This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

I already know the spectre would win. Duh. But does anyone know if the two have ever met/fought in a comic? If anyone knows of any confrontations between the Spectre and Doomsday please post.

#2 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it.

#3 Posted by jhniner (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent seen one but it would be cool to see how they would make it competitive between the 2,The Spectre is truly bad-ass.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it's never been actually in a comic to my knowledge...

but my money's on the Specter, he could erase doomsday from existence before Doomsday got a chance to fight back.

you've got the remember the the Specter is powered by the creator, basically the right hand of God.

M

#5 Posted by chris kent (228 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Specter was able to take full force punchs form SA Superman...yea DD doesnt stand a chance......lol 
#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
When all is said and done, Doomsday can do nothing to the Spectre. Problem is, the Spectre can do many things to Doomsday.
#7 Posted by Goenitz (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Rapestomp
#8 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre can just make DD disappear some how or teleport him to another part of the Universe I'm sure...

#9 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand The Spectre is pretty much the right hand of God, but Doomsday is from an entirely different Universe. I mean, it says in his origins that he came to our Galaxy through a tear in space from one of The Guardians. So that makes me think he has a completely different God, a God that doesn't give orders to The Spectre. So I would think that the God that gives power to The Spectre wouldn't have the power to erase Doomsday, and even if he did, wouldn't Doomsday just re-form and come back better? I mean, Imperiex, who is a "God" eliminated Doomsday, leaving him as a "glowing skeleton," and he still came back, now stronger than Imperiex. Darkseid, who is as well a "God," was manhandled by Doomsday. Darkseid can wipe people from existence with his Omega-Rays, which did absolutely nothing. Also, Doomsday was a science experiment, he wasn't even created by a "God," so? Bertron invented him, whom was murdered by Doomsday. I mean, I think Doomsday would probably be a handful for The Spectre. I mean, Captain Marvel made problems for The Spectre, and other magical beings could as well; so that's why I think The Spectre would have his hands full with Doomsday.

#10 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre wills him out of existence and flagged.

#11 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@doubleaa54 said:

I understand The Spectre is pretty much the right hand of God, but Doomsday is from an entirely different Universe. I mean, it says in his origins that he came to our Galaxy through a tear in space from one of The Guardians. So that makes me think he has a completely different God, a God that doesn't give orders to The Spectre. So I would think that the God that gives power to The Spectre wouldn't have the power to erase Doomsday, and even if he did, wouldn't Doomsday just re-form and come back better? I mean, Imperiex, who is a "God" eliminated Doomsday, leaving him as a "glowing skeleton," and he still came back, now stronger than Imperiex. Darkseid, who is as well a "God," was manhandled by Doomsday. Darkseid can wipe people from existence with his Omega-Rays, which did absolutely nothing. Also, Doomsday was a science experiment, he wasn't even created by a "God," so? Bertron invented him, whom was murdered by Doomsday. I mean, I think Doomsday would probably be a handful for The Spectre. I mean, Captain Marvel made problems for The Spectre, and other magical beings could as well; so that's why I think The Spectre would have his hands full with Doomsday.

im not even sure why bump this thread since OP didn't intend for it do be a battle.

Not to mention that your interpretations are completely false, i mean God not being able to erase doomsday? c'mon, i dont think that you actually believe that.

#12 Edited by russellmania77 (15955 posts) - - Show Bio

did anybody read the op before saying its a stomp?

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.

#14 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc has only 1 God, Yaweh or Presence, whichever name you prefer, and is not just a god of one universe but the whole Dc actuality.

When Imperix destroyed Doomsday, he actually died and did not come back to life again. Luthor cloned an entirely new Doomsday.

#15 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc has only 1 God, Yaweh or Presence, whichever name you prefer, and is not just a god of one universe but the whole Dc actuality.

When Imperix destroyed Doomsday, he actually died and did not come back to life again. Luthor cloned an entirely new Doomsday.

no actually there was another one in rann/thangar volume 1 in fact, it has a creation story of its own.

#16 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

no actually there was another one in rann/thangar volume 1 in fact, it has a creation story of its own.

Thats very strange, given Earth 1 should well be right smack within Presence creation.. but meh!

Havent read anything on Rann / Thanagar so i obviously dont know :)

#17 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

Thats very strange, given Earth 1 should well be right smack within Presence creation.. but meh!

Havent read anything on Rann / Thanagar so i obviously dont know :)

yeah well, it was written by starlin so im not surprised.

#18 Posted by doubleaa54 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@doubleaa54 said:

im not even sure why bump this thread since OP didn't intend for it do be a battle.

Not to mention that your interpretations are completely false, i mean God not being able to erase doomsday? c'mon, i dont think that you actually believe that.

Well, before I looked into further, I thought Doomsday, since being from a completely different Galaxy, had a different God; which I thought meant that the God of the other Galaxy wouldn't have the power to erase Doomsday, because it wasn't of that God's creation, or anything. But I've come to learn that the DC Universe has one almighty God, The Presence, or if you count Superman-Prime 1,000,000? So, I also learned from one of the other previous comments that Lex Luthor was the only reason for Doomsday return after being extinct by Imperiex. But I still think Doomsday would be a handful for The Spectre. I mean, come on, Captain Marvel, Shazam, was able to give him a handful, you don't think the mightiest force in any Universe could? Also, The Spectre isn't "God," he is God's right hand, which means he doesn't necessarily have all the same powers of The Presence. I mean, I agree that The Spectre could defeat Doomsday, but I at least think that Doomsday would be no pushover.

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (91942 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even a battle thread.