Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatemalingsia
  • Standard pre-Secret Wars Punisher.
  • Current CW Green Arrow.
  • Standard gear.
  • Morals off. (Both of them are not hesitant to kill the other, but they won't hurt innocent bystanders)
  • Win by any means necessary.

VS
VS
No Caption Provided

Fight takes place in here:

No Caption Provided

They start visible, begin on opposite ends.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Ollie.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Could go either way.

In before "Punisher stomps Arrowverse" and "Comics are always better then Live action" bullshit..................

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I agree it could go either way. Ollie would beat Frank in hand to hand though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I agree it could go either way. Ollie would beat Frank in hand to hand though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh dear...

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatemalingsia
@allstarsuperman said:

In before "Punisher stomps Arrowverse" and "Comics are always better then Live action" bullshit..................

Hahah...

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flip a coin and that will be your winner

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By devinwifi
Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Frank should take it every single time. In an entertaining fight.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank stomps. Classic Ollie vvould vvin though.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I think the morals being off is what really throws this in Punisher's favor. Statwise, Ollie holds no overwhelming advantage. Anywhere GA has an advantage, it's very minimal compared to Frank's large advantages of pain tolerance and accuracy. I'm down with debating it more in depth if you'd like.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ollie aims better with his weapon of choice. but guns are better than bows on most occassions

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

punisher

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: NickZ knows Arrow better then I do, but Ollies pain tolerance is up there, he can stabbed by Ras and fell hundreds of feet and didn't die, he's been thrown around my Mirakuru Slade and other goons, he's fought on while being poisoned and more. I don't think Punisher holds a big advantage in that area. Sure people like the Daken fight, but so what, Punisher died, I don't really understand why people use that feat.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: NickZ knows Arrow better then I do, but Ollies pain tolerance is up there, he can stabbed by Ras and fell hundreds of feet and didn't die, he's been thrown around my Mirakuru Slade and other goons, he's fought on while being poisoned and more. I don't think Punisher holds a big advantage in that area. Sure people like the Daken fight, but so what, Punisher died, I don't really understand why people use that feat.

Because he was already seriously injured when Daken ambushed him and he still managed to put up a great fight against him. How can you not understand why people use that as a feat of pain tolerance and badassery?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank in a decent fight. As Keenko said above, Frank is more than capable of taking whatever Oliver dishes out, and has much better accuracy as well, even in spite of Oliver's very good marksmanship.

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank wins this

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ollie is more skilled, and has better gear. Frank is the better shooter by a large margin though. You've kind of screwed Arrow kind of hard for him to use his explosive arrows indoors when he can't hurt civilians.

I'll give it to Castle.

ob1ed209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie wins after a great fight.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jashro44

I don't get why everyone is saying Oliver is more accurate or skilled with his weapon. He's done nothing compared to frank shooting iron man in the eyes, shooting spider-man on multiple occasions, shooting wolverine when he's trying to dodge bullets, shooting cables from a distance with a pistol, etc.. All the feats I referenced for Frank are perfectly consistent. People can talk about Oliver fighting Flash but Barry never won a single fight on his own or without context in season one IIRC aside from his appearance in arrow where he soloed the league, and its not like Frank hasn't fought faster such as burnout. As for Franks showing against Daken this was back when Daken was impressive, basically the same daken that demolished wolverine and deadpool, toyed around with spider-man, etc.. Frank took a serious beating from Daken before he was decapitated, and the reality is Oliver never endured such pain. His beating from deathstroke (which never broke any bones), taking hits from mirakuru users, getting shot by deadshots bullet, etc.. none of that compares to what Frank went through against Daken, and it really doesn't matter if Frank died because Daken at his peak would massacre Oliver just as badly as he did deadpool. People can talk about Olivers fight with Solomon Grundy but Grundy is pathetic compared to the Russian--who was manhandling spider-man---and Frank killed him using sheer strategy alone. Even in hand to hand Oliver has never fought someone as capable as Alyosha who stomped rhino IIRC someone far stronger than anyone Oliver has fought. Frank did hold his own against Alyoha.

Frank wins and I honestly don't think its that close with gear involved (I'm sure I will get crap for saying it but its how I feel). Its not because Oliver is live action, Frank just faces higher threats in his universe. You can complain how the marvel universe has decades of continuity for Frank to fall back on all you want but that's just the reality of the situation. Hand to hand would be close and I'm willing to say Oliver is more skilled (But I think Frank makes up for it with his dirty fighting and toughness [not that Oliver isn't tough he just hasn't endured the same beatings as Frank]) but I don't see Oliver winning against a morals off punisher. Oliver is very impressive and there are comic characters he can beat but Frank just isn't one of them.

