#1 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Yes I did just ask the question.

#2 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

A wall or a Tsunami.

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...haven't watched the show in forever lol, but what powers did Captain Planet have? I mean the show was goofy, however the character as a concept was pretty neat even if it too was goofy.

#4 Edited by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing?

arghh now his music is in my head
#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (7281 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlueHope said:

Thing?

"Captain Planet, he's our hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero!" XD
#6 Posted by Shawnbaby (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueHope said:

Thing?

I'm trying to recall any instance of Captain Planet showing he has what it takes to beat The Thing.

I'm drawing a blank....but that might just be because its been a very long time since I've seen Captain Planet.

#7 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Say no one is poluting and Captain Planet is at his strongest

#8 Edited by ThanoStomp (793 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no one Captain Planet can't beat. He'll just turn them into muthaf&*#$ing trees!!!

Trees are his jam.

#9 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp: He can do that? Even to Galactus?

#10 Posted by Wolfrazer (7281 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingOfAsh said:

Well here is what I found out.. 

Captain Planet's abilities are never clearly defined within the show, allowing him to always have a way of defeating his enemy and solving the problem before him . He can shape-shift and alter his structure to take on the properties of any element or material as well as transmuting other objects in a similar fashion. In various episodes he flies, has great strength, and displays telepathic/empathic abilities.
#11 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@KingOfAsh said:

Captain Planet's abilities are never clearly defined within the show, allowing him to always have a way of defeating his enemy and solving the problem before him . He can shape-shift and alter his structure to take on the properties of any element or material as well as transmuting other objects in a similar fashion. In various episodes he flies, has great strength, and displays telepathic/empathic abilities.

Then what would happen if he fought Squirrel Girl?

Sincerely,

#12 Edited by Wolfrazer (7281 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jokergeist said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@KingOfAsh said:

Captain Planet's abilities are never clearly defined within the show, allowing him to always have a way of defeating his enemy and solving the problem before him . He can shape-shift and alter his structure to take on the properties of any element or material as well as transmuting other objects in a similar fashion. In various episodes he flies, has great strength, and displays telepathic/empathic abilities.

Then what would happen if he fought Squirrel Girl?

Sincerely,

Well considering SG is a joke character, I would have to say he beats her. I mean ya Planet is also sort of a joke character himself, but as I recall he has actual feats. 

At 10:15 he lifts and flies off with a large boat with ease. Also same video at 19:35 makes a tornado and sucks up all the nets that are holding the fish. 

At 13:52 he can morph into water and at 14:11 again more showings of transformation.  

In reality, while Captain Planet seems like kinda a....funny character, he actually is a pretty cool superhero. I can post more if you like, its kinda fun and making me realize that CP is kinda cool again even though I haven't watched the show in years.
#13 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18970 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@BlueHope said:

Thing?

"Captain Planet, he's our hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero!" XD

Ah I remember as well too :)

#14 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

CP once hit out from orbit a small space ship.

He could beat Storm, Colossus, fantastic four, Abomination...

#15 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom

#16 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

#17 Edited by TheProwe (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingOfAsh said:

I think he can, or at least this version of Captain Planet:

#18 Posted by Wolfrazer (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, it just occurred to me that Captain Planet could actually be a good superhero in the Marvelverse....I mean sure, his main thing was protecting the environment but that doesn't mean he couldn't fight threats that are threatening the world thus would also be threatening the environment. The Planeteers would be more or less the same, however they could be SHIELD agents so this way they are actually trained moreso and could use more things then just their rings to fight.

#19 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4729 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a Weather Elemental with flight, super strength is apparently invulnerable as long as the environment he's fighting in is clean and iirc he turned himself into diamonds once. If you took his power set removed the various plot devices and wrote him seriously (see not as an agenda piece) he could be a legit threat to a lot of superheroes out there...

#20 Posted by ThanoStomp (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheProwe:

Thanks for posting that. I don't think everyone got my reference.

#21 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4328 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingOfAsh: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/goooo-planet/662153/ Here's a synopsis of his powers, Captain Planet can beat most elementals or those with elemental based powers, he's a superman level character as well and also has telepathy soo he shoud be able to beat anyone who isn't a superman level character if bloodlusted

#22 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: wow, I haven't watched that show in years. I was a little kid, maybe 7 or 8, I can't remember exactly but I used to watch the s#!t out of that

#23 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Thanks, I didn't know he was so strong.

#24 Posted by mightypug78 (354 posts) - - Show Bio

how about this captain planet?

#25 Posted by Wolfrazer (7281 posts) - - Show Bio
@mightypug78 said:

how about this captain planet?

Ted Turner would solo both universes.
#26 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4328 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingOfAsh: Yeah once you get pass the goofiness of the show(it still was a great show btw, better than most of the crap on these days) you can see how powerful captain Planet really is