• 73 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

abomination is terrorizing new  york city and thing is the nearest guy to abomination so he goes  out there and confronts him

who  wins

no prep time

#2 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing goes down hard.    He is no match in hell for Abomination.

#3 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"the thing goes down hard.    He is no match in hell for Abomination.
"

#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

remember when abom beat hulk to death?  Abomination will make that look like peace keeping.

#5 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

idk i think he might be able to hold his own against  abomination

thing has heart and fighting skills

thing might also be stronger than abomination

im not saying he would win but still i dont think thing would crushed

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is weaker then hulk, abomination is stronger than hulk.   Thing is no way stronger.   And the abomination was trained as a spy, he has fighting skills as well.  Thing is just out of his league, not to mention that abom has a tougher hide and has a healing factor and thing doesn't.

#7 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

dude its simple math

Abomination>Hulk>Thing

#8 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

Abom will rip off thing's head.  Then the fantastic four is down a number.   ANd they will no longer be the FF they will be the FT.

#9 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt mean abom couldnt fight i just thought you were underestimating thing a little and abom is only stronger than hulk for a period of time then hulk gets stronger

#10 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

yes but abomination will always be stronger than the thing.

#11 Posted by Trench (880 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination

#12 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio
lionheart said:
"i didnt mean abom couldnt fight i just thought you were underestimating thing a little and abom is only stronger than hulk for a period of time then hulk gets stronger "
hulk lost anyway NEXT
#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
lionheart said:
"idk i think he might be able to hold his own against  abomination

thing has heart and fighting skills

thing might also be stronger than abomination

im not saying he would win but still i dont think thing would crushed"

You a thing fanboy or was that and april fools joke?? Abom is ahell of alot stronger then Thing. Who cares if he has alot of heart. What happened to wolverine when he fought hulk with alot of heart he got brain damaged. So please this is a crush.
#14 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"lionheart said:
"idk i think he might be able to hold his own against  abomination

thing has heart and fighting skills

thing might also be stronger than abomination

im not saying he would win but still i dont think thing would crushed"

You a thing fanboy or was that and april fools joke?? Abom is ahell of alot stronger then Thing. Who cares if he has alot of heart. What happened to wolverine when he fought hulk with alot of heart he got brain damaged. So please this is a crush."

If the status quo has been maintained from whem the 1990's OHOTMU were published (Thing lifts 85 tonnes vs Abominations's 100 tonnes), then the Abomination is approx 15% stronger than the Thing. That is reasonably significant.
However, we know that the Thing has had at least 2 power upgrades since then and I am unaware if the Abomination had been upgraded. The gap in strength may therefore be closer.

The Thing is a far superior hand to hand fighter than the Abomination. Although Emile Blonsky had some spy training, it appears that Hand top Hand combat was not a strong skill for him as has been demonstrated throughout his appearances and fights.

The reason that the Thing always loses to the Hulk is that the Hulks strength exceeds that of the Thing as the Hulk gets angry.
In this fight that won't be happening.

The Abomination is far more durable and has the greater endurance but I don't think that it will be the curbstomp protrayed.

The Abomination will win but he will know that he has been in a fight.
#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"zee crusher said:
"lionheart said:
"idk i think he might be able to hold his own against  abomination

thing has heart and fighting skills

thing might also be stronger than abomination

im not saying he would win but still i dont think thing would crushed"

You a thing fanboy or was that and april fools joke?? Abom is ahell of alot stronger then Thing. Who cares if he has alot of heart. What happened to wolverine when he fought hulk with alot of heart he got brain damaged. So please this is a crush."

If the status quo has been maintained from whem the 1990's OHOTMU were published (Thing lifts 85 tonnes vs Abominations's 100 tonnes), then the Abomination is approx 15% stronger than the Thing. That is reasonably significant.
However, we know that the Thing has had at least 2 power upgrades since then and I am unaware if the Abomination had been upgraded. The gap in strength may therefore be closer.

The Thing is a far superior hand to hand fighter than the Abomination. Although Emile Blonsky had some spy training, it appears that Hand top Hand combat was not a strong skill for him as has been demonstrated throughout his appearances and fights.

