The Spectre vs The Living Tribunal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku>tribunal so spectre wins here

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@debeze: Hahaha,That one funny joke

Anyway,LT should win this match

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almalexia! Sotha Sil! Vivec! Now that's a Tribunal!

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

First response nailed it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dondave

Living Tribunal ftw

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Vaeternus

Stalemate

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MarlboroMan

Spectre is not a almighty kinda being like Living Tribunal. You never gonna see Living Tribunal catching a thief or fighting with earth heroes or criminals.He is the mighty omnipotence being that doesnt give a damn about anything unless something at least multiversal happens.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living Tribunal has had his jobbing moments, but they get retconned. Spectre's don't.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ssejllenrad

Living Tribunal has had his jobbing moments, but they get retconned. Spectre's don't.

Well at least New 52 Spectre has been a part of the massive retcon... He's currently featless, though.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 aside from Darkseid is dead to me...

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectres gonna need more than the Presence's backing here to do any type of damage to the LT, imo.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MarlboroMan
No Caption Provided

This is not something you can see in a Living Tribunal appearance

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living Tribunal has had his retcons. Spectre jobs more, I wholly admit.

Avatar image for oppagangnamstyle19
oppagangnamstyle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slight edge to Tribunal

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Living Tribunal stomps.

Spectre was never mean to be what LT now represents in marvel, post 2005.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Depends on the host and state. DOV would lose. Crispus would lose too. An unbound Corrigan has a chance putting up a good fight. Hal has a chance of winning.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kidThunder

@sideslash: By feats?...from what i read in dc wiki and marvel wiki...the LT..is virtual omnipotence,second only to the TOAA..and the spectre is nigh omnipotence only powers limited by the presence..and the spectre is second only to the presence...virtual and nigh is the same by definition..check wiki superpowers or google it..

Please lay down LT feats....ive known one sveral of the spectre feats...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the spectre is nigh omnipotence only powers limited by the presence..and the spectre is second only to the presence...virtual and nigh is the same by definition..check wiki superpowers or google it..

That bolded part is totally incorrect.

Spectre has quite a few people above him, which includes but are not included to, 3 arch angels: Michael, Lucifer and Gabriel. We also have Elaine , COIE Anti Monitor, Mandrax etc.

Please lay down LT feats....ive known one sveral of the spectre feats...

1. Holding 2 Eternities on his hand.

2. Showing he is superior to IG, during classic era, when its power was almost multiversal.

3. Banishing Solorith, who was so big that his mere existence was going to destroy the universe, with a wave of his hand.

4. Re-creating injured abstracts with a snap of his figures.

5. Most importantly, marvel bio and on panel being addressed as second only to TOAA, something Spectre has never been claimed to be, nor is it true.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidthunder: Well, he's second only to TOAA.

Exists in all multiverses simultaneously, the most supreme power that can be comprehended, capable of wiping out universes.
Exists in all multiverses simultaneously, the most supreme power that can be comprehended, capable of wiping out universes.
Deflects Dr Strange's spell with a gesture, then summons the In Betweener, whilst cutting off some of Strange's abilities. Note: This is in the classic era, when Strange was taking on multiversal enemies every few issues.
Deflects Dr Strange's spell with a gesture, then summons the In Betweener, whilst cutting off some of Strange's abilities. Note: This is in the classic era, when Strange was taking on multiversal enemies every few issues.
Stops the Infinity Gauntlet from working
Stops the Infinity Gauntlet from working
Adam Warlock destroys most of the Abstracts with the Infinity Gauntlet. Living Tribunal doesn't give a f**k, then recreates them with a thought.
Omniscience.
Omniscience.
LT just teleports Presence away, like he does to Uatu here.
LT just teleports Presence away, like he does to Uatu here.
Here, Living Tribunal seals a world off from the rest of creation, and Quasar is helpless against it. He can't even Quantum Jump through. Stranger also seems to be unable to mess with the Tribunal's judgement.
The Phoenix Force gets ordered around by the Tribunal
The Phoenix Force gets ordered around by the Tribunal
Threatens to destroy the 616 universe and replace it with the Ultimate Universe. Gets talked out of it by She-Hulk. Also has space-time manipulation.
Threatens to destroy the 616 universe and replace it with the Ultimate Universe. Gets talked out of it by She-Hulk. Also has space-time manipulation.
"No, he's [Living Tribunal] not God. Just the biggest kid in all the playgrounds. And if he knows the principal, he's not very chatty about it." - Mephisto.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Killemall

@sideslash: I cant seem to find the issue where Living Tribunal met Phoenix force, you posted the scan, would you happen to know what issue number it is. I keep seeing the scan, cant find the issue =(

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:ohh i see...LT is powerful...i did know that all 3 archangel and elaine is above the spectre...but mandrakk and coim monitor..definitely not...the spectre stalemated the monitor and according to the presence the spectre had the ability to win...after math..mandrakk??the evil probe...impossible dude...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Killemall

@killemall:ohh i see...LT is powerful...i did know that all 3 archangel and elaine is above the spectre..

