• 61 results
#1 Posted by Brandon8389 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are god like but the presence is supposed to be the Christian god that controls the Spector... And I don't know if there is anyone in marvel above the beyonder... Let's take the writers out as the overall gods because that's just saying anyone that makes up the story is the best...

#2 Posted by bballaag (79 posts) - - Show Bio

They end up destroying both universes and themselves.
The end. :)

#3 Posted by TheLegendary32 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@bballaag: No, even pre retcon beyonder cannot defeat The Presence or even TOAA. Only the Great Evil Beast is equal to The Presence. The Primal Monitor is the whole DC Multiverse but I doubt The Presence lives there so TP stomps.

#4 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence and TOAA always win by default, stop making threads with them

#5 Posted by X_insignia1 (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

i swear man, these x & y vs Presence and TOAA threads are like 2 +2 but expecting

to get a different answer every time

#6 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

We dont know the upper limit of either of them, so yeah this battle shouldnt have been made in the first place.

#7 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheLegendary32 said:

@bballaag: No, even pre retcon beyonder cannot defeat The Presence or even TOAA. Only the Great Evil Beast is equal to The Presence. The Primal Monitor is the whole DC Multiverse but I doubt The Presence lives there so TP stomps.

Why do people believe great evil beast is the presence equal? Presence subsumed the great evil beast within him and now he's a part of the presence, had they been equal in power that would be hard. The Primal Monitor, when has he made an appearance? Can anyone tell me what issue he appeared in? I have never even seen that dude.

#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@TheLegendary32 said:

Why do people believe great evil beast is the presence equal? Presence subsumed the great evil beast within him and now he's a part of the presence, had they been equal in power that would be hard. The Primal Monitor, when has he made an appearance? Can anyone tell me what issue he appeared in? I have never even seen that dude.

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D. He's not, as said, the whole DC Multiverse, but rather the void beyond it. Or, in metafictional terms (Because Final Crisis is all about metafiction), he is the blank space between the panels of the comic. As you might guess, he's a bit confusing.

#9 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

presence curbstomps

#10 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate and this battle has been done before.

#11 Posted by Masterr (194 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a rule for not making threads that involve the presence, source, TOAA etc.

#12 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

#13 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack said:

Stalemate and this battle has been done before.

how can THE god stalemate with beyonder?

so toaa which is god stalemates with beyonder as well?

#14 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid:

The Presence = Omnipotent

Beyonder = Omnipotent

#15 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack said:

@Almighty_Darkseid:

Beyonder = Omnipotent

Beyonder might have been stated to be omnipotent but one of his feat in particular proves he is not. He had to pretty much use every amount of his energy to kill Lady death and then turn a guy into lady death (dont ask me how that works) during Secret Wars 2. Also i believe, if he was omnipotent, there should have been absolutely no contest when Molecule Man fought Beyonder, for most part the battle looked rather balanced.

#16 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them is truly omnipotent.

#17 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

beyonder seemed to be omnipotent while the presence is not since he wasnt able to kill the great evil beast

#19 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:

You forgot the part where near the end of Secret Wars 2 he states that he limited himself with his powers so that he was challenged. He actually could have resurrected Death again and again. Plus during the Secret Wars 2 storyline even the writers themselves stated that beyonder was truly omnipotent hence the retcon.

#20 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack said:

@Almighty_Darkseid:

Beyonder = Omnipotent

so i guess beyonder also stalemates with toaa right?

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8993 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack:Stalemate ?? really??

@justleader:Seriously,The Presence is omnipontent and omniscient,he's the God of the Gods in Dc Universe,who control The Spectre and Radiant and his others aspects,like The Word

The presence don't kill him,because the great evil beast is a part of it, good and evil as one

#22 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw this battle before,but alright...The presence is like TOAA's level so i guess he wins...i could be wrong though..

#23 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack said:

@Killemall:

You forgot the part where near the end of Secret Wars 2 he states that he limited himself with his powers so that he was challenged. He actually could have resurrected Death again and again. Plus during the Secret Wars 2 storyline even the writers themselves stated that beyonder was truly omnipotent hence the retcon.

