Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sufferthorn
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Round 1: The Riddler has challenged Sherlock Holmes to a game. They must switch places. Sherlock Holmes will create riddles and puzzles for Riddler to solve, rather than the other way around.

Round 2: Original Roles, Riddler creates puzzles for Sherlock Holmes to solve while putting people in harms way.

Morals on

London

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Riddler stomps. He is an outstanding detective, rivaling Batman (and outright humiliating DickBatz), whereas Sherlock has no puzzle-creation feats as far as I know. In their usual roles this may be an interesting match, but as is Eddie dominates ruthlessly.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Odinsonnn

@joygirl: yeah, not exactly Holmes' forte. Shoulda def. kept the roles original.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, to me, Sherlock's detective skills are way better than Batman's, but I have no idea how good he is at creating puzzles.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sufferthorn

I don't know, to me, Sherlock's detective skills are way better than Batman's, but I have no idea how good he is at creating puzzles.

I'll create a seperate thread matching him up against someone else, and a Round 2 with their original roles.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Round 1: Sherlock doesn't really create puzzles.. but maybe he could reverse think something? leaning towards riddler.

Round 2: Sherlock, no contest.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, Riddler dominates round 1, round 2 is closer. I believe Batman and Sherlock have met and I recall them being approximately equal, though Sherlock lacks Bruce's physical/martial training and equipment. As a result I am standing by mah man Nigma. @the_poet: What do you think?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bystander

Round 1: Sherlock doesn't really create puzzles.. but maybe he could reverse think something? leaning towards riddler.

WHAT HE SAID

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sufferthorn

@joygirl said:

Okay, Riddler dominates round 1, round 2 is closer. I believe Batman and Sherlock have met and I recall them being approximately equal, though Sherlock lacks Bruce's physical/martial training and equipment. As a result I am standing by mah man Nigma. @the_poet: What do you think?

Sherlock and Batman meeting would be entirely non-canon.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 I think Riddler takes it. Round 2 Sherlock without trouble.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Yeah, what has Bruce to do with this?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: Bruce has everything to do with it. He is Riddler's measuring stick. Handicapping himself, Bruce still has trouble with him. Without his compulsions he is Bruce's intellectual superior. Therefore, if Bruce is >= Sherlock, Riddler wins.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@cyberwarrior: Bruce has everything to do with it. He is Riddler's measuring stick. Handicapping himself, Bruce still has trouble with him. Without his compulsions he is Bruce's intellectual superior. Therefore, if Bruce is >= Sherlock, Riddler wins.

This isn't DC's non-sherlock. This is TV series sherlock, who matched up with the likes of moriarty.. He isn't losing round 2.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: That might be considered debatable in this thread.

what? The picture is from BBC's sherlock, not comic sherlock..

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_red_viper  Moderator

@joygirl said:

Batman and Sherlock have met, in fact.

Loading Video...

Batman's first verse was epic. Robin, as usual, just got in the way, and Sherlock handed Batman his ass with that last verse.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Batman and Sherlock have met, in fact.

Loading Video...

Batman's first verse was epic. Robin, as usual, just got in the way, and Sherlock handed Batman his ass with that last verse.

That was epic. I still think Sherlock is ">" than The Riddler.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Sherlock says that he doesn't like riddles. Sherlock stomps, his deductive capacity is far and away above Batman's or the Riddlers.

R1: Riddler - Just

R2: Sherlock stomps.

If you think he doesn't you're deluded.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#20 The Poet  Moderator

@joygirl said:

If when you say "non-canon" you mean "pre-crisis" they DID meet. Detective Comics #572 - Fifty Years Anniversary

No Caption Provided

Of course, this meeting was minor at best and while they were matched for powers of deduction, we couldn't compare them physically in this appearence since Holmes was still born 1854 or that time period and he was still alive at the time Batman was operating (spoiler perhaps?) and thus was an old man. You could site Batman Brave and the Bold as meeting, but that would be non-canon.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The Poet  Moderator

I love both characters but I'd say Sherlock in both cases.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet said:

If when you say "non-canon" you mean "pre-crisis" they DID meet. Detective Comics #572 - Fifty Years Anniversary

Of course, this meeting was minor at best and while they were matched for powers of deduction, we couldn't compare them physically in this appearence since Holmes was still born 1854 or that time period and he was still alive at the time Batman was operating (spoiler perhaps?) and thus was an old man. You could site Batman Brave and the Bold as meeting, but that would be non-canon.

But it's completely unrelated to the sherlock we're using.. So wouldn't it be useless here?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The Poet  Moderator

@the_poet said:

But it's completely unrelated to the sherlock we're using.. So wouldn't it be useless here?

I was must making a comment about they have met.

I'm curious how drastically different do you think SHERLOCK's Holmes is from regular Holmes from Doyle's books? I mean I love SHERLOCK and they have made some changes from the books, but I think the thought processes are pretty much the same. Sure, one might be more technologically based than the other (and thus have an advantage over the older version), but I don't think they would be drastically differnt if they were in the same time period. Just my two cents. Sure Cumberbatch makes this version his own, but I am not sure how drastically different the two versions would be in comparason of powers of deduction. He wasn't written that well in 572, but I'm thinking that is more beside the point.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@the_poet: Well, Sherlock version is really very close to the original version. The only thing that always strikes me is that the portrayals add a lot of immaturity to holmes. It takes the seriousness of character away, like it happened in the movie. He's more of an entertainer there. Still, the BBC version tries to be as close to the original version as possible. The only thing lacking is probably age/experience which the original character would have. His irregular habits like randomly playing violin or shooting in the night doesn't make him a snappy teenager in mind..

Other than that, BBC is exactly like what a modern age sherlock should be, he's brilliant, he's fun to watch, and the holmes-watson duo is nicely portrayed too.. As a fan of books, I really think this would be one of the most memorable portrayals of character. Just that we have to wait too long (I heard that it may not premier till 2014 now) :(

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@princearagorn1: I think that Sherlock is basically what Sherlock Holmes would be as a 21st century man, he talks a lot faster, has technology and is a lot ruder he's not really that much more immature than Doyle's Holmes in my opinion, he could be quite petty and ignorant too. In terms of characteristics, as Sherlock was 33 in a Study in Scarlet just like Benedict was in a Study in Pink. It's really just, 'What would Sherlock Holmes be in the modern day?'. Intelligence wise I think Sherlock just seems more intelligent at times because he talks a lot faster, but that's just an extension of the times we live in. The thought processes seem very similar if not near identical.

RDJ is probably the weakest modern Holmes in my opinion, JLM is just House.2 and not as good, but does have a certain charisma. That show is entirely held together by Johnny Lee Miller in my opinion.

Brett isHolmes.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By darkbeam

Riddler.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The Poet  Moderator

@the_poet: Well, Sherlock version is really very close to the original version. The only thing that always strikes me is that the portrayals add a lot of immaturity to holmes. It takes the seriousness of character away, like it happened in the movie. He's more of an entertainer there. Still, the BBC version tries to be as close to the original version as possible. The only thing lacking is probably age/experience which the original character would have. His irregular habits like randomly playing violin or shooting in the night doesn't make him a snappy teenager in mind..

Other than that, BBC is exactly like what a modern age sherlock should be, he's brilliant, he's fun to watch, and the holmes-watson duo is nicely portrayed too.. As a fan of books, I really think this would be one of the most memorable portrayals of character. Just that we have to wait too long (I heard that it may not premier till 2014 now) :(

so with that in mind, I'd say the whole meeting of batman would be a good reference to the mental abilities of both Sherlock and Batman (and thus Riddler).

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The Poet  Moderator

@princearagorn1: I think that Sherlock is basically what Sherlock Holmes would be as a 21st century man, he talks a lot faster, has technology and is a lot ruder he's not really that much more immature than Doyle's Holmes in my opinion, he could be quite petty and ignorant too. In terms of characteristics, as Sherlock was 33 in a Study in Scarlet just like Benedict was in a Study in Pink. It's really just, 'What would Sherlock Holmes be in the modern day?'. Intelligence wise I think Sherlock just seems more intelligent at times because he talks a lot faster, but that's just an extension of the times we live in. The thought processes seem very similar if not near identical.

RDJ is probably the weakest modern Holmes in my opinion, JLM is just House.2 and not as good, but does have a certain charisma. That show is entirely held together by Johnny Lee Miller in my opinion.

Brett isHolmes.

I agree with every statement here...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet said:

so with that in mind, I'd say the whole meeting of batman would be a good reference to the mental abilities of both Sherlock and Batman (and thus Riddler).

With that in mind, we can say meeting of batman and DC sherlock holmes would be a good reference their mental abilities, but we can't extend it to BBC/doyle holmes..

DC version of sherlock wasn't written by either authors, was it?

We're not seriously going to say DC holmes = conan doyle holmes.. He's a 135 from what I recall lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sherlock.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

1. Riddler, honestly can't ever see him failing to complete Riddles.
  2. Sherlock, in terms of pure deduction he's better than Batman, he can clear all Riddles.
Malachi-Nygma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: you really like the riddler huh?? I went to all the riddler post and your there... Its cool tho BECAUSE I LOVE THE RIDDLER