EDIT: Again I want to stress nothing I said is meant to put Oliver down. He's very impressive, I just think Frank is better due to taking on tougher threats.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Keenko

@allstarsuperman: Ollie definitely isn't unimpressive in the pain tolerance/durability category, I agree but even discounting the Daken feat, there's a lot to draw from. Frank has survived and walked off close range grenades, getting shot, falling from buildings, getting run over, get punched by multi tonners, getting electrocuted, torture, escaping from a group of gang bangers after having major surgery, etc.

But to fall a bit on what Jashro said;

Hand to hand would be close and I'm willing to say Oliver is more skilled (But I think Frank makes up for it with his dirty fighting and toughness [not that Oliver isn't tough he just hasn't endured the same beatings as Frank]) but I don't see Oliver winning against a morals off punisher. Oliver is very impressive and there are comic characters he can beat but Frank just isn't one of them.

I think this fight would be fairer if Oliver was morals off but Punisher was aware of who Ollie is. Allowing Frank to go for lethal shots and do his full ruthless fighting, it gives him this sheer unpredictability advantage. Frank has bitten off Deadpool's nose, nearly ripped a dude's arm off, broke through all the way through a guy's teeth into his mouth with a single punch, etc.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

@allstarsuperman: I think the morals being off is what really throws this in Punisher's favor. Statwise, Ollie holds no overwhelming advantage. Anywhere GA has an advantage, it's very minimal compared to Frank's large advantages of pain tolerance and accuracy. I'm down with debating it more in depth if you'd like.

Isn't Punisher kind of always morals off? So wouldn't this actually help Ollie more, since he can aim for kill shots?

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic GA would win, this version tho would not

BoostMyGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank shoots him.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Although Green Arrow might be faster, arrows are slower than bullets so this speed disadvantage shouldn't hinder Frank too much. Punisher is the better aim and in a station with civilians this is going to be an especially useful edge, one which I think will win him the majority, along with his pain tolerance which should allow him to take a fair few arrows without going down.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_real_seaman: Punisher is pretty against killing heroes, if he doesn't have rubber bullets or tranqs on him then he most likely won't aim for lethal areas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: no I agree, but Ollie is kind of the same way. This would be interesting to see.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank head shots him with his first shot.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably for the same reason why people use Ollie being stabbed by Ras and falling off a mountain as a feat...he was not saved by his durability...he was saved by plot.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: he willed himself back to health......I think that's a tad better then Punisher just dying.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: he willed himself back to health......I think that's a tad better then Punisher just dying.

Kinda skipping over the part where Maseo had to haul Oliver's body off the mountain and into the care of his wife.

Both would have been dead without outside intervention. Neither are actually dead now.

BurntToast002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BurntToast002

@allstarsuperman said:

Kinda skipping over the part where Maseo had to haul Oliver's body off the mountain and into the care of his wife.

Both would have been dead without outside intervention. Neither are actually dead now.

Well yeah he would have died from exposure and hunger eventually if he was just left there. But the point is that Ollie had his throat shut by Ra's al Ghul, was stabbed through the stomach, and then kicked off a mountain, yet he did not die. Maseo brought him some place warm and Tatsu fed him penicillin tea; he made a full recovery within three days. Why does the fact that he needed his body taken to shelter make the fact that he survived this any less insane?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:
@allstarsuperman said:

Well yeah he would have died from exposure and hunger eventually if he was just left there. But the point is that Ollie had his throat shut by Ra's al Ghul, was stabbed through the stomach, and then kicked off a mountain, yet he did not die. Maseo brought him some place warm and Tatsu fed him penicillin tea; he made a full recovery within three days. Why does the fact that he needed his body taken to shelter make the fact that he survived this any less insane?

Because in order for it to be relevant to the battle at hand...Oliver would have had to been able to walk away from that under his own power.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@shawnbaby: yo. How did punisher become normal again after Frankencastle?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shawnbaby

@allstarsuperman said:

@shawnbaby: yo. How did punisher become normal again after Frankencastle?

His body was healed by the Bloodstone. Also made him young again.

BurntToast002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnttoast002 said:
@shawnbaby said:
@allstarsuperman said:

Because in order for it to be relevant to the battle at hand...Oliver would have had to been able to walk away from that under his own power.

I agree with that, but then why was Punisher's fight with Daken anything impressive? He was out of it after the first slashes, it just took awhile for him to actually fall.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank spanks

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:
@burnttoast002 said:
@shawnbaby said:
@allstarsuperman said:

I agree with that, but then why was Punisher's fight with Daken anything impressive? He was out of it after the first slashes, it just took awhile for him to actually fall.

What makes Frank's feat more impressive was that, even though he was severely wounded, he continued to fight on. It's a better showing of actual endurance, pain tolerance, and durability.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hatemalingsia

I can scan-bomb or make an essay to address the most ridiculous comments... but I have neither the willingness nor commitment to drag this into a tedious and laborious debate.

So... Frank headshots him with his first shot, I guess.