blur of speed to escape the Trade Federation droidekas in the beginning of the movie.

Obi Wan and Anakin have both been shown to be able to react to things moving at a sizeable fractions of lightspeed, with Anakin dodging lightning bolts in a speeder in the Episode III novelization (as someone mentioned above). Mace's form of lightsaber combat (Vaapad) is so fast it makes it seem like he is wielding several blades at once.

As good as John's reflexes are, the Jedi's reflexes are better due to their attunement to the Force.

As for Order 66, there is a book quote for this as well...

From the Episode III novelization, describing Order 66

"The Clone Wars were the perfect Jedi trap.

By fighting at all, the Jedi lost.

With the Jedi Order overextended, spread thin across the galaxy, each Jedi is alone, surrounded only by whatever clone troops he, she, or it commands. War itself pours darkness into the Force, deepening the cloud that limits Jedi perception. And the clones have no malice, no hatred, not the slightest ill intent that might give warning. They are only following orders."

Also, from the Rise of Darth Vader, Vader is stated to be able to crush durasteel with his hands. Vader himself stated he would have been able to use the Force to do the same thing without the cybernetic limbs, especially in moments of rage. I would think that crushing a super durable, futuristic metal alloy with your bare hands would classify as being at least peak human, if not low level superhuman strength.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silver2467
@steelhound56 said: 

So if we take that feat at face value, that puts an average Jedi Master at being able to move at 223.69 miles an hour in short bursts. Lets say they can sustain a third of that effort over long distances. That still puts a Jedi Master at being able to run at a speed of 74.56 miles per hour. All the Jedi in this thread are powerful Jedi, and should be able to replicate this feat. Qui Gon actually did replicate this feat in Episode 1, in which both he and Obi Wan moved in a blur of speed to escape the Trade Federation droidekas in the beginning of the movie.

Just to reinforce this point, in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Roan Shryne, Bol Chatak, and Olee Starstone ran several kilometers in a short (although undefined) period of time. It is important to note that Starstone was a Padawan, not a Master. 

Mace's form of lightsaber combat (Vaapad) is so fast it makes it seem like he is wielding several blades at once.

To be honest, despite the description for Vaapad being described as having too many blades to count, I have never actually seen Mace produce afterimages of his lightsaber. He did in his duel with Sidious in the RotS novel, but his speed was augmented in that fight well beyond its standard levels. Under his normal capacity, I know of no instances where he has actually done that. I do know of one instance in which he generated multiple blurring motions simultaneously but no afterimages. However, in spite of that, I do believe Mace has the ability to, as other Jedi, such as Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura, have done so before. 
Example of Mace creating three blurs concurrently:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/2151036-blur_afterglow_3_super.jpg  

Otherwise, I agree with you. Jedi speed, particularly with higher level Jedi such as Anakin, Qui-Gon, and Mace is considerable.
steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By steelhound56

He demonstrates vaapad's speed several times in Shatterpoint.

Their cannons belched energy and Mace threw himself into the Force, releasing all but his intention. It was no longer Mace Windu who acted: the Force acted through him. Depa's lightsaber snapped into his left hand while his own flipped into his right. The green cascade was a jungle-echo of the purple as they both met clawing chains of red.
On Sarapin, a Vaapad was a notoriously dangerous predator, powerful and rapacious. It attacked with its blindingly fast tentacles. Most had at least seven. It was not uncommon for them to have as many as twelve. The largest ever killed had twenty-one. The thing about a Vaapad was that you never knew how many tentacles it had until it was dead: they moved too fast to count. Almost too fast to see.
So did Mace's.

Unarmed comat using Vaapad

Standing toe to toe, the top of Mace's head barely came to the level of Vastor's chin, and you could have tucked Mace's whole thick-muscled upper body inside Vastor's chest with room to spare. And even hurt, lurching drunkenly, Vaster still could whip his arms in blindingly fast raking slaps at Mace's head and wounded neck. But where Vastor's speed was blinding, Mace's was invisible. Not one of those slaps connected.
Before Vastor could even focus his eyes, Mace had hit him six times: two thundering hooks to his short ribs, a knee slamming hard into the same thigh he'd hit before, an elbow snapping up to the point of his chin, and two devastating palm strikes to either hinge of his jaw.
Vastor fired another of those blinding slaps. This time, instead of ducking, Mace countered with a whirring hook that met the lor peleKs swinging arm directly on the nerve that ran up the inside of the biceps. Vastor threw the other even harder-which only made the inside of that arm connect that much harder with Mace's coun-terhook.
Vastor's mighty arms spasmed and dropped limply to his sides. "This is called Vaapad, Kar." A fierce light burned in Mace's eyes. "How many arms do you see?"
Then he hit Vastor twice in the nose before the lor pelek could even blink.