The reason that the Thing always loses to the Hulk is that the Hulks strength exceeds that of the Thing as the Hulk gets angry.
In this fight that won't be happening.

The Abomination is far more durable and has the greater endurance but I don't think that it will be the curbstomp protrayed.

The Abomination will win but he will know that he has been in a fight."
Last time I checked Abom was twice as strong as hulk the classic one anyways. If Thing worked his way up to 85 tons there is no way in hell thats a 15% difference. This is a crush. Abom will make quick work of thing. Plus the reason Thing always loses to hulk is becaue hulk is stronger and just like gladiator, Thor, and others who have superior fighting ability Thing doesn't use it. What was the point of quoting me???
#16 Edited by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
Last time I checked Abom was twice as strong as hulk the classic one anyways. If Thing worked his way up to 85 tons there is no way in hell thats a 15% difference. This is a crush. Abom will make quick work of thing. Plus the reason Thing always loses to hulk is becaue hulk is stronger and just like gladiator, Thor, and others who have superior fighting ability Thing doesn't use it. What was the point of quoting me???
"
Here are the quotes from the OHOTMU I referenced,

Abomination

STRENGTH LEVEL: The Abomination possesses vast superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 100 tons.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: The Abomination possesses superhuman strength that surpasses that of the Hulk at the Hulk's normal "calm" functional level. But whereas the Hulk has a specially adapted adrenal gland whose secretions trigger the release of far greater amounts of physical strength than that of the Hulk's normal level to correspond to his heightened emotional states, the Abomination does not. Hence, the Abomination's strength does not fluctuate like the Hulk's.


Thing

Strength Level: The Thing possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) 85 tons. The Thing's strength grew considerably over the initial years of his career. At one early point in his life as the Thing, for example, he could only lift (press) 5 tons.


Classic Hulk (Calm)

Strength Level: The Hulk possesses superhuman strength of the Class 100 level, enabling him to lift (press) in excess of 100 tons. The Hulk only attains this strength level when he is enraged. In a totally, calm state his functional strength is significantly less, perhaps in the 80 ton range.


So the difference between the Thing and the Abomination (at the time that this comic was published) was 15 tonnes. Taking the 15 tonnes and dividing it by 100 tonnes (what the Abombinations strength is) gives us an answer of 15%.

The Hulk starts off at a calm strength of approx 80 tonnes, which is lower than the Things strength of 85 tonnes. The Hulk does however have greater durability and endurance even at the start of the fight. What enables the Thing to stay in the fight with the Hulk who is getting stronger all the time is his fighting prowess.

That's why, against a fixed strength Abomination, this won't be a curbstomp.
#17 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Abom will rip off thing's head.  Then the fantastic four is down a number.   ANd they will no longer be the FF they will be the FT.
"
No way they always find a replacement.  They'd still be the FF.
#18 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"zee crusher said:
Last time I checked Abom was twice as strong as hulk the classic one anyways. If Thing worked his way up to 85 tons there is no way in hell thats a 15% difference. This is a crush. Abom will make quick work of thing. Plus the reason Thing always loses to hulk is becaue hulk is stronger and just like gladiator, Thor, and others who have superior fighting ability Thing doesn't use it. What was the point of quoting me???
"
Here are the quotes from the OHOTMU I referenced,

Abomination

STRENGTH LEVEL: The Abomination possesses vast superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 100 tons.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: The Abomination possesses superhuman strength that surpasses that of the Hulk at the Hulk's normal "calm" functional level. But whereas the Hulk has a specially adapted adrenal gland whose secretions trigger the release of far greater amounts of physical strength than that of the Hulk's normal level to correspond to his heightened emotional states, the Abomination does not. Hence, the Abomination's strength does not fluctuate like the Hulk's.


Thing

Strength Level: The Thing possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) 85 tons. The Thing's strength grew considerably over the initial years of his career. At one early point in his life as the Thing, for example, he could only lift (press) 5 tons.


