The Presence vs. One-Above-All

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@drgnx said:

@LordOfAllHumans:

LOL, where you have you been?

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@drgnx said:

Aight folks; Lets get something straight; TOAA is NOT the real live creator of Marvel universe. We know this because he does not exist outside of the comic in a single corporeal form. He is not a real person.

TOAA is the personification of the collective power of Marvel's creators manifested in the Marvel universe. Even if you put someone like Stan Lee in a comic, it is not really Stan lee, it is a character based on him, it is the same concept of an alternate of a character in an alternate universe. As such, that character in the comic is like every other character in the comic in that they are limited to powers provided to them by real-life authors.

As such, TOAA that appears in comics has no more abilities than the presence unless specifically shown or stated in the comics. This makes this a stalemate.

TOAA is the real live creator of Marvel within the confines of Marvel as a comic. Nothing but us exist outside the comics, but that does no mean that the writers have not ascribed the role of creator to a being they created. The writers do not exist in Marvel, as you stated if Stan Lee is written in, he is a character, as a Marvel character he then would be under the power of TOAA, because in Marvel that is the top.

To my knowledge there is noone in real life who has been officially ordained the title of TOAA in terms of Marvel. And when we speak of TOAA we are referring to this person are we not?

No Caption Provided

This would be a comic book representation and therefor a comic book character, since the real life authors did not magically jump into the comicbook, but as you said may have ascribed a comic book character that role, it is still a character who lacks the real power to individually take action against "the presence" in the manner which many indicate here. But I think you got that.

If you're referring to a real person, for it to be canon, Marvel would have to officially place that title (TOAA) on a real person. To my knowledge they have not; So you would have someone who does not officially/canonically exist in "real life" vs someone who exists in comics which would actually default the win to "the presence".

Now, assuming they did officially name someone in real life TOAA, then we would be using a Comicbook Character vs a "real life" person; A real life person who has no legal right to interact with "the presence", and therefor, in character, would not do anything at all to the presence, which still makes this a "Stalemate".

Edit: A real life TOAA could, in character, seek legal action, but since the TOAA and "the presence" are abstract concepts based on "Gods of Myth" the chances are the cases would be thrown out, thus also leading to a stalemate.

I work crazy hour hours lol

I'm referring only to the being in Marvel that has been called TOAA/the Creator. I Can see it's role being something akin to the positions of the writer, but they have not claimed to be the creator that LT and others have talked about, which leads me to believe that TOAA is a character, maybe not an active one but a character nonetheless. LT having as much power as he does and the Phoenix existing in every Marvel universe in some form shows that TOAA has a great deal of power, as they are both dependent on the will and power of TOAA.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@drgnx said:

@LordOfAllHumans:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@drgnx said:

Aight folks; Lets get something straight; TOAA is NOT the real live creator of Marvel universe. We know this because he does not exist outside of the comic in a single corporeal form. He is not a real person.

TOAA is the personification of the collective power of Marvel's creators manifested in the Marvel universe. Even if you put someone like Stan Lee in a comic, it is not really Stan lee, it is a character based on him, it is the same concept of an alternate of a character in an alternate universe. As such, that character in the comic is like every other character in the comic in that they are limited to powers provided to them by real-life authors.

As such, TOAA that appears in comics has no more abilities than the presence unless specifically shown or stated in the comics. This makes this a stalemate.

TOAA is the real live creator of Marvel within the confines of Marvel as a comic. Nothing but us exist outside the comics, but that does no mean that the writers have not ascribed the role of creator to a being they created. The writers do not exist in Marvel, as you stated if Stan Lee is written in, he is a character, as a Marvel character he then would be under the power of TOAA, because in Marvel that is the top.

To my knowledge there is noone in real life who has been officially ordained the title of TOAA in terms of Marvel. And when we speak of TOAA we are referring to this person are we not?

No Caption Provided

This would be a comic book representation and therefor a comic book character, since the real life authors did not magically jump into the comicbook, but as you said may have ascribed a comic book character that role, it is still a character who lacks the real power to individually take action against "the presence" in the manner which many indicate here. But I think you got that.

If you're referring to a real person, for it to be canon, Marvel would have to officially place that title (TOAA) on a real person. To my knowledge they have not; So you would have someone who does not officially/canonically exist in "real life" vs someone who exists in comics which would actually default the win to "the presence".

Now, assuming they did officially name someone in real life TOAA, then we would be using a Comicbook Character vs a "real life" person; A real life person who has no legal right to interact with "the presence", and therefor, in character, would not do anything at all to the presence, which still makes this a "Stalemate".

Edit: A real life TOAA could, in character, seek legal action, but since the TOAA and "the presence" are abstract concepts based on "Gods of Myth" the chances are the cases would be thrown out, thus also leading to a stalemate.

I'm referring only to the being in Marvel that has been called TOAA/the Creator. I Can see it's role being something akin to the positions of the writer, but they have not claimed to be the creator that LT and others have talked about, which leads me to believe that TOAA is a character, maybe not an active one but a character nonetheless. LT having as much power as he does and the Phoenix existing in every Marvel universe in some form shows that TOAA has a great deal of power, as they are both dependent on the will and power of TOAA.

