The Shredder vs Ra's Al Ghul (movie versions)

• 64 results
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MAZAHS117

Couldn't find this in the search, so here goes....

VS

No Morals, to the death

Shredder has his forearm blades, steel spear/bo staff and a knife.

Ra's is armed with a Ninja katana, forearm guards and a couple of shuriken.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MAZAHS117

No takers huh?!

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Movie Shredder took down all 4 of the turtles pretty easy, so probably him.

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PerfectNazo

@Moonchilde said:

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shawnbaby

Shredder pretty much Stomps. Ra's had his hands full just dealing with Nolan-verse Bruce...who wouldn't last 15 seconds against any of the Turtles.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By throughmyeyez

@Shawnbaby said:

Shredder pretty much Stomps. Ra's had his hands full just dealing with Nolan-verse Bruce...who wouldn't last 15 seconds against any of the Turtles.

Nothing the turtles could due could hurt batmans suit. It was able to take hits from Bane, who was damn powerful. Raz Al Gul is a better fighter than both, he takes this

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Xanni15

Ra's.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By cameron83

ra's......i am sure the leader of assassins who trained nolan batman can take down shredder,who fights turtles....oh im sorry,teenage MUTANT NINJA turtles

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xanni15

@PerfectNazo said:

@Moonchilde said:

I believe he did it one at a time, the only instance I remember more than one attacking him he got slashed on the arm.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shawnbaby

@throughmyeyez said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Nothing the turtles could due could hurt batmans suit. It was able to take hits from Bane, who was damn powerful. Raz Al Gul is a better fighter than both, he takes this

That has nothing to do with Skill. Nice attempt at a Straw Man though. Shredder kills Ra's pretty easily. Ra's only feats were against Bruce...who as I already mentioned...is less of a fighter than any one of the Turtles...and Shredder was able to beat all 4 of them at the same time with little difficulty.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By throughmyeyez

@Shawnbaby said:

@throughmyeyez said:

@Shawnbaby said:

That has nothing to do with Skill. Nice attempt at a Straw Man though. Shredder kills Ra's pretty easily. Ra's only feats were against Bruce...who as I already mentioned...is less of a fighter than any one of the Turtles...and Shredder was able to beat all 4 of them at the same time with little difficulty.

It is skill, raz al gul went up against a former padawan of his, who was protected in a suit that was able to tank hits from bane, who could crush concrete. That is insane fighting abilitity buddy, the turtles are far to slow to fight against someone like Raz, and weak.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shawnbaby

@throughmyeyez said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@throughmyeyez said:

@Shawnbaby said:

It is skill, raz al gul went up against a former padawan of his, who was protected in a suit that was able to tank hits from bane, who could crush concrete. That is insane fighting abilitity buddy, the turtles are far to slow to fight against someone like Raz, and weak.

Shredder has far better Combat feats than Ra's. His speed and skill make Ra's look like one of Shredder's little teenaged posse. Buddy.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xanni15

@Shawnbaby said:

When did Shredder beat them all at the same time?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Each turtle took turns fighting him..if you remember I believe Michelangelo and Donny played rock paper scissors to see who goes third..that said based off of the movie versions I think ra's would most likely win....shredder would just run at him with a spear and Ra's would side step and toss him off a building into a garbage truck, and Casey jones would finish him off

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

I think Shredder was more impressive physically at least.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

I think Shredder was more impressive physically at least.

He's using their legs against themselves. That's hilarious!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I have no idea if it was intentional by the film makers but thats actually a very well made fight scene....the Turtles are fighting more aggressively and flashy because of youth and arrogance and Shredder is just very stoic and wastes no movement.......its quite awesome now that I watch it as an adult
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Xanni15

@cattlebattle:

So very similar to Bruce's fight with Ra's on the ice?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Ras

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MAZAHS117

Shredder didn't lose his bout with the turtles on the roof top, while Ra's did get bested twice by bruce...Once on the ice and again on the train fight scene (tho the train fight is more of a debatable loss)....but I guess an argument could be made that Bruce is better than all four turtles going by his h2h feats? IDK..