Classic Hulk (Calm)

Strength Level: The Hulk possesses superhuman strength of the Class 100 level, enabling him to lift (press) in excess of 100 tons. The Hulk only attains this strength level when he is enraged. In a totally, calm state his functional strength is significantly less, perhaps in the 80 ton range.


So the difference between the Thing and the Abomination (at the time that this comic was published) was 15 tonnes. Taking the 15 tonnes and dividing it by 100 tonnes (what the Abombinations strength is) gives us an answer of 15%.

The Hulk starts off at a calm strength of approx 80 tonnes, which is lower than the Things strength of 85 tonnes. The Hulk does however have greater durability and endurance even at the start of the fight. What enables the Thing to stay in the fight with the Hulk who is getting stronger all the time is his fighting prowess.

That's why, against a fixed strength Abomination, this won't be a curbstomp."

Yeah but I was referring to the classic abomination. Which would mean he lifts about 160 tons then comparing him to calm hulk. Also for thing he use to lift 3 tons when he first became thing he had to work his way up there. Also the type of huk things fights usually isn't a calm hulk just incase you haven't notice. Usually a savage or a mindless hulk.
#19 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"zee crusher said:
Last time I checked Abom was twice as strong as hulk the classic one anyways. If Thing worked his way up to 85 tons there is no way in hell thats a 15% difference. This is a crush. Abom will make quick work of thing. Plus the reason Thing always loses to hulk is becaue hulk is stronger and just like gladiator, Thor, and others who have superior fighting ability Thing doesn't use it. What was the point of quoting me???
"
Here are the quotes from the OHOTMU I referenced,

Abomination

STRENGTH LEVEL: The Abomination possesses vast superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 100 tons.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: The Abomination possesses superhuman strength that surpasses that of the Hulk at the Hulk's normal "calm" functional level. But whereas the Hulk has a specially adapted adrenal gland whose secretions trigger the release of far greater amounts of physical strength than that of the Hulk's normal level to correspond to his heightened emotional states, the Abomination does not. Hence, the Abomination's strength does not fluctuate like the Hulk's.


Thing

Strength Level: The Thing possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) 85 tons. The Thing's strength grew considerably over the initial years of his career. At one early point in his life as the Thing, for example, he could only lift (press) 5 tons.


Classic Hulk (Calm)

Strength Level: The Hulk possesses superhuman strength of the Class 100 level, enabling him to lift (press) in excess of 100 tons. The Hulk only attains this strength level when he is enraged. In a totally, calm state his functional strength is significantly less, perhaps in the 80 ton range.


So the difference between the Thing and the Abomination (at the time that this comic was published) was 15 tonnes. Taking the 15 tonnes and dividing it by 100 tonnes (what the Abombinations strength is) gives us an answer of 15%.

The Hulk starts off at a calm strength of approx 80 tonnes, which is lower than the Things strength of 85 tonnes. The Hulk does however have greater durability and endurance even at the start of the fight. What enables the Thing to stay in the fight with the Hulk who is getting stronger all the time is his fighting prowess.

That's why, against a fixed strength Abomination, this won't be a curbstomp."
We are talking about TWO fixed strengths Abomination and thing, and Abomination is above Thing strengthwise.
#20 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
We are talking about TWO fixed strengths Abomination and thing, and Abomination is above Thing strengthwise.
"

I agree, however it would appear that the Thing (like many other heores) has gone through further mutation over the years and this may have increased his strength. I am unaware if the Abomination has similarly increased in strength.
#21 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

cant be since he's dead lol

#22 Edited by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:

Yeah but I was referring to the classic abomination. Which would mean he lifts about 160 tons then comparing him to calm hulk. Also for thing he use to lift 3 tons when he first became thing he had to work his way up there. Also the type of huk things fights usually isn't a calm hulk just incase you haven't notice. Usually a savage or a mindless hulk."
The quote was for the Classic Abomination. The one that was Emil Blonsky. The figures shown are for his strength level as it was consistently shown to be (after his power loss that happened after his first battle).

Where do you get your 160 tonne figure from ?

The Thing began life lifting 5 tonnes - it's shown in the text I entered above. The reason he increased in strength was due mostly to further mutation.

