The Shadow (Dynamite) vs Batman (New 52)

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I think Batman could manage a win here.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

batman...

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

1) Key explanation on the Shadow's precog abilities. He cannot fathom all possible endings, only the key ones that matter in his fights.

2) Starts speaking of Margo's future in casual talk.

3-6) Shadow uses his Precog to see the fate of one of his worst enemies, knowing Justice was served.

7) Uses Precog to predict the mans actions and intent.

8-9) Uses his power to glimpse what had happen already rather than what will happen. He can see what has happen as well it seems.

10) Shadow foresees World War 2 and the Nazi Regime.

He also shows the ability to read minds when he says "I know if you lie" and he does know if someone is telling the truth or liying.

1) Explains how this power works. Its like a Road Map with all the tour spots listed. In this scan the Black Sparrow is immune to his Mystic powers for unexplained reasons.

2) Spots the evil soul of a target. He had no clue who he was looking for till he spot the Soul which revealed all it needed for Shadow to find who he was looking for.

3) Uses this power to know if man is lying or telling truth. He does this alot in other scans as well.

4-5) Mentally suggests to Nazi to see the evil had had done.

Could Shadows reading and precog help?

batman...

So now you know does this even it out more?

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without any knowledge of what he's up against, I don't think Batman could beat the Shadow in such an encounter. Kent should win with his experience and supernatural abilities, and assuming they are in character, he's much more aggressive. It would be quite a fight regardless.

No Caption Provided

As an aside, I was thinking of making this battle myself and only stumbled upon it while looking for images of the characters. I also thought the streets of Chicago would be the perfect setting, although I had a more elaborate story planned out in my head involving Ra's Al Ghul and Shiwan Khan, haha...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

The Shadow should take a good majority I see no advantage for Batman. Physically superior and funky mental powers.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw

Give the Bat prep or this is a stomp

Don't make me quote you dam it

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@indiecomicsftw

Give the Bat prep or this is a stomp

Don't make me quote you dam it

No!

No Caption Provided
@geno said:

Without any knowledge of what he's up against, I don't think Batman could beat the Shadow in such an encounter. Kent should win with his experience and supernatural abilities, and assuming they are in character, he's much more aggressive. It would be quite a fight regardless.

No Caption Provided

As an aside, I was thinking of making this battle myself and only stumbled upon it while looking for images of the characters. I also thought the streets of Chicago would be the perfect setting, although I had a more elaborate story planned out in my head involving Ra's Al Ghul and Shiwan Khan, haha...

That is a epic cameo. The Shadow was really one of the very first Super Heroes. Superman gets all that credit, but Shadow came out before Superman.

Avatar image for the_master_of_darkness
The_Master_of_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough one.

As a huge fan of The Shadow (if my username doesn't give that away), my first reaction is to call the victory for him, but I'm not sure that holds up.

As Geno said, it would be one hell of a show. The Shadow's big advantage is his methods, beyond any power. If he's decided that Batman is a threat, he's decided to kill Batman. There's no difference to him.

The Shadow dual wields pistols and shoots them effectively. I think his marksmanship skills are well-established. All it takes is one head shoot and Batman's gone.

As for his powers, an early story in Dynamite's run deals with The Shadow's precog powers not always working, so he can't rely on that. It's says his hypnotic powers are easier to use on the weak-minded, but not that they could only be used on them. So while it would be difficult for him, he could potentially use them on Batman. If he get particularly creative, he could make life interesting for Batman. His powers aren't limited to "clouding men's minds so they cannot see him." He's able to put images into people's heads. He might make Batman fight imaginary thugs or torment him with images from his past (similar to what Scarecrow did in Arkham Asylum). Just long enough to get a good shot in.

However, he doesn't hold all the cards. Batman's (for the record, I'm going with the Detective Comics version as that's the one I've read) big advantage is fighting skills. Batman is better at hand-to-hand combat. He has to be. He doesn't get to fall back on a gun, he has to go toe-to-toe with the bad guys. The Shadow can hold his own, but I just don't think the Dynamite incarnation has to feats to justify the idea he could beat up Batman.

Bottom line, it the Shadow can get in a clean shot, he wins, but as soon as it turns into a fist fight, Batman wins.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The Shadow should win a majority from what I've seen.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PantyPolice
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for i_am_lamont_cranston
I_Am_Lamont_Cranston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one situation where the darkness is not an ally of Batman. He would fare much better against the Shadow if the battle took place in an open field in broad daylight. Give him a natural shielding environment like a dark alleyway and The Shadow's vast mental powers become nearly unbeatable. Bats could use flash grenades to shed some light on things I suppose but his amount of those is finite. Only however many he has in his belt at the time. If the Shadow can avoid close quarters with Batman and melt into the darkness long enough to bring his twin .45s to bear the battle is his.