The Prototypes vs Superman

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@man_of_miracles: isn't that what you think?It isn't as easily as you think.

Um no it isn't what I think. It is a simple physics matter, Superman moves so much faster than them they will be perceived as not even moving. If you were up to date as you say you are you would understand that the prototypes don't need to stand still and wait to be atomized. They won't know what is going on before he atomizes them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@deaditegonzo: I don't know Prototype but just from reading his part of the debate it has me convinced of what he's doing. Don't waste anymore of your time on this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

Why hasn't this been locked?? This is spite.

It's Sunday. Give the Mods a break. :p

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ghostrider2

@man_of_miracles: it is best if we stop here, i was mostly trying to make you understand their inability to die.I didn't say Superman can't win.Also you must completeley erase them without leftovers in order to permanently kill them, otherwise they reform, thats the virus.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@patrat18: There is no spite. They can heal from lost arms and legs in seconds. Meaning they got the healing factor of Wolverine and wolvie beaten hulk once, he is as durable as supes

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@leonkarlen123: Wolverine did not win from his healing factor he won from his unbreakable claws something neither alex nor heller has. Not to mention when did wolvie win aside from one case where he shanked hulk in the brain

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By loplopool
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Alex and James claws has never broke either. Even they have cut metal in half with ease.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: it is best if we stop here, i was mostly trying to make you understand their inability to die.I didn't say Superman can't win.Also you must completeley erase them without leftovers in order to permanently kill them, otherwise they reform, thats the virus.

Right which he will be able to do with heat vision as he did in the scan on page 2.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

1st probability; superman tries to play with them and slaps them around then 1 sneaks behind him and consumes

2nd probability; superman waste them with heat vision

3rd probability; superman turns them to punching bag[if they will last for a minute..lol]

4th probability; superman decides to stomp because he has to go home to see martha kent

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman isn't going down or even gonna be really hurt by either of them.

But fears for heat vision. because so far no one has posted anything to suggest Superman could actually kill them either.

Alex survives being nuked out of existence he is maybe a couple drops of blood that literally re constitute themselves.

Superman might be able to finish them with heat vision but someone needs to post feats. because even with Superman's strength even if he liquefys them with each punch that's not gonna do any long term damage. He needs to melt them down on a molecular level with his heat vision to have any hope of actually stopping the virus. All though like I said there is literally nothing they can do to Superman.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Dextersinister

@leonkarlen123: There healing factor is finite, Mercer was only able to regenerate his arms so often because of the stored biomass from all the infected he had absorbed just before the fight and allowed Heller with his superior skill to beat him to beat him by ripping him apart. He also didn't recover from being caught in the tail end of a nuke until he absorbed more mass from the crow.

Also freeze breath.

Kal-El Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_el_summers: techniqually the earth weighs nothing in space

And I never said he bench-pressed the actual Earth. lukehero posted the scan on the second page.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalgl_alan: . You took it from a site that has wrong facts when i proved before they had wrong. Read how much damage an Nuclear can do first from an property site and not from facts they took from Wiki's...

• U.S. History teacher told us that if 8 nuclear bombs went off at roughly the same time, it would kill 95% of life in planet Earth. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_atomic_bombs_will_it_take_to_destroy_the_world?#slide=40 There you go now believe it!

Now i can prove a fact for you. If he hits the force of 2000 nukes he would have 1 shot Doomsday while even he landed like 20 punches he did not fall down or hurt at all and the side effect would have left the whole Earth broken while it was almost unharmed.

where is it ever stated that Superman hits the with the force of 2,000 nukes? cause this seems like a ridiculous claim.

and also it depends completely on the type of Nuclear weapon.

are these 2,000 0.3 kiloton tactile nukes in which case meh....

or

is this 2,000 50 Megaton Zhar bombs? in which case the earth is 100% annihilated.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loplopool said:

@kal_el_summers: techniqually the earth weighs nothing in space

And I never said he bench-pressed the actual Earth. lukehero posted the scan on the second page.

breaking the earth free of the gravitational pull of the earth would require equal force. and it actually does have weight in space because it's being acted on by the suns gravitational field.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Wolvies claws are adamantium and have resisted thor level strength. And Heller cut mercers bones. Irelevent since they are not wolverine and there claws are not the same.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NeonGameWave

@deaditegonzo said:

@ghostrider2 said:

@deaditegonzo: you should stop that, it is annoying.Of course i know how fast he is and what he can do, im up to date with comics, capiche?

Then maybe you have no idea how fast the speed of light is. The human brain cannot even process a thought at that speed. Light can travel around Earth 7 times in a single second. Human perception cannot even fathom it. They would stand still because they have no choice. The idea of "run" or "fight back" couldnt even register in the time it took for Superman to already have them good and dead.

@leonkarlen123 said:

@man_of_miracles: It seems like your ignorant. If you read the OP i said '' No BFR '' And how do you know his heat vision is enough to burn the skeleton? Got any scans? They got mutated in whole their body. Meaning their skeleton got much more durable then a peak human. They are no street level. Lifting large tanks, beating Alien like Zombies, Super soldiers and tanking an nuke is street level? Not really

Are bones more resistant to heat than steel? Because Superman can melt steel without even trying.

Seriously, this threat is spite. I havent even seen the Prototypes do anything that suggests they could harm Superman if he just stood there. Cutting a tank is nowhere near a feat required to harm Superman.

@neongamewave: And yet, in the game bullets hurt them. Come up with another source to compare them if you want, because in the game bullets can hurt them. And I never said Wolverine could put up a fight against both of them together, I said he could put up a fight against either one of them. I also admitted in the post you replied to that Hulk lacks any way to put them down permanently, but in a fight, he'd still win. If it was to the death, neither side could win between Hulk and these two Prototypes, unless Hulk had some sort of Gamma surge that disintegrated them (not something he can generally due, but the WB Hulk did show Gamma discharge).

This is not a close fight or a fight the Prototypes could win. Superman could easily just disintegrate them with heat vision. A punch from him at sub lightspeed could disperse their atoms for untold miles. he could literally construct prison cells around them while they are statues. He could imprison them in the phantom zone. If you disagree with any of this, the onus is on you to post evidence that they could react at his speed, and that their durability is such that they could resist being melted by heat vision that is hotter than the sun, and that they could reform from atoms. Do that, and then we have an actual debate.

I love that someone suggested they could hide from Superman. he can see down to the molecular level.

Like I said that is by game mechanics which based around gameplay is not applicable and what about the cutscenes? Didn`t the same Alex who like you say has been put to the test of tanking bullets but failing, survive a well-sized nuke with a destructive radius and didn`t he destroy city sized monsters who indeed tank military fire? I know and my point is that he doesn`t stand a chance against either of them their stats are like night and day there is no comparison, Spiderman, Deadpool, Punisher, Moon Knight and Iron Fist wouldn`t even stand a chance yet these guys have the potential to mop the floor with Wolverine in an actual fight. How would he win if he can`t put them down by the conditions of death or K.O? He can`t even K.O them he could only stall and prevent them from becoming stronger to a degree but I`m referring to the conditions of absolute death and the gamma radiation could be a problem but Hulk`s not getting around them being able to spread out their virus on a large city wide scale. However, that is a fight that is irrelevant anyway to the conditions of this fight.

This is New 52 Superman and I`m aware of all of his feats which includes his comparison to that of H`el. This is not Pre 52 or Pre Crisis that is a different story and this Superman would probably underestimate them before becoming bloodlust just like he has against his enemies so far. I agree that Superman would win and probably even have the majority but I think the Prototypes are being lowballed here how is Superman going to be able to determine their location once they consume and easily find cohesion with that of the virus and chaos that is running amongst the entire city of New York? How is Superman going to deal with the virus he`s in character he would want to try to intervene with the virus that is affecting innocent citizens and if Alex as well as Heller merge, I doubt Superman would be able to stop a planetary affecting virus.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: Since the city has full of biomass like zombies everywhere he can regenerate faster than he did by the crow. Also didn't new52 lose his freeze breath? Even so he could break it

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Auction_Sniper

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Alex regenerate because of a crow?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Dextersinister
BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Superman could literally annihilate each individual virus with extremely focused heat vision/super speed/microscopic x-ray vision...