Whenever most people encounter the Hulk for a fight, he has usually just transformed from Banner or they run accross the Hulk. Either way he is calm. Classic Hulk also drops in strength rapidly as be can become calm quite quickly. When the source of his anger is removed, he calms down.
#23 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"cant be since he's dead lol
"
Good point. Perhaps I should I said "I am unaware if the Abomination underwent any strength increases prior to his death".
#24 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

If im not wrong The Thing is class 100 now; However, is not likely that he would win if wetake into account the estatistics in his fights agaisnt Hulk, who has lost to Abomintation. Since Thing is a much better fighter in my opinon i'd say he wins  2 times out of 10, but Abomintation would be the overall winner.


zzzzzzzzzz

#25 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"zee crusher said:

Yeah but I was referring to the classic abomination. Which would mean he lifts about 160 tons then comparing him to calm hulk. Also for thing he use to lift 3 tons when he first became thing he had to work his way up there. Also the type of huk things fights usually isn't a calm hulk just incase you haven't notice. Usually a savage or a mindless hulk."
The quote was for the Classic Abomination. The one that was Emil Blonsky. The figures shown are for his strength level as it was consistently shown to be (after his power loss that happened after his first battle).

Where do you get your 160 tonne figure from ?

The Thing began life lifting 5 tonnes - it's shown in the text I entered above. The reason he increased in strength was due mostly to further mutation.

Whenever most people encounter the Hulk for a fight, he has usually just transformed from Banner or they run accross the Hulk. Either way he is calm. Classic Hulk also drops in strength rapidly as be can become calm quite quickly. When the source of his anger is removed, he calms down.
"
Classic abomination is suppose to be twice as strong as hulk. If the hulk over there you say is 80 tons and abomination is twice as strong it kind of tells you he's at 160 tons. When ever thing fights hulk he has already been angry which means he's isn't calm at all. When he's calm he's about prof.
#26 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio
Unbelonger said:
"If im not wrong The Thing is class 100 now; However, is not likely that he would win if wetake into account the estatistics in his fights agaisnt Hulk, who has lost to Abomintation. Since Thing is a much better fighter in my opinon i'd say he wins  2 times out of 10, but Abomintation would be the overall winner.


zzzzzzzzzz"
Please list the feats that put the Thing at Class 100.  Because He's not near that level.
#27 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
Classic abomination is suppose to be twice as strong as hulk. If the hulk over there you say is 80 tons and abomination is twice as strong it kind of tells you he's at 160 tons. When ever thing fights hulk he has already been angry which means he's isn't calm at all. When he's calm he's about prof.
"
Where has it ever said that classic Abomination is supposed to be twice as strong as a calm Hulk ?

You've seem official Marvel figures above for the Abomination vs a calm Hulks strength. Do you now say that they are wrong ?
#28 Edited by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"zee crusher said:
Classic abomination is suppose to be twice as strong as hulk. If the hulk over there you say is 80 tons and abomination is twice as strong it kind of tells you he's at 160 tons. When ever thing fights hulk he has already been angry which means he's isn't calm at all. When he's calm he's about prof.
"
Where has it ever said that classic Abomination is supposed to be twice as strong as a calm Hulk ?

You've seem official Marvel figures above for the Abomination vs a calm Hulks strength. Do you now say that they are wrong ?
"

He aint 2 times as strong as Hulk but his base level is maybe the Strongest in Marvel top tiers, which means when they start the fight Abomination is stronger than savage Hulk, after a while  Savage Hulk is much stronger. And he did beat the Hulk a few times but Hulk's record is way better better in the head to head match up. So that being said Things stamina will allow him to last a little while in this fight but after that he better call for help, cuz thing aint even as strong as Ms marvel. Thing is about a class 70 strength so he would lose this fight.

oh and for the record Abomination hasn't proven to be near the strength levels of a WWHulk, Mindless Hulk, or Bannerless Hulk. He can't even match an enraged Savage Hulk.
#29 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"the creator said:
"zee crusher said:
Classic abomination is suppose to be twice as strong as hulk. If the hulk over there you say is 80 tons and abomination is twice as strong it kind of tells you he's at 160 tons. When ever thing fights hulk he has already been angry which means he's isn't calm at all. When he's calm he's about prof.
"
Where has it ever said that classic Abomination is supposed to be twice as strong as a calm Hulk ?