Cool

but mandrakk and coim monitor..definitely not...the spectre stalemated the monitor and according to the presence the spectre had the ability to win...

1. Spectre was on the losing end against COIE Anti Monitor.

2. Spectre at that time was amped on magic from Dr. Fate and other magic users.

3. Pretty sure Presence never said that, nor is Presence generally even involved in Spectre comics.

after math..mandrakk??the evil probe...impossible dude...

They fought Mandrakk won, whats so impossible about it?

No Caption Provided

it reads "As i fed on these servents of God defends of this universe. Drained now. Meaningless"

We see Spectre and Radiant lying on the ground well drained.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kidThunder

@killemall: It wasn't mandrakk ,it was vandal savage in disguise of cain with the spear of destiny that defeated the spectre and radiant...quote from my fellow @jedixman...How the hell spectre can loose to this multi universe eater...there wasn't even a battle...

I dont know dude..God's wrath/spirit of vengeance loosing to this creep mandrakk...yeah there was..when spectre murdered nebu,the presence summoned him back..there were on several occasions that the presence was involve in the spectre comics..im nt sure which else..

Check this out dude,(from..http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/living-tribunal-vs-coie-anti-monitor-full-powered--422363/)do pls comment..if ur free..

1.the fact that the Spectre has been defeated - ever - is due to his fluctuating power levels. That is proof that his power is totally depended on God. If his power source is the Presence, who is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, the Spectre's power could theoretically be near-infinite. From what we've seen, the Presence keeps him at a level below Lucifer and Michael.

2.The Spectre's power pretty much depends on God's mood, and also means he can theoretically reach nigh-omnipotence. If this is really a Full-Presence-Powered state, the Spectre alone should be able to stalemate the Living Tribunal. I'm not totally sure the Anti-Monitor can compete here. ..DC VS MARVEL volume 2..

If im not mistake.... The presence>michael/lucifer>radiant.eclipso/spectre>anti monitor/overmonitor>and i dont know..

this multiverse power is nothing compared to DIVINE POWERS...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre had help when he fought the Anti-Monitor. Lots of it.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideslash: I cant seem to find the issue where Living Tribunal met Phoenix force, you posted the scan, would you happen to know what issue number it is. I keep seeing the scan, cant find the issue =(

No idea, sorry. Got it from a respect thread.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidthunder: Wow, dude. That post is full of supposition and points which have been proven to be incorrect.

Michael, Lucifer, Anti-Monitor, and Mandrakk have all shown they can whup the Spectre on panel.

So Spectre's less powerful than the Anti-Monitor.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By kidThunder

@sideslash: nah..dude..some points i took from the threads...i was just wondering whether the power rank sequence follows like that,and it has to...and mandrakk didn't defeat Spectre or the radiant..it was vandal savage in the form of cain using the spear of destiny...which was corrupted during the time in Hitler's possession...

Supposition?which part...i was right on the presence/michael/lucifer of course will beat the spectre, no doubt about that....but anti monitor and mandrakk..no way dude....what you mean on panel?The points i got it from the link..check it out..

Spectre with divine powers?less than a universe eating monitor?..comon man...i know what happened in COIE..but The spectre is in the league of divine(the presence)..

And to quote..from..@capitolpunishment :

Depending on the host the Spectre's power varies greatly, as you already know. I would argue that in DOV the defeat of Nebu and other lords of Magic that were higher up the food chain than Shazam was more impressive than just killing Shazam who was a lord of magic himself, this was all done host-less. It is not talked about much but the

Logoz

is supposed to play the most important part in the Spectre's power, it's his direct link to the power of the presence and where he can draw his greatest powers. Not many hosts of the Spectre were able to tap this power at all, none to its full extent and to my knowledge a host-less Spectre has never been able to do so at all.

Asmodel, an Arch-Angel knew the vast power that the Spectre possessed and sought it out as a weapon to use against the presence itself (That speaks volumes of the potential power the Spectre possesses) . The Spectre is more powerful than almost all the other angels with the exception of Michael and Lucifer, I wouldn't call that a low showing. When he briefly had some control over the Spectre he was able to effortlessly freeze over all of hell leaving it a barren wasteland.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Sideslash

@kidthunder: Anti-Monitor and Mandrakk HAVE beaten the Spectre. That is a fact.

