caption
#2 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, but I'd go for Thorgirl

#3 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"Interesting, but I'd go for Thorgirl"

Why?
#4 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Storms main focus would always be the weather, and while both are practically immune to it, she would have to rely on her physical attributes which are in Thorgirls favour

#5 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"Storms main focus would always be the weather, and while both are practically immune to it, she would have to rely on her physical attributes which are in Thorgirls favour"

If Storm already had power that rivaled Thor, wouldn't his added power make her even more powerful? I think she would have a more powerful control over the wheather.
#6 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

yes the weather, BUT they are both immune to it

#7 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"yes the weather, BUT they are both immune to it"
Why would they be? A hurricane force wind wouldn't just go around or through them. Thor is immune ony because he controls it so it doesn't hit him. Same would go for them. If Storm pulled up an ice storm and slammed giants boulders of ice on Thorgirl, what would she be immune to?
#8 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Her strength,speed and durability will make up for that

i say Thorgirl

#9 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"If Storm already had power that rivaled Thor, wouldn't his added power make her even more powerful? I think she would have a more powerful control over the wheather."

It's probably not like that.  We have seen Beta Ray Bill, who was actually strong enough to engage Thor in a hand to hand fight and was listed in Marvel encyclopedias as being able to at least lift 40 tons over his head, become Beta Ray Thor and at that point his strength was stated as being the same as Thor's.  If the properties that Thor's hammer impart on you, add on to your own abilities, I have never seen that mentioned.
#10 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing it should do is, give you the power of thor, the thunder god

#11 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"Alpha said:
"If Storm already had power that rivaled Thor, wouldn't his added power make her even more powerful? I think she would have a more powerful control over the wheather."

It's probably not like that.  We have seen Beta Ray Bill, who was actually strong enough to engage Thor in a hand to hand fight and was listed in Marvel encyclopedias as being able to at least lift 40 tons over his head, become Beta Ray Thor and at that point his strength was stated as being the same as Thor's.  If the properties that Thor's hammer impart on you, add on to your own abilities, I have never seen that mentioned."

Beta Ray was at class 100 before getting the power of Thor. Afterwards, he gained the power to control weather. That was the power of Thor added by receiving the hammer. Thor's strength is his birthright.
#12 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Beta Ray was at class 100 before getting the power of Thor. Afterwards, he gained the power to control weather. That was the power of Thor added by receiving the hammer. Thor's strength is his birthright."

In the Marvel Encyclopedias of the time, they stated that Beta Ray's strength was undetermined but that it exceeded 40 tons.  He did gain strength by gaining the powers of Thor, just as Eric Masterson and Red (whose last name escapes me) did when they used Mjolnir.
#13 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
I am thinking Thor Girl should win here
#14 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Thorgirl

#15 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"Alpha said:
"Beta Ray was at class 100 before getting the power of Thor. Afterwards, he gained the power to control weather. That was the power of Thor added by receiving the hammer. Thor's strength is his birthright."

In the Marvel Encyclopedias of the time, they stated that Beta Ray's strength was undetermined but that it exceeded 40 tons.  He did gain strength by gaining the powers of Thor, just as Eric Masterson and Red (whose last name escapes me) did when they used Mjolnir."

If that's true. Then with 40 ton strength he defeated a class 100 Thor in unarmed H2H combat.
#16 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"If that's true. Then with 40 ton strength he defeated a class 100 Thor in unarmed H2H combat."

Its possible, since the reason Thor lost the first fight is because when they were fighting they were deep in space, so he didnt think he needed to keep Mjolnir near him.  The spaceship that they were flying on got close enough to Earth, during the fight, that Odin's spell was brought into effect, turning Thor into Don Blake after 60 seconds.  Beta Ray took the opportunity of Thor turning into Blake, to knock him out.  Undoubtedly Thor was holding back during the earlier stages of the fight, just as he always held back against people such as the Wrecking Crew.  All of whom could only lift 10 tons and yet would have fairly long fights with Thor.

Besides, I did say that Marvel didn't say that BRB could only lift 40 tons.  Just that they said he could lift at least 40 tons.
#17 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Forever said:
"Alpha said:
"If that's true. Then with 40 ton strength he defeated a class 100 Thor in unarmed H2H combat."