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Superman could literally annihilate each individual virus with extremely focused heat vision/super speed/microscopic x-ray vision...

Here's an interesting one. An in character Superman could even cure the virus. He learned heart surgery in five minutes in the New 52. He studies all the literature on the Prototype virus and synthesizes a cure. Another in an infinite list of ways Superman wins easily in a spite stomp.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@boringperson said:

Here's an interesting one. An in character Superman could even cure the virus. He learned heart surgery in five minutes in the New 52. He studies all the literature on the Prototype virus and synthesizes a cure. Another in an infinite list of ways Superman wins easily in a spite stomp.

He was then sued for practicing medicine without a license :P

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: Haha. Also, i dont remember him washing his hands before using his diamond hard nail as a scalpel. Lois will eventually get a staph infection and die.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@deaditegonzo: So in a huge plot twist The Prototypes were just saying they killed Lis but when they know Supermansd beaten they tell him what he actally did to Lois and destroy him mentally :P

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ghostrider2

@deaditegonzo: he can't cure it lol, you think there are books called how to cure the virus?lol.They created something but it only slowed him down, the virus isn't like heart surgery or anything similar you can't learn how to cure it.If you played it you wouldn't say he can cure it, there are no books, there is nothing, just some papers which won't give a cure.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: he can't cure it lol, you think there are books called how to cure the virus?lol.They created something but it only slowed him down, the virus isn't like heart surgery or anything similar you can't learn how to cure it.If you played it you wouldn't say he can cure it, there are no books, there is nothing, just some papers which won't give a cure.

I wasnt saying he would read a book that gave him the cure, I am saying he would read all the research about how the virus was created and synthesize a cure from that. Scientist do this all the time, but Superman's mind is infinitely faster than a scientists, and as shown in the H'El on Earth arc, he has access to alien technology capable of ridiculous things (like destroying a solar system).

An interesting tactic would be creating a new infection, a bacteria, that eats the viral cells. Or, as scientists are trying to cure cancer, a modified version of AIDs that kills infected cells. Or how about nanobots that literally go in and eradicate the virus individually. In these ways, the likes of Batman or Lex Luthor could easily solo.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: i know but they failed but yeah you can counter but you need full info which doesn't exist and prep which makes it unfair.Besides the virus adapts/changes.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ghostrider2

@deaditegonzo: i know i was talking Batman, Lex, Reed etc they need prep.Im out.

Avatar image for originalgl_alan
OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By OriginalGL_Alan

@leonkarlen123 said:

@originalgl_alan: . You took it from a site that has wrong facts when i proved before they had wrong. Read how much damage an Nuclear can do first from an property site and not from facts they took from Wiki's...

• U.S. History teacher told us that if 8 nuclear bombs went off at roughly the same time, it would kill 95% of life in planet Earth. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_atomic_bombs_will_it_take_to_destroy_the_world?#slide=40 There you go now believe it!

Now i can prove a fact for you. If he hits the force of 2000 nukes he would have 1 shot Doomsday while even he landed like 20 punches he did not fall down or hurt at all and the side effect would have left the whole Earth broken while it was almost unharmed.

where is it ever stated that Superman hits the with the force of 2,000 nukes? cause this seems like a ridiculous claim.

and also it depends completely on the type of Nuclear weapon.

are these 2,000 0.3 kiloton tactile nukes in which case meh....

or

is this 2,000 50 Megaton Zhar bombs? in which case the earth is 100% annihilated.

It said so right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fL8zopddI

It's called science. Then there's the shadow moon feat which far outshines anything in the Prototype universe. Also, math has been done, it would take 16,000 Tsar Bombas, which is the most powerful nuclear bomb to date, to destroy the Earth completely.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman owns them.

OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_buck: Not really. He is not immune to all deceases

Invulnerability: His body is nigh-invulnerable due to his superhumanly dense cellular and anatomical structure as well as his radiating bioelectrical aura. Superman is under some circumstances resistant or immune to different forms and levels of lacerations, blunt force trauma, energy-based assaults, falls from great heights, explosions, the cold void of space, toxins and all known diseases on Earth.

Yes, he is immune. Where are you getting your Superman information (or lack thereof)?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalgl_alan: ''all known diseases on Earth.'' The Mercer virus was unknown first but became larger and larger. And this virus came from Space so...

OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman isn't going down or even gonna be really hurt by either of them.

But fears for heat vision. because so far no one has posted anything to suggest Superman could actually kill them either.

Alex survives being nuked out of existence he is maybe a couple drops of blood that literally re constitute themselves.

Superman might be able to finish them with heat vision but someone needs to post feats. because even with Superman's strength even if he liquefys them with each punch that's not gonna do any long term damage. He needs to melt them down on a molecular level with his heat vision to have any hope of actually stopping the virus. All though like I said there is literally nothing they can do to Superman.

You want heat vision feats, here you go:

John Stewart saying Superman's heat vision burns hotter than the sun
John Stewart saying Superman's heat vision burns hotter than the sun
Superman emulates Moses
Superman emulates Moses
Superman using his heat vision to wipe out an army of Doomsday clones
Superman using his heat vision to wipe out an army of Doomsday clones

You good or do you need more?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalgl_alan: Superman would not burn the earth because there is living people there

OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalgl_alan: ''all known diseases on Earth.'' The Mercer virus was unknown first but became larger and larger. And this virus came from Space so...

Prototype Wiki: Redlight Virus:

Redlight was the first variant of viral strand created by Blackwatch and was initially intended as a bio-weapon. This virus was code named as "DX-1118 A".[1]

The experiments conducted using this virus were known as Carnival I and Carnival II. Military families of various nationalities were taken to Hope, Idaho, officially as part of an experimental self-sufficient town in the face of nuclear war.

In 1969, the virus found the perfect host in Elizabeth Greene, as her genetic makeup was uniquely suited to its purposes.

Blacklight Virus: The Blacklight virus, dubbed now as the Mercer Virus by the general public, is an evolutionary chimeric mutation-causing infectious agent that can reproduce only inside the living cells of other biological organisms. It was extracted and synthesized by Gentek, using a sample of Elizabeth Greene's blood, which had been infected with the Redlight virus years previously

It was synthesized on Earth, and has been known about since 1999. Nowhere does it say the virus is extraterrestrial.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By leonkarlen123

@originalgl_alan: It is still nothing like the real Earths deceases. It creates mutants, make people crazy and lose skin, infect the earth's structure. They can consume Superman if they make him bleed first.

The closest is probably Rabies but Blacklight virus is 100x more dangerous than Rabies

OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: He didn't do it to burn the Earth, but to heat it up during the Final Night saga.

OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By OriginalGL_Alan

@originalgl_alan: It is still nothing like the real Earths deceases. It creates mutants, make people crazy and lose skin, infect the earth's structure. They can consume Superman if they make him bleed first.

The closest is probably Rabies but Blacklight virus is 100x more dangerous than Rabies

I'm sorry, what part of all known diseases on Earth did you not understand. The Blacklight Virus is known about and is classified as a disease, ergo Superman is immune to it. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By leonkarlen123

@originalgl_alan: It's still not in his universe's Earth... Blacklight virus is in DC? Tell me what issue .

Edit: Why you take all your scans from Wiki's? They are fake

OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By OriginalGL_Alan

@leonkarlen123: It doesn't matter if it's not of his Earth. The concept still stands, even in a mixed universe fight like this.

http://www.giantbomb.com/blacklight-virus/3015-2368/

Giant Bomb is a Comic Vine affiliated site dealing specifically with video games. It will give you the same information. Also, the information is from Mercer's Web of Intrigue so you have two other sources backing my original source, one of them being Prototype itself.

LAWYERED!!!

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalgl_alan: My context still stands that he need to destroy whole Earth to completely remove the Virus from existence. They just spread millions a day so Supes got no time.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

What on Earth would compel anyone to think this was fair for Mercer and Heller? Superman casually.