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think about the turtle's combat feats vs batman's. Turtles were more or less facing foot army in the middle of an open battle. usually an isolated turtle against like 6 foot soldiers at a time. Batman rarely faced that many opponents, and even more rarely in a strait up brawl. he would hit them with the smoke bomb, or jump them from the shadows. it only makes sense for him to do that, as it was intended, i think, to be a more realistic vision of how to take down a bunch of guys at once, which is something you would have a very hard time doing in reality. Turtles were taking down multiple ninjas who knew they were there, and ready to fight. Shredder beats each turtle individually, then the four of them rush him and he beats them again. Ra's had his hands full with Bale-man one on one. Shredder beat tougher foes. Shredder wins.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MAZAHS117

@Fortified_Hooligan....to be fair though, there was the dock scene in Batman Begins when Batman dropped down on like ten guys and took them all out by himself, though they weren't trained Ninjas like the Foot Clan, but still impressive....I guess judging Bruces skill level to the Turtles to get a level of difficulty either Ra's or Shredder had to go thru is kinda difficult....if any of that makes sense

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xanni15

@SHAZAM117 said:

Shredder didn't lose his bout with the turtles on the roof top, while Ra's did get bested twice by bruce...Once on the ice and again on the train fight scene (tho the train fight is more of a debatable loss)....but I guess an argument could be made that Bruce is better than all four turtles going by his h2h feats? IDK..

Shredder faced them one at a time, Ra's beat Bruce clearly the first time (Bruce was left freezing) and the second time at the very least fought him to a draw (with Batman wearing armor and having gadgets) before Bruce left him to die.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xanni15

@Fortified_Hooligan said:

Think about the turtle's combat feats vs batman's. Turtles were more or less facing foot army in the middle of an open battle. usually an isolated turtle against like 6 foot soldiers at a time. Batman rarely faced that many opponents, and even more rarely in a strait up brawl. he would hit them with the smoke bomb, or jump them from the shadows. it only makes sense for him to do that, as it was intended, i think, to be a more realistic vision of how to take down a bunch of guys at once, which is something you would have a very hard time doing in reality. Turtles were taking down multiple ninjas who knew they were there, and ready to fight. Shredder beats each turtle individually, then the four of them rush him and he beats them again. Ra's had his hands full with Bale-man one on one. Shredder beat tougher foes. Shredder wins.

The foot ninjas displayed nothing that would put them as a threat for Batman, not to mention that Bruce was stated as having been trained to engage multiple opponents at the same time (which he did throughout the films). Shredder beating the Turtles one at a time isn't impressive, they weren't thinking clearly and didn't work as a team (their trademark).

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PerfectNazo

Batman should be the equivalent of one or two Turtles at best judging by their feats.

But then again, I don't really remember much from the Batman movies. Was Batman dodging bullets in the movies? I don't remember the movie Turtles ever dodging bullets, in fact, in the third movie they were scared to death of Walker pointing a gun at them and they had no idea what to do from there.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember Raphael getting beat on the roof? anyone have that clip? How many foot soldiers did he take out before they finally overwhelmed him? Think of that, more or less, as a turtle's baseline. In open combat, surrounded by enemies, not using stealth or environmental advantages, one turtle = like, what, 30 footsoldiers? Can Bale-man stand out in the open and fight 30 thugs and do as well? Bale-man triumphs by surprise attack. I don't fault him for that, i just say that is an assasin's tactic, and the turtles are brawlers (at least this version of the turtles). Shred-head smacked four brawlers with great skill.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Xanni15

@Fortified_Hooligan:

Nolan's Batman wearing his suit should be able to beat more than 30 thugs easily.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MAZAHS117

@Xanni15...Watch that roof top fight again from the 1st TMNT...There is one point when all four of them blitz Shredder and then the scene cuts...then cuts back to them with Shredder still standing and the four of them looking worse-for-wear..He took them all one by one and then all together, we just never got to see it when after they all charged him.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Moonchilde said:

This.

Movie Shredder beat every turtle one on one... That never happens to the turtles, but hes done it...

