the presence vs living tribunal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

death monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By death monger

fight in space

Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Goenitz

Presence(DC) = TOAA (Marvel) Them it's an outmatch

Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Shikarenji
@Goenitz said:
"Presence(DC) = TOAA (Marvel) Them it's an outmatch "

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Superparody

wow...Presence blinks and destroys the LT, TOAA sees his creation get destroyed gets pissed and a epic battle begins that destroys both multiverses with neather of them winning...in the end they repair each others multiverses with a click of their fingers...and decide to call it a day...TOAA recreates the LT and scolds him for being a moron and thinking he can take the Presence.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
@Goenitz said:
" Presence(DC) = TOAA (Marvel) Them it's an outmatch "

Avatar image for ___living_tribunal_22__
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

the presence= he toaa this is a stomp the presence stomps so hard the multiverse will break in two.
@___Living_Tribunal_22__
do not bump a thread to put lt wins he his not winning anyway he is geting stomp do not bump a thread just to post one word.

___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@___Living_Tribunal_22__
do not bump a thread to put lt wins he his not winning anyway he is geting stomp do not bump a thread just to post one word.

Think about this, man, the Living Tribunal, guardian of the Omniverse, facing a multiversal deity, who is, in fact, near omnipotent? The Omniverse comprises the DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse and every multiverse in comic book fiction. He might be above of them all. With the One-Above-All as the most powerful entity in the comic book fiction.   

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By isaac_clarke
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

the presence= he toaa

No he doesn't

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#10  Edited By AssertingValor

The presence is more powerful but less brave than the tribunal!

The tribunal has stood agains how many universal threats?

while the presence fled heaven when genisis was born

Genisis= presence

LT<<Thanos with HOU

and LT still stood his groundthe best he could, never ran away (could be because he has no feelings though).................

___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things that go against the Presence's omnipotence:

He has an own opposite who is his equal in power: Great Evil Beast.

Both Lucifer and Michael have gone against his will.

There are mysterious, undefined forces above him, which he indeed said.

Michael and Lucifer = The Presence.

If he is omnipotent, then he sure don't have this weaknesses. I personally think that the GEB and The Presence are two sides of the same coin. And that coin, is the true Yahweh.

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By supermandefender
@___Living_Tribunal_22__: Lucifer and michael dont equal the Presence. Read Lucifer Veritgo. They do not. Together one of each lacks a ability the other has or needs. Presence stomps because of this weakness in both and handles both at the sametime. Exploiting there weakness.
The presence is omnipotent. He just chooses not to interfere in the comics. 
In the comics apparently he had evil in him which seems silly and he casted it out.....this in itself is bad writing because thats not omnipotence.
TOAA is a writer for the comicbook world of marvel he can do anything. But seeing that there is a world where he lives in then he is just a smaller part of a grander world. Not omnipotence.

I try not to think about it. Its flawed. You can have 2 omnipotent beings the result will always equal a tie. LT gets destoryed here.

Your looking for holes and dont...just ignore them. Because its like the saying If someone is omnipotent can he make a rock he cannot lift? The question is a trap and it doesnt work because if he cant then he isnt truely omnipotent but if he does then he isnt omnipotent because he couldnt do the feat.
This is a trap question that holds no ground because if something is omnipotent then he can only make something else just as omnipotent. Mean the rock will become infintely heavy but he will always be able to pick it up. Hence unlimited power!
Making the Great Evil Beast can boil down to because he wanted 2. Same reason why he made the universe because he wanted 2. In the end he is the omnipotent being. So reguardless its doesnt matter. Its silly to look for scapegoats.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@___Living_Tribunal_22__ said:

He has an own opposite who is his equal in power: Great Evil Beast.

Both Lucifer and Michael have gone against his will.

There are mysterious, undefined forces above him, which he indeed said.

Michael and Lucifer = The Presence.

If he is omnipotent, then he sure don't have this weaknesses. I personally think that the GEB and The Presence are two sides of the same coin. And that coin, is the true Yahweh.