Its possible, since the reason Thor lost the first fight is because when they were fighting they were deep in space, so he didnt think he needed to keep Mjolnir near him.  The spaceship that they were flying on got close enough to Earth, during the fight, that Odin's spell was brought into effect, turning Thor into Don Blake after 60 seconds.  Beta Ray took the opportunity of Thor turning into Blake, to knock him out.  Undoubtedly Thor was holding back during the earlier stages of the fight, just as he always held back against people such as the Wrecking Crew.  All of whom could only lift 10 tons and yet would have fairly long fights with Thor.

Besides, I did say that Marvel didn't say that BRB could only lift 40 tons.  Just that they said he could lift at least 40 tons."

I'm talking about the fight on Asgard for the hammer. Thor was beaten to where BRB had to save him form death.
#18 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Billy said:
"Storms main focus would always be the weather, and while both are practically immune to it, she would have to rely on her physical attributes which are in Thorgirls favour"

If Storm already had power that rivaled Thor, wouldn't his added power make her even more powerful? I think she would have a more powerful control over the wheather."

For the record, Storm NEVER had power that riveld Thor, that's wrong just hearing that in so many ways!
#19 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Alpha said:
"Billy said:

If Storm already had power that rivaled Thor, wouldn't his added power make her even more powerful? I think she would have a more powerful control over the wheather."

For the record, Storm NEVER had power that riveld Thor, that's wrong just hearing that in so many ways!"
Her power over the weather wasn't as great as his (being a god and all) but it wasn't a pale comparison. Not in my opinion. I never saw Thor do anything that Storm wasn't capable of to a degree.
#20 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Iv'e seen her to be more versatile with it.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Girl...EASY.Storm with Mjolnir is still nowhere near Thor Girl.

#22 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Forever said:
"Alpha said:

It's probably not like that.  We have seen Beta Ray Bill, who was actually strong enough to engage Thor in a hand to hand fight and was listed in Marvel encyclopedias as being able to at least lift 40 tons over his head, become Beta Ray Thor and at that point his strength was stated as being the same as Thor's.  If the properties that Thor's hammer impart on you, add on to your own abilities, I have never seen that mentioned."

Beta Ray was at class 100 before getting the power of Thor. Afterwards, he gained the power to control weather. That was the power of Thor added by receiving the hammer. Thor's strength is his birthright."
Actually Thor's belt doubles his natural strength.
#23 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Alpha said:
"Forever said:
"Alpha said:

Beta Ray was at class 100 before getting the power of Thor. Afterwards, he gained the power to control weather. That was the power of Thor added by receiving the hammer. Thor's strength is his birthright."
Actually Thor's belt doubles his natural strength."

It was a battle of honor. Thor didn't use his belt.
#24 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"I'm talking about the fight on Asgard for the hammer. Thor was beaten to where BRB had to save him form death."

In that fight it's unclear whether the strength that Beta gained when he first got the hammer was taken away from him for that fight.  He didnt have his Thor costume but that doesn't necessarily mean that the strength increase was taken away from him.  Also that fight was set up by Odin for Beta to win.  Even Beta and Thor speculated on that fact after the fight, because of the terrain that was chosen benefiting Beta.

Alpha
said:
"Her power over the weather wasn't as great as his (being a god and all) but it wasn't a pale comparison. Not in my opinion. I never saw Thor do anything that Storm wasn't capable of to a degree."

Alpha said:
"Actually, Iv'e seen her to be more versatile with it."

I would have to agree with you on both of these counts.  Thor doesnt rely very much on his control of the weather and if he can do things that she cannot, I dont remember seeing that displayed.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Girl

#26 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has this.
Thor Girl (i hate that name) doesn't show the level of power that she should.

#27 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would have a greater degree of storm powers, though Thor Girl would be stronger. Not sure how equal their hammers are, but Storm's was forged by Loki. I give this battle to Storm, for having greater and more experience storm powers.

#28 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

thorgirl also had her own cosmic power from being the designate which thor stated "rivaled omnipotent odin's own" so win for thorgirl