Shredder stomps easily...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MAZAHS117

@TERMINATORXX...True, but a good argument could be made for Ra's...He beat Bruce whom also was able to engage multi opponents just by himself...just sayin'

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xanni15

@SHAZAM117:

I did watch the scene and what I saw was the Turltes going one on one with Shredder. Maybe I'm watching a different video.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MAZAHS117

@Xanni15....There's a point when all four of them charge him and the scene all of a sudden cuts to Casey Jones or somethin' like that...we just never get to see what happens cause then the scene returns and and they're all worn down

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#33  Edited By GR2Blackout

SHREDDA WINS

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xanni15

@SHAZAM117:

I know what part you are referring to but we can't just assume that they went at him at the same time when throughout the rest of the fight it was one on one, plus right after it comes back to the Turtles they are fighting Shredder one at a time, each of them.

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PerfectNazo

@SHAZAM117 said:

@Xanni15....There's a point when all four of them charge him and the scene all of a sudden cuts to Casey Jones or somethin' like that...we just never get to see what happens cause then the scene returns and and they're all worn down

I forgot about that scene. I guess that proves Shredder can fight all four of them at once.

But my question about Batman dodging bullets hasn't been answered by any one yet. Has Batman ever dodged bullets in the movies? The Turtles haven't, in fact when Walker from the 3rd film pointed a gun at them they had no idea what to do next.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xanni15

@PerfectNazo:

How does that rove he can or even did take them all on at once?

PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PerfectNazo

@Xanni15: Well, I think it's safe to assume that all four Turtles did attack him all at once. It'd be a little stupid if all four of them just charged at him and suddenly just stopped with the exception of just one of them...

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Xanni15

@PerfectNazo:

That's essentially what they were doing the rest of the fight, though.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Yai_Inn
@PerfectNazo: they did dodge a cannon at point blank :)  
If it's most powerful versions, or all movie versions Shredder in Secret of the Ooze went Super-Shredder and would effortless stomp.  
In fact I think Shredder takes Ra's with little effort as is.  

Here's the Raf clip someone asks for.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlmM9CPoE4
PerfectNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PerfectNazo

@Xanni15: I don't see how that effects the fact that they did indeed charge at him all at once, and in the next scene where they appear all four of them looked worn down. This very very heavily implies that Shredder did indeed fight all four of them at once at that point.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Xanni15

@PerfectNazo:

The video I just watched shows it differently than you describe. They charge towards the camera, scene goes to Casey Jones then when it comes back Shredder is fighting them one at a time. After that it shows the Turtles being worn down. Also the video shows the Turtles have very little to no durability because Shredder wasn't hitting them with much.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MAZAHS117

@PerfectNazo...Yeah I don't remember Batman dodging any bullets in ANY of the Batman films either....either way, both Ra's and Shredder seem closely matched in terms of skill and technique...Anyway I figured trying to compare their best opponents they each faced would be a good way to judge how a fight between these two would go down

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43  Edited By owie  Moderator

I think I have to go with Shredder, although R'as FEELS tougher.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think Bale-man can take 30 thugs in a strait up fight? Just wade in and start kicking ass? I don't think he could. He could beat them with his regular batman tactics, picking off the guys on the edges from the shadows, beating down 5 or 6 in the haze of a smoke bomb then disappearing again etc...

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jayfournines

Liam Neeson does not lose ever

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Moonchilde said:

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@cattlebattle: I have to agrees with you, the first TMNT movie is a classic, I loved it back then and I love it now. Shredder's movements in that fight were sharp, crisp, and all kinds of awesome, and the turtles all fought with their own distinct personality as well.

For me, Shedder FTW. It would be a good fight though.
cartoonluvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cartoonluvr

very close fight but the spear has reach and ras seemed like and up close brawler...shredder

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MAZAHS117

@cartoonluvr....I gave Ra's a Katana cause he seemed really skilled with it against Bruce in the ice scene in Batman Begins...Also the fact that despite Shredders' spear and defense, Leo was the only one to really tag Shredder with his Katana

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cliffrice

The fight with batman at the end of batman begains was more like a sloppy brawl IMO. Shreader seems much more skilled.