• 51 results
#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?
#2 Posted by Superparody (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

....ummm...beyonder?
#3 Posted by King Saturn (225200 posts) - - Show Bio
dont know what Primal Monitor can fully do... he could be an equal to The Presence in DC though... 
#4 Posted by war of light_2814 (842 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" dont know what Primal Monitor can fully do... he could be an equal to The Presence in DC though...  "
so this is omnipotence vs omnipotence?
#5 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are superior to the Presence, but neither is truly omnipotent. Hmm..

#6 Posted by A Touch of Class (ATC) (569 posts) - - Show Bio

I know very little about the Primal Monitor. However, he seems to be the equivalent to that of the Beyonder at classic levels. 

Has PM ever had any on-panel showings?

#7 Edited by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio
@A Touch of Class (ATC):  

I don't think so. Though he was mentioned in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 1 and 2 when Mandrakk one appeared.
#8 Posted by A Touch of Class (ATC) (569 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @A Touch of Class (ATC):   I don't think so. Though he was mentioned in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 1 and 2 when Mandrakk one appeared. "
I do recall that, actually. The Mandrakk stories always bugged me. Too much "beyond the fourth wall" rubbish for my tastes :D
#9 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
"Both are superior to the Presence, but neither is truly omnipotent. Hmm.. "

NO ONE is superior to the Presence. The only ones who are his equal are the One-Above-All in Marvel, and (perhaps) the Man of Miracles in Image. Even then, all these guys could be the same being (just a theory of mine). 

And as for the Primal Monitor vs Beyonder, it depends on what Beyonder we're using here: pre-retcon or post-retcon.

#10 Posted by lordraiden (7629 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"dont know what Primal Monitor can fully do... he could be an equal to The Presence in DC though...  "

There's only one Presence in the DCU, and it certainly isn't the Primal Monitor. As you stated King, there's really nothing we know of the Primal Monitor, so Beyonder wins by feats alone.
#11 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no one equal to the gods of DC and Marvel: The Presence and The One Above All.

NRAMA:

As Nix walks us through the end of the Monitors - they were the ones protecting, shepherding and monitoring the 52 worlds. Without them...what happens? As you alluded to before, does this mean the multiverse will...grow?

Grant Morrison (GM)

As we saw in Superman Beyond #1, the original, infinitely vast Monitor-Mind created a ‘concept’ to contain and study the Multiverse. That concept – a structure known as the Orrery of Worlds – was designed to protect Monitor from the effects of the Multiverse, like a bandage over a wound, or, perhaps, a cage around a wild animal. 
The cage is gone now, so yes...anything can happen. Watch this higher dimensional space.

NRAMA

Nix wakes up on earth...are the other Monitors now part of the story as well?

GM

No. Monitor-Mind has worked through its own Ultimate Story and spared Nix Uotan to be its sole representative and interface with the Multiverse. I see Uotan’s ‘hyperhero’ role in the DCU as a cross between the Silver Surfer and Doctor Who (particularly the Earthbound Jon Pertwee iteration of the character).

I guess these count as feats if its by a person who writes it.

#12 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBatman586:  

No the PM is more powerful than the Presence and the Presence isn't omnipotent(Mandrakk, a fraction of PM was eating it, the GEB was its equal etc). TOAA is.
#13 Posted by ShadowHuntR (564 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @TheBatman586:   No the PM is more powerful than the Presence and the Presence isn't omnipotent(Mandrakk, a fraction of PM was eating it, the GEB was its equal etc). TOAA is. "
Lol? Mandrakk was NEVER eating the Presence. He was feeding on the Spectre and the Radiant. That's different. He wasn't feeding on the the Presence itself.
#14 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3981 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowHuntR said:
" @RiseofApocalypse said:
" @TheBatman586:   No the PM is more powerful than the Presence and the Presence isn't omnipotent(Mandrakk, a fraction of PM was eating it, the GEB was its equal etc). TOAA is. "
Lol? Mandrakk was NEVER eating the Presence. He was feeding on the Spectre and the Radiant. That's different. He wasn't feeding on the the Presence itself. "
You're talking about Mandrakk 2. I was referring to the original Mandrakk.
#15 Posted by Primebonnick (2975 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse:  this makes no sense
#16 Posted by lordraiden (7629 posts) - - Show Bio

There's not enough known or shown about the Primal Monitor to make any actual sense.  To see he is above the Presence is nothing but assumption at best. PR Beyonder wins with feats alone, too many to mention.  When it's shown that the Primal Monitor can erase Death at the click of his fingers, then we might have some more to go on and talk about.

#17 Posted by TheUltimateSurvivor (837 posts) - - Show Bio
Primal Monitor stomps.
#18 Posted by ManofSteel (115 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole DC Universe was a germ to the Primal Monitor.

#19 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio
@ManofSteel: well the same thing was stated about PR Beyonder, the marvel universe is like a drop of water to him. He did state i am to eternity what eternity is to you. so Pr beyonder takes it i think. but if this is post recton beyonder he dies of sheer heartattack!!
#20 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:
@ManofSteel: well the same thing was stated about PR Beyonder, the marvel universe is like a drop of water to him. He did state i am to eternity what eternity is to you. so Pr beyonder takes it i think. but if this is post recton beyonder he dies of sheer heartattack!!
umm i dont really take the primal moniter seriously as i am 1000% grant was on weed when he made him and for your info the primal moniter didnt appear he was just referenced to in like two panels while PR beyonder was literally having fun with the universe with no one to stop him and every page he made some massive feat so the beyonder ripoff loses
#21 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: haha totally agree!
#22 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26988 posts) - - Show Bio

The Primal monitor is Omnipotent Pre-recton Beyonder is Nigh omnipotent Primal Monitor stomps.

#23 Posted by Primebonnick (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

bump Primal monitor is a joke a wannabe presence with less awesome servants. Hell or all we know it could be another form of the presence.

#24 Posted by Needlebay (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough info on the PM, but the whole DC creation was just a germ. It was also infinite. Some say that the Primal Monitor was just a canvas for all stories past and present.

#25 Posted by JediXMan (31332 posts) - - Show Bio

Primal Monitor has no feats.

#26 Edited by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Not enough info on the PM, but the whole DC creation was just a germ. It was also infinite. Some say that the Primal Monitor was just a canvas for all stories past and present.

You bumped this to point out the obvious..?

#27 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

And as for the Primal Monitor vs Beyonder, it depends on what Beyonder we're using here: pre-retcon or post-retcon.

If it's pre retcon, then Beyonder stomps(he had omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence). If it's post retcon, I don't know, because post retcon Beyonder merely has the power of reality warping. But I'm going with the Beyonder because it's been stated that the only beings that are superior to the Beyonder are: Molecule Man, the Celestials, and even the One Above All.

#28 Posted by Needlebay (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus, call it stupid or whatever, but I didn't get the PM, so it wasn't obvious to me. And I doubt Beyonder would stomp something as vast as the PM.

#29 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Needlebay said:
@Illuminatus, call it stupid or whatever, but I didn't get the PM, so it wasn't obvious to me. And I doubt Beyonder would stomp something as vast as the PM.
PM has no useable feats, so Beyonder stomps with ease.
#30 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of feats.

Beyonder by a mile.

#31 Posted by ShootingNova (19162 posts) - - Show Bio

Please stop bumping these threads, JackKnight.

#32 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Sure thing ;)

But I don't thin bumping threads is that bad.

I was thinking of bumping Racob7's Beat my Character thread involving that Amonukumun (or Amonu for short) guy but since theres that eat my Character threads are banned now, so I wouldn't

Though I still thought the character was pretty cool but that's continue this in PM.

#33 Edited by Xeroxer (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre Retcon

#34 Edited by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

PM and beyonder are stupid PM is stated to be more powerful than the presence and in a since he is due to the fact the presence is like a story but how is that possible when neither PM or beyonder were omnipresent or omniscient. Beyonder admitted he was clueless most of the time and PM needs people to investigate the DC multiverse for him. Also PM created anti-monitor, the monitor, the entire monitor race, and considered all of DC creation to be but a germ. Plus you do realize there's a difference between a universe and all of creation there are plenty of beings who probably considered a universe to be a grain of sand of a beach, and beyonder is a story he literally flies into PMs infinite vastness and gets erased like mandrakk. PM wins

#35 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: you know who will win, one is a character who is not omniscient, and a shade under true omnipotence. the other is the canvas who contains all creations ever made. AND the anti monitor and monitor are nothing but a probe that split, and half of the PROBE beat gods vengeance. this is obvious who will win.PS this is not allowed anymore@god_spwan: @morpheus:

#36 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: but Mandrakk can eat PM history

#39 Edited by uchiha454 (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pretty sure that beyonder can't erase what he was created on so.....

#40 Edited by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol: thanks, reviver of ancient cosmic and (sometimes) unbalanced battles lol

#42 Posted by BatManuel (32 posts) - - Show Bio

If the beyonder is more powerful than writers who created him, I don't see primal monitor beating him since PM was compare to be a canvas to the writers.

#43 Posted by BEYONDERGOD (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder solos PM

#44 Posted by JwwProd (10606 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder.

#45 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (497 posts) - - Show Bio

PM

#46 Edited by 99999999999 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

primal monitor wins.

#47 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

@99999999999: there was a guy that was banned for bumping mismatches like this. The canvas vs a character that's not even omnipotent inside Marvel creation? Mismatch. Oh look, there he is. Beyondergod, guy was a good friend of mine, just....he likes beyonder. Like, a lot.

#48 Posted by MasterKungFu (2885 posts) - - Show Bio

primal monitor

#49 Posted by Tech_Lantern (3 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by AgentToxin (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder