• 0 results
#1 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

I have misgivings about making a thread with so many characters, but here goes....

The Supermen are: Majestic, Orion, Hank Henshaw, Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom

Round 1: Irascible Indies

The Seven
Invincible
Thragg
Max Damage (at his highest recorded strength and durability)

Round 2: Bestial Brutes

Skaar
Lobo
Doomsday
Maul
Colossanaut
Worldbreaker Hulk

Round 3: Fatal Femmes

Power Girl
Bleez
Circe
Binary
Maxima
Genocide

Round 4: Magical Maniacs

Ghost Rider (Blaze)
Dr. Fate (Hall)
Alan Scott
Beta Ray Bill
Wonder Woman
Thor

Round 5: Angsty Archenemies

Helspont
Darkseid
Superman Blue
Despero
Major Force

Round 6:

Rules

All contestants have regular morals, except for Rounds 5 and 6 where the Supermen's opponents have no morals.

Standard rules of elimination apply.

All DC/Wildstorm characters are pre-Flashpoint.

The Supermen are fully healed at the end of a successful round. They have agreed to work together, so no conflicts about Henshaw being on their team. Same goes for their opponents.

And........go.

#2 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if they get past 2... and lol... is that Fantomex at round 6? I was shocked xD

#3 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

I don't know if they get past 2... and lol... is that Fantomex at round 6? I was shocked xD

Round 2? They should get past that easily considering that Lobo and Doomsday are the only ones capable of keeping up in terms of speed. And yup, Fantomex. Bloodlusted. Not joking. Can they beat him?

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

...Couldn't they just blitz the French illusionist? He has some decent reaction feats, but....

#5 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

...Couldn't they just blitz the French illusionist? He has some decent reaction feats, but....

They're in character.

I'd have tossed in Tao too, but that would be spite.

#6 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Come to think of it... fantomex maybe a trouble... Jonn is the only one capable of fighting his misdirection...

#7 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

He's not French I believe... he just talks in a French manner IIRC.

#8 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Illuminatus said:

He's not French I believe... he just talks in a French manner IIRC.

He adopted a French identity for himself.

#9 Posted by terry2012 (5218 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 4,5 and 6 are going to be the though ones. It may stop at 5.

#10 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Ohh... He's really one mysterious fella ain't he?

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Who's number six?

Fantomex

#11 Edited by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at Fantomex. they kill him before he can think

anyway stops at 5

#12 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

anyway stops at 5 if it's pre-reboot darkseid

The team has morals... and Fantomex will deal a lot of trouble with his misdirections... The team might even lose.

But yeah, it stops at 5

#13 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@CitizenBane: Ohh... He's really one mysterious fella ain't he?

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Who's number six?

Fantomex

Tad bit late there.

#14 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex: Hahahahaha sorry xD

#15 Edited by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@mrtrickster said:

anyway stops at 5 if it's pre-reboot darkseid

The team has morals... and Fantomex will deal a lot of trouble with his misdirections... The team might even lose.

But yeah, it stops at 5

again, he gets killed or knocked out before he can think. at their speed level, he can't even see most of the team's movements, let alone misdirects them.

#16 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

Hrm. They make it to five, but Darkseid and Despero are trouble. I say they stop there, but its a close, close thing.

#17 Edited by beatboks1 (7233 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say they struggle at 4 TBO. Does current captain Atom (pictured) still have the immunity to magic ? Shouldn't matter BRB, WW and Thor are more than capable of handling him physically and taking what damage he can dish out. GR with penance stare is going to take both Hank Henshaw and Orion with their somewhat darker natures (and the combined level of pain they've caused others). Fate and Alan should be more than capable BFRing either MM or Majestic while they take out the other, and then return whichever to finish that one too. No way is Atom standing long against all of them when the others are done.

#18 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: The Atom that is pictured is from Armageddon, but I'm using the version of Atom from just before Flashpoint. He was stated to be impervious to magic during his backup feature in Action Comics, and I don't remember anything that changed that.

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. I can see them just making it to Round 5.

#20 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

But yeah, it stops at 5

@Lady_Liberty said:

Hrm. They make it to five, but Darkseid and Despero are trouble. I say they stop there, but its a close, close thing.

@beatboks1 said:

I'd say they struggle at 4 TBO.

@ReVamp said:

See, no one thinks they can make it past Fantomex.

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

...That might have something to do with the order.

