• 75 results
#1 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spectre
versus

Shuma Gorath
Both characters at there most powerful incarnations in comics for every round

Round one: Battle takes place in the DCU, Shuma is trying to invade and is confronted by the Spectre
Round two: The Spectre takes the fight to Shuma in Shuma's own realm.
Round three: Neutral realm, both characters retain there full power.

FIGHT!!

Who wins?
#2 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always have trouble figuring out how powerful Shuma truly is. I'd imagine Spectre would win round one, Shuma would stomp round 2, and I'm not sure about the third round.

#3 Posted by tron_bonne (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

If CIS applies then Spectre will job and Shuma wins all rounds. If not, I'm going to give Spectre the benefit of the doubt and say that he could protect DC from the wrath of Shuma Gorath. 
Round 2 Spectre looses for sure. 
Round 3 depends on PIS. Spectre might need to merge with another entity.

#4 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne
If CIS applies then Spectre will job and Shuma wins all rounds. If not, I'm going to give Spectre the benefit of the doubt and say that he could protect DC from the wrath of Shuma Gorath. 
Isnt spectre the second most powerful in DC?
#5 Edited by tron_bonne (2512 posts) - - Show Bio
@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne

Depends. He CAN be the 2nd most powerful, but he's not.  Spectre suffers extreme power fluctuations unlike some of Marvel's most powerful beings who have a consistently constant power level. Unlike for the case of Spectre, his power really depends on the event or whatnot, but even when his power is at an near omnipotence level, like Galactus it will just gradually fade away. The ThoughtRobot and Mandrak seem to have more power that does not fluctuate. Even COIE AA seemed more powerful so I don't see or get why people compare the Spectre to likes of the Living Tribunal because Tribunal's power seems more consistently constant than Spectre. Since Spectre's power goes up and down, I better compare him to Galactus than any other Marvel character.
#6 Edited by CapitolPunishment (2483 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne said:

If CIS applies then Spectre will job and Shuma wins all rounds. If not, I'm going to give Spectre the benefit of the doubt and say that he could protect DC from the wrath of Shuma Gorath. Round 2 Spectre looses for sure. Round 3 depends on PIS. Spectre might need to merge with another entity.

Not sure if it counts for anything but The Spectre wrecked DC's version of Shuma Gorath ( Koth Shoggoth) in his own realm.  

Also there are no power variations here, both are at there most powerful.

EDIT: Scans are backwards.

#7 Posted by tron_bonne (2512 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapitolPunishment said:
@tron_bonne said:

If CIS applies then Spectre will job and Shuma wins all rounds. If not, I'm going to give Spectre the benefit of the doubt and say that he could protect DC from the wrath of Shuma Gorath. Round 2 Spectre looses for sure. Round 3 depends on PIS. Spectre might need to merge with another entity.

Not sure if it counts for anything but The Spectre wrecked DC's version of Shuma Gorath ( Koth Shoggoth) in his own realm.  

I'll wait for Cortsether and another person to show up so they can elaborate on that. I personally think that (if that is Shuma) Shuma in DC is a really good feature on itself.
#8 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne
@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne

Depends. He CAN be the 2nd most powerful, but he's not.  Spectre suffers extreme power fluctuations unlike some of Marvel's most powerful beings who have a consistently constant power level. Unlike for the case of Spectre, his power really depends on the event or whatnot, but even when his power is at an near omnipotence level, like Galactus it will just gradually fade away. The ThoughtRobot and Mandrak seem to have more power that does not fluctuate. Even COIE AA seemed more powerful so I don't see or get why people compare the Spectre to likes of the Living Tribunal because Tribunal's power seems more consistently constant than Spectre. Since Spectre's power goes up and down, I better compare him to Galactus than any other Marvel character.
Oh wow
#9 Edited by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne
If CIS applies then Spectre will job and Shuma wins all rounds. If not, I'm going to give Spectre the benefit of the doubt and say that he could protect DC from the wrath of Shuma Gorath.

tron bonne is the last person you want to ask about this, if you want a real answer ask citizenbane.

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9578 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex_Starr said:

@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne
If CIS applies then Spectre will job and Shuma wins all rounds. If not, I'm going to give Spectre the benefit of the doubt and say that he could protect DC from the wrath of Shuma Gorath.

tron bonne is the last person you want to ask about this, if you want a real answer ask citizenbane.

LOL.
#11 Posted by JediXMan (33070 posts) - - Show Bio
@thanobomb1124 said:
@tron_bonne
No. Not at all.
#12 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
@thanobomb1124 said:
@tron_bonne
No. Not at all.
Who would you rank. Top 5
#13 Posted by Huntress_of_the_Dark (113 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex_Starr said: 

@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne

At least the response was legitimate enough. citizenbane would just say Spectre solos. How's that for a real answer.
#14 Posted by BigCimmerian (10101 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne

Actually the second are Lucifer and Michael.

