• 123 results
#1 Edited by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

SCENARIO

The Punisher is in the exact same scenario as seen in Batman: Arkham Asylum. His mission is to make it through the Asylum and kill every villain he meets along the way (basically, all of the villains you meet in the actual video game). He must also go through the same tasks that Batman had to go through in the game (rescuing Commissioner Gordon, saving hostages, finding the Titan Formula, etc.)

RULES

-Morals are off for everyone.

-Punisher must kill every villain that he meets in the Asylum.

-None of the villains have any knowledge about Frank (Frank has no knowledge on their capabilities either). The villains are expecting Batman to show up. The exception to this is Joker, who has full knowledge on Frank.

-Punisher has the following equipment: M4 assault rifle (four clips); Glock 19 (two clips); P90 (one clip); two smoke grenades; one frag grenade; one flash grenade; one fully-functional replica of Batman's Cryptographic Sequencer (with knowledge on how to use it). Frank also has his usual Kevlar costume, as well as a comlink that allows him to communicate with Oracle. Finally, he has a special set of goggles that can duplicate Batman's "Detective Mode".

-If Punisher runs out of ammo, he is able to take ammunition from any thugs he kills.

-The Punisher starts out at the beginning of the Asylum. Joker has already gotten loose and is in his hideout.

Can Punisher make it to the end and take out Joker?

#2 Posted by BigCimmerian (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio

I think any street leveler can breeze through Arkham Asylum, most of Bats villains that are credible physical threats aren't even there

#4 Posted by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent played the games, but Punisher is no Batman. The Joker would have a field day with him.

#5 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

I havent played the games, but Punisher is no Batman. The Joker would have a field day with him.

LOL, Frank's detective skills; "you look evil" "BANG"!

hmmm, actually, if Frank was in Gothom, they would not need Arkham Asylum.

#6 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
I think any street leveler can breeze through Arkham Asylum, most of Bats villains that are credible physical threats aren't even there
Croc and Bane are there. 
#7 Posted by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there. 
Honestly I don't think Croc would give him much of a challenge and I never knew Bane went to Arkham, I would assume he is not insane like the other rogues, yeah, I would bet he would have trouble with Bane though
#8 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there.
Honestly I don't think Croc would give him much of a challenge and I never knew Bane went to Arkham, I would assume he is not insane like the other rogues, yeah, I would bet he would have trouble with Bane though

Bane was in the game and that's the scenario we're going with.

Anyway, Frank makes it through in the absolute most brutal, bloody, terrifyingly GLORIOUS battle to ever grace this planet. He gets through the thugs, Bane, Croc, even Ivy, but will NOT come out unscathed.

Until he gets to Joker.

As OP said, Joker will know Frank is here, and honestly I don't think he'd be to happy with some commando with a death wish showing up instead of his bat. So Joker holds nothing back and, I'm afraid to say, will most likely end up killing Frank.

I give Frank a win of 6/10, just because he's the friggin Punisher, but it will NOT be easy. GOD do I want this game made...

#9 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Well lets see Punisher could win but Gordon would die cuz Frank could care less.

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there.

That was a very different Bane though, he was a charging brute that Frank could waste probably rather easily
#11 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there.
That was a very different Bane though, he was a charging brute that Frank could waste probably rather easily

Why did I get a message saying you replied to me? I did not say that dammit!

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank makes it to the final level, Joker keeping Gordon hostage.

All seems lost.

Batman decided to listen to Joker monologue.

But Frank just shoots Joker in the face.

The end.

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voodoom said:

Well lets see Punisher could win but Gordon would die cuz Frank could care less.

How do you figure that? Since when does Punisher let civilians die, especially the police commisioner?

Not to mention OP stated he has Oracle on the line, and I doubt he'll let that girl go through what he went through when his own daughter (and wife) were murdered.

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there.

Because I replied to your last post you sent to me.....it just also auto relies to anyone quoted before hand...it is annoying
#15 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@WillPayton said:

LOL, Frank's detective skills; "you look evil" "BANG"!

hmmm, actually, if Frank was in Gothom, they would not need Arkham Asylum.

lmao

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there.

Because I replied to your last post you sent to me.....it just also auto relies to anyone quoted before hand...it is annoying

But that wasn't my message.

@nickzambuto said:

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:
@cattlebattle said:
Croc and Bane are there.

Bane was in the game and that's the scenario we're going with.

Anyway, Frank makes it through in the absolute most brutal, bloody, terrifyingly GLORIOUS battle to ever grace this planet. He gets through the thugs, Bane, Croc, even Ivy, but will NOT come out unscathed.

Until he gets to Joker.

As OP said, Joker will know Frank is here, and honestly I don't think he'd be to happy with some commando with a death wish showing up instead of his bat. So Joker holds nothing back and, I'm afraid to say, will most likely end up killing Frank.

I give Frank a win of 6/10, just because he's the friggin Punisher, but it will NOT be easy. GOD do I want this game made...

That was.

#17 Posted by Nefarious (22907 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be a BLOODBATH. 

#18 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is going to have to get new villians after Punisher deals with them.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank get's ripped to shreds by Killer Croc.

#20 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

He makes it to the Bane level, it could go either way. When he fights the two goons hopped up on Titan at the end, he loses without a doubt IMO

#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (15443 posts) - - Show Bio

Ivy should stop him,the game Bane was lame.

