Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know of the Shade is that he is able to tangle with the likes of Dr. Fate and he's the best shadow manipulator in DC.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By willpayton

@thekilborne:

@ultragreenboy said:

Who's shade

The Shade is a very powerful shadow manipulator in the DC universe. Actually, did I say very... I meant extremely powerful!

The Shade has the power to summon and control shadows from the Darklands dimension. His powers are similar to elemental forces, and are not magical in nature. He can create constructs out of shadow (think Green Lantern constructs), can summon shadow demons from that dimension, can teleport and time travel, and other do other things.

Doctor Fate once said that even the Spectre might have trouble putting The Shade down.

I hope that helps.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have started his CV career with really though call here...

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Void.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Void without much trouble. However I do hope Shade gets used in more battles.

Shade vs New 52 Superman

Shade vs New 52 Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Shade vs New 52 Flash

Shade vs New 52 Wonder Woman

Shade vs New 52 Aquaman

Etc.. Props to the op!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton
kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@willpayton: im gonna back the Shade here... allot of people seem to underestimate him but this guy hes got insane powers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XiiX

Hm. Not sure on this one. How Void would affect Shade and vice versa.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll back Shade because I want to see an argument provided for Void. I've only heard things about him and never seen why he's so impressive.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void. It took the powers of DC earth amped on the norn stones to beat him. Shade is good, but not that good.

Regular sentry gets stomped though.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By longbowhunter

I cant really comment on this. I dont know enough about the Void's potential. Other than it was wasted on the Sentry.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Tough call, but I'm inclined to say The Shade would eventually beat The Void.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be the first time in a while that I think I'm gonna have to side against the Void....

Jmarshmallow

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: void is a dc character?

I meant Marvel earth. Lol.

There is a wildstorm character called Void incidentally.

brenster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for asking me

I personally do not know that much about the void or the marvel universe. but from what i have seen on the voids wikia page, i think shade has got this based on shadow manipulations. the shades is powerful enough to kill a black lantern with no prep or knowledge about what he was fighting. plus he was able to defeat Egyptian gods in his own comic(who were aliens)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not looking too good for Void here.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump and may change my vote but idk

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By willpayton

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: do you think he could beat the void though? I think The justice league show also made him really weak then if this is the case lol.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton: do you think he could beat the void though? I think The justice league show also made him really weak then if this is the case lol.

I honestly dont know who'd win.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shade...I think.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is The Void who is in a seperate body than the Sentry (like Reborn) than the Void slaughters.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as the Void gets horribly overrated I still think it beats the Shade.

What I took from what Fate said about Shade and the Specter is that (like many things) the Specter had little jurisdiction over him.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still betting on Shade.

Jmarshmallow

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kingant27

Void wins.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Newblood2333

@jmarshmallow: There's one thing that you can't deny about the Void ever since he came out in 2000, know what it is?

Only the Sentry has been able to stop him, either mentally or physically. In seige, the Sentry was holding the Void back, begging for someone to end their life. In reborn, with the Void was tearing through all the heroes on earth, it was ultimately the Sentry remembering who he was that drove the Void off. There are more examples too but I don't feel the need to mention them. It's not because the sentry is more powerful (because he isn't), it's just because they are part of the same person. It kind of comes with the territory. So if the Sentry isn't on the other team, or if he isn't in the Voids head, the Void won't lose. He has never lost to anyone, or any group of people, where the Sentry didn't have a part in it. So basically, if the Void is in a seperate body ( like he was in reborn), completely free of the Sentry, he wouldn't be stopped. This has been showed since he first premiered.

Void wins.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: There's one thing that you can't deny about the Void ever since he came out in 2000, know what it is?

Only the Sentry has been able to stop him, either mentally or physically. In seige, the Sentry was holding the Void back, begging for someone to end their life. In reborn, with the Void was tearing through all the heroes on earth, it was ultimately the Sentry remembering who he was that drove the Void off. There are more examples too but I don't feel the need to mention them. It's not because the sentry is more powerful (because he isn't), it's just because they are part of the same person. It kind of comes with the territory. So if the Sentry isn't on the other team, or if he isn't in the Voids head, the Void won't lose. He has never lost to anyone, or any group of people, where the Sentry didn't have a part in it. So basically, if the Void is in a seperate body ( like he was in reborn), completely free of the Sentry, he wouldn't be stopped. This has been showed since he first premiered.

Void wins.

According to that logic Void would defeat the Living Tribunal.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It's how he's been written so far. He's the Biblical Angel of Death, confirmed by the Watch himself. So who knows how powerful he is.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly^^^

He can be put down, it just takes a certain amount of power. Which I believe the Shade can produce.

Jmarshmallow

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It's how he's been written so far. He's the Biblical Angel of Death, confirmed by the Watch himself. So who knows how powerful he is.

In other words, it's pure speculation.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Newblood2333

@willpayton: Not really. He controls molecules. The same power that put molecule man in front of all the cosmos in terms of power. Even your living tribunal.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@willpayton: Shade if he uses the power and go all out he can win easy.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Not really. He controls molecules. The same power that put molecule man in front of all the cosmos in terms of power. Even your living tribunal.

Being able to control molecules by itself doesnt mean you can be as powerful as pre-retcon Molecule Man or Living Tribunal. There are a lot of things in the Marvel multiverse that have nothing to do with molecules like pure energy (photons), magic, power cosmic, the abstract entities and their powers, etc.

Saying that Void can defeat Living Tribunal is silly. Wont happen. Even Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet wouldnt be able to do it, and he had control over the entire universe.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I didn't once say he could beat the living tribunal. All I said was that he is immensely powerful and that he can control molecules. Controlling molecules in the Marvel universe is the holy grail of powers. Only the Void has shown to be able to, not only put up with the molecule mans powers, but outright beat him. I cant remember another person that beat molecule man when he has been able to control organic molecules (besides Beyonder). I don't know a single character in Marvel that can bring himself back from dead instantly. He's extremely powerful and hasn't been beaten by anyone in Marvel (unless it's his other half, the sentry). Void wins.

CosmicOldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i vote for Void - way too powerful!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I didn't once say he could beat the living tribunal. All I said was that he is immensely powerful and that he can control molecules. Controlling molecules in the Marvel universe is the holy grail of powers. Only the Void has shown to be able to, not only put up with the molecule mans powers, but outright beat him. I cant remember another person that beat molecule man when he has been able to control organic molecules (besides Beyonder). I don't know a single character in Marvel that can bring himself back from dead instantly. He's extremely powerful and hasn't been beaten by anyone in Marvel (unless it's his other half, the sentry). Void wins.

You didnt outright say he could, but you didnt deny it when I said that that was the result of your line of reasoning. I said:

According to that logic Void would defeat the Living Tribunal.

and then your direct reply was:

So basically you suggested that he's written as if he should be able to beat Living Tribunal. But, that's just your interpretation. He hasnt shown any feats to suggest he can do that.

Also, just because he can do matter manipulation doesnt mean he can do what PR Molecule Man could do. Green Lanterns can also do some amount of matter manipulation. It means nothing without the feats or other logic to back it up.

Lastly, what does it prove that no one other than Sentry has beaten him? Does it prove that he's unbeatable? No, it doesnt. It proves absolutely nothing.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Molecule mans power is controlling molecules. Everything he did was based off this power. His reality warping power, time traveling, etc were all apart of his abilities to control molecules. Look him up if your having trouble remembering him. It's says this at marvel.com if you need to be refreshed. The Void has this same power so it's likely he could do this if he was pushed to do it. He has already controlled molecules and travel back in time before, so it's likely he can do more. You keep saying feats feats feats. Well him beating molecule man triumphs all of his opponents feats, combined. So please stop barking the same thing.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Molecule mans power is controlling molecules. Everything he did was based off this power. His reality warping power, time traveling, etc were all apart of his abilities to control molecules. Look him up if your having trouble remembering him. It's says this at marvel.com if you need to be refreshed. The Void has this same power so it's likely he could do this if he was pushed to do it. He has already controlled molecules and travel back in time before, so it's likely he can do more. You keep saying feats feats feats. Well him beating molecule man triumphs all of his opponents feats, combined. So please stop barking the same thing.

There's quite a bit of debate about whether the Molecule Man that Sentry defeated has the same power levels as the pre-retcon one.

I'm not barking anything, simply pointing out that mere speculation is no basis for an argument.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Molecule Man still controlled organic molecules because he was able to rip the sentry in half. A power he learned during pre retcon. Plus he hasn't lost to anyone since the Beyonder. So saying that he has been "depowered" wouldn't be right unless you have a scan to back it up with. Was it PIS? Could be but I doubt it. The Sentry/ Void have always been put up against either powerhouses or teams of people (the collective, all earths heroes, all of Asgard, the new avengers, the dark avengers, the inhumans, strange, I'm hearing he stalemated Galactus, etc) so maybe he's just meant to rival the greats. But let's just agree to disagree :)

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People talk about the Void and the Sentry as if they're two different things, when really they're not. The Void is Sentry's manifestation of his hatred, anger and rage, but they're not two different people. The powerset's the same, it's just essentially a bloodlusted Sentry. Considering them two different people is like saying Batman and Bruce Wayne are two different people... when they're not. Bruce IS Batman, just without the suit and belt. And yes, a fully in control Sentry IS that powerful.