#1 Edited by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson and Logan find themselves in a Murderworld/Riddle deathtrap extravaganza! Nigma and Arcade, obviously, had time to prep for this. Nightwing and Logan have standard gear. Can they find a way out of Murderworld or will they be trapped for eternity?

#2 Posted by Rick_Grayson (779 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nightwing's smarts will get them through this, don't need to worry too much about Wolverine, being practically immortal as he is.

#3 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how could they solve a riddle while escaping from a giant ball with spikes and what's to say what awaits on the next corner. More riddles and deathtraps. I don't think Dick might make it out alive, Logan on the other hand is tough to kill, but that only prolongs the inevitable cause he will not solve Nigma's riddles.

#4 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of team two has beaten team one before, together they take this. Combining Riddler and Arcade wouldnt help much, they share a lot of qualities and wouldnt be that much more challenging as a duo. I do think that Arcade and Sabertooth would take this but the Riddler is kinda a non factor in this.

#5 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

If bats can do it Grayson can do it and screw all you bat fans Nightwing is just as good a detective and i'd even say Tim Drake is better

#6 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Arcade shoots the team in the foot.  
Riddler won't be able to properly make use of Arcade's resources with that idiot around.

#8 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Arcade shoots the team in the foot. Riddler won't be able to properly make use of Arcade's resources with that idiot around.

Feats of Arcade?

(I only know him from Ultimate Alliance)

#9 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Arcade shoots the team in the foot. Riddler won't be able to properly make use of Arcade's resources with that idiot around.

Why do you say that?

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Both of team two has beaten team one before, together they take this. Combining Riddler and Arcade wouldnt help much, they share a lot of qualities and wouldnt be that much more challenging as a duo. I do think that Arcade and Sabertooth would take this but the Riddler is kinda a non factor in this.

A non-factor? Really? Riddler is so often underrated and underutilized.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultra_Girl_@Ultimate_Riddler: Murderworld has not killed a single person until Avenger's Arena. Which is only because of the premise of the book, not Arcade's still in making death traps. 
He is the most incompetent villain in the MU.  
#11 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

Riddler is so often underrated and underutilized.

#12 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: I think that title goes to Stilt-Man.

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

I think Stilt-Man is a more legitimate threat. At least people have the chance of underestimating him. (See the latest DD issue)
#14 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

I think Stilt-Man is a more legitimate threat. At least people have the chance of underestimating him. (See the latest DD issue)

Didn't expect someone to type that. Ever.

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

I think Stilt-Man is a more legitimate threat. At least people have the chance of underestimating him. (See the latest DD issue)

Check out the best comic book battles article for today. Stilts was able to completely catch Spider-Ock off guard with a tech upgrade.  
Arcade meanwhile would never have that happen because for whatever reason people still consider him dangerous.
#16 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Check out the best comic book battles article for today. Stilts was able to completely catch Spider-Ock off guard with a tech upgrade. Arcade meanwhile would never have that happen because for whatever reason people still consider him dangerous.

Just looked that up. Interesting, but he didn't last very long. I do think this proves a belief I've held for a long time now; any character can become interesting and dangerous with enough creativity put into them.

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate_Riddler: I agree. 
#18 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

When did Sabretooth come into this? Are you just presenting a plausible replacement? Why is Nigma the non-factor and not Arcade? When has Nightwing beaten Riddler without Batman's aid? Questions, questions.

#19 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultimate_Riddler said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Why do you say that?

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

A non-factor? Really? Riddler is so often underrated and underutilized.

They should read the backup story from Batman 15 I think. Joker gave Riddler some pretty high praise.

As for the thread, Nightwing is exceptional at thinking on his feet and has shown his worth as a detective, though not on the level of Bruce or Tim, I'd say. Regardless, riddles aren't necessarily the same as detective work. You kind of have to know a lot, be comfortable around words and have a mind capable of deconstructing/abstracting concepts. I think that fits Nightwing's bill pretty well.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the picture placement. Also, Team Deathtrap has this in the bag -- Riddler alone actually stands a great chance, since neither hero is even near his intellectual equal. With Arcade's help and resources this is a sure thing.

#21 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing and Wolvie got this.

#22 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Loving the picture placement. Also, Team Deathtrap has this in the bag -- Riddler alone actually stands a great chance, since neither hero is even near his intellectual equal. With Arcade's help and resources this is a sure thing.

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Nightwing and Wolvie got this.

Wildly different opinions. Fun!