#22 Edited by nickthedevil (13942 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

agreed. pretty sure a scattershot to the face is all he needs to put him down.

Frank clears this, IMO.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (38315 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

You made a rhyme...lol

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (15443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis said:

You made a rhyme...lol

I did...GASP.

#25 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher clears it without effort.

#26 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#27 Posted by termiteone4ever (8001 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope Punisher cant make it. No matter how you guys take or think it there are too much villians here some bullets wont stop many on his level and above. Nope he dies at some point .

#28 Posted by Pokeysteve (8671 posts) - - Show Bio

He would have trouble stealthily saving Gordon (the first time).

I'm thinking since he plans to kill everyone he won't even need to fight Croc. The whole point of that was to reverse the Titan transformation. If he's killing them then it's moot.

Ivy has the best chance.

Not sure how he'd do against Scarecrow. Can't shoot your way out of hallucinations.

And if he's going through the game just like Batman is than Frank kills Joker way before the end. Right around where you'd fight the first Titan thug towards the beginning. Joker dies before Bane haha.

#29 Edited by DeathsHead2 (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Castle aka PUNISHER for the win(s) here. He is... BRUTALY EFFICIENT! ;) BTW, Punisher fought an "Enhanced" Russian, and WON! "Enhanced" Russian >> Bane AND Killer Croc, put together! Seriously.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Frank get's ripped to shreds by Killer Croc.

Killer Croc is not immune to an M4 clip to the head.

@primepower53 said:

He makes it to the Bane level, it could go either way. When he fights the two goons hopped up on Titan at the end, he loses without a doubt IMO

Neither are they.

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: If Frank manages to survive long enough to pull a shot off.

#32 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this would be like a vacation for Frank...all the bad guys in one building....Reading the punishers thoughts while on his bloody rampage,"happy happy joy joy!".

#33 Posted by Chaos Burn (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher gets through most of it quicker than Batman, but Joker (who knows of Frank) would set a trap too clever for the Punisher

#34 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

The only things that really troubles me is

That a lot of the time in the game batman needs to use his cape and other gadgets to get passed place that he couldn't get past without.

Punisher needs silencers on his guns or he'll alert the henchmen who might kill hostages.

And how do the riddler challenges fit into this?

#35 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he would make it simply because, since he ISN'T Batman, Joker wouldn't hold anything back at all. A big part of the game was him stringing Batman along, toying with him. Frank wouldn't be as interesting of a player, because he doesn't exactly have a Batman-esque moral code. Joker would be bored with him very quickly and end his life.

#36 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I don't think he would make it simply because, since he ISN'T Batman, Joker wouldn't hold anything back at all. A big part of the game was him stringing Batman along, toying with him. Frank wouldn't be as interesting of a player, because he doesn't exactly have a Batman-esque moral code. Joker would be bored with him very quickly and end his life.

My thoughts exactly

#37 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Voodoom said:

How do you figure that? Since when does Punisher let civilians die, especially the police commisioner?

Not to mention OP stated he has Oracle on the line, and I doubt he'll let that girl go through what he went through when his own daughter (and wife) were murdered.

Punisher 1 the new series, he shot a cop.

#38 Posted by JediXMan (31296 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think Frank would have a problem with Scarecrow.

#39 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Voodoom said:

Punisher 1 the new series, he shot a cop.

What issue was this? And what was the context?

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Oh yes, forgot about him. Punisher gets pwned.

#41 Posted by PikminMania (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

All three of these were QFT

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Yes he can

#43 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6615 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played parts of Gotham City, but not Asylum so I can't really comment decisively. I think Frank might be slightly underestimated here though. If given the ingame cues Bruce gets, upgrades and what have you, I don't see why Frank wouldn't clear. He carries his own list of gadgets these days ... and I can see Microchip feeding him intel from the sidelines etc. etc. (he dead again?)

#44 Edited by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

At the game's very beggining,the second Joker starts to attack the guards,Frank puts a bullet through his head.
Until that point,the inmates werent freed yet,correct? I am not entirely sure if game-Harley would do anything without Joker.

#45 Posted by batkevin74 (11212 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586: This would change the game because Frank wouldn't have a detective mode :)

#46 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpity bump.

#47 Posted by GabrielTDO (14 posts) - - Show Bio

that scene where scarecrow fear-gases the room you're in, that would probably finish Frank since he doesn't have any knowledge of their capabilities like the first post said.

#48 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2 said:

At the game's very beggining,the second Joker starts to attack the guards,Frank puts a bullet through his head. Until that point,the inmates werent freed yet,correct? I am not entirely sure if game-Harley would do anything without Joker.

This made me lol.

#49 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS and CIS off, Frank is going to need bigger guns to get past Ivy. Give him 20 frags and I say he clears the game with medium difficulty.

#50 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Man of Yesteryear said:

@Matezoide2 said:

At the game's very beggining,the second Joker starts to attack the guards,Frank puts a bullet through his head. Until that point,the inmates werent freed yet,correct? I am not entirely sure if game-Harley would do anything without Joker.

This made me lol.

Was that a ``it is funny because it is true`` or a ``it is funny because it is wrong``? :P