The Thing (John Carpenter's The Thing) vs Necromorph (Dead Space)

CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CortSether

The Thing virus crashes on a planet and starts infecting the life on it, meanwhile, the USG Ishimura that had the Necromorphs on it crash lands onto the same planet and start infecting life on it as well. The Necromorphs meet with The Thing monsters and they are NOT friendly to each other.

Who wins?

Dead Space Necromorphs

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

vs

The Thing Monsters

Blair Monster

No Caption Provided

and that's the only image I could find, but if you have seen the Thing you know what I'm talking about. The video game had a bunch of boss monsters too.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Apparition

tie

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lantern Prime
@CortSether said:
"The Thing virus crashes on a planet and starts infecting the life on it, meanwhile, the USG Ishimura that had the Necromorphs on it crash lands onto the same planet and start infecting life on it as well. The Necromorphs meet with The Thing monsters and they are NOT friendly to each other.

Who wins?

Dead Space Necromorphs

Slasher                                                    
No Caption Provided
                   Brute                                         Divider                                          Guardian (instant decapitation)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Infector                                                     Exploder                                        Hunter (regenerates)                         Hive Mind (mother necro)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Twitcher (super fast)                        Pregnant (babies pop out of stomach)                                                                        Lurker
                                                                                                                                   Leaper                                                               

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

vs

The Thing Monsters

Blair Monster

No Caption Provided

and that's the only image I could find, but if you have seen the Thing you know what I'm talking about. The video game had a bunch of boss monsters too.

"

Wait which one was Blair?
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition
@Lantern Prime said:
" @CortSether said:
"The Thing virus crashes on a planet and starts infecting the life on it, meanwhile, the USG Ishimura that had the Necromorphs on it crash lands onto the same planet and start infecting life on it as well. The Necromorphs meet with The Thing monsters and they are NOT friendly to each other.

Who wins?

Dead Space Necromorphs

Slasher                                                    
No Caption Provided
                   Brute                                         Divider                                          Guardian (instant decapitation)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Infector                                                     Exploder                                        Hunter (regenerates)                         Hive Mind (mother necro)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Twitcher (super fast)                        Pregnant (babies pop out of stomach)                                                                        Lurker
                                                                                                                                   Leaper                                                               

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

vs

The Thing Monsters

Blair Monster

No Caption Provided

"
Wait which one was Blair? "
the short one with the glasses
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Apparition said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @CortSether said:

Who wins?

Dead Space Necromorphs

Slasher                                                    
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Leaper                                                               

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vs

The Thing Monsters

Blair Monster

No Caption Provided

"
Wait which one was Blair? "
the short one with the glasses"

You know what i never saw the beginning I always saw it when it that scene in which they didn't know who it was that took blood samples and all the way to the end.
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Apparition

oh well you should go back and watch the whole thing.  its a good movie

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Apparition said:
"oh well you should go back and watch the whole thing.  its a good movie"

I know its a good film. Not knowing what happend in the beginng and yet its still the most scrariest movies of all time.
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Apparition
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Apparition said:
"oh well you should go back and watch the whole thing.  its a good movie"
I know its a good film. Not knowing what happend in the beginng and yet its still the most scrariest movies of all time. "
definitely
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
these are some Ugly Ass Futhermuckas  !

and that movie The Thing used to scare the sh!t out of me when I was a little boy...
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lantern Prime
@King Saturn said:
"these are some Ugly Ass Futhermuckas  !

and that movie The Thing used to scare the sh!t out of me when I was a little boy...
"

It still scares tha shi out of me to this day!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
It still scares tha shi out of me to this day! "
ha ha ha

Man that scene where those guys were tied down in the chairs when they were trying to see who had the Monster in them was sick...
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Sparda

Wouldn't they both just sort of keep on dying/infecting eachother until there's some sort of hideous, horrible, planet-threatening hybrid left that mankind would have to ban together to nuke the hell out of?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
@Sparda said:
" Wouldn't they both just sort of keep on dying/infecting eachother until there's some sort of hideous, horrible, planet-threatening hybrid left that mankind would have to ban together to nuke the hell out of? "
more than likely
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lantern Prime
@King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
It still scares tha shi out of me to this day! "
ha ha ha

Man that scene where those guys were tied down in the chairs when they were trying to see who had the Monster in them was sick...
"

Yeah

Can some one tell me something? So the Thing can actually infect you if it touches or how does it work because I never seen  the beginning. I know it eats u and it can assume your form but what else?
entity22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By entity22

thing wins because all the separate living cell

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing infects on a microscopic level.  
In the movie it snaked tentacles through your body and converted people all at once. It was doing that because it was the fastest way to convert a human into THING cells, but it could do the same with a single cell infecting your body. It would just probably take a week or so, and the person being infected would probably die at some point and give away the infection process.

Necromorph's infect through the use of infector monsters. The ones that sort of look like bats. They fly up and jam a stinger in the head and then you transform. 

The thing can infect from microscopic spores, so it is much more contageous. It will consume the necromorphs. Necroporphs can't keep up with the THING. This is probably the most infectious creature fo this kind that i have seen, even beating out the flood.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hellos
@Fortified_Hooligan said:

"The thing infects on a microscopic level.  In the movie it snaked tentacles through your body and converted people all at once. It was doing that because it was the fastest way to convert a human into THING cells, but it could do the same with a single cell infecting your body. It would just probably take a week or so, and the person being infected would probably die at some point and give away the infection process. Necromorph's infect through the use of infector monsters. The ones that sort of look like bats. They fly up and jam a stinger in the head and then you transform.  The thing can infect from microscopic spores, so it is much more contageous. It will consume the necromorphs. Necroporphs can't keep up with the THING. This is probably the most infectious creature fo this kind that i have seen, even beating out the flood. "

Infectors aren't the only thing that can create a necromorph, whatever that microbe that was from the marker + dead cells = necromorph. 

