who wins
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zoom

Normal preptime for these guys includes getting gangs of guys with knockoff supervillain weapons or creating elaborate riddles and deathtrap.

As is, Penguin is better in a fight to begin with and his area of expertise is more relevant to one on one fighting.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Penguin has the upper hand here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@Nefarious said:
" Penguin has the upper hand here. "
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

A battle between 2 of Batman's most useless villians.I'd say Penguin.
rayn1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rayn1984

penguin

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GuruOfFunk

Penguin's the only one of them that can actually do something in a fight. (Though, not that much)
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prince CortSether

Riddler with prep.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Prince CortSether said:
"Riddler with prep. "

What's he gonna do?steal something and leave a Riddle?as if Penguin cares.
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

" @Prince CortSether said:

"Riddler with prep. "

What's he gonna do?steal something and leave a Riddle?as if Penguin cares. "
The hell if I know. I just like Jim Carrey :P

Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marvelrules2011

riddler

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

Hmmm... let's see... a joke character, or Batman's smartest villain..? Hmm.. tough one.... Riddler catches Penguin in a highly-ironic deathtrap, all the while mocking him for his inferior intellect.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Saren

Riddler. Smarter and a better fighter, for whatever that's worth.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Joygirl said:

Hmmm... let's see... a joke character, or Batman's smartest villain..? Hmm.. tough one.... Riddler catches Penguin in a highly-ironic deathtrap, all the while mocking him for his inferior intellect.

Penguin shoots him,and smartest villian? that honour belongs to Bane not Riddler.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aero_gt

I don't prep works against eachother, they'll just try to death trap eachother or get their goons to kill eachother. In a one on one fight, the Penguin is better equiped. He'd have every weapon he'd need in an umbrella. Both of these guys would be die a horrible, yet crudely funny death to the one clown that don't play, Joker.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Billy Batson

the penguin
BB

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#17  Edited By Joygirl

Bane? I'm not so sure about that... they both discovered Batman's identity, and Riddler has a pretty long run of being brilliant when written well. This will never come to blows, and CERTAINLY not from Penguin. Eddie will be safely tucked away in a radio tower or something while Penguin picks up various creepy riddles that lead him to his doom, goons and all. What will Penguin do with prep? "Waugh, waugh, waugh, need more guys!" Riddler can think of like a million riddles with a week of preperation.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Joygirl said:

Bane? I'm not so sure about that... they both discovered Batman's identity, and Riddler has a pretty long run of being brilliant when written well. This will never come to blows, and CERTAINLY not from Penguin. Eddie will be safely tucked away in a radio tower or something while Penguin picks up various creepy riddles that lead him to his doom, goons and all. What will Penguin do with prep? "Waugh, waugh, waugh, need more guys!" Riddler can think of like a million riddles with a week of preperation.

Bane discovered it just by looking at him and on panel,Riddler discovered it off panel,after a decade and the pits aided him.It was so cheaply done that they made him forget it.

Penguin has the connections and the resources,Riddler has been jacked by his own henchmen,Oswald will find him in under a few hours and shoot his face while Edward is still busy making up one of his ridiculously overcomplicated plans.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigcimmerian

@entropy_aegis said:

Bane discovered it just by looking at him and on panel,Riddler discovered it off panel,after a decade and the pits aided him.It was so cheaply done that they made him forget it.

Penguin has the connections and the resources,Riddler has been jacked by his own henchmen,Oswald will find him in under a few hours and shoot his face while Edward is still busy making up one of his ridiculously overcomplicated plans.

Avatar image for kingpsychreaper
KingPsychReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KingPsychReaper

@entropy_aegis: Actually no Bane is very intelligent granted, but he's not batman level intelligent, by bio riddler is in fact that intelligent, bane is known more for what he does ON the field. and Riddler being the most intelligent villain is just one of those universal batman facts, It's not debatable. Bane did a few good things and then he kinda failed, where riddler has had failures every batman villain has, but riddler keeps on coming. Bane did his whole break the bat thing and though he kept having a few appearances. Regardless the three big bads are Joker Penguin and Riddler because they each mirror some part of batman. Joker's Insanity mirrors bruce's tight grip on sanity. Penguins high connections in the underground with all the thugs and scum of gotham, mirror bruces philanthropy and high connections with the rich, Riddlers ridiculous intelligence deductive skills and ingenuity mirrors batmans high intelligence and deductive skills though while batman uses his for helping others, riddler is obsessed with showing his superiority, which is what puts him in a bind, Banes title belongs as the man who broke the bat which is a good enough title for the guy, he's intelligent yea... but he's not riddler intelligent, he's very strong, but probably rivaled by croc, his real claim to fame is breaking batman. I'd say riddler wins smaller battles but more over all bane comes up with this great climax then fail... like secret six. Of course also Riddler doesn't need some chemical to power himself up, just his brain really. No matter what argument you make though, it really is just a universal thing in batman where riddler is just the most intelligent that is his role among batman's villains. Riddler has had a few bad run ins but in the end he usually figures his way out of a bad situation. I mean he pretty much has the last laugh on batman in hush, even though batman punched him, riddler isn't about the physical it's about the mental and the schemes and the plans, yea he gets beat up alot but that doesn't matter because what he lacks in strength he way more than makes up for in brains

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By TifaLockhart

Riddler forces me to complete his stupid challenge maps and earn all the medals for the platinum trophy.

