Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

From what I can gather, they are very close to each other in their powers, who walks away from this alive? They have no prep.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Killemall

Spectre should provided he is not jobbing and specially using the latest version of Infinity Gauntlet/.

Granted that during Thanos Infinity Saga, IG were supposed to be the power of Nemesis the being who created Marvel Universe, based on which Thanos should win. This has been retconned and now council of Reed has 4 IG, current Doom from Future Foundation 16 has 2 IGs and now apparently IG is not even complete and is just a universal artifact.

So as far as i am concerned, provided Spectre doesnt fall victim to PIS, Spectre wins :)

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kcaz

thanos with IG has omnipotence.but slightly below LT level. spectre also possesses omnipotence, but is below michael's level, and michael is said to be on LT level. 

so it should be a stalemate 
thanos wins 5/10 battles
spectre wins 5/10 battles

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By blackadamFTW

Depends on which versions of the character.

Crispus Allen would probably lose, but Jim and Hal would probably win.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By joshuagamer

@blackadamFTW: why?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killemall

@kcaz said:

thanos with IG has omnipotence.but slightly below LT level. spectre also possesses omnipotence, but is below michael's level, and michael is said to be on LT level. so it should be a stalemate thanos wins 5/10 battlesspectre wins 5/10 battles

That was only during its orginal series, now there is IG sell on Marvel Megamart.

Recently in Future Foundation 13 (ok 10 - 14 one of them)Council of Reed had 3 IGs with them. Currently in Future Foundation 16 Doom as 2 IG.

Besides the power of the gauntlet was toned down ever since Black September story arc in 1995 and the gauntlet has been deemed incompete too.

Also majority agree LT > Michael.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kcaz

@Killemall said:

@kcaz said:

thanos with IG has omnipotence.but slightly below LT level. spectre also possesses omnipotence, but is below michael's level, and michael is said to be on LT level. so it should be a stalemate thanos wins 5/10 battlesspectre wins 5/10 battles

That was only during its orginal series, now there is IG sell on Marvel Megamart.

Recently in Future Foundation 13 (ok 10 - 14 one of them)Council of Reed had 3 IGs with them. Currently in Future Foundation 16 Doom as 2 IG.

Besides the power of the gauntlet was toned down ever since Black September story arc in 1995 and the gauntlet has been deemed incompete too.

Also majority agree LT > Michael.

dont know how they made so many IGs, but i think the original 1 is the most powerful one. after all, the infinity gems used to power the 1st gauntlet were the very gems which split from nemesis after she committed suicide.

i think many people are saying michael = LT, after all, he stomped spectre. they said they debated that michael + lucifer = presence

Sydneytuah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sydneytuah

Thanos Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemall said:

Spectre should provided he is not jobbing and specially using the latest version of Infinity Gauntlet/.

Granted that during Thanos Infinity Saga, IG were supposed to be the power of Nemesis the being who created Marvel Universe, based on which Thanos should win. This has been retconned and now council of Reed has 4 IG, current Doom from Future Foundation 16 has 2 IGs and now apparently IG is not even complete and is just a universal artifact.

So as far as i am concerned, provided Spectre doesnt fall victim to PIS, Spectre wins :)

Spectre is not winning this.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By blackadamFTW

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

May I ask why?

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kcaz

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

i wont be too sure about that.spectre is at best omnipotent too. though the original IG was powered by the remains of nemesis, i dont think they would provide the user with nemesis's full power. she committed suicide, and her powers were dissipated. however, power at her level will not totally dissipate, the remaining power which were not lost formed into the infinity gems. thats why even with the IG, thanos is still below LT's level.

i'm sticking with stalemate, spectre is also omnipotent, but was not at michael's level

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

@kcaz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

i wont be too sure about that.spectre is at best omnipotent too. though the original IG was powered by the remains of nemesis, i dont think they would provide the user with nemesis's full power. she committed suicide, and her powers were dissipated. however, power at her level will not totally dissipate, the remaining power which were not lost formed into the infinity gems. thats why even with the IG, thanos is still below LT's level.

i'm sticking with stalemate, spectre is also omnipotent, but was not at michael's level

There not Omnipotent, that is TOAA & Precence/Over Moniter.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Killemall

@kcaz said:

dont know how they made so many IGs, but i think the original 1 is the most powerful one. after all, the infinity gems used to power the 1st gauntlet were the very gems which split from nemesis after she committed suicide.

i think many people are saying michael = LT, after all, he stomped spectre. they said they debated that michael + lucifer = presence

That is because the story behind IG has been retconned and IG no long is as powerful as it used to be, it has been retconned as being only a universal level artifact.

Yes and Black September directly contradicts this because Sersi showed up with all new gem called Ego gem, meaning that gauntlet that Thanos possessed which is no longer even complete. Then Black September 0 showed that Nemesis's power were not distributed to 6 gems but 7 gems , with a version of each gem in each alternate reality. In short IG is not longer as powerful.

@jeanroygrant said:

And why not, IG has been retconned to being weaker while Spectre still has Logoz in him which grants him unlimited powers from the Presence. Dont see how IG Thanos would win.

@jeanroygrant said:

Spectre sure as hell isnt onipotent. Also is Over Monitor even a character? Over Monitor and Primal Monitor , have they ever appeared on pannel on any issues?

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kcaz
@Killemall said:

@kcaz said:

That is because the story behind IG has been retconned and IG no long is as powerful as it used to be, it has been retconned as being only a universal level artifact.

Yes and Black September directly contradicts this because Sersi showed up with all new gem called Ego gem, meaning that gauntlet that Thanos possessed which is no longer even complete. Then Black September 0 showed that Nemesis's power were not distributed to 6 gems but 7 gems , with a version of each gem in each alternate reality. In short IG is not longer as powerful.

@jeanroygrant said:

And why not, IG has been retconned to being weaker while Spectre still has Logoz in him which grants him unlimited powers from the Presence. Dont see how IG Thanos would win.

@jeanroygrant said:

Spectre sure as hell isnt onipotent. Also is Over Monitor even a character? Over Monitor and Primal Monitor , have they ever appeared on pannel on any issues?

i think OP meant the original IG that thanos made, not some cheap counterfeit IG
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall

@kcaz said:

i think OP meant the original IG that thanos made, not some cheap counterfeit IG

I agree that if the whole Infinity Gems where not retconned IG Thanos would be more powerful than Spectre, however since it has been retconned we used the most recent version.

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarkseidFanboy

Spectre biatchslaps Thanos and turns him in to a mouse