The scientist guy just had a few flakes of dead skin and bamo necromorphed shortely after!
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yeah, the original infection. 

What happened with that again? They decoded the marker, like in contact and species, then what, did someone inject it in somebody else? I don't remember. I know that two scientists were infected and one of them turned into an infector... 

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Ruvik_

the thing

tedtvinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tedtvinc

My guess is that a hybrid would evolve as stated earlier. Every part of the thing can infect any living creature even if the infection starts from an eyelash from a thing doppelgänger. Necromorphs appear to be the same. The marker was designed by ancient aliens to combat the virus causing necromorphs. It's conceivable that the thing would copy many of the necromorphs until all became a part of the thing collective. Necromorphs need, apparently, a supply of sentient beings. Once all of them are dead, then what? The thing just keeps modifying, morphing & manipulating the necromorph genetic material. The thing prequel eluded to the fact that the thing was sentient since it powered the ship. It could get tired of necromorph manipulation, build or repair a ship, and take off to find another planet with life to infect, all the while possibly carrying the necromorph virus or maybe not at all and killing the necromorph virus on a subatomic level. A thin victory to the thing on this one. Better match up is the thing vs. zombies. Can the thing cells duplicate dead flesh.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Nerx

The thing would infest the necromorphs

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Strider1992

@Sparda said:

Wouldn't they both just sort of keep on dying/infecting eachother until there's some sort of hideous, horrible, planet-threatening hybrid left that mankind would have to ban together to nuke the hell out of?

I see this happening!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

Wtf are these ugly a$$ looking stuff?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@jeanroygrant: Necromorphs from the Dead Space franchise. They are Alien parasites who reanimated dead organic material (1st game is actually pretty scary)

Crash5396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crash5396

I say Necromorphs. The Thing is a single organism that can manipulate it's cells to adjust to any situation. So it can act like a virus, but is not a virus. The Necromorph pathogen is a virus that is made to infect dead or dormant cells. This means that the Necromorph virus can kill and infect the Thing, it may take a while but the Thing will die and become a new breed to the Necromorph horde.

Avatar image for thegoddamnmasterchief
TheGoddamnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing wins. It spreads much, much faster and it can infect any form of organic tissue, living or dead. Now, the Necromorphs could win if they can mindrape it, but if they can't then they have no way to stop it.

I say Necromorphs. The Thing is a single organism that can manipulate it's cells to adjust to any situation. So it can act like a virus, but is not a virus. The Necromorph pathogen is a virus that is made to infect dead or dormant cells. This means that the Necromorph virus can kill and infect the Thing, it may take a while but the Thing will die and become a new breed to the Necromorph horde.

Yeah, good luck killing the Thing that survives being set on fire and being blown right the heck apart when all you have is claws and stuff.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on if they had every Necromorph from the game then the Leviathan could beat it. But the Necros would spread much faster as the Marker would cause life alien or otherwise to basically become a unitologist and die massively while the thing was more person to person the necros spread just as fast in a higher quantity based upon everything the Marker can do. also if the marker is given free reign wouldnt a blood moon be created?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a standard fight it would be super necros> thing things > necros with the thing pulling ahead because it's average troops would be better.

In the long term fight it would be an inevitable win for the necros as the thing cannot convert rotting flesh, the marker drives mad/converts and those ever growing fleshy walls weren't just for show, they pump poison into the air eventually killing all life.

DeusExMachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DeusExMachina

I find it funny how people are assuming that the Thing couldn't convert dead cells. It has never been stated ANYWHERE that the Thing can't do that. Pretty much evey source states that the Thing can convert normal cells into Thing cells, and without evidence to indicate the actual specifics of what this means, I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet that it doesn't matter whether the converted cells are living, dead, or even organic for all we know.

When it comes down to it, we know very little– if anything– about the Thing and it's true capabilities, such as how fast it can infect and convert other organisms, how it's alien biology works, or even how far it can spread itself. The same can be said about the Necromorphs to some extent as well.

Ultimately it comes down to two factors:

1. When it comes to sheer efficiency, the Thing has this. We don't know a lot about it, but it has shown itself to be something akin to an ultimate lifeform– an apex predatory/parasitic organism capable of controlling every part it itself down to a microscopic level, not to mention adapting to pretty much every situation thrown at it. Every single cell is a whole, seemingly capable of functioning and operating individually or as part of a collective whole, and each seeming to display traits similar to a virus. On top of all this, it has shown itself to be fully sentient, even down to small pieces of itself.

2. Necromorphs are very similar, but seem to be less efficient on an individual basis. The Necromorph infection seems to work in a similar fashion as that of the Thing cells, but it is clear that they at the very least require organic cells to convert (we don't know for sure if the Thing is organic or inorganic). However, unlike the Thing, the Necromorphs have sheer numbers on their side.

In summation, the Thing may very well be capable of infecting the Necromorphs, but there are more Necromorphs than the Thing will likely be able to effectively keep up with. On the flip side, the Necromorphs may or may not be able to infect the Thing, but even if they could, the Thing's extraordinary adaptability coupled with its own conventions of Necromorphs will more likely than not render it effectively immune to them.

What you'd end up with is is a stalemate, in which both sides perpetually infest each other on a microscopic scale.

sanafras88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would"nt they work together by inter-infecting each other

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
SolomonTheNotSoWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The thing creature fights with individual cells It will likely win out eventually.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My kind of thread! Horror!

The Thing ftw