The Shadow (Dynamite) vs Captain America (Bucky)

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only the shadow knows

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Veshark

Don't know enough about Shadow to make an informed call (too lazy to read the respect thread!), but I'd be interested if anyone can make an argument for him.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Don't know enough about Shadow to make an informed call (too lazy to read the respect thread!), but I'd be interested if anyone can make an argument for him.

I can try. He has very much superb stealth and can travel around a landscape like Batman, only more impressive Shadow does not use Zip Lines.

Shadow also has a Tommy Gun and Dual .45 Colts. He is a superb marksmen. He also has very proven H2H skills with his training with Tibetin Monks and various Chinese Warlords.

He is Peak human in every way except he somehow can travel from the ground to the top of a 20 story tower in seconds somehow, or appear in a room with one door and no other way. Im not sure how he does this and yet he does it alot via the Shadows.

He also has special Mystical powers in clouding mens minds for Misdirection and something of Jedi Mind Tricks.

Finally as long as the Shadow can see you, he can precog your intentions and actions. He knows if your going to attack, flee, ect. Not like true Precog but pretty useful in a battle.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw

Well stealth also happens to be Bucky's specialty. Since he was 16, he was already trained specifically as an infiltrator and served as one from 41-45. In his time as the Winter Soldier ('54-'73), he was never caught, and successfully assassinated important figures of the Cold War. He was so good at his job that SHIELD couldn't even confirm that he existed until the 2000s.

In terms of weaponry, I would say that Bucky has more impressive gear to utilize. His sidearm is an extremely powerful weapon capable of stunning Ares at point-blank range, and one good hit could put Shadow down. Beyond that, Bucky's uniform is also bulletproof (able to take two pistols shot at point-blank), and he has other gadgets (like sleeping gas grenades!) to utilize. I would also give the edge to Bucky in terms of HTH because of his feats, and the fact that his bionic arm grants him superhuman strength and the ability to release a powerful electric shock.

The one thing that might turn it in Shadow's favor is the mystical powers though. The misdirection is one thing to factor - though I will note that Bucky has a lot of experience in tampering with the mind (because of his brainwashing). As for the Precog, well that's a little tricky because given the scenario, I see Bucky staying out of the line-of-sight more often than not.

Great matchup though, they seem quite suited to one another.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hyperlight

@indiecomicsftw: you are pretty close. shadow is so dope its not even funny.. probably the best/most famous pulp character ever.

but anyway, I think shadow can win if he plays his cards right.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: you are pretty close. shadow is so dope its not even funny.. probably the best/most famous pulp character ever.

but anyway, I think shadow can win if he plays his cards right.

Any pointers on just how his powers work in the Pulp Novels or other material? The material in the comics and Movie are all over the place. I just got into The Shadow becuase I really liked the movie so much and the fact he was one of the first Legit Super Heroes ever.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@indiecomicsftw

Well stealth also happens to be Bucky's specialty. Since he was 16, he was already trained specifically as an infiltrator and served as one from 41-45. In his time as the Winter Soldier ('54-'73), he was never caught, and successfully assassinated important figures of the Cold War. He was so good at his job that SHIELD couldn't even confirm that he existed until the 2000s.

In terms of weaponry, I would say that Bucky has more impressive gear to utilize. His sidearm is an extremely powerful weapon capable of stunning Ares at point-blank range, and one good hit could put Shadow down. Beyond that, Bucky's uniform is also bulletproof (able to take two pistols shot at point-blank), and he has other gadgets (like sleeping gas grenades!) to utilize. I would also give the edge to Bucky in terms of HTH because of his feats, and the fact that his bionic arm grants him superhuman strength and the ability to release a powerful electric shock.

The one thing that might turn it in Shadow's favor is the mystical powers though. The misdirection is one thing to factor - though I will note that Bucky has a lot of experience in tampering with the mind (because of his brainwashing). As for the Precog, well that's a little tricky because given the scenario, I see Bucky staying out of the line-of-sight more often than not.

Great matchup though, they seem quite suited to one another.

I agree pretty much with all that. I think it would be a great cross over battle since the Mystical Powers balance it out a bit.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw:

I don't think he is a precog... just heightened intuition

Its strange though. He clearly sees the future and comments on it as well many times.

1) Key explanation on the Shadow's precog abilities. He cannot fathom all possible endings, only the key ones that matter in his fights.

2) Starts speaking of Margo's future in casual talk.

3-6) Shadow uses his Precog to see the fate of one of his worst enemies, knowing Justice was served.

7) Uses Precog to predict the mans actions and intent.

8-9) Uses his power to glimpse what had happen already rather than what will happen. He can see what has happen as well it seems.

10) Shadow foresees World War 2 and the Nazi Regime.

He also shows the ability to read minds when he says "I know if you lie" and he does know if someone is telling the truth or liying.

1) Explains how this power works. Its like a Road Map with all the tour spots listed. In this scan the Black Sparrow is immune to his Mystic powers for unexplained reasons.

2) Spots the evil soul of a target. He had no clue who he was looking for till he spot the Soul which revealed all it needed for Shadow to find who he was looking for.

3) Uses this power to know if man is lying or telling truth. He does this alot in other scans as well.

4-5) Mentally suggests to Nazi to see the evil had had done.

As seen here he can read you like a telepath in a way, however he cannot read your mind as much as your soul which is limited it seems. He needs to ask questions to get answers.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw:

well .. I just learned about a new ability for the shadow

It seems as long as he can Read your Soul, he knows what you can do. He also seems to know what the future holds of people he sees, and in cases in great detail.