Spectre with divine powers? Divine powers mean nothing if he doesn't have feats with them. The supposition bit is where you said Spectre is potentially nigh-omnipotent.

Being in the "league of divine" means nothing...Spectre ran from Parallax when Hal was the Spectre.

Living Tribunal wins because his feats are leagues above Spectre's.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideslash: Divine powers need to have feats??...well that's a little over the edge...its the presence ,representation of God's... version..it means everything...i dont have to go in details about God's powers...lol..yes ..The spectre is nigh-omnipotent..check out dc wiki..

Being in the league of God's means everything...spectre ran from paralax when he was the spectre??????...waaatt?confuse...

Dude...im confuse..ur telling me spectre fought mandrakk the other dude..telling me it was actually vandal savage in disguise of cain(cain vs abel) using the spear of destiny to defeat the spectre....according to my fellow...@jedixman..u are summoned..

@citizenbanedude..advise here a little bit...above..

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Killemall

@killemall: It wasn't mandrakk ,it was vandal savage in disguise of cain with the spear of destiny that defeated the spectre and radiant...quote from my fellow @jedixman...How the hell spectre can loose to this multi universe eater...there wasn't even a battle...

Now this is just fan complaining a clear on panel feat. Point is Spectre was never meant to be as powerful as people tend to pretend he is.

Serious, how many multi-universal threat has Spectre won against?

I dont know dude..God's wrath/spirit of vengeance loosing to this creep mandrakk...yeah there was..when spectre murdered nebu,the presence summoned him back..there were on several occasions that the presence was involve in the spectre comics..im nt sure which else..

No when i said Presence being involved, i meant Presence actually making an appearance in the comics. Even DOV he did not make an appearence.

And what is with God's wrath this, god's wrath that, he lost plain and simple, anything else is you a fan refusing to accept how he is created.

1.the fact that the Spectre has been defeated - ever - is due to his fluctuating power levels. That is proof that his power is totally depended on God. If his power source is the Presence, who is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, the Spectre's power could theoretically be near-infinite. From what we've seen, the Presence keeps him at a level below Lucifer and Michael.

Or because Spectre is a fictional character and hence loses.

Spectre power source isnt Presence directly, its Logoz, his connection to some essence of god.

That still doesnt change the fact that Specter did in fact lose.

Does Spectre job? yes he does.

That still doesnt change anything.

2.The Spectre's power pretty much depends on God's mood, and also means he can theoretically reach nigh-omnipotence. If this is really a Full-Presence-Powered state, the Spectre alone should be able to stalemate the Living Tribunal. I'm not totally sure the Anti-Monitor can compete here. ..DC VS MARVEL volume 2..

Show me a scan that says that bolded part, that Presence give Spectre extra powers and stuff?

Coz you know he doesnt. Spectre as a character has only 1 link to Presence, Logoz, something from which his connection can be take away.

And there is no such thing as full-presence-power state, or Spectre with full presence backing, thats hogwash and lies people talk about. Presence has never been shown to actively give Spectre more powers, nor has he been said to do so.

If im not mistake.... The presence>michael/lucifer>radiant.eclipso/spectre>anti monitor/overmonitor>and i dont know..

this multiverse power is nothing compared to DIVINE POWERS...

Apart from one fan claiming this to be true, if you can prove it, using a feat or a statement from Spectre , you are welcome.

Else its just a fan refusing to accept the truth.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kidThunder

@killemall: hahahahahaha..killemal..nice one dude..i love this answer..but dude.. i am a spectre fan..but i am never bias, i accept the facts,but dying to learn more ..thats true.. No.1 and No 2 is not my opinion..but taken from a thread i linked in...did you check it out?

God' wrath this and that..ahahah..but..thats what people say isn't it..?he is God's Wrath...But yes spectre does lack the feats..but i was right when he didn't fight mandrakk..yes?logoz is from an essence of God..meaning embodiment?

hmmm..thats means on the thread i link it...and quote..your saying its fan answers??like No1 and No2...?that means we have to prove it by feats and not stated facts in marvel wiki?... even though it said that spectre is after michael and lucifer?..

is my ranking correct? the below one...

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Living Tribunal stomps.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidthunder: Everything needs feats. By your logic, I can claim Odin is omnipotent, because it's been claimed.

Wiki's are the worst source of information, since it can be edited by anyone. If he doesn't have any feats that put him at a nigh-omnipotent level, you can't say he's nigh-omnipotent.

Spectre was scared of Parallax. Terrified. That's what I'm saying.

Also, Living Tribunal wipes out universes with a gesture, recreates multiversal level entities with a wave of his hand, stops universal level, reality warping equipment from functioning, etc.

Living Tribunal's feats dwarf the Spectre's by several degrees of magnitude.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By kidThunder

@sideslash: not all of wiki's source is bad..well the only way to find out..is by asking DC whether The spectre is Nigh omnipotence..You or Me cannot say that his not or is....I heard that spectre lost the fight..to hal parallax is it?...about paralaxx having all the power of the green battery and the guardians..and the host was crispus allen who hasn't fully understand and haven't grasp the full power of the spectre..hmm..

I dont think The Spectre will be terrified of the Parallax..one battle..I know so spectre can defeat the parallax any given day..even if is was hal parallax..

1.Dude..which comic is zero hour parallax vs spectre..tell me..

2.im seing the Joker parallax...and is that hal jordan spectre fighting joker parallax?

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sideslash

@kidthunder: Well, anyone can edit it, and often, there's no actual evidence (scans, issue numbers, and the like).

It's been proven Spectre is afraid of Parallax.

Anyway, we are getting off-topic. The fact is, Living Tribunal has shown much greater power on-panel than Spectre. Going by feats, Tribunal stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stalemate

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#88 JediXMan  Moderator

@sideslash: Divine powers need to have feats??...well that's a little over the edge...its the presence ,representation of God's... version..it means everything...i dont have to go in details about God's powers...lol..yes ..The spectre is nigh-omnipotent..check out dc wiki..

Being in the league of God's means everything...spectre ran from paralax when he was the spectre??????...waaatt?confuse...

Dude...im confuse..ur telling me spectre fought mandrakk the other dude..telling me it was actually vandal savage in disguise of cain(cain vs abel) using the spear of destiny to defeat the spectre....according to my fellow...@jedixman..u are summoned..

I never said it was Vandal Savage in disguise as Mandrakk or whatever it is you're claiming. The Spectre fought Vandal Savage - end of story. He fought him. He never fought Mandrakk. The two have nothing to do with one another.

Also, LT > Spectre. No question.

1.Dude..which comic is zero hour parallax vs spectre..tell me..

2.im seing the Joker parallax...and is that hal jordan spectre fighting joker parallax?

It has been stated many times that the Spectre fears Parallax to some extent.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kidThunder

@jedixman: Lol ..when did i claim vandale savage fought mandrakk(read what i wrote ) or whatever is it ur saying.....i was only pointing out what you said that it was vandale savage in disguise of cain with spear of destiny fought spectre...that's one..correct

2nd ...you did say the spectre didn't fight mandrakk yes??

3rd. spectre vs LT..to me its a stalemate.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#90 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Lol ..when did i claim vandale savage fought mandrakk(read what i wrote ) or whatever is it ur saying.....i was only pointing out what you said that it was vandale savage in disguise of cain with spear of destiny fought spectre...that's one..correct

2nd ...you did say the spectre didn't fight mandrakk yes??

3rd. spectre vs LT..to me its a stalemate.

I never said that... nevermind.

2. NO. I never said that Spectre fought Mandrakk. I said that he did not fight him. The two have never fought to my knowledge.

3. It's not. It's really not.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidthunder: Spectre does fear Parallax.

Note:
Note: "He was scared of Parallax" Apparently, Spectre's stated that he fears Parallax also, but I can't find the scan.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

IIRC The Living Tribunal is more superior, although I'm gonna stick with The Spectre on this one. He judges the living, and with Tribunal being widely known for his lively name (no puns intended) maybe The Spectre could be able to cast some spells on him.

Scoop316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COIE Spectre should be relatively close to Living Tribunal's power, but not equal to him. He might pull off a win, but rarely, maybe 1.5/10, stalemating the other times he's not losing. Any other version would be stomped. DoV Spectre wouldn't be stomped, but still lose handily.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xan84: A unbound specter and fuly backed by The Presence would be no diferent then LT. Specter is the avenging hand of The Presence. But he does not have the feats to back this thing upthat is why i said in theory.

*An *fully *than *<to back this thing up> what thing? *<that is why i said in theory> what??

sorry, but poor grammar in threads are bugging me. I just had to do this... shame on me

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By OverLordArhas

Have not heard of Specter casually putting abstract in their place.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By willpayton

LT

hardcorefakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In before the lock!

LT epicslaughterstomp.

MissingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MissingLink

@a_touch_of_class__atc_: Has the living tribunal ever been crushed by a planet and sustained it in fighting condition? No? Well then.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT.