#1 Edited by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

My most ingenious plot yet! No matter what, Riddler wins! Edward Nigma, private eye, has been put to the ultimate challenge. He must literally outsmart himself. Each version of Nigma has precisely one week to devise a trap for the criminal turned detective while he pursues them. Det. Nigma is granted three days prep for each match. Can the "good" Riddler triumphant over his alternate selves? Versions in order of appearance.

Batman Forever
Frank Gorshin
Batman: The Animated Series
The Batman
Arkham City
Classic
Shane McCarthy reinvention
#2 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool battle!!!

Riddler wins!!!

#3 Posted by ComicStooge (13420 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very clever gauntlet, I wish I knew enough about Riddler to comment.

Online
#4 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#5 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

This is a very clever gauntlet, I wish I knew enough about Riddler to comment.

Thank you. I hope there's at least one Nigma fan that will comment. So far it's just been jokes, but then again I was expecting that. :p

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know enough about all the Riddlers to say.  
I know he can at least get up The Batman version, but I've never seen that show so... 

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually thinking it over, I know for sure he loses at the Arkham City version, due to that Riddler being a fan of "cheating".

#8 Posted by Rick_Grayson (820 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of Riddler in most incarnations, but I think detective Riddler would stop at Arkham City Riddler because he makes them unwinnable. Although.. Riddler would expect that and find a way round it...hmmm... I'm gonna go with Arkham Riddler just because he's my favourite, but it's a 5.5/10

#9 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Aarkham Riddler, he's a cheater.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Riddler should be at the end for this to be a proper gauntlet. I'd say Detective Nigma should definitely reach him, then things get tricky.

#11 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Arkham Riddler should be at the end for this to be a proper gauntlet. I'd say Detective Nigma should definitely reach him, then things get tricky.

Arkham Riddler is not the only one that has cheated. Classic Riddler has cheated countless times and even admitted to it, at least to himself.

#12 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey diddle diddle, it's time for a riddle!

#13 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but classic Riddler had very simple, goofy riddles that Detective Nigma will easily solve. ;)

#14 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Yes but classic Riddler had very simple, goofy riddles that Detective Nigma will easily solve. ;)

Arkham City's Riddler had relatively easy to solve riddles and puzzles, albeit some did take some actual problem solving and Bat tech. This is where Det. Nigma's 3 day prep-time comes into play.

#15 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Detective Nigma would stop either at TAS Riddler or AC Riddler... Sure Arkham City's Riddler did try rigging some of his death traps, but only specifically because he had it out for Batman. Unless that Riddler would have the same bloodlust against "himself", Detective Nigma might clear this. No idea what the Shane McCarthy reinvention's feats are, though.

#16 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he can clear this gauntlet, except for the Arkham City Riddler. This is based solely off of the fact that the AC riddler devises plots that involve trophy's and challenges that take someone with Batman's gadgets and physicals to find. He outsmarts himself in every round, but loses to AC Riddler because he doesn't have the physical prowess to get the job done.

Oh and great gauntlet btw.

#17 Edited by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

I think that he can clear this gauntlet, except for the Arkham City Riddler. This is based solely off of the fact that the AC riddler devises plots that involve trophy's and challenges that take someone with Batman's gadgets and physicals to find. He outsmarts himself in every round, but loses to AC Riddler because he doesn't have the physical prowess to get the job done.

Oh and great gauntlet btw.

If we go by video game logic, Nigma placed trophies for Catwoman. A few were in places only she could reach and not Batman (in-game). I have a feeling if the "AC" Riddler was designing a "game" for his good self, he'd build it in a way that he could still conceivably accomplish challenges despite being less physically developed.

@Dracade102 said:

I think Detective Nigma would stop either at TAS Riddler or AC Riddler... Sure Arkham City's Riddler did try rigging some of his death traps, but only specifically because he had it out for Batman. Unless that Riddler would have the same bloodlust against "himself", Detective Nigma might clear this. No idea what the Shane McCarthy reinvention's feats are, though.

I believe he managed to beat Batman. That has to count for something.

#18 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

I think Detective Nigma would stop either at TAS Riddler or AC Riddler... Sure Arkham City's Riddler did try rigging some of his death traps, but only specifically because he had it out for Batman. Unless that Riddler would have the same bloodlust against "himself", Detective Nigma might clear this. No idea what the Shane McCarthy reinvention's feats are, though.

A good point. Everyone in this gauntlet is "in-character" and merely out to prove their intellect. Death is allowed, but not the first or only option for the ones that are less violent. Keep in mind that in Arkham Asylum in the audio tape interviews between Nigma and Dr. Young, it was established that Riddler had killed people in his deathtraps before. Whether these traps were rigged or not is up for debate, though if we can take his word at face value they weren't - the people were just too stupid to escape safely.

#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1,I dont know about Frank Gorshin but all the other Riddlers are more dangerous than detective Nigma.

#20 Posted by NeonGameWave (8005 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Arkham Riddler.

#21 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Curious to see if there is anyone else here with extensive knowledge on all these versions, or at least Shane McCarthy's rendition, as well as to garner more opinions.

#22 Posted by Active_Adaptation (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

Batman wins.

This.