#1 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandrakk has recently sucked The Radiant dry of her powers and proceeds to challenge The Spectre. The Spectre knows that he will have to muster all the power of the Logoz to beat Mandrakk.

Round 1: Both in character

Round 2: Bloodlusted

VS

#2 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandrakk both rounds.

#3 Edited by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

''Calls CitizenBane''

#4 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93:

just a little advice, dont bump a thread after 30 minutes.

#7 Posted by SpectresWrath01 (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going with Spectre. Nothing will prevail against Gods Vengence!

On a serious note though. This is a tough battle but when Superman defeated the Mandrakk I feel his upgrade was extremely powerful but I didnt feel it was on par with the Spectre. I dunno IMO. Spectre has defeat Celestial beings, Gods, and the only one that I know of that has caused him problems was the Imp from the 5th and Nekron do to having no soul to judge. Which really is a loophole and does not count as a loss for the Spectre. IMO

As far as Mxy goes Spectre I believe can take him if was able to judge him.

#8 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

Didint Mandrakk already beat the Spectre and the Radient?

#9 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

On a serious note though. This is a tough battle but when Superman defeated the Mandrakk I feel his upgrade was extremely powerful but I didnt feel it was on par with the Spectre. I dunno IMO. Spectre has defeat Celestial beings, Gods, and the only one that I know of that has caused him problems was the Imp from the 5th and Nekron do to having no soul to judge. Which really is a loophole and does not count as a loss for the Spectre. IMO

no, many beings have caused the spectre problems though in many cases it's PIS.

joker with mxy's powers did beat the spectre.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (225103 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Mandrakk... even though he has few feats.

#11 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

Didint Mandrakk already beat the Spectre and the Radient?

Yes but that was Crispus Allen Spectre who has yet to fully master the power of the Spectre. Corrigan is Spectre's most powerful host.

#12 Posted by Saren (25083 posts) - - Show Bio

"All the power of the Logoz" is an ill-defined quantity; only speculation is possible with that as a basis.

#13 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: So Jim Crrigan Spectre is above Ciprus Allen Spectre and Radient?

#14 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: So Jim Crrigan Spectre is above Ciprus Allen Spectre and Radient?

Yes. Despite being called as ''on par with the Spectre'', Radiant has almost no feats at all. Jim Corrigan Spectre held and contained universes, fought with Zero Hour Parallax and actually indirectly defeated with ease, since Parallax's energy was depleted while battling The Spectre and The Spectre had no power amp at all, fought and was actually overpowering the Anti-Monitor until he got KOed by the energy of the creatin when Krona opened the portal. At that point Anti-Monitor had the power of all the heroes of the multiverse, while Spectre had the backing of 8 sorcerers from a single earth.

#15 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: Then I go with the spectre. I always thought Mandrakk was a little over hyped power wise.

#18 Edited by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

"All the power of the Logoz" is an ill-defined quantity; only speculation is possible with that as a basis.

What I was trying was to trying to say is Corrigan tapping the power of Logoz, like he did when he contained the creation inside him when he was looking for The Presence. Anyway, without PIS, who would come on top? You know Aztar more than the rest of us.

#19 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93:The spectre wins here!!....he is the right hand of God??? and the divine wrath of God and the vengeance of God right?????

#20 Posted by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

@spectreswrath01 said:

no, many beings have caused the spectre problems though in many cases it's PIS.

joker with mxy's powers did beat the spectre.

I think that's why the OP has Corrigan the most aggressive and powerful host.

#21 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93:The spectre wins here!!....he is the right hand of God??? and the divine wrath of God and the vengeance of God right?????

Well right hand is quite arguably due to the existence of Michael and no, divine wrath is actually an aspect of Spectre seen by people and Spectre is actually a spirit merged with the Logoz, a piece of God.

#22 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Corrigan easily.

If he can go toe to toe with Anti-Monitor then he can take Mandrakk.

#23 Posted by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93 dude...i heard it was Jim corrigan that was in the spectre..please prove me wrong...many dudes sais it was jim corrigan...not crispus allen....and it seems mandrakk has never fought spectre or radiant...it was vandal savage in disguise of Cain(as in cain vs abel) with the spear of destiny that defeated the spectre...the spear was corrupted during hitler's possession ....@citizenbaneam i right here dude?

#24 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder said:

@sithlantern93 dude...i heard it was Jim corrigan that was in the spectre..please prove me wrong...many dudes sais it was jim corrigan...not crispus allen....and it seems mandrakk has never fought spectre or radiant...it was vandal savage in disguise of Cain(as in cain vs abel) with the spear of destiny that defeated the spectre...the spear was corrupted during hitler's possession ....@citizenbaneam i right here dude?

I dont think you will still change your assessment but it was Crispus Allen that fought Mandrakk and not Jim Corrigan, while it was Jim or rather an unbound (hostless) Spectre that fought COIE Anti-Monitor

Vandal Savage vs Spectre is a wholly different issue, Final Crisis Revelation 03

#25 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:I like to say this was posted 4 hours ago..before you gave me the final the final answer...so u did help me clarify my doubts and corrected my quote's taken from several threads...(the LT vs Spectre thing earlier)

Now let me see...whaaat..it was a different issue? ..this final crisis is after final crisis legion of 3 worlds?..where does this come in dude...man..how is Cain so powerful?was he possessed or something?

Do you have the scans where crispus allen Spectre fighting with mandrakkk?and the comic issue...Thanks bro.you are really helpful ...hope your not tearing your hair out here..ahahah

#26 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder: Final Crisis Revelation 03, which is Vandal Savage vs Spectre (which continues for few more issues) , in December 2008. Mandrakk draining and beating Spectre and Radiant together in Final Crisis 7, March 2009.

Final Crisis main story arc ran from 2008 - 2009. The story arc had many smaller stories in it, which were run under seperate titles: Final Crisis Revelation as well as Legion of 3 Worlds are 2 different titles , within Final Crisis main even, often called tie-in story arc.

#27 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have the scans where crispus allen Spectre fighting with mandrakkk?and the comic issue...Thanks bro..really helpful u are..

We dont see them fight, i did post the scan before, we just see Mandrakk claiming he fought and drained Spectre and Radiant, and we see both of them on the ground helpless.

#28 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:Thats the one i got confuse about...is that called off panel?because the battle never took place....when mandrakk claimed he defeated both of them?i just saw the scans...radiant and spectre lying on the floor unconscious ...hmmm claiming...

And dude...how is cain suddenly powerful...is he possessed or something ..or is it because he was holding the spear of destiny??

#29 Edited by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder said:

@killemall:Thats the one i got confuse about...is that called off panel?because the battle never took place....when mandrakk claimed he defeated both of them?i just saw the scans...radiant and spectre lying on the floor unconscious ...hmmm claiming...

And dude...how is cain suddenly powerful...is he possessed or something ..or is it because he was holding the spear of destiny??

Spear of Destiny is Spectre's kryptonite and Cain was deemed untouchable by the Presence. Plus Crispus's faith in God was lost due to punishing his own son as Spectre and as result of this, he was unable to use Spectre's power efficiently.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: I was just about to reply, you got there first :)

Also Crispsus Allen is pretty clearly the weakest host of Spectre thus far.

Hoping Jim Corrigan would again impress us in the current continuity :)

#31 Edited by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well Crispus may have low and PIS filled showings against Nekron and Mandrakk( Not so PIS but still quite low IMO) but it was still impressive to see him purge the ALE after seeing his son resurrected. Corrigan was a badass and possibly the most powerful host of the Spectre due to his showings of fighting multiversal threats but I don't think that Corrigan fully demonstrated or understood the power of the Spectre. I wish Hal's time as Spectre was not cancelled so we could have seen more possibilities of the Logoz that is truly the Spectre. Also I have seen people deem Hal as being the weakest host of the Spectre. I urge them to read the very last issue of the Volume 4. I don't think Corrigan should return as Spectre. I really don't know why New 52 decided to mess with the Spectre. Corrigan is freaking done with it! That is why Alan and Wonder Woman could not persuade Jim to come back as Spectre when Asmodel was merged with the entity. I think writers should get rid of Crispus because he is very similar to Corrigan, a dead cop. DC should go with the way when they decided to get rid of Hal as GL and introduce Kyle Rayner, a person who has crazy imagination! A new creative host who can fully utilize the power the Logoz is what the Spectre needs in my opinion.

#32 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: Kyle as a spectre, he always seems to light hearted and being under the influence of one of the darkest force in universe might be a fresh twist, although i dont see that as a viable long run strategy.

#33 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I did not say that Kyle should be the host of Spectre. Someone who has a crazy imagination like him should be the host.

#34 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: I am going with Mandrakk, he was meant to be a beyond multiversal level of threat, so he has that going for him, and Spectre to my knoweledge has never defeated a multiversal threat before. He doesnt have a lot of feat, i'll give you that, but one of the feat was defeated a weak version of Spectre, i think that should count :)

#36 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well does Zero Hour Parallax count? I know DC did not have a multiverse back then but ZHP was capable of creating a multiverse and Spectre's war on magic in Day of Vengeance also severely weakened Mr Mxyzptlk and was not Mandrakk beaten by 52 Supermen, 5 or 6 GLs whose rings were nearly depleted, a couple of angles and the Zoo Crew? I am going to sound biased but I really don't understand why Mandrakk was so over hyped. Hell in one thread I saw someone saying that Pre-Retcon Beyonder's power won't affect Mandrakk.

#37 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well does Zero Hour Parallax count? I know DC did not have a multiverse back then but ZHP was capable of creating a multiverse

While i would, hesitantly so, put Zero Hour Parallax as a multiversal powerhouse, Spectre did not beat him. In fact Spectre disappeared in the middle of the fight.

Spectre's war on magic in Day of Vengeance also severely weakened Mr Mxyzptlk

I honestly still call that PIS, because the idea that Mxy power is connected to magic, isnt something i buy, and its 2 issues vs everything else, that says so.

was not Mandrakk beaten by 52 Supermen, 5 or 6 GLs whose rings were nearly depleted, a couple of angles and the Zoo Crew? I am going to sound biased but I really don't understand why Mandrakk was so over hyped.

Its more to do with the wishing well than anything else, which has the magical ability make wishes come true. Just before the fight Superman makes a wish, then after Mandrakk is defeated by the Supermen of the multiverse, when asked Clark replies "I wished for a happy ending".

I think that was more to do with the wish being made as opposed to him not having raw power to beat a small army of Supermen.

Hell in one thread I saw someone saying that Pre-Retcon Beyonder's power won't affect Mandrakk.

Now thats wanking Mandrakk :p

#38 Edited by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@sithlantern93 said:

@killemall: Well does Zero Hour Parallax count? I know DC did not have a multiverse back then but ZHP was capable of creating a multiverse

While i would, hesitantly so, put Zero Hour Parallax as a multiversal powerhouse, Spectre did not beat him. In fact Spectre disappeared in the middle of the fight.

Spectre's war on magic in Day of Vengeance also severely weakened Mr Mxyzptlk

I honestly still call that PIS, because the idea that Mxy power is connected to magic, isnt something i buy, and its 2 issues vs everything else, that says so.

was not Mandrakk beaten by 52 Supermen, 5 or 6 GLs whose rings were nearly depleted, a couple of angles and the Zoo Crew? I am going to sound biased but I really don't understand why Mandrakk was so over hyped.

Its more to do with the wishing well than anything else, which has the magical ability make wishes come true. Just before the fight Superman makes a wish, then after Mandrakk is defeated by the Supermen of the multiverse, when asked Clark replies "I wished for a happy ending".

I think that was more to do with the wish being made as opposed to him not having raw power to beat a small army of Supermen.

Hell in one thread I saw someone saying that Pre-Retcon Beyonder's power won't affect Mandrakk.

Spectre appeared after three pages and Parallax fighting Spectre drained him of his power as it was stated by Kyle.

I call BS on that. If it was supposed to be a ''magical wish'' or something, then how come Mandrakk did not just stop existing and the damage he done repaired instantaneosuly? You don't get a better happy ending than that unless Superman was specific about his wish, which is never stated. I think they way they made Superman beat Mandrakk is that Superman is the ''hero that DCU deserves and needs'' crap.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/anti-monitor-monitor-and-mandrakk-vs-the-beyonder-404038/

Check the third page, then fourth post.

#39 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre appeared after three pages and Parallax fighting Spectre drained him of his power as it was stated by Kyle.

That still isn't a clear defeat, besides when Spectre was fighting Parallax, we have the following context:

1. Parallax has used most of his powers destroying and re-creating , or at least trying to recreate the multiverse.

2. Spectre had help from heroes while fighting Parallax, and instead of putting him down, Spectre gets blasted and disappears for 3 pages, very uncharacteristic of Spectre to just leave, unless he was for a short time, taken out from the fight.

3. Most importantly, while Spectre was fighting Parallax, he was simultaneously being drained by the heroes, which can account for, at least in part , of why he is depowered.

"It's working, we are absorbing most of Parallax's energy"

I call BS on that. If it was supposed to be a ''magical wish'' or something, then how come Mandrakk did not just stop existing and the damage he done repaired instantaneosuly? You don't get a better happy ending than that unless Superman was specific about his wish, which is never stated. I think they way they made Superman beat Mandrakk is that Superman is the ''hero that DCU deserves and needs'' crap.

I wont glorify that instance, it was BS, but the way i see it, DC did make a threat that was beyond multiversal, someone who feeds from the very blood of multiverse and is powerful enough to physically push back 52 universe.

Then we have to have him defeated, but instead of the wishing well having him defeated instantly, they had him fight Supermen of the multiverse, and put in the clause to , at least in part, justify how a beyond multiversal threat was defeated by supermen squad.

Its just DC way of weaseling out a defeat, and giving fan a probable cause of why he was defeated.

#40 Edited by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Spectre lose again but he wins both rounds

#41 Posted by SithLantern93 (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol: And I wish you do not go around bumping threads that are at least a year old. But you do it anyway.