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Fantomex solos.
#23 Posted by beatboks1 (7233 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@beatboks1: The Atom that is pictured is from Armageddon, but I'm using the version of Atom from just before Flashpoint. He was stated to be impervious to magic during his backup feature in Action Comics, and I don't remember anything that changed that.

Then I stand by what I said. the three that i've said will go up against him each have the physically capability of going at him without using their "magic". He might take one but not all three. and once the other three join in that will have the added physical attack of Alan's constructs, and Fate controlling the elements (which in and of themselves aren't magic it would just be magic controlling them). Not to mention at this point that either Alan or Fate could mystically heal any damage that their team mates had sustained so far meaning that Atom would be facing three fresh powerhouses while he himself would have suffered some damage.

#24 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally I'd say Doomsday would kill them in round 2, but Captain Atom could probably just BFR him (the same goes for Lobo).
They may stop at 4, that's a lot of magical power that team has (especially if Blaze allows Zarathos to take him over fully).
They may also stop at 5, quite a bit of power on that team too.
And why is Fantomex the last round? He'd get ripped to pieces before he can blink.

#25 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

If they are allowed BFR then they stop at 5.

Without it I see them stopping at 4.

#26 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

They are allowed BFR. Standard rules of elimination.

#27 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

Normally I'd say Doomsday would kill them in round 2,

Doomsday was killed by Majestic, Superman and Apollo in a crossover that is canon for Wildstorm. I don't see why these 5 can't easily replicate that, this is not H/P Doomsday.

#28 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

Doomsday was killed by Majestic, Superman and Apollo in a crossover that is canon for Wildstorm. I don't see why these 5 can't easily replicate that, this is not H/P Doomsday.

Well, there were plenty of wrong things in the fights in that crossover (I still love you, Keith Giffen), and that fight is no exception. Majestic should solo Doomsday.
#29 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

Okay then. I wasn't sure what version of Doomsday it was, I assumed it was H/P.
#30 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

Well, there were plenty of wrong things in the fights in that crossover (I still love you, Keith Giffen), and that fight is no exception. Majestic should solo Doomsday.

Majestic should logically solo Doomsday until you take the latter's plot powers into account. He'd manifest anti-Kheran breath or something equally idiotic.

#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: That cannot be argued.
#32 Edited by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Barely gets past round 5.

Reasons:

Mr. Majestic>>>>Helspont(by a small margin)

Orion<<<<Darkseid

Hank Henshaw>>>Superman Blue

Martian Manhunter <<<Despero(despero's telepathy surpasses martian manhunter's)

Captain Atom>>>>Major Force

But round 6, Fantomex solos.

#33 Posted by TheCannon (18745 posts) - - Show Bio

Goes to draw in round four.

#34 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

Have troubles at 4, but I'd say they clear it.

#35 Posted by celestialheroin (349 posts) - - Show Bio

There is so much power on Round 5,i don't know if they can take that.And round 6 i did not know Fantomex was that strong for people to say he could handle the supermen.Oh and id like to add that Darkseid's design for the New 52 in that picture is beauty.

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

#37 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else have an opinion?

#38 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at Fantomex. Stops at 4 or 5.

#39 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll think about later, like the thread, but for now, I've seen that picture of Orion before but I don't know where it's from. Help?

#40 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

#42 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they make it to round 4. The big issue I see is MM might be able to Mind Control Thor. Ghost Rider is way out of his league in almost every way, but if BRB can pin any of them then Ghost Rider would be able to stop them. Hank can be penanced stared I'd think. However, I think round 4 has what it takes to put them down. I think this is where it'll be an even fight.

Round 5 I think is the breaking point where they will lose more often than win, so I'll put that as the absolute stopping point.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Edited by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the Supermen BFR round 2, I say they can make it up to Darkseid and friends, then fall.

EDIT: I had a brainfart.

#44 Posted by Nefarious (20385 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say they stop at Round 4.

#45 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind that the Supermen could gain an additional member in Round 4 if Henshaw takes control of Bill.

#46 Posted by Killemall (18580 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless speedblitz is on, which is not in character, they stop at 4. Its hard to fight a powerful magic user.

#47 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

scrolling down to see fantomex was such a disappointment lol.

They probably can't make it past round 4. If they do it'll be because of Captain Atom and J'onn. But it definitely stops at round 5.

#48 Edited by DCB4Marvel (74 posts) - - Show Bio

round 4 could be the stopping point

op's really need to start specifying what equipment ppl get

#49 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

They stop at five....

#50 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is really the tipping scale...