#15 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Huntress_of_the_Dark said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@thanobomb1124 said:

@tron_bonne

At least the response was legitimate enough. citizenbane would just say Spectre solos. How's that for a real answer.

I wasn't talking about the answer, I told him to ask citizenbane specifically about the Spectre's abilities, in which he would give a list of his feats.

#16 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10495 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends really.  
If Spectre fights normally, he will job.  
However, if he gets backing from the Presence well then...this is how poor Shuma  will end up like:  

#17 Posted by JediXMan (33070 posts) - - Show Bio
@thanobomb1124 said:
@JediXMan
@thanobomb1124 said:
@tron_bonne
No. Not at all.
Presence is #1. I'm just going to make a list of people who are stronger than the Spectre, in no particular order:

Lucifer
Michael
CoIE Anti-Monitor (before people say "oh but Spectre beat him blah blah whine whine," Spectre was amped up by CLASSIC FATE, Phantom Stranger, and multiple other powerful mystics. Classic Fate alone has given Spectre a fight)  
Death
Destiny
Dream
Nekron
The Kindly Ones 
The Spear of Destiny (which holds power over the Spectre) 
Mxy
#18 Posted by jaywray (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one: Battle takes place in the DCU, Shuma is trying to invade and is confronted by the Spectre

Round two: The Spectre takes the fight to Shuma in Shuma's own realm.

Round three: Neutral realm, both characters retain there full power

R1 - Spectre, if at full power and doesn't mega job.

R2 - Shuma

R3 - hmmm, think ill have to go with Spectre, not entirely sure how powerful Shuma was in his most powerful form.

#19 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (33199 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@thanobomb1124 said:
@JediXMan
@thanobomb1124 said:
@tron_bonne
No. Not at all.
Presence is #1. I'm just going to make a list of people who are stronger than the Spectre, in no particular order: Lucifer Michael CoIE Anti-Monitor (before people say "oh but Spectre beat him blah blah whine whine," Spectre was amped up by CLASSIC FATE, Phantom Stranger, and multiple other powerful mystics. Classic Fate alone has given Spectre a fight) Death Destiny DreamNekron The Kindly Ones The Spear of Destiny (which holds power over the Spectre) Mxy

You can add 2 more

The Over Monitor

HOG Ion

#20 Posted by JediXMan (33070 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011

Over Monitor has no feats. I think of it as a thing or general aspect of reality than an actual entity.
#21 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Spectre

Round 2: Shuma

Round 3: I think I'll go with Shuma.

#22 Posted by MagneticTempest (310 posts) - - Show Bio
@tron_bonne said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@tron_bonne said:

I'll wait for Cortsether and another person to show up so they can elaborate on that. I personally think that (if that is Shuma) Shuma in DC is a really good feature on itself.

Cortsether was banned by the mods again lol
#23 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@MagneticTempest: BROTHERRRRRR!!!!! 

#24 Posted by Saren (27106 posts) - - Show Bio

Setting aside tron_bonne's BS, Spectre should win everything except Round 2.

Moderator Online
#25 Posted by heraldthemoth (112 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias
#26 Posted by Saren (27106 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

This from the guy who thinks Cyttorak would beat Eternity. Nothing tron_bonne says makes any sense, everyone knows that and I'm pretty sure he knows it too.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

This from the guy who thinks Cyttorak would beat Eternity. Nothing tron_bonne says makes any sense, everyone knows that and I'm pretty sure he knows it too.

Don't bother, I'm pretty sure that Tron Bonne, heraldthemoth, lance bastro, magnetictempest and magneticshock wave are all the same person

#28 Edited by heraldthemoth (112 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

Citation needed bro.
#29 Posted by Saren (27106 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

Citation needed bro.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/cyttorak-vs-616-eternity/622813/

Citation received, bro.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by heraldthemoth (112 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

Citation needed bro.

Citation received, bro.

Thanks for completing my fetch quest. You get minus 20 points. And by the way, when was the last time you saw Eternity not sucking? Hmmm?
#31 Posted by Saren (27106 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

Citation needed bro.

Citation received, bro.

Thanks for completing my fetch quest. You get minus 20 points. And by the way, when was the last time you saw Eternity not sucking? Hmmm?

I'll just ignore this. You can have your half-baked attempt at a last word, tron_bonne. You don't have much else.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by heraldthemoth (112 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

@heraldthemoth said:

@CitizenBane said:

Quit the DCU fanboy bias

Citation needed bro.

Citation received, bro.

I'll just ignore this. You can have your half-baked attempt at a last word, tron_bonne. You don't have much else.

You like to assume things don't you. Here's a present that I know you'll enjoy. 