He said he limited his power in terms of a fight against Molecule Man, because he wanted to feel what it feels like to be human, that is one reason why he lost, got killed, when to a different universe, exploded and became a new universe. This has nothing to do with what happened against Death, that was him trying to rid death.

Just because writer said he is omnipotent doesnt make him truely omnipotent. Why, because the number of people who have been stated to be omnipotent are staggering. Odin has been stated to be omnipotent more than about 50 times, Dr. Doom with powers of HOM Wanda was said to be omnipotent too, and we all know how that turned out.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

People actually believe TOAA > Presence, because TOAA has been said to be outright the most powerful entity as it represents the writers (Stan Lee appeared once) while Presence has some competation in DC. We have the Great Evil Beast for a while, who's now a part of Presence. Then we had Overmonitor, although we have never really seen him.

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

The Overmonitor is not Presence's competition.

#26 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any PR in the Beyonder so Presence stomps. Honestly even if this was PR Beyonder, he's a dumb*ss "omnipotent" being. Doom tricked him. Dumb*ss! Presence wins no matter what.

#27 Edited by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

The presence and TOAA are basically God of their respective universe. They shouldn't be used in battle. I do think that TOAA is stronger since it's freaking Stan Lee. :)

#28 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

People actually believe TOAA > Presence, because TOAA has been said to be outright the most powerful entity as it represents the writers (Stan Lee appeared once) while Presence has some competation in DC. We have the Great Evil Beast for a while, who's now a part of Presence. Then we had Overmonitor, although we have never really seen him.

so ur saying marvel god beats dc god? i doubt it both are the gods of their own universe no one to more powerful than the other

#29 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

so ur saying marvel god beats dc god? i doubt it both are the gods of their own universe no one to more powerful than the other

Why not. Thor is a marvel god, Zeus is a DC god they are not at same power level. Just because they are 2 supreme beings dont necessarily mean they are at same power level because one is a writer so yeah he's as omnipotent as it gets when it comes to comics while the other has few people who could potentially give him a good fight.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

I don't see any PR in the Beyonder so Presence stomps. Honestly even if this was PR Beyonder, he's a dumb*ss "omnipotent" being. Doom tricked him. Dumb*ss! Presence wins no matter what.

haha thats really funny gotta give you that, but thats an unfair assessment. By the same logic Constantine conned Presence to make a deal to spare his soul, i dont think that necessarily makes Presence dumb.

#31 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Why not. Thor is a marvel god, Zeus is a DC god they are not at same power level. Just because they are 2 supreme beings dont necessarily mean they are at same power level because one is a writer so yeah he's as omnipotent as it gets when it comes to comics while the other has few people who could potentially give him a good fight.

smh... how are u going to compare low tier gods to basically the god of gods, which is the creator of the comics themselves...

i guess u also think that allah is more powerful than buddha...

#32 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

smh... how are u going to compare low tier gods to basically the god of gods, which is the creator of the comics themselves...

I think you missed my point, what i meant was just because 2 beings are creator doesnt mean they are equal in powers to each other. For example Q is Star War (or star trek whatever) god and that doesnt automatically mean he's equal to the presence. The reason one would think TOAA is more powerful is because he's the writer while like i am saying the second time there were people who could give presence a good fight. We had the great evil beast which is not more, now he's just the darkness and Presence is the light. So yeah just because he's the creator of DC, while TOAA is not the creator of marvel, doesnt automatically mean he's TOAA's equal.

Firstly i am an athiest so i couldnt care less. Second we are talking about gods in one religion so i am not even going to address anything because religion is not a topic i would like to touch because although it means little to nothing to me, religion can be a big deal to other and i have to respect that. You cannot compare religious figures with comic character thats just wrong.

#33 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

I think you missed my point, what i meant was just because 2 beings are creator doesnt mean they are equal in powers to each other. For example Q is Star War (or star trek whatever) god and that doesnt automatically mean he's equal to the presence. The reason one would think TOAA is more powerful is because he's the writer while like i am saying the second time there were people who could give presence a good fight. We had the great evil beast which is not more, now he's just the darkness and Presence is the light. So yeah just because he's the creator of DC, while TOAA is not the creator of marvel, doesnt automatically mean he's TOAA's equal.

