• 79 results
#1 Edited by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out which earth green lantern is stronger. in a fight in space to find out who will be the one and only GL of earth who wins?

#2 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really hard to tell acutally... x_X

/CG

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Last I heard, Hal Jordan had the greatest quantity of willpower, with Kyle in second, and John Stewart in third. That's just me, though.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

he has a 'unique' connection to the emerald power, this has been noted several times, most recently in Emerald Legacy...

though that said, Kyle stood upto Hal as Parallax and survived a few times, something noone else can claim...

M

#5 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

ION

#6 Posted by Soviet Black (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#7 Posted by Soviet Black (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac1.0 says:

"ION"

Sodat Yat or Kyle

#8 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm for John. He was a military man...he's number 1 in my book

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan. Not only for the reasons Methos has stated but Hal Jordan has put both Batman and Superman on their azzes.

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

let me list the reasons i like Kyle...

To me, Kyle's most defining characteristic was his complete unwillingness to give up.

1. When Parallax beat the ever living crap out of the entire DCU, then Kyle is left to fight him alone on Oa, Kyle might not be able to beat him in a fight, but he destroyed a planet (which he didn't expect to survive the explosion of) to stop Hal's plan.

2. In Parallax View Hal just beat Kyle half to death across the city, took his ring, then beat the entire JLA and Superman, Kyle goes after him with a lead pipe because he's not dead yet and he's not going to give up.

3. In the Obsidian Age he willingly lets a Manitou Raven rip out his heart, because that's the only way to win.

4. In Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Parallax when all else fails he stabs Parallax in the eye with a friggin pencil.

5. Being Green Lantern has brought Kyle a lot of pain, he's lost a lot of loved ones... but he never freaking gives up.

Is Hal a better GL? Yes.

Is John smarter than Kyle and just as skilled artistically? Yes.

Is Guy tougher and more badass than Kyle? Yes.

But Kyle will never ever give up, he will fight to the bitter end, no matter what it takes.

Not to say Kyle isn't a damn good Lantern. He's had combat training from Donna Troy, and Orion... Gods taught him how to fight, for a time he was a GOD, and he willingly gave that up... That's willpower that can't be beat!

M

#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan single-handedly took down the Justice League by himself... That's gotta count for something...

#12 Posted by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that while Hal is the stronger GL, Kyle is the better Hero and GL. John comes a close second to both.

I want to say John, since he's my favourite lantern, but Kyle is just a better Hero.
Post Edited:2008-04-22 01:30:44

#13 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked John best. Hal is undoubtedly the strongest though.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Anderson says:

"I've always liked John best. Hal is undoubtedly the strongest though."

You know, it's funny, because I didn't know there was a black Green Lantern until JL came out on Cartoon Network.

#15 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"I've always liked John best. Hal is undoubtedly the strongest though."

You know, it's funny, because I didn't know there was a black Green Lantern until JL came out on Cartoon Network."

I feel u static i only know of hal and klye until the show came out.

#16 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Hal Jordan single-handedly took down the Justice League by himself... That's gotta count for something... "

cool hal jordan owning sups, hal jordan is the stronger lantern.

#17 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

willpower alone - Hal Jordan

Imagination - Kyle Rayner

Attention to small details (and thus weaknesses) - John Stewart

most unpredictable - Guy Gardner.

But Hal would probably persevere through each one of the others, because he never gives up.
Post Edited:2008-04-22 11:19:00

#18 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"let me list the reasons i like Kyle... To me, Kyle's most defining characteristic was his complete unwillingness to give up. 1. When Parallax beat the ever living crap out of the entire DCU, then Kyle is left to fight him alone on Oa, Kyle might not be able to beat him in a fight, but he destroyed a planet (which he didn't expect to survive the explosion of) to stop Hal's plan. 2. In Parallax View Hal just beat Kyle half to death across the city, took his ring, then beat the entire JLA and Superman, Kyle goes after him with a lead pipe because he's not dead yet and he's not going to give up. 3. In the Obsidian Age he willingly lets a Manitou Raven rip out his heart, because that's the only way to win. 4. In Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Parallax when all else fails he stabs Parallax in the eye with a friggin pencil. 5. Being Green Lantern has brought Kyle a lot of pain, he's lost a lot of loved ones... but he never freaking gives up. Is Hal a better GL? Yes. Is John smarter than Kyle and just as skilled artistically? Yes. Is Guy tougher and more badass than Kyle? Yes. But Kyle will never ever give up, he will fight to the bitter end, no matter what it takes. Not to say Kyle isn't a damn good Lantern. He's had combat training from Donna Troy, and Orion... Gods taught him how to fight, for a time he was a GOD, and he willingly gave that up... That's willpower that can't be beat! M"

now i wanna read more GL dammit i wish i was home

#19 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about who has the strongest will power. Personally my fave is John Stewart and I'd put him on levels of best willpower in one of the more recent issues of GL Corps John had enough willpower to recreate an entire planet but his ring wasn't powerful enough to create it. Also willpower feat he was almost sliced in half in Trial by Fire and still managed to teleport across half the universe. Plus Hal in that picture was parralax at the time with the GL ring so he was quite a bit more powerful than a standard GL.

#20 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle hes the best of the best. He's pretty good using the gl ring. He's like the real main reason why I would want one lol.

#21 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and John is the best flyer in the corps AND was the first mortal guardian of the universe! :D

#22 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is my vote for being the best GL from Earth.