Mace's speed in unarmed combat allows him to strike an opponent twice before he can blink, which makes him able to strike twice in about 300 milliseconds... I assume this speed feat can be replicated with a lightsaber, as the weapon is essentially an extension of himself (also stated in Shatterpoint)

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By spystreak

force users rape Spartan's armor is not going to stop them from being telepathicly choked to death or decapitation from a lightsaber

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Silver2467
@steelhound56: I know how fast Mace is. I have read Shatterpoint, Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, Republic, etc., just about every major appearance Mace has plus several others. None of the quotes you provided discredit my point. Mace has never generated afterimages before. He probably could because other characters that are as fast as he is have demonstrated afterimage showings, such as Dooku, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, Agen Kolar, Anakin (although he is a little faster than Mace), and so on. But the fact is, I have never seen any example where he has actually done so.
CH1C4N0444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CH1C4N0444

you got me there... but i still feel like the clone wars series was exaggerated on certain things... just saying

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheRedRobin96

Star Wars

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheRedRobin96

Star Wars

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silver2467
@CH1C4N0444 said:

@steelhound56 you got me there... but i still feel like the clone wars series was exaggerated on certain things... just saying

Mace's TK was exaggerated in that show. He can push down a couple hundred droids, but in Shatterpoint, he was unable to lift a standard transport with only a few passengers? Regardless, it's not like the physical stats Mace displayed in that show are anything especially impressive. All he did was throw strikes fast enough that his hands appeared as a blur and run invisibly fast. So what? These are feats average Jedi perform on a regular basis. Luke in the Rebellion era, before his training on Dagobah, has run imperceptibly fast before. The only reason Mace receives so much praise for his depiction in Clone Wars is because he "defeated an army." But if you actually pay attention, a minority of the droids he fought actually attacked him. Most either stood completely still or simply walked into him without shooting. They were written as protocol droids in that instance instead of combat droids. Conversely, Anakin and Obi-Wan actually have fought entire armies together before, but the droids they engaged fought back, unlike with Mace. Now, Anakin and Obi-Wan have never outright destroyed an army on their own, but they have fought armies.  

Honestly, none of what Mace showed in the video is superior to the quotes I provided for Qui-Gon or the quotes and scans provided here and previously for Anakin. I find it very plausible that Mace can move as quickly as was shown seeing as how unimpressive it really is when taking into account the speed Jedi are consistently portrayed with. 
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/2139197-new_picture__93_.jpg

"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

--Taken from Attack of the Clones

He no longer even tried to strike back. Force exhaustion began to close down his perceptions, drawing his consciousness back down to his physical form, trapping him within his own skull until he could barely even feel the contours of the room around him; he dimly sensed stairs at his back, stairs that led up to the entrance balcony. He retreated up them, using the higher ground for leverage, but Skywalker just kept on coming, tirelessly ferocious.
That blue blade was everywhere, flashing and whirling faster and faster until Dooku saw the room through an electric haze and now Kenobi was back in the picture: with a shout of the Force, he shot like a torpedo up the stairs behind Skywalker, and Dooku decided that under these rather extreme circumstances, it was at least arguably permissible for a gentleman to cheat.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By steelhound56

I wasn't trying to disagree with you or anything, we can agree Anakin is the fastest of the team. I was just trying to solidify that Mace's form of lightsaber combat is extremely deadly, nothing more...

Oh how i wish the movie had been portrayed like it was in the novelization...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Silver2467
@steelhound56: I never meant to say that Mace's style is not deadly (Vaapad is an off-shoot of Juyo; that by itself renders it a deadly form), just discussing Mace's showings in detail. But this is digressing from the topic.
steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By steelhound56

Indeed it is.

So what are your thoughts on the actual fight Silver? unless you've already stated them I see you leaning more on the Jedi teams side

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Silver2467
@steelhound56: As I mentioned on the previous page, I know very little about the Halo team; so as it stands, I can form no consensus.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeanroygrant

@SwaggaB0y said:

Halo wins
CH1C4N0444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CH1C4N0444

and the only point i was trying to make bout tht comment of them being exaggerated was tht some of the things done could not be possible.... while you yourselfs have proven some of the feats common ground for jedi there are parts w/none jedi tht are not possible for them... like my first example... or another one durge lifting up an entire atte sized vehicle with a jousting weaponing

Darksider16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude Darth Nihilus would solo This

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cjdavis103

cant the Jedi just use TP on team halo

SW takes this they have pregoc, TP,TK and swords that deflect anything

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STAR WARS FTW

Darksider16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksider16: jkin me and help me rule this galaxy and together we willl conquer man worlds even darkseids

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Anal_Vomit

If Halo had forerunner weapons or such

[Not sure what a lightsaber would do to their energy shields]

Star Wars has the slight advantage in speed, not sure if their reaction times are the same or not. But they are not overwhelming team Halo. They're are master battle strategist and already dealt with speeds like the jedi.

Lightsabers are no different than energy swords. Its nothing they haven't dealt with before.

It would be more fair if the jedi's couldn't use the force.

I'm looking at 50/50