@supermandefender said:
@___Living_Tribunal_22__: Lucifer and michael dont equal the Presence. Read Lucifer Veritgo. They do not. Together one of each lacks a ability the other has or needs. Presence stomps because of this weakness in both and handles both at the sametime. Exploiting there weakness. The presence is omnipotent. He just chooses not to interfere in the comics.  In the comics apparently he had evil in him which seems silly and he casted it out.....this in itself is bad writing because thats not omnipotence. TOAA is a writer for the comicbook world of marvel he can do anything. But seeing that there is a world where he lives in then he is just a smaller part of a grander world. Not omnipotence. I try not to think about it. Its flawed. You can have 2 omnipotent beings the result will always equal a tie. LT gets destoryed here.Your looking for holes and dont...just ignore them. Because its like the saying If someone is omnipotent can he make a rock he cannot lift? The question is a trap and it doesnt work because if he cant then he isnt truely omnipotent but if he does then he isnt omnipotent because he couldnt do the feat. This is a trap question that holds no ground because if something is omnipotent then he can only make something else just as omnipotent. Mean the rock will become infintely heavy but he will always be able to pick it up. Hence unlimited power! Making the Great Evil Beast can boil down to because he wanted 2. Same reason why he made the universe because he wanted 2. In the end he is the omnipotent being. So reguardless its doesnt matter. Its silly to look for scapegoats.
No Caption Provided
The way it's mentioned is that external forces created the Presence this could be a refrence to the writes, or to the over-monitor. if TOAA= Writers I suppose that it would him more than the Presence.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By supermandefender

He doesnt say he was created.....he says he was shaped by forces external to him. My guess is he is referring to Love...and emotions. Forces that made him the way he is...or so thats my take on it. But thats just one point of view...who knows what the writers mean by this you could be right 2.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@supermandefender said:
 He doesnt say he was created.....he says he was shaped by forces external to him. My guess is he is referring to Love...and emotions. Forces that made him the way he is...or so thats my take on it. But thats just one point of view...who knows what the writers mean by this you could be right 2.
Love and emotions are universal at best, and were created within his domain. So I don't think thats what he means. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty:

I don't understand how being created by another makes him weaker; it's quite plausible that, while "created," (even if this is quite vague) he is still omnipotent. He defines himself as infinite and eternal in the same panel.

PS: The "Overmonitor" is more a concept than an actual, sentient being.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By supermandefender
@OmegaDynasty: If emotions are universal why would a omnipotent being create? Unless the omnipotent force also has emotions. Again Presence is not saying he was created he says he was shaped. Now  If he was created by something else he would just say so....but it does imply different meanings. Still you cant make any connection to the Marvel U. As far as I see it the fight is a draw. Presence=TOAA
I try not to think about it....it just becomes 2 silly. Because you will just have another presence to that presence and another writer to that writer. It is really silly if you try to break it all down.

Until proven otherwise I wont read into it. lol Go for it if you think so...doesnt change the fact LT dies at the hands of the Presence. lol
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@supermandefender said:
@OmegaDynasty: If emotions are universal why would a omnipotent being create? Unless the omnipotent force also has emotions. Again Presence is not saying he was created he says he was shaped. Now  If he was created by something else he would just say so....but it does imply different meanings. Still you cant make any connection to the Marvel U. As far as I see it the fight is a draw. Presence=TOAAI try not to think about it....it just becomes 2 silly. Because you will just have another presence to that presence and another writer to that writer. It is really silly if you try to break it all down. Until proven otherwise I wont read into it. lol Go for it if you think so...doesnt change the fact LT dies at the hands of the Presence. lol
 I didn't say the LT wins this. I was thinking when you said emotions of the emotional abstracts such as Parallax, and Ion. Those are universal or possibly mutliversal abstarcts which would be under the Presence in power. 