I lose.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By justleader

the penguin wins though i didnt like him

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penguin wins. He actually commands respect from his henchmen. Also Riddler may or may not be the most book smart batman villain but Bane is easily the smartest outside of a book

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By Dracade102

Depending on exactly which version of the Riddler and Penguin you're talking about here, I'd say the Penguin would win through having more connections in the criminal underworld than Riddler, and a far stronger band of thugs. However, I've never really seen Riddler ever apply himself against anyone other than Batman. If he's willing to focus less on the brainteasers and more on the main operation, Riddler might have a slim chance at killing Cobblepot. Either way though, I'm leaning more towards the Penguin's side.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@KingPsychReaper said:

@entropy_aegis: Actually no Bane is very intelligent granted, but he's not batman level intelligent, by bio riddler is in fact that intelligent, bane is known more for what he does ON the field. and Riddler being the most intelligent villain is just one of those universal batman facts, It's not debatable. Bane did a few good things and then he kinda failed, where riddler has had failures every batman villain has, but riddler keeps on coming. Bane did his whole break the bat thing and though he kept having a few appearances. Regardless the three big bads are Joker Penguin and Riddler because they each mirror some part of batman. Joker's Insanity mirrors bruce's tight grip on sanity. Penguins high connections in the underground with all the thugs and scum of gotham, mirror bruces philanthropy and high connections with the rich, Riddlers ridiculous intelligence deductive skills and ingenuity mirrors batmans high intelligence and deductive skills though while batman uses his for helping others, riddler is obsessed with showing his superiority, which is what puts him in a bind, Banes title belongs as the man who broke the bat which is a good enough title for the guy, he's intelligent yea... but he's not riddler intelligent, he's very strong, but probably rivaled by croc, his real claim to fame is breaking batman. I'd say riddler wins smaller battles but more over all bane comes up with this great climax then fail... like secret six. Of course also Riddler doesn't need some chemical to power himself up, just his brain really. No matter what argument you make though, it really is just a universal thing in batman where riddler is just the most intelligent that is his role among batman's villains. Riddler has had a few bad run ins but in the end he usually figures his way out of a bad situation. I mean he pretty much has the last laugh on batman in hush, even though batman punched him, riddler isn't about the physical it's about the mental and the schemes and the plans, yea he gets beat up alot but that doesn't matter because what he lacks in strength he way more than makes up for in brains

WTF? Dude I dont care about what Riddler could be,should be or would be.I care about what he is,virtually everyone in Gotham has gotten the drop on Riddler.Bane outsmarted him just before Knightfall and funny you should mention chemicals cause I seem to recall Bane deducing Batman's secret ID with in a few days just by looking at him while it took Riddler about a decade and chemicals of the Lazarus pit(by his own admission) to do the same.Bane is smarter,feats prove it.Riddler only has the rep and Hush lol? please by that logic Gilda Dent and Alberto Falcone are smarter than Batman and Riddler.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Blacklightning13

@KingPsychReaper said:

I disagree. They are just some of the oldest (so have had time to develop character wise) and the most popular.

@entropy_aegis said:

@Joygirl said:

Penguin shoots him,and smartest villian? that honour belongs to Bane not Riddler.

Bane? Please. Either Prometheus, Hush or Ra Ah Ghul.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sydpart2

Riddler can be done so well but everyone just remembers the crap stories. I mean come on guys, the only good Riddler story anyone has cited was Hush and even that is just ok for what he's done. Riddler can and has out thought Batman and Joker, two geniuses. He's freaking humiliated Green Arrow, twice. Penguin is good at paying people off but Riddler is smarter than to just pay some guys to take out Cobblepot. You think this is just gonna be a thug match? No, Riddler will work in shadow tactics, hiring spies and would probably go all Oceans 11 on Penguin's ass, not just beating him but taking everything from him in the process.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By FourthDeity

@Joygirl said:

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Blacklightning13 said:

@KingPsychReaper said:

I disagree. They are just some of the oldest (so have had time to develop character wise) and the most popular.

@entropy_aegis said:

@Joygirl said:

Prometheus is not a Batman villain and he's just a walking plot device,Bane>Ra's al Ghul read Bane of the Demon and Hush? LOL what's he even done?his master plan in Hush(not even his btw) was just a poor mans Knightfall.@Sydpart2 said:

Riddler can be done so well but everyone just remembers the crap stories. I mean come on guys, the only good Riddler story anyone has cited was Hush and even that is just ok for what he's done. Riddler can and has out thought Batman and Joker, two geniuses. He's freaking humiliated Green Arrow, twice. Penguin is good at paying people off but Riddler is smarter than to just pay some guys to take out Cobblepot. You think this is just gonna be a thug match? No, Riddler will work in shadow tactics, hiring spies and would probably go all Oceans 11 on Penguin's ass, not just beating him but taking everything from him in the process.