#33 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the ignorance of paranoid schizophrenics. SMH.

#34 Posted by heraldthemoth (112 posts) - - Show Bio
@MagneticShockwave said:
Inorite? I think they may have OCD also, they show a lot of the symptoms my psychology book talks about
#35 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@heraldthemoth said:
@MagneticShockwave said:
Inorite? I think they may have OCD also, they show a lot of the symptoms my psychology book talks about
I guess we can't blame them for assuming who's who. These guys must be tripping on some acid or something. They need to get a hold of reality.
#36 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has gone way off topic...

#37 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, spectre does this quite easily... since battles are based more on feats, Shuma has none that have been shown. they've been referred to yes, some shown yes, but none of the showings really put him up there. Hell, his current form gets smacked around by Dr. Strange so bad, even Strange himself has confessed to his embarrassment of fighting such a weak opponent.

#38 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Yea, spectre does this quite easily... since battles are based more on feats, Shuma has none that have been shown. they've been referred to yes, some shown yes, but none of the showings really put him up there. Hell, his current form gets smacked around by Dr. Strange so bad, even Strange himself has confessed to his embarrassment of fighting such a weak opponent.

Lol!!! When did Strange confess that he was embarrassed of fight Shuma because he is weak? I think it's the other way around dude. Strange was afraid of Shuma and the Vishanti didn't even want to confront Shuma.

#39 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2128 posts) - - Show Bio

spectre
shuma
shuma

#40 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@nickthedevil said:

Lol!!! When did Strange confess that he was embarrassed of fight Shuma because he is weak? I think it's the other way around dude. Strange was afraid of Shuma and the Vishanti didn't even want to confront Shuma.

Their last fight. (if not their last, then one of their recent ones)

yes, strange confesses that Shuma has gotten considerably weaker.

#41 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb: ohk, i was alittle quick to say that Dr. Strange was embarrassed, but it got to him. he came back from fighting him and was just talking and talking about how much weaker Shuma is now.

#42 Posted by beatboks1 (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it there is a flaw in the OP. Because there is Shuma at his "full power" (in his own dimension) and Shuma at full power outside his dimension.

Therefore

Round 1 Spectre

Round 2 Shuma

Round 3 Spectre (only because a Shuma outside his own dimension is lower in power than one in)

#43 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

The way I see it there is a flaw in the OP. Because there is Shuma at his "full power" (in his own dimension) and Shuma at full power outside his dimension.

Therefore

Round 1 Spectre

Round 2 Shuma

Round 3 Spectre (only because a Shuma outside his own dimension is lower in power than one in)

actually, if Shuma can At least tap into his own dimension, he can be at his strongest. he doesn't necessarily have to be in his own chaos dimension.

#44 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@emperorznb: ohk, i was alittle quick to say that Dr. Strange was embarrassed, but it got to him. he came back from fighting him and was just talking and talking about how much weaker Shuma is now.

Oh... haven't really read upon Shuma recently... but I'll look up to it. Thanks for the info.

#45 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@nickthedevil said:

Oh... haven't really read upon Shuma recently... but I'll look up to it. Thanks for the info.

no prob. im a big fan of the other dimensions :)

#46 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@emperorznb said:

@nickthedevil said:

no prob. im a big fan of the other dimensions :)

Wait, is that the one where that sorcerer guy fooled the fantastic four into reciting an incantation of some sort? That Shuma Gorath that Strange had fought was severely weakened and hungry... If I recall correctly, that weak Shuma Gorath defeated the Fantastic Four quite handily and Strange nearly died when he banished Shuma from the 616 dimension.

#47 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

no, thats earlier i'm sure.

#48 Edited by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb: someone correct me if im wrong, as i do not know much of galactus or death (not too interesting IMO)

but if Death is the same power as galactus, and Galactus is at equal power levels with Mephisto, and Death solo'ed Shuma, doesnt this make Shuma considerably weaker than we thought?

#49 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Dunno, that's the only instance I see where Strange noticed that Shuma was extremely weak and as I recall correctly, that was his last fight with Strange... The latest activity I know from shuma was that he nearly absorbed all of reality untli Vision stabbed him in the eye with some spear (I don't recall the name of the spear tho but I know its magic power is off charts) that sent him back to his dimension.

#50 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@nickthedevil said:

Dunno, that's the only instance I see where Strange noticed that Shuma was extremely weak and as I recall correctly, that was his last fight with Strange... The latest activity I know from shuma was that he nearly absorbed all of reality untli Vision stabbed him in the eye with some spear (I don't recall the name of the spear tho but I know its magic power is off charts) that sent him back to his dimension.

you mean the spear of destiny... but like all major villians, he jobs more often then not... dude's been tripped, and on another occasion punched in the eye by Sue Storm.