Firstly i am an athiest so i couldnt care less. Second we are talking about gods in one religion so i am not even going to address anything because religion is not a topic i would like to touch because although it means little to nothing to me, religion can be a big deal to other and i have to respect that. You cannot compare religious figures with comic character thats just wrong.

great evil beast is apart of the presence... toaa and presence are equal, by saying toaa is more powerful than presence, then might as well just say marvel is better than dc... and i know ur a marvel fan... s its probably why ur saying toaa

its basically the samething... u couldnt answer it, cause u know im right...

#34 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

great evil beast is apart of the presence... toaa and presence are equal, by saying toaa is more powerful than presence, then might as well just say marvel is better than dc... and i know ur a marvel fan... s its probably why ur saying toaa

First i am not a marvel fan i read both marvel and DC, and off late have read more of DC than have marvel. Great Evil Beast being a part of presence now doesnt change what i have been trying to say all along because Presence did have competition. What has one character being more powerful than other has anything to do with one company being better than other, but just for the shake for it hope i dont get screamed at for this, in terms of storyarc i really think Dc has much better stories, specially off late than Marvel because last few arcs like Fear Itself and The Fearless where just plain horrible.

I am saying TOAA because while one represents the writer of the comics, the other is a character in the comic as powerful as he may be. And no gods in religion has nothing to do with supreme beings in comics, and the reason why i did not answer that part about buddha vs Allah, is because i am an athiest and i dont want to touch religious stuffs.

#35 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

First i am not a marvel fan i read both marvel and DC, and off late have read more of DC than have marvel. Great Evil Beast being a part of presence now doesnt change what i have been trying to say all along because Presence did have competition. What has one character being more powerful than other has anything to do with one company being better than other, but just for the shake for it hope i dont get screamed at for this, in terms of storyarc i really think Dc has much better stories, specially off late than Marvel because last few arcs like Fear Itself and The Fearless where just plain horrible.

I am saying TOAA because while one represents the writer of the comics, the other is a character in the comic as powerful as he may be. And no gods in religion has nothing to do with supreme beings in comics, and the reason why i did not answer that part about buddha vs Allah, is because i am an athiest and i dont want to touch religious stuffs.

toaa and presence are equal, and many others also agree

#36 Posted by Nefarious (21309 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence stomps.

#37 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

The prescence

#38 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
The Presence stomps.
Beyonder wanders into the DCU, starts mucking things up with his powers.  
The Presence comes in, and does this:  

#39 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

There are many who disagree too.

#40 Edited by Nefarious (21309 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty: That kick reminds me of the one from 300. 
#41 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

There are many who disagree too.

more agrees than not

#42 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
@OmegaDynasty: That kick reminds me of the one from 300. 
Well here is a better one. 
Guy in White = Beyonder 
Guy in Blue= Presence 

Beyonder: Oh, another multiverse lets check it out.  
Presence: Nope! GTFO of my totality! 

#43 Posted by A Touch of Class (ATC) (572 posts) - - Show Bio

PR Beyonder's power was likened to an ocean while the Marvel Universe was said to be a drop of water in comparison. Meanwhile, the Presence is said to have been created by external forces and is not even the most powerful in DC.

PR Beyonder annihilates.

#44 Posted by Nefarious (21309 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty: I feel sorry for that kid. 
#45 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

more agrees than not

Yeah i would assume so, therefore from the first instance i said "I" think TOAA is superior.

#46 Posted by superstay (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Budda a philosopher of Hinduism(I think I spelled it wrong). That just taught it in a way that later became Buddhism.

#47 Posted by superstay (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O "You know he dead"

#48 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

Isn't Budda a philosopher of Hinduism(I think I spelled it wrong). That just taught it in a way that later became Buddhism.

yes, hinduism gave birth to buddhism

#49 Posted by superstay (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you Buddhist

Off Topic: What is the Overmonitor, because I only know of the Anti-Monitor.

#50 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

Are you Buddhist

Off Topic: What is the Overmonitor, because I only know of the Anti-Monitor.

no, im agnostic

i think hes one of the monitors, but weaker than anti monitor