Since when was GA so smart? and Riddler has only outsmarted Batman once likewise he's been owned 10 times more so I'll go with what's more consistent.

Penguin will kick him out of Gotham,he has intel on everyone,he has connections everywhere even amongst heroes.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sydpart2

@entropy_aegis said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

@KingPsychReaper said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Joygirl said:

Prometheus is not a Batman villain and he's just a walking plot device,Bane>Ra's al Ghul read Bane of the Demon and Hush? LOL what's he even done?his master plan in Hush(not even his btw) was just a poor mans Knightfall.@Sydpart2 said:

Since when was GA so smart? and Riddler has only outsmarted Batman once likewise he's been owned 10 times more so I'll go with what's more consistent.

Penguin will kick him out of Gotham,he has intel on everyone,he has connections everywhere even amongst heroes.

I didn't say GA was a genius like Joker and Batman, but he's far from an idiot. And no, he's outsmarted Batman several times.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Riddler

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I think the Riddler would win, due to the fact on whether he's the smartest Batman villain or not, he is smarter then the Penguin by quite a large margin.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@HBKTimHBK said:

I think the Riddler would win, due to the fact on whether he's the smartest Batman villain or not, he is smarter then the Penguin by quite a large margin.

my sidekick is right.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

my sidekick is right.

-__- lol

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By TifaLockhart

Riddler cheats. Then he has the nerve to accuse Batman of looking up the answers to his riddles on the Internet.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Trinity00

@Sydpart2 said:

lol

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Stronger

Penguin wins

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Picard

@KingPsychReaper said:

Actually no Bane is smarter than Riddler - before Knightfall Bane effortlessly solved Nigma's riddle - in fact before Batman did it - and pumped Edward with venom. Bane was set up to be ultimate villain: he was smarter than Riddler end stronger than Killer Croc. Reason why Bane is rarely used is because overpowered. But Riddler wins - he is a lot smarter than Oswald.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Blacklightning13

@entropy_aegis said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

@KingPsychReaper said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Joygirl said:

Prometheus is not a Batman villain and he's just a walking plot device,Bane>Ra's al Ghul read Bane of the Demon and Hush? LOL what's he even done?his master plan in Hush(not even his btw) was just a poor mans Knightfall.

Prometheus is a Batman villain. He is just done mostly as an enemy of the JLA.

Hush is good. He's very good. He used Poison Ivy (and there-by Catwoman and Superman), Joker, Harley quin, Clay face and Harold. He nearly beat Batman and did beat Catwoman. He was even able to operate even without funds.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Blacklightning13 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

@KingPsychReaper said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Joygirl said:

Prometheus is not a Batman villain and he's just a walking plot device,Bane>Ra's al Ghul read Bane of the Demon and Hush? LOL what's he even done?his master plan in Hush(not even his btw) was just a poor mans Knightfall.

Hush is good. He's very good. He used Poison Ivy (and there-by Catwoman and Superman), Joker, Harley quin, Clay face and Harold. He nearly beat Batman and did beat Catwoman. He was even able to operate even without funds.

No he is'nt,he has'nt even appeared in a Batman book,he's simply an anti-Batman,the same goes for Deathstroke.Hush is good only in Jeph Loeb stories where even Alberto and Sofia Falcone managed to do the same things years before he came along.Bane could solo Hush,Riddler and Freeze.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Saren

@Blacklightning13 said:

Hush then had his ass soundly kicked twice by Catwoman after that. He's not good for anything other than quoting Aristotle.

thebatmobile12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thebatmobile12

Riddler wins, but the fight would be fairer if less prep time was given out.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

Riddler.A better fighter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a60370ee1024
deactivated-5a60370ee1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@joygirl: That's debatable as Batman said Ozzie was smarter than himself, as seen here. Joke villain? Yeah, because cheating people out of money, ruining others lives, kidnapping famous actors, destroying the batmobile, and coming close to killing Batman on several occasions is pretty funny, right?

@entropy_aegis: Useless? Neither of them are useless, if we're going to go on a basis of being useless then Bane is just as useless. The guy hasn't been relevant since Knightfall, and his sole purpose for creation was to "break the Bat", he's Doomsday 2.0.

While Riddler may not be written the best, he's still a good character and a great villain for Batman.

Penguin is one hell of a villain, I really hope you don't hate him just for his appearance, because that'd be extremely shallow. Penguin's also, like the guy before said, he's a perfect mirror reflection of Batman as well as Riddler.

Anyway, on the subject of the fight, I'd give the edge to Cobblepot as Nigma doesn't seem to show any sort of fighting skills. I remember reading a comic back in the eighties where Penguin was learning judo to fend off and fight bullies, and he punched one of the bully's teeth out. So, I'd have to say that Penguin would win.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler

Malachi-Nygma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Malachi-Nygma

I dont do comics so i might be uneducated for this buuut... If were talking ridder and penguin from gotham the show.... PENGUINS OUTA THERE

I might be bias tho

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

riddler w/prep