#1 Posted by INoRUUSTYoWEoTRUST (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Place: Gotham City

Time: 3:13 Am

An advanced alien species has just arrived on earth.

Batman is notified as soons as the ship greats land.

The Thing is hostle and aimed for global domination.

Batman is fully equiped.

Can Batman prevent the elusive yet dangerous foe from bringing death to the doorstep of America.

If "need be" Batman can have prep time but as of right now he has only what he brought and what can be fetched.

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will find a way to save the day.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, does it land in a populated Gotham City? How long does it have before Batman arrives?

Staff
#4 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins. Part of the Things strength is hiding as/in other people. Batman's detective skills negate that huge advantage. The guy can figure who's a shape shifter in a room full of people with almost no effort. Add in all those "wonderful toys" and the Thing becomes nothing.

#5 Posted by Enemybird (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr said:

Batman wins. Part of the Things strength is hiding as/in other people. Batman's detective skills negate that huge advantage. The guy can figure who's a shape shifter in a room full of people with almost no effort. Add in all those "wonderful toys" and the Thing becomes nothing.

Brilliant deduction!

#6 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr said:

#7 Edited by tensor (4351 posts) - - Show Bio

superman come in i need back up now

#8 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

The bigger question is, how many people do you think he Thing can kill before it is captured?

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr: There's a lot of variables. If it's near a heavy populated area of the city, I imagine it could assimilate with quite a few.

Staff
#10 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr: LOL. Thing becomes nothing? I loved that line!

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he will be successful in stopping the assimilation of Gotham. He will need to fall back to a safer location and gather particular League members.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in love with the idea of this.

#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce has a variety of grenades in his arsenal, if he trap the Thing to a certain area, he can just burn it completely. 

#14 Posted by Billy Batson (58028 posts) - - Show Bio

what's the second pic?
BB

#15 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Hmm, let's say a less guarded city. London in DC universe (big city with huge population but pretty bad Super hero influence). Knight and Squire know something is up and call Bats. Not his city so he's out of his element. How much of London would they lose before they catch the Thing?

@Illuminatus said:

I doubt he will be successful in stopping the assimilation of Gotham. He will need to fall back to a safer location and gather particular League members.

Doubtful. the JLA goes to Bats for intel, not the other way around.

#16 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr said:

@Illuminatus said:

Doubtful. the JLA goes to Bats for intel, not the other way around.

Okay? He will be unsuccessful in stopping the assimilation without prep before the alien lands. Once a creature as clever and resourceful as that is loose in a city like Gotham, it's over.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

what's the second pic?
BB

It's from the 2011 prequel of The Thing.

Staff
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58028 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Billy Batson said:

what's the second pic?
BB

It's from the 2011 prequel of The Thing.

Thanks. Couldn't figure what it was.
BB

#19 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Batman will find a way to save the day.

#20 Posted by Scarbearer (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Booo! I thought this was gonna be Ben Grimm vs. Bruce Wayne!

BOOOO!

Ok joking aside, I agree that Bruce finds a way to win. He's faced similiar scenarios involving White Martians.

#21 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: The guy has alien DNA tracking built into his normal tools.

#22 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@rpgr: Cool. And then what does he do against creatures that are faster more durable, stronger, faster, and arguably cleverer than Bruce? The unnecessary and embarrassing prequel finally solidified the theory that each "thing" is capable of assimilating multiple creatures at a time. In such a ridiculously overpopulated city as Gotham, it would only be a few hours before half of it was overrun with hostile "things". He can track their DNA all he wants-but when he gets an organic hook-like object through his chest, it's over. 
#23 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

The TS pm'd me and asked me if I could paste something here for him, which would serve as an update to the OP: 

Ok, just to clarify, there is a UFO landinf in Gotham. Im pretty sure every citizen is going to be half naked, in the streets, flabergasted and frozen with fear. And seeing how The Thing kinda needs people to perform his little majoc trick with, i though it was a kind of given that the city was populated.Keep in mind Batman is alerted as soon as the landing ramp breaches the dirt of mother earth herself. so give Batman ten minutes befor hes at the scene of the crime. Oh and also The Thing slides of its ship with one thing knawing at its core, project " Hide & Seek" along side with " Defend & Destroy". Its whole mission is to dominate earth. Im curious to see if Batman can stop it by himself or what would it take for him to "save the day"

#24 Posted by Nefarious (20365 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins with prep. He will find a way.

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

superman come in i need back up now

#26 Posted by pizzatrails (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman! Batman defeated Solomon Grundy and Bane even if Bane broke his back Batman came back and won.

#27 Posted by INoRUUSTYoWEoTRUST (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok this isnt a contest between whos the strongest. And dont just put Batman give reasons.

#28 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@pizzatrails said:

Batman! Batman defeated Solomon Grundy and Bane even if Bane broke his back Batman came back and won.

And Squirrel Girl defeated Thanos. Does that mean she could feasibly take on a city full of "things"? Probably not.

#29 Posted by INoRUUSTYoWEoTRUST (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#30 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins, he's dealt with way worse before.

#31 Posted by INoRUUSTYoWEoTRUST (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586:

clearly you know what your talking about hence the name and all.

#32 Posted by Daddy_Cool_Dude (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman eventually wins, if he used his prep time.

#33 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't win this thing by force. The Thing will spread too far and too wide, and once it has a bit of a start, it will start to spread exponentially and in broad daylight, once it spreads beyond the need to fear destruction of individual creatures might end it's spread on earth. ++++++ The thing has special neural-musculature cells which can both move and process information, so that means as it gains mass it also gains intelligence. In short order, far out pacing even Batman's intellect. The key for Batman is to develope some gene-cleansing, or biological weapon that attacks "thing" cells. If he can do that early, and he probably can, he can win. If not, he will get swamped, or at least lose so much of the population in the process that you couldn't really call that saving the day.

#34 Posted by INoRUUSTYoWEoTRUST (18 posts) - - Show Bio

IT'S A BOO BUMP!

#35 Edited by VeganDiet (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

If it takes him Ten Minutes to get there, a lot of people would get "Thing"-ified. Bats would need some back up I'd say to take care of this.

As an aside, were there ever to be a Batman vs. Thing book produced, I would fall all over myself trying to get my hands on it.

#36 Posted by jwalser3 (5023 posts) - - Show Bio

In the time it takes him to get there. At least 5 people if not more will be turned. They will spread out and consume the city. Sure Bruce could spot the ones infected, what good will it do when the other 20 people around you are infected as well. Batman would need the League to back him up on this.

#37 Posted by Oni_Bane (1595 posts) - - Show Bio

@pizzatrails said:

Technically it was JPV in a IronBat suit.

#38 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins if he gets prep, he already dealt with thing level opponents and even higher.