#1 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Vs

Both are bloodlusted and at their peak.

Don't know about the two characters so I just wanted to see what anyone would bring up

#2 Edited by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

Shade could just easily just trap Ororo in a construct of darkness and seal her tight, that'll be enough to put her out of commision.

#3 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Shade could just easily just trap Ororo in a construct of darkness and seal her tight, that'll be enough to put her out of commision.

I just read on Shade's bio and GOD HE can't freaking die This thread is a mismatch

#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

I don't know anything about him to see if Storm has a case that can be made. How fast can he pull off putting her in a dark force construct and can it negate her powers? And even though his wiki indicates he is immortal (as in maybe he just doesn't age like asgardians) can he be incapacitated (i.e. - flash frozen) or killed by extreme physical damage?

#5 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi: Yep pretty much. He wins easily.

#6 Posted by chiq (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Shade on a whole different level from Storm?

#7 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Shade.

#8 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: His immortality stays as long as he doesn't lose his powers, he is also highly resistant to attacks of all kinds, and survived a direct bomb fall on top of him, appearing only slightly dazed. He can create and use his Dark energy at free will, Storm is facing possibly a foe that can beat her pretty easy, also for the fact that I've seen him sealing someone on a force field of dark void that was slowly cutting the space room from the victim and as we all know 1 of Ororo's weakness is her claustrophobia. She might just die before the battle itself ends.

#9 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: His immortality stays as long as he doesn't lose his powers, he is also highly resistant to attacks of all kinds, and survived a direct bomb fall on top of him, appearing only slightly dazed. He can create and use his Dark energy at free will, Storm is facing possibly a foe that can beat her pretty easy, also for the fact that I've seen him sealing someone on a force field of dark void that was slowly cutting the space room from the victim and as we all know 1 of Ororo's weakness is her claustrophobia. She might just die before the battle itself ends.

Even at her peak? I heard she used energy to do something with trion but I'm not sure. I also heard that she is a very powerful energy manipulator from @rbysjti that was the case.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

I just read on Shade's bio and GOD HE can't freaking die This thread is a mismatch

Please read a character's bio before making a battle with them in it. Helps keep from this exact kind of mistake from happening.

Also remember to use the search(it's not the best search, but it's worth trying to avoid dupe threads)

Also about Rby's opinion of Storm, he had a tendency to overestimate Storm quite a bit so I'd take anything he said about Storm with a truck full of salt.

#11 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Can a mod deal with this?

#12 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

Please read a character's bio before making a battle with them in it. Helps keep from this exact kind of mistake from happening.

Also remember to use the search(it's not the best search, but it's worth trying to avoid dupe threads)

Also about Rby's opinion of Storm, he had a tendency to overestimate Storm quite a bit so I'd take anything he said about Storm with a truck full of salt.

Ok thanks. I actually did some research on storm based on Rby's comments on her but if what you say is true then I guess I should use character bio's on comicvine. Although I'm sure Slade is an underused character in battle threads. I tend to use unknown or not so popular characters in battle threads since I find the popular ones kinda boring

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi: Shade isn't very much used mostly because he's very, very hard to tag and thus hard to find a good match for in battles.

#14 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite

@salamatsabi: Shade isn't very much used mostly because he's very, very hard to tag and thus hard to find a good match for in battles.

I don't follow do you mean he can't get hit or people just can't find a good match up for him

#15 Posted by Storm Calling (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I do believe Storm has dealt with a being who could use the dark constructs for an attack. Her lightning easily freed her from them.

#16 Edited by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I do believe Storm has dealt with a being who could use the dark constructs for an attack. Her lightning easily freed her from them.

That's ok dude but this guy can't die. I already called this a mismatch and hope a mode would lock it. Newbie mistake on my part.

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

@Decoy Elite

I don't follow do you mean he can't get hit or people just can't find a good match up for him

He's hard to hit, thus it's hard to find a good match for him. At least I think, I'm clearly no expert on the character.

#18 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

@Decoy Elite

He's hard to hit, thus it's hard to find a good match for him. At least I think, I'm clearly no expert on the character.

Wow he's really that powerful, thanks for the help. Now if a Mod is here pls lock this thread so that I can make a new one

#19 Posted by Storm Calling (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

Even at her peak? I heard she used energy to do something with trion but I'm not sure. I also heard that she is a very powerful energy manipulator from @rbysjti that was the case.

Bad source, and she was able to manipulate the energies of the Trion dimension because of the location. In either case, I'd like to see some evidence that would suggest that this guy is as untouchable and invulnerable as they claim. I don't know anything about him so....

#20 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

Bad source, and she was able to manipulate the energies of the Trion dimension because of the location. In either case, I'd like to see some evidence that would suggest that this guy is as untouchable and invulnerable as they claim. I don't know anything about him so....

True but we do have comicvine character bio's so that's as good as we get. Here's he's abilities based on comicvine.

Shade is the strongest known channeller of the shadow powers of the Darklands, a dimension of semi-sentient darkness that he can channel to a variety of effects. He can also use this dimension to teleport himself and others, with no known limits to the distance he can travel; it can also be used to travel through time. He is functionally immortal and practically indestructible. He is intelligent and resourceful.

Now pls moderator lock this thread because of the mismatched

#21 Posted by Storm Calling (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi: As others have said, it's a pretty ambiguous description at best.

#22 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi: As others have said, it's a pretty ambiguous description at best.

I don't think it's that ambiguous in DC standards. Dc tends to give some of their heroes powers with very little explanation. Still you got to admit he looks Badass in that picture. Pls Lock the thread Mod. I'll give you a cookie

#23 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

Fair enough. Then this is looking like a mismatch. The only correction in your post is about her claustrophobia. That trick hasn't worked on her effectively in YEARS.

#24 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

Fair enough. Then this is looking like a mismatch. The only correction in your post is about her claustrophobia. That trick hasn't worked on her effectively in YEARS.

Um..so Does storm have any exploitable weaknesses?

#25 Posted by Storm Calling (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Ddecourt said:

Strange, didn't see this post earlier from Ddecourt. If that is the case, then I don't agree that he's as invulnerable as people are making him out to be, if a bomb had an affect on him... How powerful was this bomb anyway?

#26 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

@salamatsabi said:

@Ddecourt said:

Um..so Does storm have any exploitable weaknesses?

Definitely. Her durability can be her downfall sometimes, physical exhaustion can impede her abilities in a prolonged battle, her morals can get in the way occasionally, and she can (unfortunately) fall victim to having her lightning turned on her from time to time (typically by powerful tech or powerful opponents like Magneto) if she is not ready to counter or deflect it. The claustrophobia thing was used a lot and effectively against her in the classic Uncanny days, but she has grown a lot since then and been shown to rapidly recover or flat out overpower these attacks through sheer force of will.

#27 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: Not sure. Hopefully someone can post scans to prove how durable or damage resistant he is (unless the thread is locked first).

#28 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#29 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling @ THUNDERBOLT30

Well he's bio does imply immortality and indestructibility. I'm sure comicvine bio's are a good estimate in powers. This is a mismatch. Mod pls Lock

#30 Posted by New_World_Order (12949 posts) - - Show Bio

Shade.

#31 Posted by brenster21 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a major mismatch you are comparing a guy who killed a black lantern, killed without having to supress his emotions, without a ring to a chick who controls the weather. shade could give the xmen a hard time. the guy has had his heart ripped out from his body and fought off a black lantern ring.

#32 Posted by DarthAznable (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me or does the Shade look like Gary Numan?