Okay, sounds like we are on the same page for the most part, when I saw your post I saw you quoted my initial post.

No Caption Provided

My main issue is that I get feeling that many people think this guy is going to merely walk into Warner's studios and shut it down or at least erase all reference of "the presence" (and quite possibly do so with the wave of a hand).

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@drgnx said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@drgnx said:

@LordOfAllHumans:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@drgnx said:

No Caption Provided

Okay, sounds like we are on the same page for the most part, when I saw your post I saw you quoted my initial post.

No Caption Provided

My main issue is that I get feeling that many people think this guy is going to merely walk into Warner's studios and shut it down or at least erase all reference of "the presence" (and quite possibly do so with the wave of a hand).

Yeah I don't think he can walk in there and end it, I agree with the stalemate they should both be powerless against each other, or all knowing enough to laugh at the concept of them doing anything outside of being the "God" of their companies.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By a88378438

TOaa easily!!!

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By a88378438

DC GOD=Omniscient and omnipotent marvel GOD=stan lee/o-a-a,he was creater Omniscient and omnipotent charater so,yes,TOAA not god,drgnx 100%right,he just "TOAA is the personification of the collective power of Marvel's creators manifested in the Marvel universe" i agree with you

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By minigunman123

I will never forgive the fact, that this thread, which is full of failure, was thread necro'd from the 3 year grave of doom that it belongs to.

I will destroy who has done this.

Bring me the perpetrator, .

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By justleader

@onilordasmodeus said:

@justleader:

I'm not understanding. Why doesn't it count as true omnipotence?

And your logic with Lucifer is kinda of flawed. In the Bible why did God create Eden with sacred fruit and tell Adam and Eve not to eat it? If he was true omnipotent and omniscient he should have known what was going to happen. Why even go through the motions? The answer is because He can. He is God, the alpha and the omega, and He can do as he pleases regardless if human logic says it is pointless.

Likewise, Presence's omnipotence doesn't hinge on another being free-will, or on whether on not he chooses to respect that free-will. He asked Lucifer of he cooperation because he could and wanted to. It's not like he was shocked, or surprised, or was boo-hoo crying after Lucifer said no. He basically just said OK and left.

Well that's just it, why ask him not just take them away? why bother if he knew the answer all that contradicts his omnipotence and omniscience, and him being shaped by some other forces doesn't make him the supreme being.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By Squalleon

@#1ElderScrollsFan: it's the same thing in different universe

Avatar image for marvelavengersalliance10
MarvelAvengersAlliance10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's stalemate

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By MasterJohn

Stalemate.

No Caption Provided
Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Sylvain

@MasterJohn said:

No Caption Provided

Stalemate.

Maybe they will lets this thread live after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Stalemate.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Sideslash

@logy5000 said:

Stalemate.

Agreed

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By JackKnight

If The One Above All is Stan Lee, Then the Presence is Jerry Siegel.

iHailCarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By iHailCarlo

The Presence would win!

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By XLR87T3

Stan Lee Karate chop curbostomp.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By dondave

Stalemate

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Vaeternus

Stalemate and then the real God beats both of them ;)

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By JackKnight

@Vaeternus: You mean this guy?

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Deadgod

TOAA easily

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Vaeternus

stalemate

@JackKnight, More like this guy

No Caption Provided
JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By JackKnight

@Vaeternus: Or nabby this guy

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Qpzmg

Liam Neeson wins.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By FiMFTW

@Qpzmg said:

Liam Neeson wins.
JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By JackKnight

@Qpzmg:

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ComocYahweh

Toaa is a Stan Lee, The Presence is the Judeo-Christian God, weather he exists or not, the Christian religion is alot bigger than a human.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Frocharocha

@icecream1991 said:

The prescence is soooo much cooler. One above all is an old man.

Isn't The Presence in human form a old man? At least what he chooses.

No Caption Provided
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Vaeternus

Well, lol when you're God ^ you can be whatever form or anything you want really..

@JackKnight said:

@Vaeternus: Or nabby this guy

lol Chuck Norris

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#179  Edited By terry2012

@JediXMan: I agree.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#180  Edited By terry2012

@Vaeternus: And This.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stalemate but i this TOAA wins

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By JackKnight

@Frocharocha: Well that just one of the Presence's forms. here a better picture of him

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Qpzmg

Batman can take both down with prep.

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Daaerk

The One Above All I would think. If not, stalemate.

Daaerk

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

drobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By drobinson

@_1elderscrollsfan: I know they are even, but if one of them had to win I would want the one above all, this is because He is based off one of the guys who started marvel. I think that is a great tribute to the true creators of this great universe. I do not know if the Presence is based on somebody or not, so if their was a battle to the death, (existence in this case, death just will not do) I would be cheering for the one above all.

P.S. if the presence is based of someone could somebody tell me, always like to know more.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it the celestial One Above All? If so, Presence wins.

If it's The One Above All, then TOAA wins easily, since Presence already said that there are powers even beyond his / hers limits and TOAA represents these powers of imagination and creation. Excelsior.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Omnipotent battles not allowed. And it is, as usual, stalemate.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA stomps if Presence is not truly omnipotent, but if proven later that he is, then it's stalemate.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers