the sopranos vs the corleone

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackadam

the two organizations are in an open war.  
first ronud:
the head of the corleone family is santino "sonny"    corleone.  
the head of the sopranos is tony. 
second round: 
soprano family head: corrado soprano 
corleone family head: vito corleone
which family do you think is gonna win in an open war?
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Sonny is the weakest link in the Corleone family " except Fredo" if it was Micheal or Vito would be a landslide win, wasnt Sonny only tempory head of the family for like  half hour of a movie anyways? almost impossible to  give him any backing as a result. Where as Micheal and Vito are both leading the family for a  film and half each and have shown their abilty to lead and make decisions where Sonny may have made like one decision in his entire time in franchise.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blackadam
@lazystudent said:
"Sonny is the weakest link in the Corleone family " except Fredo" if it was Micheal or Vito would be a landslide win, wasnt Sonny only tempory head of the family for like  half hour of a movie anyways? almost impossible to  give him any backing as a result. Where as Micheal and Vito are both leading the family for a  film and half each and have shown their abilty to lead and make decisions where Sonny may have made like one decision in his entire time in franchise. "

sonny was my favorite character in the first movie, he was hot headed i know, but did you watch or read mario puzzo comments about him? he said sonny help hos father in the 30 to the raqise of power, he even say it to michael:" that is the best when it comes to action". mario puzzos wanted to make  a fourth film about the corleone raise to power in the prohibition era where sonny was goign to be the lead character. anyway is tony plays it smart he can beat sonny but in an open war, i dont know.
Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been way way to long since I read the book. But going from the movies, I think Sonny's leadership skills are laking, he's also a little too hot-headed. With that said, The Corleones should have the Sopranos outnumbered, and they're politically more powerful (Even though that would depend on what's going on with Vito for the purposes of this battle, is he dead, incapacitated like in the film, or retired?) 

Hard to call, but I'll give it to the Corleones in a tight run race. With Michael or Vito in charge, or even assuming Sonny has access to half of Vito's connections, I would say that the Corleones stomp though. 

Though thinking on it, do The Sopranos have modern tech backing them? Guns are guns when it comes to this, but something like cell phones would tip the scales massively. 

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blackadam
@Do I have to give a name? said:
"It's been way way to long since I read the book. But going from the movies, I think Sonny's leadership skills are laking, he's also a little too hot-headed. With that said, The Corleones should have the Sopranos outnumbered, and they're politically more powerful (Even though that would depend on what's going on with Vito for the purposes of this battle, is he dead, incapacitated like in the film, or retired?)  Hard to call, but I'll give it to the Corleones in a tight run race. With Michael or Vito in charge, or even assuming Sonny has access to half of Vito's connections, I would say that the Corleones stomp though.  Though thinking on it, do The Sopranos have modern tech backing them? Guns are guns when it comes to this, but something like cell phones would tip the scales massively.  "

tech is allowe...cool that you read the book, i am goign to buy it this week. as i said before sonny may have a chance at winning, i mena, he was doing well in the war until he got murdered for being hot headed and acted without thinking. mario puzzo himself in an interview said sonny help vito when the family was coming to power, in action he was more expericened than michael but he wasnt that tactical, if tony can pull an ambush to sonny then he might win, but i dont think this is much a stomp in the soprano favor just because sonny is in charge of the corleone family. by the way no political connections.
hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hulkbuster94

2nd round is a stomp in terms of round two i don't know if you remember but vito has the most dangerous asset on his side all he does is orders luca brasi and he assassinates all the sopranos