#1  Edited By RedRobin92

The Punisher 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

VS 

John Rambo 
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The fight takes place in a 30 mile section of the jungles of Vietnam. There is a river separating the two sides of the 30 mile radius. Each combatant starts on a separate side. 
The combatants have an hour of prep time  

Fight to the death

Weapons and Gear: 

The Punisher                              
Bowie knife    
 10 frag grenades    
A sniper rifle w/ 6 rounds      
2 claymore mines     
A pair of uzi's with a 2 reload clips each                   
1 RPG launcher with 2 rounds        
kevlar vest            
camouflage outfit                                                          
binoculars            
H2H   

Rambo 
 Bowie knife 
3 land mines and 5 frag grenades 
Composite bow with a quiver of 30 arrows
 Net 
 AK-47 with 4 reload clips 
flamethrower with a single tank of gas (4-5 uses) 
kevlar vest 
camouflage outfit 
binoculars 
H2H 

Let the battle begin!
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lance Bastro

this fight is too awesome that it becomes a tie.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BarelyAverage

They should totally do a cross over! Anyways I like rambo's chances with that Ak. Punisher could take him out w/ that sniper but at midrange rambo has to have the advantage.

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FALLENprophet

I think rambo has the advantage him being more familar with the area. 
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BarelyAverage
@BarelyAverage said:
They should totally do a cross over! Anyways I like rambo's chances with that Ak. Punisher could take him out w/ that sniper but at midrange rambo has to have the advantage.
That too. Punisher is adept at fighting in the jungle but yea, Rambo has homecourt advantage here IMO.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nefarious

They are both similar in many ways. I'll give them that. But, I believe Punisher is the superior ex-soldier here.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BarelyAverage
@Nefarious said:
They are both similar in many ways. I'll give them that. But, I believe Punisher is the superior ex-soldier here.
He may be but not in this terrain...
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kadeem

This would be a good fight.  It would probably go on for a while but The Punisher would win since he has taken down superhuman opponents in the past.  I have respect for Rambo's skills but we have not seen anything from hi that suggest who could fair against the same odds that Frank has.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BarelyAverage
@kadeem said:

This would be a good fight.  It would probably go on for a while but The Punisher would win since he has taken down superhuman opponents in the past.  I have respect for Rambo's skills but we have not seen anything from hi that suggest who could fair against the same odds that Frank has.

Rambo has taken on the vietcong single handedly. Thats an amazing feat itself.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Punisher.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kadeem
@BarelyAverage said:
@kadeem said:

Rambo has taken on the vietcong single handedly. Thats an amazing feat itself.
Your right, Rambo is amazing in his own right.  This battle I think would be one of the greatest struggles of Castle's life, but for me the fact that he has taken down superhuman opponents is what makes me lean in The Punisher's favor, rather than it being a stale mate.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious
@BarelyAverage: True, this is Rambo's home...his playground...his territory. Ooooh, boy, Punisher better take this fight, seriously. Rambo is no joke. Also, Punisher better play this game right and step up his game.
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of the best standoffs on the battle forums. I am at a loss on this one. To be honest I can't decide. 

Punisher has the better marksmanship and knowledge of weaponry.

Rambo has better guerilla tactics and survival situation awareness.

Plus having an hour of prep time. I can't even image all the traps that would be set up around the battle area. Punisher goes somewhere to set up for snipe shot , oh look a punji trap. Rambo goes to hide underneath a bush, oh look he's in a claymore hotzone. 

I can't decide.

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By RedRobin92

I have to admit, when the idea first crossed my mind I thought Punisher would trump pretty quickly but... 

Rambo is a master of guerilla tactics and is in a sense a more primitive Punisher. 

Both are Nam vets and are familiar with traversing and fighting in the jungle terrain. 

and with an hour of prep time, you know the booby traps will be ready for action. 

I honestly don't know 

Youngcircle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Youngcircle

Punisher

GreenArrow789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GreenArrow789

Personally, I think Rambo would come out victorious.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

Punisher.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Punisher was in Nam too. The terrain doesn't mean much. Punisher takes on superhumans on a routine basis. He takes the cake.  

Edit: They'd probably end up teaming up and laying waste to half of the Vietnam peninsula just for kicks.
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RedRobin92

Furthermore, to make this all a little more interesting,  

we all know that Rambo was a badass during his tours in Nam and quickly became a real thorn in the Vietcong's side, but Frank Castle also did three tours of duty and Nam and once killed an entire armed squadron of enemies by beating them to death and taking a good deal of damage in the process.  

No Caption Provided
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By karrob

Im on the fence but im siding with Punisher. I agree that his track record of taking down superhuman opponents is impressive. It should not be overlooked.

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RedRobin92
@BarelyAverage: I completely agree that a crossover of this should be done. It would be fantastic. 
GreenArrow789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GreenArrow789

Is that picture from Punisher: Born? That was a great graphic novel, and shows what a boss Frank was in Nam. However, I still think John Rambo has this battle in the bag.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went thru this battle with some people at work and all of them are stumped. We even put 30 minutes of Punisher War zone and 30 minutes Rambo First blood pt II and Rambo III. We are still at a stand still on who would win.  

I would be scared to read a crossover deathmatch between the two. I would freak out if Rambo shot punisher with an exploding arrow or Punisher shot Rambo in the head with an m92 barrett.   
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lance Bastro

but rambo has several alter egos, if both of them are unarmed, rambo instantly transforms into rocky!

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ramtha07

Whoever pulls the trigger first really. Coin toss.  
I'll vote Punisher.

starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By starkwood

I'm like the 10th person in this thread to repeat this, but Rambo wins, simply because they're fighting on his terrain.  Skill-wise, I'd say they're both on par, the best the military has ever trained, and they both have nothing/nobody to go home to, so they don't necessarily fear death.  This would be a hell of a fight.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ramtha07
@starkwood said:

I'm like the 10th person in this thread to repeat this, but Rambo wins, simply because they're fighting on his terrain.  Skill-wise, I'd say they're both on par, the best the military has ever trained, and they both have nothing/nobody to go home to, so they don't necessarily fear death.  This would be a hell of a fight.

They're not fighting on Rambo's terrain. Frank Castle is every bit as familiar with the setting as John. Frank first got his stripes running 3 tours of duty in Nam. There is not advantage for Rambo due to terrain.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BarelyAverage
@Ramtha07 said:
@starkwood said:

They're not fighting on Rambo's terrain. Frank Castle is every bit as familiar with the setting as John. Frank first got his stripes running 3 tours of duty in Nam. There is not advantage for Rambo due to terrain.
Rambo knows the terrain better. He lives there.
starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By starkwood

Yeah, Rambo lived there for many years, making money street fighting and catching venomous snakes.  There's no way Castle is as familiar with that environment as Rambo.

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By not2baad

its close but i say Rambo Ak is a deciding factor for me. 

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ramtha07
@BarelyAverage said:

@Ramtha07 said:

@starkwood said:

I understand that. But it's still not logical to give him home turf advantage as the fight takes place in the jungle. Let me explain further; 
"There" just happens to be a big bloody place. They're fighting in the jungle, not the 'place'/town/city where Rambo lives.  
I live in Montreal. I sure as hell wouldn't have an advantage over someone else if we had to meet and do battle in the surrounding forests near and around Montreal. The person who knows survival in the bush best, tracking along with military tactics and training, is the one who'd win. Frank, who'd spent three years in those jungles (amongst other jungles and forested terrains throughout his career), knows the culture and nature of the land well enough to aclimatise. And he sure as hell knows survival in the bush. It's really not that great an advantage.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By progenitorigin

Due to the aforementioned fact that Castle takes on superhumans and heroes for a living, I think that gives him an edge in this.
GreenArrow789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GreenArrow789

I'm not gonna lie, this is one of the most split opinion battles I've seen, it's great haha.

