• 63 results
KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By KingOfKings1

Spectre absolutely curbstomps . What stops Spectre from depowering Odin and Thor ? He absolutely wrecks both of them at once

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@godxdarkxopal said:

@nickthedevil: I always assumed SA Spectre/Jim Corrigan was the most powerful version..Is it not true..??How would you place each Spectre.??

Everyone was stronger in the SA days.

So,

SA Corrigan

Corrigan

Crispus

Jordan

While the list is almost right (Crispus is definitely the weakest), the statement that "Everyone" was stronger in the SA isn't.

SA MMH was a weak ass version of Superman who wasn't as strong or fast and sucky weakness. never used TP, TK, shape shift, intangibility, invisibility etc.

There are quite a few others who were actually weaker in the SA as well.

Most powerful Version of Wonder Woman was Golden Age. Yes she was still weakened if bound by a man but the GA version actually lassoed and swung moons around and pulled a planet

The hostless is the strongest. Without a host to be shackled to, he is unbound. It's kind of common knowledge that hostless is strongest, it's the whole reason the Presence made him have hosts.

Incorrect. Hostless Spectre is the weakest. Joining the Aztar Avatar to a mortal soul allows the Spectre to access power through the human spirit as well as from the presence. It's the same as Dr fate accessing more power when two beings merge or when Inza accessed it through the souls of her neighbors at their offer.

Here we see when SA Spectre was cut off from his host and vastly weakened, even stating he is "WEAK" when alone. he didn't even have the power to fight a small spirit and and to gather the energy from all over earth

Here we see Spectre cut off from Jim, after which Spectre without the link to Jim can't even handle a single shard Eclipso who Spec needs help to fight. Then Corrigan took the power back and easily dispatches Eclipso.

Here when his connection to Crispus is weakened he is able to be assaulted by souls he has vanquished (something that isn't even an issue when he is joined. During this same story ark when Crispus was "questioning" if he wished to continue to be the Spectre Eclipso caused him great harm just by being.

There are dozens more examples of Spectre being more powerful when bound to a host. The telling point is that he is less restrained.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@beatboks1: I see what you're saying and great scans btw, but I was under the impression that when Spectre was unbound that he was such a threat that it necessitated the intervention of Michael himself just to restrain the Spectre. Wouldn't that mean that the unbound Spectre is extremely powerful?

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@beatboks1: actually, hostless Spectre is more powerful than Allen S.

Even though that's how magic works, you left out two things:

1. The Spectre is not an ordinary magic user, his own power is nigh unlimited. There's two reasons he need hosts, and the second is that he needs a host to access his full power (even then, there's a catch).

2. Hosts like Allen actually does more harm to his power than good, seeing as they disagree with his methods, and restrict the amount of power the Spectre can use.

3. Also, it seems like the Spectre got more powerful the longer he stayed out, even though he didn't start absorbing power until much later.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@beatboks1: actually, hostless Spectre is more powerful than Allen S.

Even though that's how magic works, you left out two things:

1. The Spectre is not an ordinary magic user, his own power is nigh unlimited. There's two reasons he need hosts, and the second is that he needs a host to access his full power (even then, there's a catch).

2. Hosts like Allen actually does more harm to his power than good, seeing as they disagree with his methods, and restrict the amount of power the Spectre can use.

3. Also, it seems like the Spectre got more powerful the longer he stayed out, even though he didn't start absorbing power until much later.

1. The Specte's power is NOT nigh unlimited. If it was we would not have the several dozen incidents in his history where he required outside power to defeat an opponent. Your second part of that sentence confirms what I've told you several dozen times in many threads. "he needs a host to access his full power", translated - without a host he doesn't have access to his full power( i.e. weaker). I knew you wouldn't accept any of the scans because you haven't in the past with some of the other times a Hostelss Spectre has been shown as weaker.
  2. The host has no baring and can not even intervene in the actions of the entity known as Spectre. When the Spectre is needed he leaves the Host's body and acts independently of it. A small aspect of the entity has a degree of the morals of the host and that is all. I can literally spam several hundred images showing times when one of the hosts have opposed teh actions of the Spectre and been unable to prevent them. The only time Crispus EVER had an adverse effect on the Spectre was when he SO QUESTIONED the Spectre's actions that he no longer wanted to be Aztar's host. That weakened link lowered the power
  3. SORRY?? what scans were you reading. On two separate occasions presented (there are like 9 more, but I've shown you them before and you always ignore the evidence and when I don't offer it ask for it) a Single Shard Eclipso OWNED Spectre when unbound and yet was trounced when bound to a host.

Let's remember that while Eclipso was the former Wrath of the presence ( the preceding role of Spectre) he was

1. Cut off from the presence as a source
  2. trapped in the crystal called the Heart of Darkness
  3. The heart of Darkness was shattered into thousands of shards.

He has amped himself several times over the years to levels that would challenge some of the greater powers in DCU magic by

a) linking to many beings of darkness ( Shade etc in the JLA ark and through them the starheart)

b) gathering many shards of the heart of darkness.

At no point on his own without an amp should he EVER be a danger to the Spectre without some serious amps.

@beatboks1: I see what you're saying and great scans btw, but I was under the impression that when Spectre was unbound that he was such a threat that it necessitated the intervention of Michael himself just to restrain the Spectre. Wouldn't that mean that the unbound Spectre is extremely powerful?

This has more to do with the fact that the Spectre is an entity without a mortal construct to limit the amount of magic it can wield. Probably the most powerful entity in the DCU after Spectre is his arch enemy Zor (Classic Appearances). Zor was a spirit who had wandered the Earth for centuries and had learned magic. There is a limit to how much eldrich energy can be used through a physical form, so any non physical entity wielding power is always able to use more. All mystics in the DCU tap the "mana" the energy that flows through all things. For mortals they can do so much with just spells etc and more with familiars (where they power is also focused through another like a cat/ owl etc a second "plug" - I'll explain in a bit). And more again with talismans (another "plug" with less "resistance").

Think of the mana as like the energy in an electric power main. A physical form is more constrained (or a smaller wire that can carry and handle less charge), where a non physical form is spread and more like a high tension power line. When the Spectre has a host he is in a sense plugged into the mana through the host as well as plugged in to it through his OWN entity (Aztar) and again with a 15 amp plug through the presence himself. Unbound he still has the latter two, so is still immensely powerful, but without the host it takes him longer to build up the same levels of energy- he just has slightly smaller connection. The fact that he is such an entity means his form can still handle vast amounts of energy, it's just going to take him longer to get to that level than with a host.

In the SA scans I showed the Spectre went to places of Worship to increase his power. This is the very same way that the Lords of Order and Chaos increased their power throughout history. In the modern era the Lords of Order assigned an entity to gather the dream energy of man (Gray man) to forgo the need to do so. Other entities like uncle Sam are also powered by the beliefs of others. Spectre can still become incredibly powerful and there is very few limits to the amount of energy he can wield (this is also why Nabu is so much more powerful in his energy form than in any type of physical entity). Combine that with the fact that unbound means he looses all constraints and he can certainly become a great threat (DoV certainly proves that).

Simple fact is at base unbound is lower and takes longer to get to those levels, while bound is less likely to want to. However all you have to do is look at when Spectre was at his height in power, it was when bound in COIE when he absorbed the magical power of ALL DCU mystics (first from drawing it himself, then by it being gifted by said mystics). If Unbound is the most powerful why is it that the greatest feat ever performed by any version of Spectre was by a bound one??

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre...

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre curbstomps Slowdinson

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre stomps

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd usually just assume the Spectre would casually obliterate them both because of his position but that position seems to make him get used as a stepping stone a lot, EG getting at least a fight out of some nobody Cthulhu ripoff (Koth-Shugoth), being hurt by Darkseid's lousy Omega Beams that can't even kill Doomsday (a ripoff of the grey version of the Hulk with horns) or even the post-Crisis Superman (who is weaker than Doomsday), etc. So by the standards of some lousy showings on the Spectre's part and the fact that Odin rocked the whole multiverse when he fought Set (the battle took place through every plane of reality or existence or whatever) it might not be impossible for these guys to win. And I don't think feats should matter for RKT. He has the Odinpower too and also those magic power rune thingies, not to mention that in one instance I saw he was able to shoot Ego the Living Planet with a universe-shaking thermoblast from his hammer. Seriously, universe-shaking. Just from his hammer.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spectre.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spectre gives them the Darkseid treatment.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Based on consistent showings either RKT or Odin should solo.

rhistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Spectre isn't jobbing as usual, then Spectre.