#23 Edited by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I think John stewert is the one who would come out on top in this one.

#24 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal.

#26 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle would win hes the chosen one the hope of the whole corps

Hal may be better
Kyle is the soul

#27 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them are equal are close to it

Hal- has the most willpower

John-has the most skill and is the best fighter

Kyle-has the most potential

Guy - is the most ruthless
all of them are shoulder to shoulder in the other catagories as well. If i had to pick one id say Hal cuz he was first to be written in books and he edges the other three in willpower. But the strongest GLs are Alan Scott and Sodom Yat.  

#28 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

SeSAW beat me to it. I was about to say that the most powerful of Earth's Green Lanterns is the original GL Alan Scott.

Methos said:

"

let me list the reasons i like Kyle...

To me, Kyle's most defining characteristic was his complete unwillingness to give up.

1. When Parallax beat the ever living crap out of the entire DCU, then Kyle is left to fight him alone on Oa, Kyle might not be able to beat him in a fight, but he destroyed a planet (which he didn't expect to survive the explosion of) to stop Hal's plan.

2. In Parallax View Hal just beat Kyle half to death across the city, took his ring, then beat the entire JLA and Superman, Kyle goes after him with a lead pipe because he's not dead yet and he's not going to give up.

3. In the Obsidian Age he willingly lets a Manitou Raven rip out his heart, because that's the only way to win.

4. In Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Parallax when all else fails he stabs Parallax in the eye with a friggin pencil.

5. Being Green Lantern has brought Kyle a lot of pain, he's lost a lot of loved ones... but he never freaking gives up.

Is Hal a better GL? Yes.

Is John smarter than Kyle and just as skilled artistically? Yes.

Is Guy tougher and more badass than Kyle? Yes.

But Kyle will never ever give up, he will fight to the bitter end, no matter what it takes.

Not to say Kyle isn't a damn good Lantern. He's had combat training from Donna Troy, and Orion... Gods taught him how to fight, for a time he was a GOD, and he willingly gave that up... That's willpower that can't be beat!

M

"

Kyle sounds like a cool guy. I'll go with him out of the four listed.
#29 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
Eventually... Sodam Yat may become the most Powerful Lantern...
#30 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"All of them are equal are close to it

Hal- has the most willpower

John-has the most skill and is the best fighter

Kyle-has the most potential

Guy - is the most ruthless
all of them are shoulder to shoulder in the other catagories as well.  "

Where do you come up with this stuff?  Do you even read comic books?
#31 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

((hal))

#32 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

alan scott ftw, even if he isn't in the corps.

#33 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

[rant]Despite Hal being one of the more powerful lanterns, you know what would make him better?  A personality.[/rant]

#34 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"[rant]Despite Hal being one of the more powerful lanterns, you know what would make him better?  A personality.[/rant]"
he has a personality when he's with Green Arrow.
#35 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Zoom said:
"[rant]Despite Hal being one of the more powerful lanterns, you know what would make him better?  A personality.[/rant]"
he has a personality when he's with Green Arrow."

True.  Those were the only Hal Jordan stories that ever entertained me.
#36 Posted by Fellfire (30 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of many reasons I prefer Kyle.
#37 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal jordan!!!

#38 Posted by Iron Doom (864 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry but is alan scott in this because if he is I would have to go with him then hal then kyle then john then guy because AS owns!!!

#39 Posted by The Metamorpho (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kyle stated Superman prime to be the strongest gl wielder.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle.

#41 Posted by The Fabulous Frag (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to go with Guy on this one.  He was the original choice for the Green Lantern of Earth until the ring had to settle for Hal Jordan and in terms of willpower, it's been pretty well established that he has the most of it out of the Earth GL's.

Soooo... that's just my two cents.

#42 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

lanturn prime

#43 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"lanturn prime

"
lol, i think the ring is on the wrong hand.  I believe only Scott has it on his left hand.  I might be wrong though.
#44 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
The Metamorpho said:
"I think Kyle stated Superman prime to be the strongest gl wielder."
He's not a GREEN Lantern.
#45 Edited by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"Zoom said:
he has a personality when he's with Green Arrow."

True.  Those were the only Hal Jordan stories that ever entertained me."

Zoom you are an idiot. How can you ask me if I read comics when its obvious you didn't like Hal Jordan you should not be on this thread to give an opinion when you know nothing about  the characters.
#46 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Not liking Hal Jordan as a character has nothing to do with my knowledge of green lanterns.

The fact that you think all the earth green lanterns are about equal speaks volumes of your lack of knowledge, little man.

#47 Posted by mr.superior (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I like John in this fight he seems to be tougher guy then the others, he's a rough character.

#48 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

John could probably take Guy.

Hal and Kyle are a cut above in power level, though.

#49 Edited by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"

John could probably take Guy.

Hal and Kyle are a cut above in power level, though.

"
If they are that much above John then how come John was the only lantern ever to stalemate Superman in a fight, or did you know that.

Zoom said:
"

Not liking Hal Jordan as a character has nothing to do with my knowledge of green lanterns.

The fact that you think all the earth green lanterns are about equal speaks volumes of your lack of knowledge, little man.

"
Whatever dude just like i explained before they all have advantages and disadvantages, and Hal, kyle, and John are pretty close to equal. If you actually read a comic instead of trolling ATT then you would know they have basically stalemated eachother in battle. Once again Zoom your ignorance has shown itself.
#50 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

GO OPTIMUS