@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty: I don't understand how being created by another makes him weaker; it's quite plausible that, while "created," (even if this is quite vague) he is still omnipotent. He defines himself as infinite and eternal in the same panel.PS: The "Overmonitor" is more a concept than an actual, sentient being.
Well you have nay sayers that just keep saying TOAA =/= Presence for that reason. Happened to me when I stated they were equals.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty:

I still say the Presence = One Above All; really, he has more feats (I think - not sure). And the "Overmonitor" is just a... thing. A concept. It is not the supreme being.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By supermandefender
@OmegaDynasty: No I didnt mean the emotional abstracts like parallax. I meant whatever gave the Presence a sense of emotion. Because Lucifer talks to him about him handling things well....Presence says no he is not but  he is infinite and eternal. Meaning he is well in that sense. Besides having another creator i cant think of another reason for something else external shaping him into the way he is. But again im guessing no idea what the writer is trying to say here. I just started to read lucifer veritgos i downloaded them :). Im sure that quote was at the very end of the series correct?
___Living_Tribunal_22__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, truly I think the cosmology of the DC Universe is all screwed-up, with Vertigo contradicting what the other says. For example, we have Death of the Endless, Nekron and Black Hand. They represent death as the passive end, the ultimate opponent and an emotional concept, respectively, but who is the true Death? 

If you ask me, Marvel is much more consistent with his cosmology, even coming as a hierarchy, with TOAA on top, then Living Tribunal, then Eternity...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By AtPhantom

No, it's not. You think it's more consistent because it has a semblance of hierarchy, but that's until you try to figure out where Abraxas. Chaos King, Sise-Neg, Nemesis, Star-Brand, Stranger, Heart of the Universe, Many-Angled ones, etc... Fit in it. Marvel has just as much tendency to make up new cosmic horrors on the fly without figuring out where what is. 

Btw it goes Death of the endless, Black Racer and Nekron.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DangerousLoki

The way I understood it, Death of the Endless was just a representation of Death, the embodiment of identites like the grim reaper, hades, hel, and the other gods of death. The heart of that essence of beings. The force that represents Death in the mortal plane. Kind of like Dream is  more a representation of the Dream scape but his power is planetary. Etc. 

I mean look how many gods of death exist in this world.
primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By primebonnick

Death in DC is the same as death in marvel all other aspects of death fall beneath her she ultimately is death. Yes the presence beats living tribunal badly.

the thing i don't get is why people thing he is not omnipotent i mean come on the guy splits himself into so many different aspects its not even funny (great evil beast, the source, the hand, the voice, etc) and the presence is still top why he does this who knows same way Toaa doesn't really solve the universe problems he lets others do it for some reason.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordraiden
@___Living_Tribunal_22__ said:

He has an own opposite who is his equal in power: Great Evil Beast.  Not true, he was just an aspect of The Presence.

Both Lucifer and Michael have gone against his will.  As it's been shown, all part of his plan (or....will, if you will ;-)

There are mysterious, undefined forces above him, which he indeed said.  Like what?? If you make these statements, back them up, by saying who/what is above him?

Michael and Lucifer = The Presence.  Where is this written or shown?? Cause I believe a lot of people believe think this, but it is just opinion, that the two equal him!!

Seriously, Presence>>LT, just as TOAA, being someone who put  LT there, is >>LT.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By isaac_clarke
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty: I don't understand how being created by another makes him weaker; it's quite plausible that, while "created," (even if this is quite vague) he is still omnipotent. He defines himself as infinite and eternal in the same panel.PS: The "Overmonitor" is more a concept than an actual, sentient being.

Hate to respond to something nearly a month old, but aren't most Nigh Omnipotent beings infinite and eternal? 
Heck I think I remember two cubed beings talking about how they have infinite power, but there are beings with a higher level of infinite power back in the day.
Darkeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darkeden

why do people make this thread? it's like insulting dc for comparing their god to someone weaker.

AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AzzaOJ

close this s**t, LT<<<<<<<<<prescence

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers