The Spectre vs The Living Tribunal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KNIGHT SAVIOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By KNIGHT SAVIOR

who is most powerful being any universe
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By capall

neither of them, however LT does win here
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xan84

This was done before. Teoreticaly they should be about the same in power but LT has better feats so he wins.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Assman
@capall said:
"neither of them, however LT does win here "

yes 

@Xan said:
"This was done before. Teoreticaly they should be about the same in power but LT has better feats so he wins. "

Yes. No. Yes
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shattered007
@capall said:
" neither of them, however LT does win here "
crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crabtree

lt wins

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xan84

Assman

A unbound specter and fuly backed by The Presence would be no diferent then LT. Specter is the avenging hand of The Presence. But he does not have the feats to back this thing up that is why i said in theory.

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lord_oraculous016

they are being who practically share the same roles in their respective Universes.. the Spectre in known as the Right hand of God while the Living Tribunal is established to only take others from The One Above All.. but then, the Tribunal has lot more showings than the Spectre..

No Caption Provided
plus they are allies.. both granted the power to serve as the Guardians of their respective Universes..

No Caption Provided

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Baldy
@lord_oraculous016 said:
" they are being who practically share the same roles in their respective Universes.. the Spectre in known as the Right hand of God while the Living Tribunal is established to only take others from The One Above All.. but then, the Tribunal has lot more showings than the Spectre..
No Caption Provided
plus they are allies.. both granted the power to serve as the Guardians of their respective Universes..

No Caption Provided
"
Those scans are from the non-canon Marvel vs DC.

Living Tribunal is orders of magnitude more powerful than the Spectre.
Avatar image for a_touch_of_class__atc_
A Touch of Class (ATC)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read about Spectre a bit, and to me he doesn't seem as impressive as the Living Tribunal. Even with backing he still manages to lose, it appears. Once was in COIE where he failed to defeat the Anti-Monitor with backing from The Presence. Another time where Spectre looked embarrassing was when Mxy defeated him by crushing a planet on top of his head. I'm going with the Living Tribunal here.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Assman
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"they are being who practically share the same roles in their respective Universes.. the Spectre in known as the Right hand of God while the Living Tribunal is established to only take others from The One Above All.. but then, the Tribunal has lot more showings than the Spectre..

"

Untrue. And that is not canon, DC vs Marvel.  I really would not use or go by that series as testament.  Spectre was just the highest being they could use in that series.  Spectre is not the right hand of god, he's his angel of vengeance, and deals in punishing the guilty.  Spectre does not judge the omniverse or even other realities.  They are not only vastly different in roles, but in power.   Spectre being backed by the presence, as far as I know, has only hapend once, and that was in COIE, and he still couldn't take down the AM, but that might have also partly been due to his human host.  I always found that kinda ironic, and silly, everyone always saying that Spectre backed by the Presence is a force to be reckoned with. That's not Spectre.  Anyone backed by the Presence can be a force to be reckoned with, so that's not Spectre.  That's not different than saying Thanos backed by TOAA with Hotu. That's an upgrade/artifact.  If Spectre can't do it on his own and people need to resort to stating that being backed by the Presence makes him invincible, it does not, you only need to look at COIE, and the fact that he needs help/backing, while LT does not, should tell you right there.  That's another thing that seperates them dramatically, LT needs no host, exists in every single universe similtainously and is the judge of all under/for TOAA.  Spectre is most mostly earth bound, and judges souls.  Judge of realities>judge of souls.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom

THERE IS NO BACKING OF THE PRESENCE!!!!! 

And the Spectre is not equal to the tribunal. The DC/Marvel crossover only paired them because DC has nothing close to the living tribunal in function in its universe.

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shattered007
@AtPhantom said:
" THERE IS NO BACKING OF THE PRESENCE!!!!!   And the Spectre is not equal to the tribunal. The DC/Marvel crossover only paired them because DC has nothing close to the living tribunal in function in its universe. "
They could of used Lucifer
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
@Shattered007 said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" THERE IS NO BACKING OF THE PRESENCE!!!!!   And the Spectre is not equal to the tribunal. The DC/Marvel crossover only paired them because DC has nothing close to the living tribunal in function in its universe. "
They could of used Lucifer "
Yeeeeah, but Lucifer isn't exactly recognized by the main continuity, and I doubt Lucifer would be much concerned by the destruction of the universe. Of course, if it was made now, Nix Uotan would be the obvious choice.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Assman
@AtPhantom said:

"THERE IS NO BACKING OF THE PRESENCE!!!!!   And the Spectre is not equal to the tribunal. The DC/Marvel crossover only paired them because DC has nothing close to the living tribunal in function in its universe. "

QFT!!! There never has been as far as I know? Again, it all stemmed from COIE when he asked for help, but not even really sure in what form that help was given, as it was not particular stated how, other than he had the Presence backing. Other than the Presence giving Spectre the confidence to do what he needed to do, not sure if there really was a power increase.  So, to quote AtPhantom again: THERE IS NO BACKING OF THE PRESENCE!!!!!     There never really has been, and that is not the Spectre fighting in the battle if people try to use this analogy.  Again, no difference to Thanos using upgrades like Hotu or IG, to be fair.
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true.. I've miss those flaws of the Spectre.. but i you ask me, i think DC should power him up and make him their counter part of the Living Tribunal.. like how they created the Entity which is a clear counterpart of the Phoenix.. maybe these are hyperbole but they still do reflect the power of the Spectre..

No Caption Provided

so more or else, i do agree with you guys.. even at his strongest, he still didn't managed to defeat the Anti-Monitor.. if it is due to his host, well i honestly don't know.. so i guess the Tribunal wins this one..
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad
@AtPhantom: What's Nix's greatest feat anyway? I've seen only a few of him in FC. 

Ok back on topic. I go with LT.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
@ssejllenrad said:
" @AtPhantom: What's Nix's greatest feat anyway? I've seen only a few of him in FC.  Ok back on topic. I go with LT. "
That's about all there is of him. He doesn't have feats, but as sole remaining Monitor and the with the title "Judge of all evil", Nix fits the role Living Tribunal has.

@lord_oraculous016:
Making the Spectre a counterpart to Living Tribunal would defeat his purpose. He's the spirit of vengeance, not the balancer of multiversal forces. The scan you posted does show nicely how insanely powerful he is though.
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom:  i get your point.. and thanks..
Avatar image for ___living_tribunal_22__
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like this: currently, The Spectre is just the spirit of vengeance who can easily be slain by the Spear of Destiny. But, if The Presence makes him what he truly is, if he becomes The Primal-Spectre force, who is the Right Hand of God in all realities, who is equal or not more powerful than Michael or Lucifer, then he has the same power as the Living Tribunal. 
primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By primebonnick

The writers messed up Spectre's awesomeness to me he had so much to offer. LT wins this

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Amazingoctus

I have to say The Living Tribunal
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lordraiden
@Shattered007 said:
@AtPhantom said:
He's a vertigo character, and generally doesn't get used or reside in the regular DCU.  LT is above Spectre, in powers and position.  Spectre is about Vengeance, I don't see that trumping LT's much higher position authority,  judging entire universes/realities, and having the ability to erase them with a thought.  Sorry Spec.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thor's hammmer

LT holds a megaverse (millions of Multiverses) in each hand and Judges them. Spectre's got nothing!
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordraiden
@___Living_Tribunal_22__ said:
This is like this: currently, The Spectre is just the spirit of vengeance who can easily be slain by the Spear of Destiny. But, if The Presence makes him what he truly is, if he becomes The Primal-Spectre force, who is the Right Hand of God in all realities, who is equal or not more powerful than Michael or Lucifer, then he has the same power as the Living Tribunal. 
But he's not, and never has been.  It's statements like these, if Spectre had this, if Spectre was backed by the Presence, if he had this, he could do this, and that!!! The Primal Spectre-Force???? Sorry, that is fan based at it's best lol  there is no primal spectre force!!  He is who he is, get over it, and move on, he's just not as powerfull as you and alot of others would like him to be, end of story!!  Let me say this, if Thanos had the IG, he could defeat the Spectre ;-)
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bigcimmerian

@lordraiden said:

@Shattered007 said:
@AtPhantom said:
" THERE IS NO BACKING OF THE PRESENCE!!!!! And the Spectre is not equal to the tribunal. The DC/Marvel crossover only paired them because DC has nothing close to the living tribunal in function in its universe. "
He's a vertigo character, and generally doesn't get used or reside in the regular DCU. LT is above Spectre, in powers and position. Spectre is about Vengeance, I don't see that trumping LT's much higher position authority, judging entire universes/realities, and having the ability to erase them with a thought. Sorry Spec.

Vertigo is part of DC multiverse and Lucifer and Michael are multiversal beings.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Saren

Living Tribunal. Why was this bumped?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeanroygrant

the living tribunal stomps

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By TDK_1997

Living Tribunal has better feats

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jameshebrew

impossible to tell who wins

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thanobomb1124

LT

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@CitizenBane said:

Living Tribunal. Why was this bumped?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanroygrant

Living Tribunal

Yumwum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Yumwum

Wow cool

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By majestic99

Living Tribunal wins. The only being more powerful than the Living Tribunal is the One Above All.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By renamed040924

I think Hulk could take em both.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By joshuagamer

Spectre and tribunal tie

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jeanroygrant

Living Tribunal.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By X_insignia1

they're essentially equal i believe

so stalemate

however i've heard he has superiors other than the presence

micheal & lucifer ect.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By emperorznb

@X_insignia1 said:

they're essentially equal i believe

so stalemate

however i've heard he has superiors other than the presence

micheal & lucifer ect.

Those are Spectre's superiors. He got stomped by Michael when Spectre tried to ask why God is missing. Or so I recall...

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Malevolent1

Corrigen's potential as the Spectre was virtually unlimited.

The Living Tribunal trumps by feats.

LT for the win.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssejllenrad

Anyone who says Spectre is either a troll, a fanboy/girl, a dumb*ss or a collection of all three.

kidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad:none...ur a nut....its a stalemate ..since ppl are saying LT has more feats..i dnt know how..where...spectre too has feats...maybe even more..

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Tribunal has less low showing, for a 'wrath of god' he sure is impotent

I mean in blackest night he had his face flayed by scarecrow and there is that infamous 'bad' moment when he got the batkick to the face

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx:

batman didn't actually hurt the spectre, spectre allowed it.

on topic: LT stomps

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: I gots it, and spectre just lets it be (huge misconception). But jobbering alot lowers ther credibility of that mighty being

thanks for the link btw

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tribunal is more powerful, going by feats.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Unbound Spectre?