#1 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the Stranger from Marvel, so it will not be confused with, Phantom Stranger. The battle takes place on a deserted planet, this is a random encounter, victory can be claimed by any means, be it BFR or KO.

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224776 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Pre Crisis Darkseid can win this fight here
#3 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I think Pre Crisis Darkseid can win this fight here"
Finally someone, how would you think it would play out?
#4 Posted by King Saturn (224776 posts) - - Show Bio
Fantasma Ghost said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Pre Crisis Darkseid Omega Beams would put a serious hurting on The Stranger... Though I do believe Stranger can give Darkseid hell here. Stranger has massive Energy Manipulation powers too... it would be a drawn out fight but Pre Crisis Darkseid will win this fight
#5 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Fantasma Ghost said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Pre Crisis Darkseid Omega Beams would put a serious hurting on The Stranger... Though I do believe Stranger can give Darkseid hell here. Stranger has massive Energy Manipulation powers too... it would be a drawn out fight but Pre Crisis Darkseid will win this fight"

Yup, in theory Darkseid's Omega Effect could simply wipe you out of existence, even following through dimensions so escape was literally impossible. Thanks for the answer.
#6 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers
The Stranger possesses cosmic and psionic power beyond human measurement. Whether he taps outside sources of cosmic energy or the energy is generated inside him is not known. He can employ his cosmic energies for a vast number of effects. He can project large amounts of cosmic energy with great concussive force. He can mentally manipulate the molecules of ordinary matter into other shapes with different properties. He can alter his own size, mass, and density to unknown limits at will (he has appeared at 6 feet in stature as well as 50 feet), or alter the size and mass of other objects and organisms. He can convert matter to an unknown form of energy and teleport it through space at hyper-light speeds. He can erect invisible force shields of great impermeability. Further, he can use cosmic energy to enhance his own physical powers, such as speed, strength, and endurance. He can mentally manipulate gravitons to allow himself to levitate. The extent of the Stranger’s extrasensory and psionic powers are unknown.

The Stranger possesses several known limitations to his power. Among them: he cannot travel through time unaided, resurrect the dead, attain solar-system scale stature, or move planet-sized objects unaided. Due to the manner of his search for knowledge, it can be inferred that he is not omniscient, nor precognitive.

This is for reference, seeing as Pre Crisis Darkseid's power are well known.
#7 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say Stranger..

#8 Posted by Glorious (1590 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Fantasma Ghost said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Pre Crisis Darkseid Omega Beams would put a serious hurting on The Stranger... Though I do believe Stranger can give Darkseid hell here. Stranger has massive Energy Manipulation powers too... it would be a drawn out fight but Pre Crisis Darkseid will win this fight"
i go with omega beams over cosmic
#9 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look at the power levels discussed for the Strranger, they are far less than the Time Trapper (who has created copies of entire solar systems - by splitting off a single second of time from the universe) and Mordru (possibly the most powerful magic user in the DC Universe, who was also a Lord of Chaos).
PC Darkseid beat them both.

PC Darkseid for the win.

#10 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Stranger dwarfs the marvel gods (even Odin w/Odin Force); there is a reason that he is involved with any cosmic trial.  He is counted as peer by Chaos/Order, Love/Hate, Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, The Watchers, The In-Betweener, and The Celestials.

#11 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Stranger dwarfs the marvel gods (even Odin w/Odin Force); there is a reason that he is involved with any cosmic trial.  He is counted as peer by Chaos/Order, Love/Hate, Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, The Watchers, The In-Betweener, and The Celestials.
"
And yet he cannot peform feats that Odin apparently can i.e. the Stranger struggles to nmove a planet whil Odin can apparently destroy galaxies.
I hate writers who cannot maintain power level continuity.
i do think that the Stranger is slightly more powerful than say Odin was but that he is still far from being as powerful as PC Darkseid.
#12 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:

#13 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Tevnoba said:
"Stranger dwarfs the marvel gods (even Odin w/Odin Force); there is a reason that he is involved with any cosmic trial.  He is counted as peer by Chaos/Order, Love/Hate, Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, The Watchers, The In-Betweener, and The Celestials.
"
And yet he cannot peform feats that Odin apparently can i.e. the Stranger struggles to nmove a planet whil Odin can apparently destroy galaxies.
I hate writers who cannot maintain power level continuity.
i do think that the Stranger is slightly more powerful than say Odin was but that he is still far from being as powerful as PC Darkseid.
"
You should make that point with DC in contrast.Talk about writers who never get it straight about their characters .Stranger is way more powerful than any version of Darkside. 
Stranger is on the same level as Galactus , In Betweener, and Celestials .You tried state the same with Darkside being stronger than Galactus. That was way off as well.

#14 Edited by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"You should make that point with DC in contrast.Talk about writers who never get it straight about their characters .Stranger is way more powerful than any version of Darkside. 
Stranger is on the same level as Galactus , In Betweener, and Celestials .You tried state the same with Darkside being stronger than Galactus. That was way off as well.

"
This is PC Darkseid who has beaten opponents who have solar system wide reality effecting powers.
Stranger has been stated to be unable to move a planet.

These are very different levels of power.
#15 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Ball Buster said:
"You should make that point with DC in contrast.Talk about writers who never get it straight about their characters .Stranger is way more powerful than any version of Darkside. 

"
This is PC Darkseid who has beaten opponents who have solar system wide reality effecting powers.

"
Where did you get this source?
#16 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"the creator said:
"Ball Buster said:

"

"
Where did you get this source?"

the creator said:
"If you look at the power levels discussed for the Strranger, they are far less than the Time Trapper (who has created copies of entire solar systems - by splitting off a single second of time from the universe) and Mordru (possibly the most powerful magic user in the DC Universe, who was also a Lord of Chaos).
PC Darkseid beat them both.

PC Darkseid for the win.

"
The Source: DC Comics.

As for the info on the Stranger (which Fantasma Ghost quoted some of above) that comes from the OHOTMU.
#17 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a rediculous battle the stranger would laugh at Darksied. He wouldn't even waist his time. Find out how powerful a character is before you post an opinion 

#18 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"This is a rediculous battle the stranger would laugh at Darksied. He wouldn't even waist his time. Find out how powerful a character is before you post an opinion "

You are becomming rather annoying, to most of this vine community (if many of the posts I have seen are accurate).

Any one can simply make a post saying person X wins.
Why not try and prove your theories for once.
When you post scans, try to make them relevant.
When you discuss battles, to to be specific.
And please actually use some accurate 'facts'.
#19 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Well . Stranger created a planet and he himself has defeated more powerful beings like the Watchers and Skeletron who is as powerful as they come.He was also the 3rd face of living tribunal at one time.As far feats the Stranger powers are just more extended ,and yes the Stranger wins.

#20 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"SeSAW said:
"This is a rediculous battle the stranger would laugh at Darksied. He wouldn't even waist his time. Find out how powerful a character is before you post an opinion "

You are becomming rather annoying, to most of this vine community (if many of the posts I have seen are accurate).

"
Creator why don't you actually try to make sense when you argue. You can't get mad because I go against a DC character because you seem to be very biast in this area. And I post scans to prove my point it helps you should try it 
#21 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"Well . Stranger created a planet and he himself has defeated more powerful beings like the Watchers and Skeletron who is as powerful as they come.He was also the 3rd face of living tribunal at one time.As far feats the Stranger powers are just more extended ,and yes the Stranger wins."
And yet he has had to use proxies (Hulk, Thing) in the past to fight some of his battles.
He has been hurt by the Silver Surfer in battle and has been hurt by the Overmind whom the Fantastic Four have beaten (without the aid of the Ultimate Nullifier).

His power levels have also fluctuated over time so again I base my decision on what the characters average power level is, not his top end feats.SeSAW said:
"the creator said:
"SeSAW said:

"
Creator why don't you actually try to make sense when you argue. You can't get mad because I go against a DC character because you seem to be very biast in this area. And I post scans to prove my point it helps you should try it 
"
I don't post scans because my scanner is still in it's box, in a storage warehouse, 75 miles from my home. I might need a long cable to reach it.;
As for bias, i'm not. I just base my arguments on logic rather than wishful thinking.

I prove my arguments through debate. I don't think you've beeen that lucky yet....

#22 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't post scans because my scanner is still in it's box, in a storage warehouse, 75 miles from my home. I might need a long cable to reach it.;
As for bias, i'm not. I just base my arguments on logic rather than wishful thinking

Oh please spare us.You must be kidding.
#23 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"I don't post scans because my scanner is still in it's box, in a storage warehouse, 75 miles from my home. I might need a long cable to reach it.;
As for bias, i'm not. I just base my arguments on logic rather than wishful thinking

Oh please spare us.You must be kidding.
"

Nope. When you move house due to your job changing and half your stuff is in storage (after 16 months), it can prove a problem.
When this includes most of your comic collection, this can present even more problems.

Don't tell me you never have glitches in you life...
No that's right, you are perfect.
#24 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC have online comic subscriptions now you can read juz about any comic you want too. and it makes posting scans for proof a whole lot easier.

#25 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

I mail order all my comics as the town I live in has no local comic shop and the nearest one is 35 miles away.
I actually prefer to read a physical comic that simply look at a screen - call me old fashoned but I enjoy the read more.

#26 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

But like you said when you can't get a physical comic at least you have something, hell i perfer Physical comics too but Marvel and DC online membership is less than 25 dollars a month for both and like i said it makes posting scans easier and researching feats.

#27 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Problem with the Stranger is that he was written with different power levels.
At his best he made Silver Surfer look like a fool and he could beat Darkseid after a tough fight. If they write him like when he was fighting Hulk. DS would win

#28 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"The Problem with the Stranger is that he was written with different power levels.
At his best he made Silver Surfer look like a fool and he could beat Darkseid after a tough fight. If they write him like when he was fighting Hulk. DS would win
"
Exactly so. He has been up and down in power but take a look at his conistent level (being respective of but putting aside the highs and lows) and then make a decision.
#29 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, Most powerful version Stranger vs most powerful version of Darkside.Darkside still loses.

#30 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"Ok, Most powerful version Stranger vs most powerful version of Darkside.Darkside still loses."
You keep saying things like this, and you bury yourself deeper. As stated numerous times, The Stranger has never demonstrated, power on a Universal scale such as, Time Trapper or Mordru have. When has he created, pocket Universes or created effects on a Universal level. The fact is that Both the Time Trapper and Mordru have shown superior power to the Stranger, and Darkseid humiliated them both. The Stranger had problems, with the Surfer, do you think he could have enslaved billions of Daxamites, in other words, billions of Pre Crisis Superman? As the Creator stated, The Stranger had trouble with the Overmind, Gardener, Pluto and a lot of other beings weaker than Darkseid, and all of this showings were on his early appearances, indicating that his original power level was well under, Pre Crisis Darkseid's original power levels.
#31 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Really.Did Stranger loses to any of these characters you mentioned in the end?.Not from my account he has not .Unless you have a deferent read .If so ,tell me issue and Ill read it myself. As far powerful antagonist ,Skeletron was was on massive cosmic level.Stranger beat him.If you can prove me wrong ,Ill be more than happy to acknowledge it.

#32 Edited by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers/Abilities: Skeletron is a mechanical entity able to reconfigure his entire body into any form, weapon, etc. as needed. In addition, the bipedal form he used was only a small portion of his true form, which composed the entire starship, the Dark Seed (also known as the Starblast).

He had superhuman strength and durability which was directly proportional to the size he assumed. He has computer-like speed and reaction time. He could siphon energy from others to increase his own power and could repair damaged portions of himself. He presumably could add other machinery or minerals to his own form to grow in size or replace damaged portions of himself.

After absorbing the power of the Starbrand, his powers grew exponentially, dwarfing even the power of the Stranger. However, he apparently does not have the capacity for inter-dimensional travel.

Well, his powers don't seem very impressive. I don't see him effecting nothing on an Universal scale. Also he defeated the Stranger, the Stranger won by outwitting him and trapping him in another dimension,(New Universe). The real power it had was, the Starbrand. Anyway nothing like Time Trapper or Mordru, if this is the best example, his best wins are to lower beings like Overmind, and battles against the Gardener(Elder of the Universe), Pluto and the likes.

#33 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

And thats your opinion. Not a fact and were is he shown to weaker than 

Darkside?And what you know of the Starband?
#34 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember in an old X-Men comic, Xavier said that the Stranger was able to shatter galaxies or something.

#35 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"I remember in an old X-Men comic, Xavier said that the Stranger was able to shatter galaxies or something.
"
Yeah ,He said something like that. 
#36 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"I remember in an old X-Men comic, Xavier said that the Stranger was able to shatter galaxies or something.
"
Yeah ,He said something like that. 
#37 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"One-Above-You said:
"
Yeah ,He said something like that. "
And where did Xavier get that info from ?
Was it scnned from someone else's mind ?

In all his appearances, the Stranger has not shown power anywhere near this limit and as already pointed out the OHOTMU states some limitations to his powers.
If you have an argument with that source, take it up with Marvel.
#38 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"
Nevermind, he said shake galaxies. lol

the creator said:
"Ball Buster said:
"One-Above-You said:
"

In all his appearances, the Stranger has not shown power anywhere near this limit and as already pointed out the OHOTMU states some limitations to his powers.
"
Professor X originally thought the Stranger was a mutant, so he was scanning him with cerebro but the Stranger stopped him.
#39 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Ball Buster said:
"One-Above-You said:
"

"
He didn't state any facts that support Stranger is weaker than Darkside. Simple as that.
#40 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"And thats your opinion. Not a fact and were is he shown to weaker than 
Darkside?And what you know of the Starband?
"
It's not my opinion, those are his powers. I don't really understand your question, but if your asking me, why I think Stranger is weaker than Darkseid it's simple,first he has had trouble with lesser beings than Darkseid, all those I've mentioned, couldn't last  two seconds with the big D. Second, The Stranger has not shown, powers that could effect on Universal Scale proportions. Third, The Omega Effect hits you, and you are a goner. There wasn't  the you are important to the Universe, pathetic crap they restricted current Darkseid with. And if the Stranger, could actually find a way to evade the beams( which I doubt, because the beams could follow you through dimensions, or wherever the target went) he had a lot of powers, that he doesn't use now. For example his mind control powers or psionic powers are well above the Stranger's, one of the most powerful in comic book history, matter rearrangement , he could even create life, to name a few. Anyway, I don't see what the problem is, even Marvel has the Stranger's power level well documented on various official guides, and it's well below of what Pre Crisis Darkseid could achieve. Opinions, is all I've heard, The Creator, myself and others have stated facts.
#41 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"
Xavier was wrong.
#42 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think You and Creator agree but its not a fact your presenting.As far Omega Effect ,hasn't other beings survived this attack?

#43 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasma Ghost said:

"One-Above-You said:
"
Xavier was wrong.
"

With the advanced mental powers that the Stranger has, he could have shown Xavier what he wanted him to see (mentally that is).

Ball Buster said:

"Well, I think You and Creator agree but its not fact.As far Omega Effect ,hasn't other beings survived this attack?"

This is PC Darkseid, whose powers were far greater in scope that the watered down version of today.
This related to his Omega Effect as well - it was far more powerful.

#44 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

.the creator said:

"

Fantasma Ghost said:

"One-Above-You said:
"
Xavier was wrong.
"

With the advanced mental powers that the Stranger has, he could have shown Xavier what he wanted him to see (mentally that is).

Ball Buster said:

"Well, I think You and Creator agree but its not fact.As far Omega Effect ,hasn't other beings survived this attack?"

This is PC Darkseid, whose powers were far greater in scope that the watered down version of today.
This related to his Omega Effect as well - it was far more powerful.

At its peaks.Have others survived this attack?

"

#45 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:

At its peaks.Have others survived this attack?

That will require some homework.
#46 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

ok,fair enough.

#47 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.