You've seem official Marvel figures above for the Abomination vs a calm Hulks strength. Do you now say that they are wrong ?
"

He aint 2 times as strong as Hulk but his base level is maybe the Strongest in Marvel top tiers, which means when they start the fight Abomination is stronger than savage Hulk, after a while  Savage Hulk is much stronger. And he did beat the Hulk a few times but Hulk's record is way better better in the head to head match up. So that being said Things stamina will allow him to last a little while in this fight but after that he better call for help, cuz thing aint even as strong as Ms marvel. Thing is about a class 70 strength so he would lose this fight.

oh and for the record Abomination hasn't proven to be near the strength levels of a WWHulk, Mindless Hulk, or Bannerless Hulk. He can't even match an enraged Savage Hulk."
He did kill an enraged savage hulk.  Back when he was cool and had none of this long complicated Nadia bull crap.   Plus Abomination has never fought WWHulk, I don't think he's fought the other two either.    Also can marvel explain how Abomination steadily became stronger and more reptillian over the years when I don't think I recall him getting a power boost of any sort?  He did regain power due to the Galaxy master thingy.   But after that I don't recall him being exposed to further radiation.    

Though I do know one hulk villain hulk can never directly defeat.  Glob, he always beats the living hell out of hulk no matter how strong hulk gets.    And that makes me very very happy.   :)


#30 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

When Abomination first came out and fought hulk who was already hulk he literally beat the hell out of him. Hulk didn't even land a single blow on the first fight and got layed out. Later on hulk woke up and the government people had to show abomination with a ray that would sap a hell of alot of his strength and hulk finally beat him. After that moment hulk hasn't really done as bad and abomination started to suck.

So I don't know why I wasted time debating with creator but Abomination was stronger then hulk and would kick the things ass.

#31 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this fight is using the Abominations current strength (prior to his death), his initial strength when he transformed in to his monstrous form does not matter.


#32 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with the Thing here.The Thing is an excellent wrestler and a fairly good boxer and he's just as strong as Abomination.I think Abominaton might be a little smarter than the Thing,but not enough that it would be a major factor.

Moderator
#33 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Thing here. I feel Thing is the better fighter. I doubt that Abomination is that much smarter in battle then Thing is though.

#34 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm.....

#35 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

i am going with the thing

#36 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination.

#37 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

abomination
but then agin the thing might have an chance

#38 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing has heart and a great h2h fighter using wrestling moves..

#39 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio

abomination rapes the thing

#40 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

i think either one would win

#41 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i think bloodlusted thing can get him in a grappling move for an arm break or neck snap..

#42 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah that can happen

#43 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"yeah that can happen"
a lot of things can happen
#44 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio
lionheart said:
"claws said:
"yeah that can happen"
a lot of things can happen"

what do u mean
#45 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
castleking said:
"the thing has heart and a great h2h fighter using wrestling moves.."
All the wrestling moves in the world don't matter to a guy who is more than twice as strong as you.
#46 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think he is twice as strong any more, the thing is a 100+ guy now and strength is not an issue what so ever in wrestling/grappling its speed and ability and willingless to apply certain moves..

io should know since i have had to sparr ppl twice my weigh class when i was a kid.. and in the marines was the same thing they make you grapple ppl twice your build in M.C.M.A.P. training.. i won some and lost some but it wasnt because of strength alone.

#48 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing is far from getting raped.. he aint no pansy or a sally to allow that.

he may lose but not raped he goes down like a champ.

fighting dirty, punch to the lumbunza and a ear bite.

that is if he loses  i dont thing he will.

#49 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

 Abomination would murder thing evne if thing is class 100 classic abomb is class 200 and has whooped an enraged hulk 2 or 3 times until lhe made him almost blow up with anger. 
 
p.s bold ftw

 

#50 Posted by Tone702 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination 7/10