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RedRobin92
@GreenArrow789:  Haha I completely agree
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BarelyAverage
@Ramtha07 said:
@BarelyAverage said:

@Ramtha07 said:

@starkwood said:

I understand that. But it's still not logical to give him home turf advantage as the fight takes place in the jungle. Let me explain further; "There" just happens to be a big bloody place. They're fighting in the jungle, not the 'place'/town/city where Rambo lives.  I live in Montreal. I sure as hell wouldn't have an advantage over someone else if we had to meet and do battle in the surrounding forests near and around Montreal. The person who knows survival in the bush best, tracking along with military tactics and training, is the one who'd win. Frank, who'd spent three years in those jungles (amongst other jungles and forested terrains throughout his career), knows the culture and nature of the land well enough to aclimatise. And he sure as hell knows survival in the bush. It's really not that great an advantage.
I understand that the Punisher is familiar with the area to a certain degree. Rambo does not live in a big town or anything like that. He makes his living off the land. Its like in your city, you know it better than someone who spent a few years there as opposed to spending your life there. I'm not saying its a huge advantage but it still just might be the deciding factor.
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RedRobin92

So I reread Punisher: Born and would just like to note that Frank's platoon suffered no KIA's (Killed in Actions) until late in his third tour of duty when the ranks were overwhelmed and given little support from their useless and uninterested commanding officers. A particular soldier in the platoon noted that he had high hopes of surviving the war, all because he was under the command of Frank Castle.

andre54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By andre54
@progenitor said:
Due to the aforementioned fact that Castle takes on superhumans and heroes for a living, I think that gives him an edge in this.
yeah, i'm sorry but there's no way rambo is killing frank. the punisher would wreck him, even if it was his home turf. rambo kills idiot police officers and untrained asian soldiers. punisher dukes it out with members from the marvel universe.
GreenArrow789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GreenArrow789

After thinking this over, I'm starting to think Punisher has the edge. Then again, Rambo is no pushover either.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the darknessss

savage fight,but john j rambo wins it for me,a wrecking machine when he gets pissed.  sorry frank,i love ya,but john j is a f-in beast of war. if marvel put him in the comics galactus would want him as his herald for sure,then john j would just kill him anyhow:-)
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By Stompa

What a great battle i guess it is pretty impossible to tell how this would end. Of 10 "realities" there would be 10 different endings to this. A sniper shot to the head for John a magazin of Ak bullets to the chest for Frank.......both would lay great traps and would use all of their skills and wits. It´s a draw for me.

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bucketz

Punisher should win in a good battle.

senturian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By senturian

IN THE JUNGLE RAMBO JOHN J. IS THE LAW.................. HES GOT THIS ALL DAY!!!!!!! :p

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RedRobin92

John Rambo should be on Spike's Deadliest Warrior haha

andre54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By andre54
@RedRobin92 said:
John Rambo should be on Spike's Deadliest Warrior haha
YES! haha, they should put some comic book characters up there too. i don't know how they would test for that but that'd be interesting. maybe one day they'll recreate this battle and we would have a definitive answer :P
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RedRobin92

A TV show that pitted different superheroes and super villains against each other based on their feats and their powers would be incredible.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
@RedRobin92: Kinda like Deadliest Warrior? That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Rambo and Frank are far to similar in terms of skill and ability. It may come down to a lucky shot.
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RedRobin92
@Mr. Dead Pool: I couldn't agree more. And this whole battle thread has been fantastic, i think all of us would love to see this fight. 
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By one_upper

Snake-Eyes trumps both ;)

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
@RedRobin92: I know I would!!! Also on a side note I always thought Stallone would have made a great Punisher 
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedRobin92
@Mr. Dead Pool: Haha yeah stallone could have easily played the Punisher in the 1989 version, no doubt.