#1 Posted by Shadow_KingOf Killers (524 posts) - - Show Bio
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
StarKiller
Mighty Thor
   can the three powerful Sith's of the dark side win by defeating thor? or will thor  be to much for them and show em why they call him the god of thunder    this thor without odin force but do he need it? 
#2 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

thor has way more power than the sith, I dont think they could really hurt him or put him a spot where he could loose. That said they could give him problems but they cant take his power or hits. I dont know if the sabers can cut him? I will go with thor

starkiller is the baddest of the sith

#3 Posted by Shadow_KingOf Killers (524 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"thor has way more power than the sith, I dont think they could really hurt him or put him a spot where he could loose. That said they could give him problems but they cant take his power or hits. I dont know if the sabers can cut him? I will go with thor

starkiller is the baddest of the sith"

good point  and yeah starkiller is the baddest.
#4 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

ha, thor would kill them without odin force.

#5 Posted by Lunacyde (18461 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pretty sure thier sabers could cut him.

#6 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

im sure that thor would take them out... not easy because they will give him hell but im pretty sure thor will come out on top for the victory))

#7 Posted by Lunacyde (18461 posts) - - Show Bio

I think all three of them working together has a very good chance of beating him.

#8 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them have a chance in hell. Angry bloodlusted Thor flies to the sky higher then they can percieve, calls storms, and fries them all.

#9 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio
LegendaryKYJ said:
"None of them have a chance in hell. Angry bloodlusted Thor flies to the sky higher then they can percieve, calls storms, and fries them all."

yep i agree.
#10 Posted by Darth Balls (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Sith could do it if they had some prep.

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabers should beable to cut Thor, but it would take some time, like when they try to cut through a thick door or something. Thor has the power though to take them all out with one strike, so he will win.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Thor wins... but it wont be that easy... not against Starkiller and Sidious
#13 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor easy

#14 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, with contemptuous ease.

#15 Posted by Fresh Prince (5066 posts) - - Show Bio
LegendaryKYJ said:
"None of them have a chance in hell. Angry bloodlusted Thor flies to the sky higher then they can percieve, calls storms, and fries them all."
#16 Posted by Shadow Tiger (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Really people? You think Thor could win that easily? I'm pretty sure that when you know nothing of the Force and you're getting choked from like fifty feet away, you're pretty helpless.

#17 Posted by Fresh Prince (5066 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Tiger said:
"Really people? You think Thor could win that easily? I'm pretty sure that when you know nothing of the Force and you're getting choked from like fifty feet away, you're pretty helpless."
he could stay further than 50 ft away and just strike em with lightning
#18 Posted by Lunacyde (18461 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a number of things that the Sith could do....however Thors durabilty is pretty impressive and he does have the power to control the weather....

#19 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Tiger said:
"Really people? You think Thor could win that easily? I'm pretty sure that when you know nothing of the Force and you're getting choked from like fifty feet away, you're pretty helpless."
Pretty hard to hold a force choke when a) your opponent is far more durable than any being in your experience, or for that matter the entire galaxy, and b) your opponent is saturating the area with lightening.  And that's real lightening, not watered down force-lightening.
#20 Posted by Lunacyde (18461 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know that force lightening is really that watered down....I guess in the movies it was....but anyways I agree with the rest of your post.

#21 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Thor could take them verily easily. Tsunami, largets Thunder storm known to man, send Mjolnir in at beyond light speeds, Vortex them away.

Im not sure what they could do to him really. When's the last time anyone saw anything non-mystical cut him? Not sure about the sabers.

Force pushes and such he should be able to take.

Force choke and internal attacks should be more effective, assuming his physiology is exactly the same in terms of his hearty and such.

Doubt he is weak willed enough to be mind tricked.

#22 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow_KingOf Killers said:
"speedlgt said:
"thor has way more power than the sith, I dont think they could really hurt him or put him a spot where he could loose. That said they could give him problems but they cant take his power or hits. I dont know if the sabers can cut him? I will go with thor

starkiller is the baddest of the sith"

good point  and yeah starkiller is the baddest."
Not really, more like, worst of the line-up
#23 Posted by Erik (32066 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor is the pimp. Enough said.
#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

Fix    

#25 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
"Thor is the pimp. Enough said. "
#26 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna have to go with Thor... he's kind of a god....

#27 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio
@speedlgt said:
"thor has way more power than the sith, I dont think they could really hurt him or put him a spot where he could loose. That said they could give him problems but they cant take his power or hits. I dont know if the sabers can cut him? I will go with thor starkiller is the baddest of the sith "

-_- no. hes not
#28 Posted by supermandefender (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sith tells Thor. "Thor wants to go away" AS they Wave their hand magically around and pray to god it works.

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"ha, thor would kill them without odin force. "
#30 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, but there are 2 possible outcomes: 

1. Sideous solos. 
or 
2. Thor wins. 

I'm leaning towards Sideous Soloing though. He has mad feats.
#31 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor flattens them like pancakes. 

@departed402 said:

"I'm not sure, but there are 2 possible outcomes:  1. Sideous solos. or 2. Thor wins.  I'm leaning towards Sideous Soloing though. He has mad feats. "

So does Thor.
#32 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@departed402 said:
" I'm not sure, but there are 2 possible outcomes:  1. Sideous solos. or 2. Thor wins.  I'm leaning towards Sideous Soloing though. He has mad feats. "
Like?
#33 Edited by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know enough to say for sure that Sideous could solo, but I do know Essence Transfer made him almost impossible to kill, and he could use Force Storm to bend space and send an enitre planet's surface through a wormhole to another portion of space and he could destroy entire fleets. He could whip up one of these Force Storms in a matter of seconds.
#34 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@departed402 said:
"
I don't know enough to say for sure that Sideous could solo, but I do know Essence Transfer made him almost impossible to kill, and he could use Force Storm to bend space and send an enitre planet's surface through a wormhole to another portion of space. He could whip up one of these Force Storms in a matter of seconds. "
Mjolnir can bend space and time as well. 
#35 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Sith I believe =)

#36 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins here

#37 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious solos. 

Vader and Starkiller are utterly useless. 

#38 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" Sidious solos.  Vader and Starkiller are utterly useless.  "
Since I know you know your Star Wars mythology, tell me about Sidious. 
#39 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3525 posts) - - Show Bio
@LegendaryKYJ said:
" None of them have a chance in hell. Angry bloodlusted Thor flies to the sky higher then they can percieve, calls storms, and fries them all. "
Agreed. He'd be executing his own version of Order 66.
#40 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said: 

@Silver2467 said: 

" Sidious solos.  Vader and Starkiller are utterly useless.  "

Since I know you know your Star Wars mythology, tell me about Sidious.  "
Glad you caught the bait. :) 

This is my take on this. Sidious would have to make proper use of his Force powers. I am of the opinion that a lightsaber would fail to penetrate Thor's skin, just as it would Superman or Silver Surfer or others of that durability range. I could see it being debated, but as it is, my opinion is that it would be ineffective. As well, since a lightsaber blade is a concentrated energy plasma, Mjolnir should be able to absorb it. There have been Force sensitives who have used Force Absorption to literally absorb a lightsaber blade into their hands before; so Thor drawing in the energy using his hammer should be no trouble. There is also the possibility that a lightsaber may simply break if Thor struck it with Mjolnir. Luke has shattered his lightsaber before (albeit, against an enemy that lives its entire life in molten lava). Theoretically, if Sidious or Vader or Starkiller struck at Thor with their lightsabers, and Thor parried or struck back at them, their lightsabers could break. Lightsabers will be of no consequence in this fight, in my opinion. Like I said above, neither Vader nor Starkiller would make any difference in this. Neither are anywhere near telekinetically powerful enough to hurt Thor, both are far slower than he is, either can be one-shotted by him (and Vader is susceptible to electricity, which Thor has in abundance), and both are less maneuverable than Thor. Vader has more versatility than Starkiller does, as side from Telekinesis, he knows Absorption, Deflection, Mind Control, Beast Control, Lightsaber Throw, and some other powers, but none of these would be useful. His Absorption and Deflection feats are not at a high enough level where he could conceivably block any of Thor's energy attacks, and his durability, while great enough to withstand explosions and heavy blunt force, is no more help. Vader's TP feats are few and far between and lack the power and efficiency to affect Thor. With Starkiller, he has significantly less durability than Vader while having more speed, but overall, the same applies to him. Starkiller's Lightning is fairly weak. More than one enemy have withstood it and stood back up. He is also a very brash and overall unskillful duelist who prefers to charge in head first against his opponent, a strategy that would result in him being demolished against Thor. And again, their TK is too weak for this. 

This rests on Sidious. His Lightning has been able to scorch Dark Side Acolytes to skeletons in one hit, kill miniature armies, and tear apart a dark side beast (scans below), but even his Lightning should be inadequate to cause any damage.       

Still, I think he would notice fairly quickly the inability for Lightning to hurt Thor. From there, he may approach with a lightsaber attack. As I pointed out above, Thor has methods of handling this, which may cut this tactic short. However, Palpatine does have greater combat speed than Thor, as far as I have seen. In the RotS novel, he was approaching relativistic speeds in combat and again fighting in a "tornado of feet and fists and blades" (I will provide a link to show quotes from this at the end of my post). So evading Thor's hits while attacking him should be within the realm of his capability, especially when considering not only his raw speed but the fact that he fights at those speeds while performing specific sword strikes, blocks, parries, dodges, and acrobatic movements, meaning he was fighting at extreme velocities in a controlled manner, not in flailing, random motions. Lightsaber slashes just would never accomplish anything. Overall, I think Sidious prefers his Force potency to his dueling skill, in spite of his trained mastery of it. So with Lightning already proven worthless, Telekinesis would as well, and he could attempt a few other things (and for the record, I am not expecting Thor to just stand around while Sidious makes one assault after another; I am just explaining sequentially how I believe he would fight Thor once the realization that certain tactics would fail; it is also possible that he may not waste his time with some of these). He could use Force Storm, Force Drain, or Mind Control, as the most probable abilities. Storm would tear a rift in space and time and open an energy wormhole that can consume star fleets and ravage planetary surfaces, as well as transport beings across lightyears of space and through time. One detail I think I should address is the fact that deflector shields on various capital ships, when set at max capacity, can resist forces from the megatons to the teratons (teratons being fairly likely because it devastated the Eclipse, a specialized Star Destroyed ten miles in length, and regular Star Destroyers have shields installed in them that can resist gigatons and teratons of force). Sidious has ripped apart a starfleet before without any real effort, and he has stated that he can conjure Storms with merely a "thought and inclination." So generating them will take virtually no time, and this was proven when he destroyed a fleet in only a couple seconds (scans below). It could be argued, I guess, as to how well this would affect Thor, but for the sake of argument, I will just say that Thor could handle it relatively unscathed or unhurt altogether.  

At any point during this Thor might land a hit and incapacitate or kill Sidious. I will cover Essence Transfer a little later, but first I want to bring up Palpatine's durability. Thor can one-shot him, just as he could Vader or Starkiller, but Palpatine does have more impressive durability feats than they do. Sidious withstood a ton of machinery being dropped on him by Leia without even flinching (which would be a strength and durability feat) while he was in an old, aged body that was close to fully deteriorating. He has also tanked a massive Dark Side Burst that slaughtered nearby stormtroopers and blew up an observation dome (again, scans below). He could be one-shotted, but Thor might have to apply a little more power against him than the other two (not that it would be that much power anyway). And Sidious can dodge a good number of his blows and projectiles as well. 

Back to Sidious' other powers, he could use telepathic abilities. Now, Sidious has telepathically subjugated a planet considerably larger than earth with a population of almost 20 billion (this planet being Byss). Thor has some high end feats of resistance to mind control though; so for whatever scales he has demonstrated with his telepathic influence, that may or may not work. I would actually like to hear your thoughts on that, because I am unsure. If you think it would be futile, good enough for me. Palpatine has mind wiped millions of people of a very particular piece of information though. Not exactly sure what mental resistance showings Thor has against a mind wipe, but that could potentially be a possibility. The chances of him utilizing that in a fight with morals on are slim though (unless we use them fighting at the best of their ability as per battle forum rules). Sidious knows some other mental powers such as Illusion. Maybe these would be useful, or maybe not.  

Sidious has used Force Drain to steal the life energies of Byss (again, 20 billion beings). Hypothetically speaking, he could just absorb Thor's life essence to kill him. There is some suspect about that in my mind though because Thor has channeled his own life force through Mjolnir; so, again, I would need your input on that.  

The last point I have is Spirit Transference. If Sidious is killed or even if he is alive but simply injured, he could project his own Essence to possess Thor, separate Thor's spirit from his body, possess an inanimate object, or just roam as a disembodied spirit for however long he chooses. Regardless of whether or not Thor decides to kill Sidious, Transfer Essence could still be used. He has done it involuntarily when he died and purposefully while alive. To overtake Thor's body, there might be a battle of wills as Palpatine overwrites his consciousness, but it may not be as simple as it sounds. Palpatine has stated that to create his Storms, he has to focus anger and will to harness ambient Force energies and tear space/time. In effect, he breaks through the fabric of space by pure willpower and, of course, he dominated billions of minds, which could make a battle of wills more even. Even were he to come short in his attack to hold Thor's body, as I mentioned above, he could try to remove Thor's spirit from his body. He has done this about seven times to a worker of his, Bevel Lemelisk. As with some other capabilities, this would not be in his standard morals but an option nonetheless. (And, again, you can tell me how effective that would be.) Now supposing that neither possession nor spirit removal were successful, Thor would just stalemate Palpatine. As a freely moving Essence, Sidious has traveled between planets more than once and once traversed space for a year as a spirit. So he can last without a corporeal form for prolonged periods of time. Problem is, even with Thor's energy powers and soul manipulation, dispersing or affecting Sidious' Essence would be impossible. The only way an Essence is ever defeated is by casting them into Chaos, which is a netherworld void of the Force where their Sith spirits will wander forever if they lack something to anchor their spirits to the physical world. Their spirits are never destroyed, just banished, which renders a scattering of his Essence pointless. And even more important, Palpatine's Essence is comprised of Force energies. Thor has projected, absorbed, and altered basically every form of energy there is with Mjolnir, but unless he became a Force sensitive, he is not able to affect Force energies. So, he would be unable to disperse his spirit in the first place. The best he could do is stalemate. I generally request the thread maker to disallow Transfer Essence whenever someone like Darth Sidious or Darth Bane are used in a battle thread (unless they fight another Force sensitive who knows how to beat dark side spirits), but this was never established in this thread. If it were though, Thor could win. Palpatine might give him problems though (and we could discuss how much of a challenge he presents without his death-cheating powers if need be), but he would actually have the ability to win, unlike how the situation with Spirit Transference.  

If you have any other questions about Sidious' powers, I laid out all of them here. 
http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silver2467/darth-sidious-respect/87-63101/
#41 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (778 posts) - - Show Bio

thor throws his hammer at the speed of light and hits them all in one throw, and boom! they are dead this is a stomp
#42 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Reserved for epic reply to Silver's post. 

#43 Posted by lordraiden (7008 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
"Reserved for epic reply to Silver's post.  "

Epic indeed, but still pale in comparison to Thor as far as power goes. Mjolnir alone holds more power than Sidious, with Thor + Mjolnir, they have no chance.  It would have been slightly more fair if Thor fought them without Mjolnir, even though he still possess and has access to his powers without his uru.
#44 Posted by MrBigBalls (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, easy victory with a beer enjoyed afterward!